[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

1 hour ago, alleram95 said:

I can't open the link from naver, it was blocked for my country so I translate the preview based on the ig post that was posted

my translation for preview ep 16 (not 100% accurate)

SC: Someone's need a kiss/peck when he/she is celebrating his/her birthday. Are you going to give me a birthday kiss? I'm all ready
CSA: I have known that the helping ahjumma in our house is Joon Jae's mother
ND: DId you know someone named Kang Ji Yeon?
YMR: Kang Ji Yeon?
Police: But why? Why would she kill (?)?
HJJ: But first we need more investigation (?)
HJJ: Where is Father?
CH: Can't I just be your only son?
HJJ: I found a clue. It's my father's house. I'll go there. I'm going to find evidence there and it will be better if we can reveal it one day earlier (?)

Thank you so much for the translation! :) do u know the title of the song on the preview?

• Like 7

1.) I will never get tired of SC's boldness. I wonder how HJJ can ever resist her, she's way too cute. HJJ, ma boy, I give you permission to kiss SC passionatlely. In fact, I demand it! 

2.) Do I smell Tae Oh's love beginning to develop for CSA? 

3.) Yes, yes, yes! HJJ has caught on to MDY, KJY, and CH's trail. 

4.) Is that City Hunter making a cameo? Lol. Jokes aside, HJJ, I fear for your life. Who's room have you enter and what do you see?

5.) Even if HJJ is able to provide evidence to catch KJY, 1) there's no way she and MDY will cooperate with the police and willingly go to jail  and 2) there's no proof against CH so he is safe.

6.) Beautiful OST, I will be waiting for your release. 

@Hunter White @demarchelier Don't even get me started. I have been feeling extremely depressed because I know the end is near. It's horrible what this drama has done to me. I feel as though my life would be nothing without it. The drama hasn't even ended and I am already experiencing some of the worst withdrawal symptoms I've ever for any korean dramas. I can only imagine what it will be like in 3 weeks when I have to say goodbye; it won't be pretty and there will be lots of yellow-tinted pearls. :tears:

It'll be hard to let go of them. Count me in, I'm going to continue supporting the cast of LOTBS even after its closing. I'm not just talking JJH and LMH, I've grown fondness of the actress that plays CSA, Tae Oh and so on. I'd be happy to see their acting career grow as well.

What has this drama done to me? 

i've gone mad over it. 

:bawling:

• Like 17

59 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

Thank you so much for the translation! :) do u know the title of the song on the preview?

I think it is unreleased OST.. Kim Se Jeong - The Only One (?) I'm sure there's an article somewhere about it.. If I'm not wrong, the longer version of the OST was used in preview ep 15 (?)

CMIIW

Tae Oh is falling in love with Si Ah? Hmm I don't think so... I think he is still crushing on Sim Chung.. maybe Si Ah starts to fall in love with him? If Heo Joon Jae isn't so charming and handsome, I'll fangirling Tae Oh.. He's cute when he smiles :wub:

• Like 12

Yes!!  Step-mom is on her way down!  Thanks to JJ's mom.

I, too, really want to know why Mo Yoo-ran left, and what happened at Hercules Tower.  I think it has to do with the Blue Sea.  Mom is not stupid.

Also, mom, dad, and Joon-jae are always shown as a happy family.  Something very strange must have happened for that to change so suddenly.

tumblr_ojiiqytb6Q1w2zf0ho1_540.png

She called herself the right name!

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

1.) I will never get tired of SC's boldness. I wonder how HJJ can ever resist her, she's way too cute. HJJ, ma boy, I give you permission to kiss SC passionatlely. In fact, I demand it! 

ME TOO!

56 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

4.) Is that City Hunter making a cameo? Lol. Jokes aside, HJJ, I fear for your life. Who's room have you enter and what do you see?

I wonder why we thought the same? I remember MinHo vlive video, he said HJJ character just like the combination of all the characters he had. That's why when he wore that black outfit my mind goes to City Hunter. When he wear hanbok, I remember Faith. When he wear those furry sweater, I remember the Heirs. When he has slightly curly hair back in spain I remember BOF....

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

I wonder why we thought the same? I remember MinHo vlive video, he said HJJ character just like the combination of all the characters he had. That's why when he wore that black outfit my mind goes to City Hunter. When he wear hanbok, I remember Faith. When he wear those furry sweater, I remember the Heirs. When he has slightly curly hair back in spain I remember BOF....

Hahahahaha, everything you said is on point! That's exactly how I felt while watching this drama too! 

39 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Yes!!  Step-mom is on her way down!  Thanks to JJ's mom.

I, too, really want to know why Mo Yoo-ran left, and what happened at Hercules Tower.  I think it has to do with the Blue Sea.  Mom is not stupid.

Also, mom, dad, and Joon-jae are always shown as a happy family.  Something very strange must have happened for that to change so suddenly.

tumblr_ojiiqytb6Q1w2zf0ho1_540.png

She called herself the right name! 

You bring up a great point! Indeed, they were always a happy and loving family so what went wrong? Why did HJJ's mother get kicked out? 

Writer-nim, we have faith you will answer our questions. 

Hahahaha, yup, she definitely called herself that. 

• Like 14

SC, why so cute? I can't believe JJH is over 30yo with a kid. The way she portrays SC's innocence and cuteness is :heart: Never feel overacting and forced. Aegyo is tricky to pull off, many experienced actresses failed due to lack of charisma. But our JJH has tons of charm. 

Only 3 more weeks  :bawling: What would I do after it ends?

• Like 20

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

@Hunter White @demarchelier Don't even get me started. I have been feeling extremely depressed because I know the end is near. It's horrible what this drama has done to me. I feel as though my life would be nothing without it. The drama hasn't even ended and I am already experiencing some of the worst withdrawal symptoms I've ever for any korean dramas. I can only imagine what it will be like in 3 weeks when I have to say goodbye; it won't be pretty and there will be lots of yellow-tinted pearls. :tears:

It'll be hard to let go of them. Count me in, I'm going to continue supporting the cast of LOTBS even after its closing. I'm not just talking JJH and LMH, I've grown fondness of the actress that plays CSA, Tae Oh and so on. I'd be happy to see their acting career grow as well.

What has this drama done to me? 

i've gone mad over it. 

:bawling:

Hehe. SC always manages to surprise me with her thoughts. Hahahs! HJJ! I'm also demanding that you give her a long and passionate one! It's your ladylove birthday! Hahahahs. 

Withdrawals symptoms are kicking in for me too. How can it be so fast? Down to the last 5 ep alr. Pls writernim, make these last 5 ep the most fantastic run of the whole show! 

1 hour ago, Visually-wandering said:

ME TOO!

Hahahs. It's not combination of his characters. It's more like his best character yet cos everything comes together like like fluid! 

What has LOTBS done to me?!?! 

:fearful:

• Like 10

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Has it started already? This thread will probably flood with tears by the end of the drama. How thankful I am that this is a 20 episodes drama and not a 16. We have 5 episodes to get ourselves together and prepare to say goodbye. Let's finish off strongly and proudly. 

@lionking2017 welcome to the thread :) I agree, his eyes sparkle. He's so charming.

@babyval22 I certainly agree with you. HJJ + KDR are definitely two of my favorite characters played by LMH. 

For me as well, SC is one of my favorite JJH characters. She's extremely cute and oozes charm without even trying. 

I believe SBS is toying with us about "romantic, hot, and dirty" love. I don't care for dirty love, just give me a hot kiss! Hahaha. I will feel robbed of we do not get a kiss next episode. HJJ should at least kiss her for her birthday. How can he resist? He almost couldn't last episode when she said she'd erase his memories and pinned him to the wall. I can't be the only one who noticed he was tempted lol. Just kiss her, I say! 

On January 8, 2017 at 9:28 AM, CarolynH said:

Hello Lobsters!

@1ouise:  Thank for the additional category.  I have 15 so far.

I agree @gentlelily12:  LMH is the total package.  He's just not a pretty face; there are lots of little things (for me it's that cute shyness that creeps in his interviews) that keep us glued to him.

I still have not read all the posts from ep 14 and 15, so I hope my questions have not already been answered.  

1.  Why did the Dr lie when asked if MDY visited him recently?

2.  did HJJ's mother leave him at the Tower of Hercules or when she left the family home?

3.  Am I the only one not able to forgive HJJ's mother?  I can accept that HJJ lived with the father if she believed that the father can give him the best education, secure home yada yada...  But, for the mother not to continually try to contact him or try to find out how HJJ was coping?  Sure, she placed a couple of calls to the the Dept Head Nam's wife, but why didn't she call DH Nam directly and try to arrange a mtg?  I said earlier that the aquarium is where he went on his birthday hoping to see her, why couldn't she go?  According to DH Nam's wife, the mother stopped calling once she heard HJJ supposedly went abroad to study.  Why?  Wouldn't she still want to know how her son is doing?  

4.  Not a question, but I did find it funny when the fashionista came to HJJ"s house for SC's B-day party, Nam Do put something under her so her rear would not touch the couch.  lol

There's so much to love about LMH. For me, it's the way he giggles like a child, the way he treats his fans and staffs, the way he's humble, the way he's so clumsy and always trips, the way he loves his parents... I'd go on but I might never be able to stop so I'm stopping here. 

To answer your questions:

1.) We know little background about the relationship between MDY and the Doctor. Judging from the recent episode, I took away that he may pity MDY and that is why he is not cooperating with the detective. Of course, that's a very unreasonable justification to let loose a murderer, but it may play a factor. The writer can go many ways about it. Their relationship may have began when MDY first seeked treatment from the doctor. Perhaps he sympathized MDY as he came to learn of his life story. Or maybe the root of it started when they were much younger. How old is the doctor to MDY? I am assuming 8-10 years older. If so, he probably volunteered at the orphanage when MDY was still living there. Perhaps he saw MDY as his own child? 

The wait has definitely made me start writing my own script lol. Whichever way she chooses to go about it, I wouldn't mind as long as she gives me closure. 

2.) The way I concluded it, HJJ's mother was kicked out but asked to be with her son one last time. They traveled to Spain and visited the tower of Hercules. She chose that place out of all places to send him a message. After that, she leaves him for home. He was taken care by some men that was sent along by his father, as we saw in the earlier episodes. His mother arrives home, packs, and leaves before HJJ was taken back. 

3.) I need closure on that as well. Exactly, what went down that tore their family apart? And why did she not seek HJJ for many years? 

4.) Hahaha, I also laughed at how homeless fashionista complained about the food being served. Does she even have room? Lol. Hahaha. She cracks me up. 

• Like 12