[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

For crying out loud! Show, why did you leave us with this kind of scene at the 2nd ep of the week! We have to go through another week with that scene in mind. So wrong. :bawling::bawling:

I'm really worried about what ND will do to SC now that they are left alone. As the saying goes, "keep your friends close and enemies closer." I think HJJ is literally doing that. I'm not really surprised that ND is a villain. He was too good to be true during the first few episdes and the glances that he makes here and there is highly suspicious.

CH, however, is a different story. He can't seem to fit that really bad guy persona. He seems like that but there is something off about it. Maybe because of what the others pointed out in the past posts - that he lacks the love he's been yearning for and doesn't know how to show it. It seems to me that he's an actual victim. A victim of his mother's own doing.

• Like 9

LEE MIN HO! YOU RIPPED MY HEART OUT!

What can I say? This is by far, his best emotional break down performance!

Praises to LMH for nailing the feelings of losing someone dear to you, regret, and agony in one heart wrenching performance. LMH has shown the many sides to him through HJJ and KDR, and I can't be prouder. Today, again, he outdid himself. 

26 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

OMG the article about lotbs tonight got 746 comments only in 13 minutes

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002884001&gid=999339&cid=1053827

Awesome! Today's episode received immense amount of attention! It's barely been 40 minutes since the show ended and the articles already has over 1,000 comments. Now that's a record for this show.

Can we please have this translate over to the ratings?

For all the amazing acting from everyone in this show, they deserve it!

• Like 16

Oh dear. Haven't watched it yet just read the comments now. 

I was quite harsh on the father with my last post and now this happened.:sweatingbullets: Now I feel bad.

Didn't expect him to die not this soon at least. Really sad father and son (even mother) never got to truly reconcile and be a happy family :(

Now I understand why there was a lot of focus on the father's will. What will happen now that he was tricked into signing a different will?

Poor HJJ so sad he lost his father and will never know that he tried in his own way to love him and amend his sins :( at least he died knowing his son was trying to protect him. But a little too late.

Let's hope we get some lovey moments from SC (and also his mother) next week to help our JJ over this heartbreak    

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Don't forget that there is the ahjussi in the coma who is recalling his past life. He will know where he hid the document that the past CH and JND were looking for!! He will wake up at some point and help HJJ. 

HJJ has now the police officer on his side!!

Yes, I believe that TH will be there to help SC. On the other hand, SC is not like the former SW. She is not relying on her boyfriend. She acts on her own as well and she is really quick in thinking. Her confrontation with MDY was really telling.

Yes, we still have hope on ahjussi. I think Dad already gave him the document to him. The most trustful person on his side.

And about police officer, I wonder if his head officer also under KangSoHee control? He looks like someone who took bribe and covered for KangSoHee.

Should take note on SimChung braveness and power. I still hope that she will be OK. And NamDoo won't be a bad guy. Jeball....

• Like 10

Just now, kdcgtj said:

For crying out loud! Show, why did you leave us with this kind of scene at the 2nd ep of the week! We have to go through another week with that scene in mind. So wrong. :bawling::bawling:

I'm really worried about what ND will do to SC now that they are left alone. As the saying goes, "keep your friends close and enemies closer." I think HJJ is literally doing that. I'm not really surprised that ND is a villain. He was too good to be true during the first few episdes and the glances that he makes here and there is highly suspicious.

CH, however, is a different story. He can't seem to fit that really bad guy persona. He seems like that but there is something off about it. Maybe because of what the others pointed out in the past posts - that he lacks the love he's been yearning for and doesn't know how to show it. It seems to me that he's an actual victim. A victim of his mother's own doing.

Yes and no. He is a victim of his mother, but he chose to help her. He knew that Mr Heo was poisoned and he didn't stop his mother at all. He never took the medicine away. From that moment, he was no longer a victim, but an accomplice. He does not deserve any pity. He knows that he would benefit from it and even lied to HJJ about the inheritance. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Visually-wandering said:

Yes, we still have hope on ahjussi. I think Dad already gave him the document to him. The most trustful person on his side.

And about police officer, I wonder if his head officer also under KangSoHee control? He looks like someone who took bribe and covered for KangSoHee.

Should take note on SimChung braveness and power. I still hope that she will be OK. And NamDoo won't be a bad guy. Jeball....

Yes, that's a good idea. He trusted the manager/secretary the most. However, since he is in a coma, people don't know that there might be a second will. Then I have just remembered that he wrote the falsified will after the accident so that the time could be important. I wished to know what his father told him. I only understood that he regretted it somehow. It would be interesting if he spoke about his inheritance. I guess, HJJ could contest the will because of the suspicious circumstances of MR Heo's death. Then KSH has an alibi and she can blame MDY for that!!

• Like 10

My translation for ep 17 (not 100% accurate)

HJJ and his dad

HJJ: I ask you for the last time. No, I beg you to hear me. Please believe in me. Believe in me for this once and get out from here with me
President Heo: I won’t go

SC inner monologue when she arrived at home

SC: ‘Heo Joonjae, I really like to live in here. It’s the first house that I have ever had. *flashback* It’s a place where I can go back to when outside is too cold, a place where I can talk, laugh, eat and joke with you, a place where I can see you whenever I want, a place where I can love you with all my heart. But if I keep staying here, I don’t think I can be by your side any longer.’

HJJ came inside his room and heard the blasting music that SC played

HJJ: Upstairs! Hey! What are you doing? Are you sick? Let me see. Why are you so cold?
SC: Go away
HJJ: What?
SC: I told you to go! It would be nice if you can’t hear my thoughts. I have something that I need to think about. Because I don’t know whether you can hear it or not, I can’t think of anything. I can sort my thoughts
HJJ: What kind of thought? What is it?
SC: Don’t ask about it. Did you think you can receive my permission (to hear it)? I can’t even hear and know about whatever you think. Do you know how unfair it is that you can hear my thoughts but I can’t hear yours? Please move away from me. Or should I be the one who go out?
HJJ: No. I’ll stay far from you. Think whatever you want to think. You can do it but *hugged her* are you really okay? Your heart is beating fine
SC: Get out
HJJ: Oh, okay. I’m on my out. Should I stay out of the room or the house? I think it’s too cold if I left the house. I’ll get out of the room and sleep on the sofa. I can’t hear you from there. I really can’t hear it. If I can hear it, I’ll tell you honestly. Okay? I’ll tell you that I can hear you and to think more quietly
SC: Okay so please go out

I think KJY has been brain washing Ma Dae Young since they were a child. Both attended the same orphanage and she approached and befriended him.

KJY and MDY scene inside her car

KJY: Tell me all what you remember
MDY: Kang Ji Yeon, an orphanage, and people that I have never known who were murdered. But I can’t understand why I remembered about those memories
KJY: Look here, listen carefully to my words. I don’t know why suddenly your memories were becoming like that but even though you have lost your memories Ma Dae Young is Ma Dae Young
MDY: Ma Dae Young? What kind of person he is?
KJY: Someone who certainly will get a revenge
MDY: Revenge?
KJY: Do you really can’t remember anything?
MDY: No
KJY: The world (People) has thrown you out and they are all happy. Have you ever felt happy since you are born? You live your life with a feeling that you were being punished. That’s why you want revenge to the world who has thrown you away. That’s why you took those actions
MDY: So are you saying that I was the one who killed those people? But I can’t remember it
KJY: You always said that you can’t remember it. You have a problem with your memory (?) That’s why you can’t remember it. Don’t worry. After all, you have me. I’ll tell you whom you should get a revenge with. Okay?  

• Like 14

@bebebisous33 - just for talks and out of curiosity. :) Would things be different had CH received real love from his mother and the people surrounding him? I get where you're coming from but I said that he's a victim because I felt that lack of love itself was a catalyst in messing up CH's reasoning and morals. Also, he covered up and effectively became an accomplice because of that false perception of love for his mother.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, nika94 said:

In the "TALK" section of Naver entertain, many Knetizens are already talking about The ending of LBS!! They ask for "Happy Ending" :D  They also want "No open ending" from the writer. 

PS  I also want a real happy ending!! The open endings are Worse than tragic ending! :tears:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/3607594/talk

Siiiigh ... yes, I REALLY hope Writer Nim will NOT give us an open ending ... I still have this niggling feeling SC has to go back to the sea ... or maybe JJH was filming scenes as SH (golden tailed mermaid) Joseon flashbacks!! 

Ok, LOTS of tears ... sigh ... but now I so need SC to KICK richard simmons and erase ND's memories COMPLETELY! Sigh ... I am SO worried ... maybe ND will deal with her by getting to her legs ... maybe ND is working in cahoots with CH to kidnap SC & blackmail HJJ ...

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, kdcgtj said:

@bebebisous33 - just for talks and out of curiosity. :) Would things be different had CH received real love from his mother and the people surrounding him? I get where you're coming from but I said that he's a victim because I felt that lack of love itself was a catalyst in messing up CH's reasoning and morals. Also, he covered up and effectively became an accomplice because of that false perception of love for his mother.

Well, in my opinion he was loved by Mr Heo but he never felt that he was loved. So he spent more than 10 years in this house. Just because he had a scary mother, doesn't mean that he was never loved. He only felt that way. By the way, why did he need to exclude HJJ? Because he always saw HJJ as a thread... he wanted an exclusive love from Mr. Heo! His last words were really telling. No, I can't put all the blame on the mother. CH is a grown-up and he has a free will. Just because he was raised under strange circumstances doesn't excuse his poorly made decisions. Some people who went through hardships don't turn into murderer... his mother never asked him to kill the assistant. This is misplaced empathy. We can explain his behaviour, but we can't excuse it!! 

• Like 10

47 minutes ago, kiaandre said:

Who feels like they really can't wait for next week!?

MOST DEFINITELY ME!!! 

38 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

:bawling: I feel you guys!

Group hug anyone? I need it!

I need it too! I think my parents called me a loonatic with all the screaming that I did while watching the episode earlier. Sighs. 

30 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

LEE MIN HO! YOU RIPPED MY HEART OUT!

What can I say? This is by far, his best emotional break down performance!

Praises to LMH for nailing the feelings of losing someone dear to you, regret, and agony in one heart wrenching performance. LMH has shown the many sides to him through HJJ and KDR, and I can't be prouder. Today, again, he outdid himself. 

Awesome! Today's episode received immense amount of attention! It's barely been 40 minutes since the show ended and the articles already has over 1,000 comments. Now that's a record for this show.

Can we please have this translate over to the ratings?

For all the amazing acting from everyone in this show, they deserve it!

Their acting were all top notch today! From the scene where HJJ and SC were having their serious talk, to Dad acting while leaving his msg for JJ, JJ heart breaking scene. They all left me on the verge of tears. I know I would be a mess Tmr when the subtitles come out. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kdcgtj said:

1) You can say that again! What a way to make us suffer!!!

2) They do say keep your friends close but your enemies closer. In this case, I actually think it is ND who is keeping his enemy closer. HJJ is completely oblivious to his friend's behavior and true nature. As far as he knows, ND is a great person that he met in life, as he said so to his mother in the previous episode.

Like you, I think he is a much more capable villain than CH. CH actually rushed home to their father. Everyone questioning why he did not save the dad? I believe it was too late because the dad drank poison. Without further revelation of the scene, I assume that when CH arrived, his father already passed. I am not sure what further actions he will take from here, as that will determine whether he can redeem himself, though I don't know if there's any redemption after he sat by and allowed his mother to kill the dad.

My biggest suspicion of ND being the main villain resulted from the revelation of his past counterpart. He was the one who found ahjussi in the past and we can assume for now that he was the one who also killed him. In the future, it is however, a little different. ND is the biggest threat to our mermaid while the biggest threat to HJJ is actually the stepmother. I'm afraid that the story will take a path where HJJ completely eliminates MDY, KJY, and CH from the picture only to turn around and see his friend stab him (take this literally or figuratively, either way works). From the look of it, I believe we are traveling down that route. HJJ is inching closer to MDY and KJY and it's only a matter of time before they are put behind bars or suffer the consequences in other ways. On the contrary, HJJ and SC has no idea that they are housing a snake. I do wonder if ND will do anything to our mermaid because the ending of this episode left us hanging on that part. If he reveals himself, then great! That makes it easier for our heroes to define who's on their side and who's not. If, however, he chooses to stay invisible, that's where things can go wrong.

• Like 11