[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

5 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

New making clip! :wub: They looked so adorable together:heart: it makes me miss them even more. I was kinda hoping they will show NG clip (i don't know why but I'm obssesed with NG). Does the blu-ray/dvd usually have more bts/NG? Because I'm considering to buy LOtBS dvd once it out.

Yes, most likely they will include NG in the DVD. 

I was thinking that perhaps the way to get over this withdrawal is if I purchase the DVD. Then, I don't have to let go just yet, because I'll have something to look forward to. I'm heavily debating on whether I should I get. I want it but I'm not sure it's in my budget to purchase lol. 

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

@nika94 chingu, can you translate this one and the comments. It's trending on naver so I want to know what it's about. Thank you in advance. 

• Like 8

Sorry guys...  Had to disappear for a while yesterday and then concussed after that 

Trying to back read the pages and catching up to the latest pages! Will respond to the posts later. 

Just wanted to say still happy that they were still no.  1! There's just sth abt Wednesday ratings that's refuses to go up and my guess is also because the main angst of the drama, it has concluded alr with the stepmum and CH and MDY getting what they deserves. 

I'm at work now and can't enjoy reading all of your posts so that sucks. So I'm just trying to sneak in here and there of what I can! Hahahs. 

Talk to you guys later! 

• Like 9

Annyeong, chinggus!!

I have been lurking in this thread since the start of LOTBS and i enjoyed reading all your posts. Thank you for your insights and funny gifs. I love them all esp the last kiss.

I soooo love LOBTS that I have rewatched the whole eps 4 times already. Just like you, this drama has affected me so much that it will be one of my fave kdramas(i love all LMH dramas).

i find LOBTS warm and funny and deep as well. It may not be as epic as some would want it to be by exploring more on mythology but its LOVE STORY was EPIC to me because the drama was able to show that Love is the greatest of all. It showed in its purest and simplest form that love transcends time and differences and in the end, love never fails.

i love our OTP. They were so different but they brought out the best of each other. LMH and JJH's portrayal of their characters was so real and fresh that they made you believe they were HJJ and SC. I love LMH here. I have always appreciated him as a oerson and actir. I love his acting skills, they are so natural and not OA. His eyes speak volumes!  As for JJH, this is the only drama of hers that I watched and I can say she really was daebak.

i am sorry for my long post. i just cant help sharing with you how much i loved this show. Thanks for reading.

• Like 10

@mythicalove:  I'm planning to buy the DVD too but my plan is to buy when LMH goes off to MS. That is going to be painful for me and I think buying the DVD at that time will help ease the pain.

@babyval22: I suspected the ratings might slip ,but I expected a bit higher given that it's LMH's final project for a couple of years. 

• Like 9

By the way, Chingus, where is the filming location - the last scene where there is so much snow very near the beach?? It's so beautiful! The sea is so beautiful there!!

Is it the same as the filming location for the Joseon beach scenes?? Also, where is the filming locations for all the lovely Joseon scenes - the episode where KDR floated on a boat to meet SH again - where he lit lanterns??

I wish I could organise a LOTBS-theme tour!!

• Like 5

Lee Min Ho thanks fans for loving 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'

lee-min-ho_1485400058_af_org.jpg

Lee Min Ho wants to thank fans for the success of 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'!

The SBS drama came to a close on January 25. A day later, Lee Min Ho shared words of thanks via his label, and said, "The 5 months living as Jun Jae was overwhelming happiness. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the fans who watch over the path of actor Lee Min Ho with warm hearts. I would never forget your hearts which allow me to be who I am and the support that makes me a better self." 

Following the end of the drama, Lee Min Ho is scheduled to meet with his fans at his fan meeting in Seoul from February 18-19. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/lee-min-ho-thanks-fans-for-loving-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea

• Like 10

Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 20 (Final)

by javabeans | January 25, 2017 | 13 Comments
bluesea20-00960a.jpg
It’s time to say goodbye to this show, which has been a sweetly funny ride all the way through and retains those qualities through its final hour (and regains some of its earlier lightness too, which I enjoyed). It ends a little quietly, but in a way that feels well-suited to its themes, and on an uplifting note that leaves me in a good place as I leave these characters and wish them well for whatever’s around the bend after the show drops its curtain.

Joon-jae asks Chung not to erase his memory before she leaves, reminding her that it’s better to remember love even if it hurts than to remember nothing. She doesn’t want him to suffer in case she can never return, but he assures her that even if she couldn’t, his love would outlast his life and go into the next one.

Ultimately, he leaves the choice with her, and after she decides, she kisses him.

A short while later as Chung leaves the house, she runs into Nam-doo, Tae-oh, and Joon-jae’s mother at the front gate. She says she’ll just be going somewhere for a short while, but her goodbyes have an air of finality to them as she thanks them for everything.

[READ MORE - DRAMABEANS]

• Like 10

2 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Hahahahaha. Married? I am a college student studying as diligently as I can with Korean Dramas lingering at the back of my head. LMH is oppa to me by many years. But I can promise I am well pass the age of being a minor so this talk only makes me embarassed because I am just a person of shy nature. 

I, too, am happy that they all showed up to celebrate the successful run of this wonderful drama and to watch the last run together. As someone mentioned earlier, JJH looked extremely happy at the wrap up party. So does LMH. I'm glad they met through this project. They made a great team! 

I absolutely agree with you. Somehow, JJH and LMH naturally meshed to become SC and HJJ. The ending scene where they were walking hand in hand, talking and laughing, I can swear that's LMH and JJH and not HJJ and SC. Lol. That's how natural they are. 

You're most certainly correct. I did envision how they would meet. Mine included a deep passionate kiss. Surprisingly, I am completely happy with the way it played out. It was sweet and touching, and made me tear. True, a kiss would have made me bounce off the walls but making me cry is on another level. I agree, I thought LMH did very well and never acted out of character. He remembered her and his facial expressions said it all. You can tell that he was deeply affected when SC said, "I love you, Heo Joon Jae." I really did question whether he remembered right there, because he definitely showed signs of remembering all over. We learn later that the writer was trolling us to believe he forgot. And then when that moment hit, I thought, "Ahhh that's why he did this, that's why he did that." Great protrayal and kudos to the writer for trolling us once again. 

So why do you think he pretended not knowing her at first?

Me, I think he wanted to "punish" her for erasing his memories after begging her not to. He wanted her to feel the consequences of doing that before letting her know how much he loved her .

• Like 7

On 1/24/2017 at 11:39 AM, ilwoo_aein said:

“Unique Position” Lee Min Ho’s Overwhelming Brand Power in the World - 24.01.2017

South Korean Actor Lee Min Ho is showing of is overwhelming brand power both domestically and globally. 

SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” has keep the top rank for Wednesday-Thursday Time slot from the they of the 1st broadcast. Meanwhile, the 19th episode viewers rating has surpassed 21% Nationwide (AGB Nielsen). The drama has renewed their own highest rating, and Lee Min Ho’s popularity again has been proven. Overseas, Lee Min Ho and SBS “Legend of the Blue Sea” has attracted domestic and foreign fans with hot interest. 

Of course, Lee Min Ho’s status is well reflected in the results of several polls and surveys. For example, “Hancinema” as one of the international news site portal, a database for Korean Movies and Drama named him as one of the best actor. This year, they select “Legend of the Blue Sea” as one of the “Drama of the Year”. Meanwhile, “Soompi” as one of the largest community forum and news site in English has held a poll and survey for the best actor win which Lee Min Ho won. The Philippines video streaming platform “iFlix” also named Lee Min Ho as one of the Best Actor of 2016, reaching number 1 with 41.74% vote. 
SNS response about the actor again confirming the power behind the name. In China, “Legend of the Blue Sea” is one of the hottest drama. The largest SNS platform in China, “Weibo”, the hashtag “Legend of the Blue Sea” has reach total of 4.8 Billion, confirming the power of Lee Min Ho. Only 12 hours of the 1st broadcast of “Legend of the Blue Sea” drama, the hashtag won 1st place, both in Weibo and Overseas drama popularity chart. 

Lee Min Ho’s popularity is what drives this kind of reaction. Lee Min Ho’s follower has reach 2.9 Million as of January 2017. It’s indeed overwhelming as one of the top Korean Star. It can be said that at least half of the population in the Republic of Korea is following Lee Min Ho. Lee Min Ho scene of “Jealousy” has broke search engines after the broadcast. Not to mention that his Green Knit Sweater has also reach 2nd place is several search engines. Lee Min Ho in Public Bath, Over Protective Tsundere Lee Min Ho, so many of his character’s action an fashion are getting attention, made SNS trending topic. 

The popularity of “Legend of the Blue Sea” in several countries are even more striking. Since the launch of “Legend of the Blue Sea”, drama and movies streaming platform “iFlix: has doubled the amount of subscribers, 20% of them due to the drama "Legend of the Blue Sea”. In Pay TV service “ONE TV” which serve Asia including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, and Laos, their 1st broadcast took first place. Almost 92% Singaporean and 82% Korean subscribers watch the drama. In “Viki”, another video streaming platform which service North and South America also Europe, “Legend of the Blue Sea” led to over 64,000 followers during the 3 weeks of broadcasting. Drama"Legend of the Blue Sea" which currently airing is till at the of their weekly popular drama ranking, and “Heirs” also ranked number one in the overall popularity of Korean dramas. 

“ONE TV” spokesperson stated “Heo Jun Jae of ‘Legend of he Blue Sea’ is the result of Lee Min Ho’s charm. Lee Min Ho’s acting ability and character differences are making the character Heo Jun Jae attractive. The energy of Lee Min Ho’s fans who have waited for Lee Min Ho’s comeback in 3 years is showing explosive power.” 

On the other hand, Lee Min Ho who currently shooting the last episode of “Legend of the Blue Sea” also showed his powerful name by selling 6,000 seats for his fan meeting ahead in February 2017. Fans from around the world are very excited to meet Lee Min Ho during the fan meeting that would be held 2 days, 18th and 19th of February 2017. 

Digital Issue Team Reporter Yu Byung Cheol onlinenews@wowtv.co.kr

source: Naver

Korean - English Translation: Monika Setiono 

source: http://monikaleeminho.tumblr.com/post/156291875910/unique-position-lee-min-hos-overwhelming-brand

soompi.com didn't make article about this, so minoz international don't know about this news...soompi.com always LMH's hater, always hiding his amazing news

like this fanpage for all lee min ho's good news

LeeMin Ho (1.2M) https://web.facebook.com/LeeMinHoMinozWorld/?fref=ts
LOTBS (1 M) https://web.facebook.com/LegendOfTheBlueSeaKdrama/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images.
  • Like 4

it's not 100% accurate, but here is what JJH and LMH said in the goodbye clips (?) as @Visually-wandering asked me to translate

JJH
To all the viewers of legend of the blue sea, thank you very much for watching the drama. I have worked with many staffs and actors to make a good drama and it did need a lot of work hard, but because we received as much as the love from the viewers, once again I'm so thankful. Thank you for watching the drama until the end.

LMH
To all the viewers of legend of the blue sea, thank you very much. I think because of the love from the viewers that this drama is ended successfully. I wish that this drama and my character Heo Joon Jae can be remembered for a long time. Thank you. Please stay healthy and be happy.

• Like 20

I've been listening to LOBTS OST on repeat mode since Monday.:) missing our OTP already!

English translation of Windflower

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

I’m still dreaming
Like the blurred moonlight in the night sky
The person in my dazzling memories
I remember faintly

From the scattering flowers in the wind
I feel your warm scent
Our short encounter as if it was passing by
Is now my everything

Under the same sky
I’m with you
I’m afraid that we’ll get erased
If I could walk to the horizon of the blue sea
I won’t let go of your hand

From the starlight in the sky
I can feel your warm breath
Like destiny, if only I could remain with you
And breathe

Under the same sky
I’m with you

Under the same sky
I’m with you

• Like 10

Google Translate of an Article!! Article!! So many Praise and Articles!! :blush: @leeminhosny

'Blue Sea' PD "I was surprised at the act of Lee Min Ho.

SBS drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' was a drama that stimulated the interest and curiosity of viewers by combining the unique material of mermaid and previous life. The meeting between Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho, 'Star of you' Park Ji-eun has a big topic before the start because it is a new work by the author and achieved 20% audience rating. The viewers who have to leave the 'Blue Sea Legend', who did not miss the first place in the drama drama throughout the broadcast, must be sad. This is also true of Jeonghyeop PD, who was the director. In an interview with OSEN, he expressed his gratitude to the actors, and when he was long and short, he recalled the short filming time and made a real break with the "Blue Sea Legend".

- How did you feel about working with Lee Minho again in three years?

"The actor Lee Min-ho became more and more beautiful, and he became a man in the young man, and the character named Heo-jae was a character who changed very much in the movie and showed me a pale color, and surprised me with his mature performance in the middle and after the play. I was amazed by the fact that there was a lot of pheasant scenes and there was a lot of pheasant scenes in my mind because I was concentrating on the moment and concentrated on acting without buying the body even in cold weather. I would not have grown from star to actor now. "

"When I saw it in the field, it does not seem to be changed to be a true and good actor three years ago or now, it is always modest, it is nice to be serious about acting, and in the second half, I want to tell you that I'm not the actor who shot the most tea cup coffee tea on the filming scene.

- Hwang Shinhye Moonsoh Lee Heejoon Seongdongil Lee Ji Hoon was also gorgeous.

"I am so grateful as Phidi, especially thanks to Seongdongil actress who played a major role in the center of gravity of the drama between the past and present, I would like to tell you that even though I am in a very busy schedule, I was able to act as a member of the committee,

"In addition, the tasty acting of the actress Moon Seo Lee of Jinju provided a big smile and a lubrication in every part of the pole, and Lee Hee-joon was the key to the last reverse. Shin Ho-ho actor who passed the 100-1 competition and showed tears when he passed the audition. It was better than expected. He acted as a cheerful actor in all of my works. Lee Ji-hoon, who showed an eerie act in the audition, Shinhyeon actor, who has been a good star, has also shown good performance and is grateful to all actors. "

If you have the most special scene while shooting.

"There was a lot of shooting places and lots of hard-to-find scenes to cover a variety of scenes such as melodies, comics, and action. Especially, there are many scenes where Lee Min Ho actor must lead the play with a young man who can not speak very early, but Comic Shin studied and prepared various ideas and created better synergy. In action god, I think it's a good idea to have a lot of fun, and some of the scenes in the Spanish scene can be seen as a big ball by Lee Min Ho.

- There's a lot to say about the actors who appeared in the cast.

"I would like to thank all of you who contributed to the new stellar role, including Kim Seongryong, Cha Tae-hyun, Jong-seok Ahn, Jae-Hong Hong, Jung Yoo Mi, Kim Sun- It seemed fun, and it was a very enjoyable and fun experience. "

- It was a big movie and it was expected, so I feel burdened.

"The drama has always had a lot of pressure when it started, but there was a part that excited me because I was a director." The Legend of the Blue Sea "seems to be remembered as a work that has made a lot of efforts and efforts. It was good to be able to show the story in a drama, and I hope that it will become a work that a pleasant smile blooms while watching our drama like reading a fairy tale book of the other side .. Our drama was a story of a mermaid but also a story about the world we live in and a drama about love Finally, I thank you for your audience. "

Credit:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/comment/list?aid=0003469026&cid=1054644&gid=999339&oid=109&lightVersion=off

• Like 15

@leeminhosnySO many COMMENTS :blush::blush: from the article the says---->    Blue Sea' PD says "I was surprised at the act of Lee Min Ho."

"Lee Min Ho is an actor who is recognized for his integrity and personality as well as for his acting ability and appearance. continue to grow"

"Lee Minho is nice and good acting too!"

" Devition ability control screen, Lee Min Ho hit heojunjae glad you played"

" Yeah I'm surprised too. I got to see you again."

" Lee Minho is cool ~ I was a fan of the legend of the blue sea"

" I want to see Lee Min Ho act action once again like City Hunter ...

" There are a number of postures, but each time I'm surprised by the different expressions"

" Lee Min Ho dual role performance is so cool."

" When will I see another drama? I also expect a work soon"

" Lee Min Ho was too great. Thanks for your work"

" I was able to watch the drama until the end because of Jae-jae's acted by Lee Min Ho."

"Lee Minho's delicate acting was different from the crying scenes expressed differently in each scene. Thanks a lot for your hard work and joining us!"

Credit: http://m.entertain.naver.com/comment/list?aid=0003469026&cid=1054644&gid=999339&oid=109&lightVersion=off

• Like 15