[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@stroppyse Thanks so much for taking your valuable time to translate. I am happy to hear JJH getting praised for her hard work. She deserves it! I love seeing them getting praised left to right. It's that extra little encouragement that goes to show their effort has paid off. I'm sure they can feel the love, because really, they've created another wave all across the world. 

11 minutes ago, Alice Mendoza said:

@mythicalove @Hunter White - Have both my dearest Chingus watched the finale with subtitles? Prepare your hearts and tissues - I cried when HJJ recollected how he spent the past 3 years when SC was away ...

The lines are indeed very beautiful, @nika94, I totally agree with you! Park Ji Eun is indeed a WONDERFUL writer - This KDrama should be re-written as a novel with more in-depth character descriptions plus a WHOLE chapter (or more of epilogue and prologue and flashbacks to the Joseon era!!) Then they need to get it translated into English!!! (I don't think I can learn Korean fast enough - haha!)

Oh Dear, I'm in tears again, as I write this ... sheesh ... am still MICHIN about this story ...

:bawling: chingu, I cannot bring myself to watch it with subtitles. I want to hold onto it a little longer. This drama has just walked into my life briefly but it's forever engraved in my heart, and I want to extend that moment for as long as I can. Believe me, I will cry buckets of pearls when I watch it subbed. I read some translations kindly provided by stroppyse, and that alone, moved me to tears. You can only imagine what it'll be like when I watch it for myself. Let's just say I'll be rich from all the crying if I were a mermaid. 

@gentlelily12 you're not alone. I'm still all over that kiss lol. It's definitely a natural reaction from an experienced kisser, someone who's really into the kiss. 

• Like 11

Another Article.. :)) @mythicalove@leeminhosny@Chellsee@gtLmh0622@CarolynH@Alice Mendoza@Visually-wandering@Kris Silva@1ouise@Hunter White@CallieP

Google Translate:

Blue Sea "Lee Minho" 5 months of living in Junjae, happy and bucked "

Actor Lee Min-ho left the "Legend of the Blue Sea":bawling:

SBS 'The Legend of Blue Sea' (Directed by Jinhyuk, Playing Park Ji Eun) The legend of 'Blue Sea', which has been the subject of the best anticipation from the airing just because of the comeback work of Lee Min Ho who returns to the house theater in three years, has strengthened the first place from the first broadcasting, I showed off.

Lee Min Ho, a genius cheater, has been attracted to viewers by his colorful transformation and deep acting ability. I shot the peak of Lee Min Ho 'Melo Roco' by delicately and intensely drawing the flow of the wide sense of emotions that crossed the past life and the present life, and changed the character differently and caught the attention with the digestive power and the inside of the upgraded character. The 'Legend of the Blue Sea', which had not been in vain for three years, proved Lee Minho's growth and possibilities, which led to favorable reviews.

The reaction to Lee Min Ho was hot in Korea as well as overseas. He is still showing an overwhelming stature such as 'HanCinema', 'Soompi Awards', 'iFlicks' and so on. In the drama, Lee Min-ho's every move, the SNS took over the popularity of China, including Asia, Europe, North America, and South America, including the hot reaction was poured. Lee Minho has already become a global brand beyond the Korean Wave.

Lee Minho said, "When I first encountered a character called Huh Junjae, I had a lot of hopes and hopelessness. In my memory, Huh Jo Jae is likely to remain a warm, charming friend. It was a time when I tried hard and worked hard to be a full - I hope that the audience of the audience will be reminded of the "Blue Sea Legend" as a joyful memory, "he said." I feel sorry for the moment, but the five months of my life have been very happy and heartbreaking. "

"I would like to thank all of you, Park Ji-eun, director Jin-hyeok, your seniors who have enjoyed a pleasant and exciting scene, fellow actors, staff members and cheering and loving viewers. I would not have been present without fans if you were watching me with a hot heart. I will not forget the heart that will make me become me and cheer me up to be better. " "I will endeavor to become an actor who always shows his progress," he concluded.

Credit http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003469041

• Like 14

HJJ's diary :

d413ec26gy1fc3w6ajn3dj21120kuq65.jpg

d413ec26gy1fc3w6c8okhj21120kun0j.jpg

d413ec26gy1fc3w69n3ylj21120kuq5u.jpg

cr as tagged

And according to Chinese translation by the poster @吉不悅, I translate to English roughly :

Spoiler

d413ec26gy1fc3w6v60juj20ku112dnq.jpg

Dec. 2016, the day of our first kiss. I felt hopeless after meeting my Dad, and it was the first time I talked about my Dad to someone else. How many things that I first did at that day. At that day, I revealed all things in my deep heart to you, and you embraced me by my side, then we kissed. 
Do you remember ? I really thought my heart would blow up at that time. Do you hear the beating of my heart ? So, this is the feeling of fluttering.
Dec. 2016, my memories all came back, I found that the dreams unexpectedly were realities........

Spoiler

d413ec26gy1fc3w6k42mnj20ku112n5x.jpg

You erased my memories and insisted to come up by swimming, how lonely you were, only you come to find me through oceans, how dazed you were. I can deeply realize you at this day...
If I can love you one more time, I will love you more and cherish you more.
It seems that I can hear your mind at that time. Look like it's real that if I love you, I can hear your mind and soul.
Jan. 2017, you blocked the shooting by HCH for me, but it should be me get shooting.
I didn't know anything at that time, the time seemed ceased....what should I do.
And you absurdly smiled and said that you changed the sad fate this time. But I felt I was dying, because I can't image if without you....
Fortunately you recovered and lived like animals, but you could not eat well and laugh happily.....I know all.

Spoiler

d413ec26gy1fc3w6vo9d3j20ku112dns.jpg

2017, our last kiss, before you return to the sea, only two of us had dinner together. It seemed that we had a kiss, but I can't remember. 
You erased my memories maybe because you were on the initiative to kiss me. But you like a fate, still live in my body and my heart.
Your scent, your body temperature, the sight of your back, I can't forget these all.....
And you said, we would love each other when we met again, we would cherish each other when we met again.....
Don't worry, I still remember you.
My love is longer than my life, and my memories have toughness.
The memories of I was loving you and we were together.
I love you, miss you, very very much.
We must meet again.

• Like 22

20 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

HJJ's diary :

cr as tagged

And according to Chinese translation by the poster @吉不悅, I translate to English roughly :

Dec. 2016, the date of our first kiss. I felt hopeless after meeting my Dad, and it was the first time I talked about my Dad to someone else. How many things that I first did at that day. At that day, I revealed all things in my deep heart to you, and you embraced me by my side, then we kissed. 
Do you remember ? I really thought that my heart would blow up at that time. Do you hear the beating of my heart ? So, this is the feeling of fluttering.
Dec. 2016, my memories all came back, I found that the dreams unexpectedly were realities........

You erased my memories and insisted to come up by swimming, how lonely you were, only you come to find me through oceans, how dazed you were. I can deeply realize you at this day...
If I can love you one more time, I will love you more and cherish you more.
It seems that I can hear your mind at that time. It look like it's real that if I love you, I can hear your mind and soul.
Jan. 2017, you blocked the shooting by HCH for me, but it should be me get shooting.
I didn't know anything at that time, the time seemed ceased....what should I do.
And you absurdly smiled and said that you changed the sad fate this time. But I felt I was dying, because I can't image if without you....
Fortunately you recovered and lived like animals, but you could not eat well and laugh happily.....I know all.

2017, our last kiss, before you return to the sea, only two of us had dinner together. It seemed that we had a kiss, but I can't remember. 
You erased my memories maybe because you were on the initiative to kiss me. But you like a fate, still live in my body and my heart.
Your scent, your body temperature, the sight of your back, I can't forget these all.....
And you said, we would love each other when we met again, we would cherish each other when we met again.....
Don't worry, I still remember you.
My love is longer than my life, and my memories have toughness.
The memory of I was loving you and we were together.
I love you, miss you, very very much.
We must meet again.

Heo Jun Jae is so sweet!

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images. Thanks.
  • Like 9

38 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

, my apologies. I see that you already posted a translation of this article. I really shouldn't post until I've thoroughly read the thread. I didn't use a translator, but did the translation myself, so there may be differences with your version. Sorry again. 

NOoooool!! Don't say sorry!! :))) I am glad you did it too. Yours could be better than mine. I did it via Google Translate and some sentences might be hard to understand

I should say thank you!! :)) :heart:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, nika94 said:

:bawling: Park Ji Eun writer has created such beautiful lines. Thank you!! 

I will love you even if the world changes. You are engraved in my heart. You have the ability to erase one's memory. But you are not able to erase You from me.

Credit: as tagged

What a beautiful line.  It might sound cheesy if it was said in real life, but, if Heo Joon Jae was the one who said that lines, it sonds very beautiful and romantic. If SC has power to erase someone's memories, then, HJJ's power was to make cheesy lines into beautiful lines. THE TRUE POWER OF HEO JOON JAE!!:heart:

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Heo Joon Jae's cute GIFs via Legend. :blush:

Drunk HJJ was the cutest! Just him chewing the dried squid and "control~control~control~" always cracks me up. :grin:

• Like 12

26xBEH0gHwW94Yzfi.gif

This kiss!!! Daebak!!!:astonished::blush::wub::wub::wub::wub: I can't get over this scene. Felt like Jun Ji Hyun got cornered and was pinned down.lol Kudos Oppa!!! This gif even made this scene extremely hotter!!!:wub::wub::wub: The BTS of this scene is what I have to see!! :wub::wub::wub:

I wonder what Jun Ji Hyun's husband's reaction is... knowing that back in the movie The Thieves, she mentioned in her Guerilla Date interview how her husband felt with her kissing scene with Kim Soo Hyun. Mr, Choi Joon Hyuk was pretty jealous and Jun Ji Hyun said she did comfort him pretty well.:blush:

• Like 17

10 hours ago, demarchelier said:

'Legend of the Blue Sea' ends strong despite being too familiar

By Chang Dong-woo, Youn Go-eun

SEOUL, Jan. 26 (Yonhap) -- To many, SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea" ended up as somewhat of an artistic letdown. Famed screenwriter Park Ji-eun's time-slip tale of star-crossed lovers was criticized by many viewers for being derivative and too familiar.

But that doesn't mean people tuned out. On the contrary, Wednesday's happy-ending finale claimed the No. 1 spot among its competitors in the same time slot, garnering a 17.9 percent nationwide viewership, according to Nielson Korea.

The take away? Star power still matters. The drama -- inspired by a Joseon legend about a mayor who rescued young mermaids from a fisherman and returned them to the sea -- brought together two of the biggest "hallyu" stars to date and went on a ratings rampage since its premiere in mid-November.

Spoiler

Promotional image for "Legend of the Blue Sea" provided by SBS TV (Yonhap)

Promotional image for "Legend of the Blue Sea" provided by SBS TV (Yonhap)

Spoiler

This composite photo captured from SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea" shows actress Jun Ji-hyun as the mermaid Shim Chung. (Yonhap)

This composite photo captured from SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea" shows actress Jun Ji-hyun as the mermaid Shim Chung. (Yonhap)

Jun Ji-hyun, best known for her portrayals of wild, mysterious and at the same time quirky characters, played the mermaid Shim Chung from the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), who travels to modern day Seoul in search of her love.

The mermaid's visuals were in many respects natural and "legit." Using practical and CG effects, the mermaid production, paired with Jun's trademark lanky, slender yet at times powerful and dramatic performance, was met with overall high praise.

The show was Jun's first TV work since "My Love from the Star," which took hallyu fans by storm in 2013-2014.

Her opposite Lee Min-ho played Heo Joon-jae, a genius con artist with a knack for magic and hypnosis. Lee first gained widespread fame from starring in "Boys Over Flowers" in 2009 and continued to ride a huge wave of popularity after his following works "City Hunter" (2011) and "The Heirs" (2013).

Despite the heavy focus on the mermaid, Lee maintained his turf and stood as equals alongside Jun in weight and screen time throughout the show.

Spoiler

Highlights from SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea" (Yonhap)

Highlights from SBS TV's "Legend of the Blue Sea" (Yonhap)

Jun and Lee's first collaboration was strong enough to glue viewers to their televisions. The show started with a strong 16.4 percent viewership rating and surpassed the 20 percent mark in the metropolitan area by its sixth episode.

The show, at the same time, wasn't without its detractors. And they had a point.

A lot of the key elements -- such as a parallel timeline and romance between a human and a supernatural being -- were seen as recycled elements from Park's previous work. In the latter part, Hwang Shin-hae, who played one of the villains, managed to keep the show intriguing.

"Legend of the Blue Sea" managed to fare well overseas. The 22 billion-won (US$19 million) show was exported to all major regions around the world, including Southeast Asia, the Americas and Europe, according to its production company Culture Depot.

The show, however, wasn't aired in China due to a political dispute between Seoul and Beijing after South Korea announced its plan to deploy a U.S. anti-missile system on its soil. According to Culture Depot, however, the show was popular in China through piracy.

odissy@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2017/01/26/0701000000AEN20170126006000315.html

congratulation!they won the fight!!!

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Hunter White said:

This kiss!!! Daebak!!!:astonished::blush::wub::wub::wub::wub: I can't get evor this scene. Felt like Jun Ji Hyun got cornered and has pinned down.lol Kudos Oppa!!! This gif even made this scene extremely hotter!!!:wub::wub::wub: The BTS of this scene is what I have see!! :wub::wub::wub:

I wonder what Jun Ji Hyun's husband's reaction is... knowing that back in the movie The Thieves, she mentioned in her Guerilla Date interview how his husband felt with her kissing scene with Kim Soo Hyun. Mr, Choi Joon Hyuk was pretty jealous and Jun Ji Hyun said she did comfort him pretty well.:blush:

OMG... You just let me die again my dear @Hunter White Why that particular part is so beautiful in my eyes. They were truly great actors, they made the scene looks so natural. 

Salute to LMH and JJH... you're the best!

tumblr_inline_okcg4hCncz1qdvumi_540.jpg

• Like 9

@Chellsee, same here.... I was on my way home driving when I saw this and honestly speaking I wanted to jump out of the car and scream. I had the love chills all over seeing how passionate was the kiss that Lee Min Ho landed on Jun Ji Hyun's lips. Even without the undressing and all that visuals, this scene still ended up as the best dirty love ever made on small screen!  :astonished::blush::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 13

@Hunter White - OMO! OMO! OMO! my dearest Chingu!! 

You captured the KISS of the year perfectly! Hahaha!! Now, I wonder HOW JJH is going to COMFORT her hubby?? He will have to surpass that KISS!

And LMH will have to comfort Suzy too!

Hahaha!! 

Gawd - are we going to have Super hot fan fiction or what???? Or just plead with Writer Nim to turn this series into a Graphic Novel with lots of KISSING gifs like yours!! Hahahahaha!!

• Like 10

Ummmm, @Hunter White, I just died! You killed me! Where's Mimi detective when we need him? HJJ will have to prosecute you. 

Wait...

It doesn't make sense, does it? Isn't he the one who killed me? With his tongue kiss? 

Hahahahaha. 

How do I sleep now? With that in mind? Lol. 

@gtLmh0622 Hahahaha I love how his kiss is trending on weibo lol. :lol:

• Like 10

@Alice Mendoza, OMO gazillion times it is!!!! :astonished::blush::wub::wub::wub::wub: 

Too bad this scene hasn't been released yet during the SBS Drama Awards. I wonder if they'd now change their decision as to whom the awards should be given... esp THE BEST ON-SCREEN KISS! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Both Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho need to make some good comforting for their respective partners. They are both professionals but I'm still wondering as to how many takes did this scene take before the Director yelled "cut" coz for sure it was shot several times. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

The Writer and The Director did reserve the best for last! Good thing this kissing scene was too perfect and it's now the talk of the town. :D:D:D:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 10

@mythicalove, hahahaha.... ARREST ME NOW THEN!!! hahaha:D:D:D

Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho did a wonderful job in making us all want for more especially after seeing the kiss of the year! I am sorry to say but I did save the gif on my phone. hahaha... My like level of Lee Min Ho just went out of the roof of our house. Oppa you're good!!!  :D:D:D:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Hunter White said:

@mythicalove, hahahaha.... ARREST ME NOW THEN!!! hahaha:D:D:D

Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho did a wonderful job in making us all want for more especially after seeing the kiss of the year! I am sorry to say but I did save the gif on my phone. hahaha... My like level of Lee Min Ho just went out of the roof of our house. Oppa you're good!!!  :D:D:D:wub::wub::wub:

Hahahaha I'm laughing so hard. We're all crazy obsessed over the kiss and we're not the only ones, Knetz and people on weibo are all screaming out loud too lol. I wonder how they feel about their kiss being a hot topic lol. :lol: 

THAT KISS is keeping me up all night. Lol. 

• Like 9

@mythicalove, this will always and forever be a hot topic! It'll be difficult to just forget about the image of 'em kissing passionately. Just look at Lee Min Ho's right hand under Jun Ji Hyun's back. Look at hos he holds her arm tightly which only means... Oppa was defo on a roll! Got carried away I guess. Now, SC's heart is defo beating faster than a speeding bullet while HJJ does the work. whoooohooo!!!!:D:D:D:wub::wub::wub:

They nailed the dirty love scene!!! HANDS DOWN to our lovebirds!!!  :D:D:D:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 8