[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

On 2017/5/26 at 9:57 PM, babyval22 said:

Hi Chingu! Just to check with you guys.. I heard this is from the director's cut but how come I dun remember seeing this scene? Hahahs. Can someone help to refresh my memory? 

http://imgur.com/a/Vd9Gu

Yes, this is from the director's cut, around 00:16: 00 of episode 1, when KDR talked to his friend that he dreamed he lived in a strange place.

• Like 4

On 2017-5-28 at 5:34 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, this is from the director's cut, around 00:16: 00 of episode 1, when KDR talked to his friend that he dreamed he lived in a strange place.

Oh right! I shall go rewind and refresh my memory. For the life of me I couldn't remember where that scene was from cos it looked so unfamiliar. Hahahs. Thank you chingu! 

On 2017-5-30 at 0:27 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

LOTBS billboard in Philippines :

cr as tagged

There's a billboard for LOTBS in Philippines? So cool! 

As usual thank you chingu for updating us on the latest news for LOTBS! Vietnam is also showing it too? Hehe. Great news! 

• Like 3

On 5/22/2017 at 8:09 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

You are welcome.

Yes, I've pre ordered the DVD.

I wanted to but it is region 3 and I am unable to play it in the US. The blu-ray is too expensive.

How well did LOTBS do in Japan ratings wise? Glad it is doing well in Phillipines, I like it that it does better than Goblin and #1 in Taiwan. Yay! Question, is LOTBS the highest rated Korean drama in the Philippines?  I looked and My dear Heart and Wildflower which were 3rd and 4th, they were Filipino dramas. I think Goblin is the 2nd highest Kdrama there. Am I correct?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 9:58 PM, Kris Silva said:

I also want to share this. The Minoz Phil. Chapter have complained to the network on the schedule of the drama as most people watch primetime Tv instead of daytime shows. And this is a reply from the network rep:

Message from ABS CBN TO ALL MinozPhilippines

We saw your post on twitter. My colleague relayed your concern to the whole team. Pls send this message to the rest of MInoz as our reply: 

"We understand your feelings about the time slot. But being placed in the afternoon doesn't mean that the drama is given lower priority. Both tmeslots are very important to us. And both need to deliver the ratings requirement.The afternoon time slot is important because the show is replacing a local drama. So expectations are very high for Legend. For management to even put it on that time slot, it means that we have utmost confidence in the drama to deliver the same ratings as a local production. That time slot gateways to primetime, and is therefore a key pre programming to the top 3 local dramas of ABS. Why was there a confusion about the venue? It was never discussed that we will provide venue and we suggested options on when to hold it for viewing. 

We thank you for your utmost concern and love for Lee Minho. We feel the.same way that's why the team worked hard the whole year for Legend to be on ABS. We sincerely hope that you would continue to show your love and support to Legend, to Minho and to ABS. Thank you."

On 5/8/2017 at 5:14 PM, JocelleC said:

There is a big difference between primetime and daytime here in the phils.When you say primetime they produce big shows and large viewership can cater. Any artist want to be in primetime because of the popularity outcome.The slot of lotbs is not  good slot people who have work like me and students cant watch it and  same with viewers in provinces cant watch it simultaneously on time of airing, theyve air it early in the morning the next day.The sentiment is why they air it same w goblin when we can wait for one show to finish than giving a crop slot for lotbs.I have nothing against other shows but its obvious they prioritize goblin than lotbs to think that lmh is big here.

According to the two posts above, according to JocelleC, LOTBS was not given prime time but  daytime when workers and students could not watch them, only housewives or retired folks. However Goblin was given prime time slot the same day as LOTBS. As Jocelle said they could have shown LOTBS at a later date but prime time. I wonder why was LOTBS given a non-prime time slot and when Minoz Philippines complained they gave some answer that made no sense to me. Jocelle was correct, many of LMH's fans have to work or go to school. He is so popular in the Phillipines and more well-known in the Philippines so why was LOTBS not given prime time like Goblin. I too have nothing against Goblin but it seems there is discrimination somewhere. Is there politics somehow? If LOTBS did so well during daytime, I think it could have reached over 23% prime time. Did they not want LOTBS to compete with local fare like "my dear heart" perhaps or get higher ratings than Goblin at prime time? Now since they show during the day or early next morning, they deprived many from watching LOTBS on TV or LOTBS getting higher ratings on prime time. Minoz should complain again. Request prime time repeat???

• Like 2

Anyway i dont believe in ratings that abs cbn was releasing,there are 2 ratings company here and i dont know who is telling the truth. But to me whether its true or not i believe lotbs is doing well than goblin. I have more trust on agb ratings than kantar

2 minutes ago, JocelleC said:

Anyway i dont believe in ratings that abs cbn was releasing,there are 2 ratings company here and i dont know who is telling the truth. But to me whether its true or not i believe lotbs is doing well than goblin. I have more trust on agb ratings than kantar

Yes, gtlmh0622 showed the ratings that LOTBS was 17% and Goblin was 13% approx. but my point is if LOTBS was prime time, it would get higher than 17%, maybe 23%.

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

I wanted to but it is region 3 and I am unable to play it in the US. The blu-ray is too expensive.

How well did LOTBS do in Japan ratings wise? Glad it is doing well in Phillipines, I like it that it does better than Goblin and #1 in Taiwan. Yay! Question, is LOTBS the highest rated Korean drama in the Philippines?  I looked and My dear Heart and Wildflower which were 3rd and 4th, they were Filipino dramas. I think Goblin is the 2nd highest Kdrama there. Am I correct?

Another Kdrama Scarlet Heart is aired at the same time as Goblin and got lower rating. Usually they were like following :

005DCUQYgy1ffxyg7r9bhj30pe0pe0x3.jpg

005DCUQYgy1ffxygsyiupj30pe0pedkg.jpg

cr as tagged

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

According to the two posts above, according to JocelleC, LOTBS was not given prime time but  daytime when workers and students could not watch them, only housewives or retired folks. However Goblin was given prime time slot the same day as LOTBS. As Jocelle said they could have shown LOTBS at a later date but prime time. I wonder why was LOTBS given a non-prime time slot and when Minoz Philippines complained they gave some answer that made no sense to me. Jocelle was correct, many of LMH's fans have to work or go to school. He is so popular in the Phillipines and more well-known in the Philippines so why was LOTBS not given prime time like Goblin. I too have nothing against Goblin but it seems there is discrimination somewhere. Is there politics somehow? If LOTBS did so well during daytime, I think it could have reached over 23% prime time. Did they not want LOTBS to compete with local fare like "my dear heart" perhaps or get higher ratings than Goblin at prime time? Now since they show during the day or early next morning, they deprived many from watching LOTBS on TV or LOTBS getting higher ratings on prime time. Minoz should complain again. Request prime time repeat??

According to minoz_peace, her Philippines friend told her that they complained at beginning, but now they laughed at ABS-CBN.
No wonder a news about another actor released by ABS-CBN recently, at the beginning of the news was " In a Lee Min Ho-dominated country like ours, "  B)

• Like 2

On 2017-6-5 at 6:32 AM, CallieP said:

Hi chingu! It's been quite a while! Hehe. Sighs! So sad that you can't get the DVD! I agree with you.. The Blu-ray is too expensive alr. I didn't expect such a high price for the blu ray man. Gah. Even though I would love super HD fory collection of LOTBS, can't afford it so have to give it up. -.-

On 2017-6-5 at 8:55 AM, tanyad2b said:

I haven't got a chance to see this drama yet. But I will watch it just because Lee Min Ho is the actor. Haha. Totally fangirling over him.

Welcome to the thread! You will totally fangirl over him in this drama then! It was because of this drama, I got to know LMH abit better. Hahahas. 

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20170605 iflix FB updated. BTS of LOTBS.

Thanks for sharing chingu! Is it me being unattentive or my memory failing me cos o tot I saw new pic. Hahahs. I must be dreaming andiaaing LOTBS too much. Keke. 

8 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Thanks for sharing chingu! Is it me being unattentive or my memory failing me cos o tot I saw new pic. Hahahs. I must be dreaming andiaaing LOTBS too much. Keke. 

Yes, there are some new pictures.
More BTS pictures :

a85aad37gy1fgb4z3n80vj215o0rswk8.jpg

a85aad37gy1fgb4yz505yj215o0rsag3.jpg

a85aad37gy1fgb4z9y2y3j215o0rs444.jpg

Spoiler

a85aad37gy1fgb4zbvmh3j215o0rs44l.jpg

a85aad37gy1fgb4z5fxzlj215o0rsq8t.jpg

a85aad37gy1fgb4z16fvqj215o0rsdkt.jpg

b01256c8gy1fgb33m7kpjj20u00k0770.jpg

64441a2fgy1fgb6ivx16rj215o0rsdjw.jpg

cr iflix

• Like 5

On 2017-6-6 at 3:37 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, there are some new pictures.
More BTS pictures 

cr iflix

Thank you Chingu for sharing the pictures! I never thought we would be able to see more BTS pictures! Heheh. LMH and JJH seems to have fun filming with each other during that time! Heh.