[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

20171213 Kazakhstan news :
http://vb.kg/world/chto-iskali-kazahstantsy-v-internete-v-2017-godu.html

Partial translation by Google :

What the people of Kazakhstan searched for on the Internet in 2017

The leader in the category "TV series of the year" was the new season of "Game of Thrones". The ten also included the continuation of the comedy series "Olga", "Fizruk", "Hotel Eleon", "Univer", "Police officer with Rublevki." In addition, in the top - the domestic series "Patrol", the Korean fantasy series "Legends of the blue sea" and the fourth season of "Sherlock".

Russian's Doramatv.ru :
http://doramatv.ru/list/country/south_korea?sortType=rate

Legend of the Blue Sea is the most viewed K-Drama.

005DCUQYgy1fn1c1a56mpj30z90qo4be.jpg

cr as tagged

Legend of the Blue Sea won the poll of 2017 The Best KDrama :

http://namesns.com/m/entertainer/star_room.html?star_num=178

005Uf2zYgy1fn1ip8igjfj307s07s77y.jpg

2017 Google trends in Thailand :

005DCUQYgy1fn39b8gbhnj30qo11ztce.jpg

cr Logo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

20180315 news :  http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001023591&lfrom=twitter

Translated by Naver :

0001023591_001_20180315122133763.jpg?typ

The " Legend of the Blue Sea " starring Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun will be broadcast in Japan.

Lee Min-ho's last drama before his military service in 2017, titled ' Legend of the Blue Sea, ' will air on March 22 through the Japanese terrestrial Tokyo-TV, following a passionate request from local fans.

" Legend of the Blue Sea " is a work that has drawn attention across Asia since the production stage due to the encounter between top hallyu stars Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho. The drama received great attention not only in Japan but also in China and other Chinese countries.

In the drama ' Legend of Blue Sea ', which is directed by Park Ji-eun, the first ambitious mermaid in Korea, Lee played the role of Huh Joon-jae, a genius con artist, and Jeon Hyun-hyung, a mysterious mermaid.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After re-aired on several different channels, LOTBS is re-aired on Star Chinese Channel (cable TV) and still got high rating in Taiwan.

ps. Don't surprise that daily TOP 1 only got 5.49, there are hundreds of TV channels in Taiwan.   :wink: LOTBS is the only one K-Drama or foreign drama on the list. In TOP 10, 4th, 5th, 7th~9th are evening news.

005DCUQYgy1frf6mr5ju6j30qo13gte2.jpg&key

cr. 李敏镐铁杆后援会

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched My Love From Another Star and Legend of the Blue Sea back to back and while I did see some parallels I enjoyed this drama overall and I would recommend it to others. Though I did have some issues with it. Like how Heo Joon-jae seemed to lose his magic-lighter powers to entrance people, ditto with his Sherlock Holmes level of observation… that just poofed away after a few episodes. Shim Cheong suddenly not having any kind of joy or whimsy halfway through the series. Sure, in a way they explain that as mermaids hearts harden when they are on land… but not if their loved in returned. What’s up with that? Did the writers forget their own mythology?

I did get some good laughs out of it: The dog going to english school, the bold dumpster diving fashion looks, Quickly grabbing the cash and drinking ALL the water to not be harassed in cliche drama-style, mugging a grade schooler, whacking herself in the head with a hardboiled egg because everything she learned was from television! Haha!

And I did like how Jo Nam-doo was kind of ambiguous after finding out the mermaid secret and playing double agent, that was a fun twist.

I just wish they could have kept the tone they established in Spain throughout the show while layering in the family drama and mermaid moments. It could have been one of the best, but it got a little too muddled and messy.

I did get some good laughs out of it: The dog going to english school, the bold dumpster diving fashion looks, Quickly grabbing the cash and drinking ALL the water to not be harassed in cliche drama-style, mugging a grade schooler, whacking herself in the head with a hardboiled egg because everything she learned was from television! Haha!

• 1 month later...

Legend of the blue sea was TOP 1 of overall ranking in Japan dTV.

o0974218414287126396.png?caw=800

cr  Logo

Someone posted this news on DC, remember that anything related LMH will be hot on DC ? Yes, this post was super hot.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=drama_new2&no=5299382&page=227

005Uf2zYgy1fwf2kxaq02j30ns0llaju.jpg

And many comments of this post were very positive. According to Chinese translation by 何夕 of partial comments, I translated to English.

Spoiler

005Uf2zYgy1fwf2kyxc6nj30ev0mfn45.jpg&key

** Recently, LOTBS got the best overseas performance, but no related reports, so people only know that Goblxx or other dramas are very hot overseas. I don't mean it need to hype, but even no basic promotion ?

** Is there any place where Lee Min Ho is not popular ? It’s just amazing, causing a syndrome in our country and becoming a representative of Hallyu. When writer Park Ji-eun has a slight miss, no other actors like Lee Min Ho to grasp the character’s soul and make it shine.

** Now I know why the industry said that Lee Min Ho is a brand himself, and why the director of "Believer" said that he didn't think of anyone but LMH as a super star.

** Lee Min Ho’s dramas, can increase the rating in our country, the advertisements can be sold out, and are very popular in overseas, so people will early line up to find him to do his next work ?

**I like Heo Joon Jae and Kim Dam Ryung. When Heo Joon Jae deceived in various identities, it's very interesting. It is true that his  acting to the details can make the character become alive and he can grasp the key points, haha William Choi, haha.

** LOTBS seems to be a big hit overseas, but is it really not reported at all ?

** At the time of the broadcast, there was not any news about Hallyu. Can it be released now? It’s really a weird production company. Anyway, it’s amazing.

** Lee Min Ho’s Hallyu power is still as it used to be. If he come out after his social service, must lead the Hallyu again?! But he is very low profile, so I like him.

** Hurry up the news of the next work.

** Lee Min Ho was also very low profile during his events before, no hype.
Comment Reply 1 : He need not to hype. He is not an actor in the cognitive period, but is already a superstar.
Comment reply 2 : Of course, there is no need to hype. In fact, he does not hype.

** LOTBS is completely based on the power of the actors to get such a high rating, and really also thank to actors in overseas.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Have you tried Viki Learn yet? It's a language learning site from Viki that helps you learn Korean from K-Dramas and it has The Legend of the Blue Sea on it!

It has quizzes and vocab lists on top of the clickable dual-subs that Viki has with Learn Mode. https://welcome.learn.viki.com

Have you used it and what do you think of it?

• Like 2