[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

20170418 Taiwan Liberty Times Net news  : http://ent.ltn.com.tw/news/breakingnews/2039295

Episode 7 of LOTBS on Taiwan Star Chinese Channel broke its own record of highest rating.
LOTBS has aired total 7 episodes in Taiwan. In episode 7, HJJ picked the name SC for the mermaid got the highest rating 2.33 and the average rating 1.88 (25-49 females). 3.3 million people watched LOTBS on SCC.

(Remark : After adding advertisements, 60 minutes can not air the whole episode of K-Drama, so usually 20 episodes of K-Drama will be 30 episodes in Taiwan. The 7th episode here is not equal to the original 7th ep.)
  2039295_1.jpg

2039295_2.jpg

• Like 6

On 4/5/2017 at 3:15 PM, Hunter White said:

@babyval22, I hope you already got Viber on your handphone.:D

I did! Hehe. The stickers are so cute. I have no use for Viber but downloaded it simply for seeing the stickers. hahahahahs!

14 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

LOTBS Director's Cut Blue-ray/DVD Pre-Order Links :

http://m.cafe.daum.net/blueseadvd/fZKK/2

If pre-orders from overseas are over 300 ea, there will be English subtitles. 

I was about to share the link here too! Thanks for always keeping this thread updated with so many news still! So glad that whichever countries that LOTBS is airing in, they seem to be doing great too! Hehe. I hope they will hit the 300 because we definitely it need subbed!!! :astonished:

13 hours ago, lizzyd said:

Thanks for sharing the link too dearie!

-----

Can anyone give me more details regarding pre-order of the Blu-ray/DVD? I have never done this before so am completely new to this also! I went inside the link but the information provided are abit of a mesh here and there so dun feel that safe making any purchase. Anyone else pre-ordering as well? Heh.

I'm looking at the price and the price is $_$

Some more links that I've been reading too..

http://m.cafe.daum.net/blueseadvd/dRD7/3?listURI=%2Fblueseadvd%2FdRD7%3FboardType%3D

• Like 2

The Director's Cut for Legend of the Blue Sea is being made into a DVD and Blu-ray

the production team have been asking the viewers for quite a while about their opinion on what should be included and what'd they want to see, and after gathering enough opinions and realizing that many are willing to buy they've decided to release this DVD/Blu-ray. although it is still in the making they've already opened pre-ordering and these are confirmed to be included in the DVD/Blu-ray so far (according to what's written in the cafe here):

1- the edited version of the full series; they'd add the deleted scenes. 

2- videos for script reading, the CG work, hugging/kissing scenes taken from different angles without music (lol this line is enough to boost sales) and opening. (opening for what I wonder)

3- Making/bts and NG takes.

4- photobook(with unreleased pics), 4 postcards, numbering card (what is this?) and conti book. (what's this again?)

there would be a special bonus (still not sure what it'd be, the more orders they get the better this bonus will be) and they are working to have an interview with director Jinhyuk but still uncertain. (they've stated before that there will NOT be any interviews with Lee Minho or Jun Jihyun). English subtitles are also uncertain t0105.gif but glad to read from gtLmh0622 that they'll add subs if they receive 300 international orders

________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a question regarding its region code because I have never paid attention to it before and didn't know such a thing exists

the region code for the drama DVD is 3 (Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and South Korea) and for the Blu-ray is A (East Asia except China, Southeast Asia, North and South America)

This means that all DVD players sold in those countries are made to their region specifications. As a result, region 3 players can only play region 3 discs.

and here is the real drama, I don't live in region 3 but I want to order the DVD, how can I know if my player would play it? (I usually play DVDs on my laptop)

btw China is not included in the region for the DVD nor the Blu-ray but I haven't seen any complaints from them. in fact some instructions in the cafe are written in Chinese and Japanese(Japan is not in region 3) so they're actually expecting buyers from there? lol I guess the region code is not a problem but I just want to make sure. please tell me it's not a problem as I have 0 knowledge in this field

On 4/21/2017 at 9:54 PM, babyval22 said:

Can anyone give me more details regarding pre-order of the Blu-ray/DVD? I have never done this before so am completely new to this also! I went inside the link but the information provided are abit of a mesh here and there so dun feel that safe making any purchase. Anyone else pre-ordering as well? Heh.

I'm looking at the price and the price is $_$

if you don't live in China or Japan, these links are for you and they ship internationally

through yes24: https://global.yes24.com/Goods/38824052

the price is 130$ but this is without shipping

through innolife: http://shop3.innolifeshop.com/product/dvddr1107-sbslegend-of-the-blue-sea-dvd-directors-cutdpre-order/136283/?cate_no=88&display_group=2

the price is 143$ including shipping

the prices are in US dollars, try yes24 if you proceed to checkout you'll know the total price depending where you live the shipment fee will vary. (for me, I found that the total price through innolife is cheaper than yes24) you can trust both sites and they have paypal if you're extra cautious.

the above is for the DVD, the prices for Blu-ray are much higher and because I'm not interested I didn't look into them 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

The Director's Cut for Legend of the Blue Sea is being made into a DVD and Blu-ray

the production team have been asking the viewers for quite a while about their opinion on what should be included and what'd they want to see, and after gathering enough opinions and realizing that many are willing to buy they've decided to release this DVD/Blu-ray. although it is still in the making they've already opened pre-ordering and these are confirmed to be included in the DVD/Blu-ray so far (according to what's written in the cafe here):

2- videos for script reading, the CG work, hugging/kissing scenes taken from different angles without music (lol this line is enough to boost sales) and opening. (opening for what I wonder)

4- photobook(with unreleased pics), 4 postcards, numbering card (what is this?) and conti book. (what's this again?)

there would be a special bonus (still not sure what it'd be, the more orders they get the better this bonus will be) and they are working to have an interview with director Jinhyuk but still uncertain. (they've stated before that there will NOT be any interviews with Lee Minho or Jun Jihyun). English subtitles are also uncertain t0105.gif but glad to read from gtLmh0622 that they'll add subs if they receive 300 international orders

________________________________________________________________________________________

I have a question regarding its region code because I have never paid attention to it before and didn't know such a thing exists

the region code for the drama DVD is 3 (Southeast Asia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau and South Korea) and for the Blu-ray is A (East Asia except China, Southeast Asia, North and South America)

This means that all DVD players sold in those countries are made to their region specifications. As a result, region 3 players can only play region 3 discs.

and here is the real drama, I don't live in region 3 but I want to order the DVD, how can I know if my player would play it? (I usually play DVDs on my laptop)

btw China is not included in the region for the DVD nor the Blu-ray but I haven't seen any complaints from them. in fact some instructions in the cafe are written in Chinese and Japanese(Japan is not in region 3) so they're actually expecting buyers from there? lol I guess the region code is not a problem but I just want to make sure. please tell me it's not a problem as I have 0 knowledge in this field

if you don't live in China or Japan, these links are for you and they ship internationally

through innolife: http://shop3.innolifeshop.com/product/dvddr1107-sbslegend-of-the-blue-sea-dvd-directors-cutdpre-order/136283/?cate_no=88&display_group=2

the prices are in US dollars, try yes24 if you proceed to checkout you'll know the total price depending where you live the shipment fee will vary. (for me, I found that the total price through innolife is cheaper than yes24) you can trust both sites and they have paypal if you're extra cautious.

the above is for the DVD, the prices for Blu-ray are much higher and because I'm not interested I didn't look into them 

The area code of Middle-East is 2.
I didn't find any area code on my DVD player or on the manual.
But it seems that the restriction is indeed existed for those DVDs having to protect their rights. 

I will ask Chinese Minoz (China) if they have problems to play Korean DVD. 
The answer is → there are DVD players can play all DVDs without restriction (manually modified by the vendors).

• Like 5

@gtLmh0622 thank you chingu! I inspected my player and couldn't find any area code either xD I guess ours are region-free then

if the DVD player is region-free(or region 0) it can play DVDs of any region without problems so I think it's safe to place an order 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Latifah_ said:

Thank you Chingu for the details! So all we need to do is pre-order the DVD through the link accordingly? I live in Singapore so prolly will get it through innolife shop. Oh man, I really hope there's eng subtitles though! It will be damn sad if there isn't! 

Feels so weird that the pre-order is done through this way. Is this normal for drama DVD production in Korea? 

As for the DVD code, yes, DVD has region code as far as I know but if your DVD Player is able to play multi code, it shouldn't be a prob! 

But I've experienced before playing DVD on the computer. My disc was unable to play before due to the region code prob before. Not to say unable to play but in the media player the settings, have to choose accordingly. But that was years ago, so I'm not too sure if the problem is still around now. 

• Like 6

DVD of LOTBS on YESASIA :

Blue-ray (Director's Cut) ( No Subtitle ) :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-blu-ray-directors-cut-sbs-tv-drama-korea/1059535941-0-0-0-en/info.html

DVD (Director's Cut) ( No Subtitle ) :
http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-dvd-directors-cut-sbs-tv-drama-korea-version/1059535970-0-0-0-en/info.html

DVD (1-21 episodes) (English Subtitled) (Singapore version) ( All Region ) :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-2016-dvd-ep-1-21-end-english-subtitled/1059558013-0-0-0-en/info.html

My thought of Director's Cut here is only 1&2 episodes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

DVD of LOTBS on YESASIA :

Blue-ray (Director's Cut) ( No Subtitle ) :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-blu-ray-directors-cut-sbs-tv-drama-korea/1059535941-0-0-0-en/info.html

DVD (Director's Cut) ( No Subtitle ) :
http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-dvd-directors-cut-sbs-tv-drama-korea-version/1059535970-0-0-0-en/info.html

DVD (1-21 episodes) (English Subtitled) (Singapore version) ( All Region ) :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-2016-dvd-ep-1-21-end-english-subtitled/1059558013-0-0-0-en/info.html

My thought of Director's Cut here is only 1&2 episodes.

Thanks for sharing dearie! I have a question though.. The yesasia version and the pre-order with all the bts version from the daum cafe is different right? 

Also.. Does anyone know how the refund of the money paid for the pre-order of the daum cafe version would be done should the production of the DVD or blu ray gets cancelled due to low demand? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, babyval22 said:

Thanks for sharing dearie! I have a question though.. The yesasia version and the pre-order with all the bts version from the daum cafe is different right? 

Also.. Does anyone know how the refund of the money paid for the pre-order of the daum cafe version would be done should the production of the DVD or blu ray gets cancelled due to low demand? 

1. Yes. should be the different version.

2. It seems like the daum cafe version will definitely be produced.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2017 at 10:07 PM, gtLmh0622 said:

1. Yes. should be the different version.

2. It seems like the daum cafe version will definitely be produced.

Thanks for your help dearie! Cos I saw them mentioned an exclusion clause in the details that mentioned along the lines of demand low then the production will be cancelled so I got abit concerned with that. Hahahs. Are u guys collating any orders anywhere apart from the official channel to buy? Hehe. Over at LMH thread or sth? Hahahs. 

• Like 1

I also want to share this. The Minoz Phil. Chapter have complained to the network on the schedule of the drama as most people watch primetime Tv instead of daytime shows. And this is a reply from the network rep:

Message from ABS CBN TO ALL MinozPhilippines

We saw your post on twitter. My colleague relayed your concern to the whole team. Pls send this message to the rest of MInoz as our reply: 

"We understand your feelings about the time slot. But being placed in the afternoon doesn't mean that the drama is given lower priority. Both tmeslots are very important to us. And both need to deliver the ratings requirement.The afternoon time slot is important because the show is replacing a local drama. So expectations are very high for Legend. For management to even put it on that time slot, it means that we have utmost confidence in the drama to deliver the same ratings as a local production. That time slot gateways to primetime, and is therefore a key pre programming to the top 3 local dramas of ABS. Why was there a confusion about the venue? It was never discussed that we will provide venue and we suggested options on when to hold it for viewing. 

We thank you for your utmost concern and love for Lee Minho. We feel the.same way that's why the team worked hard the whole year for Legend to be on ABS. We sincerely hope that you would continue to show your love and support to Legend, to Minho and to ABS. Thank you."

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

There is a big difference between primetime and daytime here in the phils.When you say primetime they produce big shows and large viewership can cater. Any artist want to be in primetime because of the popularity outcome.The slot of lotbs is not  good slot people who have work like me and students cant watch it and  same with viewers in provinces cant watch it simultaneously on time of airing, theyve air it early in the morning the next day.The sentiment is why they air it same w goblin when we can wait for one show to finish than giving a crop slot for lotbs.I have nothing against other shows but its obvious they prioritize goblin than lotbs to think that lmh is big here.

• Like 3