[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Gugudan's Kim Se Jung sings her 1st ever OST for 'The Legend of the Blue Sea', 'If Only'!

Gugudan's Kim Se Jung sang her 1st ever OST for currently airing SBS drama, 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'!

Her soft, yet dramatic ballad OST is titled "If Only", and she uses her beautiful, delicate voice well to depict the approaching climax of the drama. 

Not many episodes left until 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' comes to a wrap! Catch highlights from the drama in Kim Se Jung's MV above!

cr. http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/gugudans-kim-se-jung-sings-her-1st-ever-ost-for-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-if-only

• Like 7

Hey lobsters!

I'm fashionably late to the party as usual.  I'm halfway thru ep 16 and read many of the comments so I have a good idea what happened.  I can't wait to see HJJ's confrontation with his father. Wow, so NamDo was not a good guy in the joseon era.  I changed my prediction a bit. I earlier predicted that HCH would die saving HJJ, now I'm changing it to Nam Do sacrificing his life to save HJJ realizing how much their friendship meant.  That would be my perfect ending.  We should all submit our prediction before ep 20 and see who comes closest.

why is LMH so handsome?  Ok off to finish ep 16!

• Like 12

Remember when everyone complained about the harpoon scene, when actually the editing fooled them?  I think something similar is going on in the scene where ND and CH are revealed in the Joseon timeline.  KDR's friend has retrieved the scroll, but he would have been caught if he were confronted by those two at such close range.  He has an injured foot.  So it is a mystery where they are all running off to.  And we still don't know if one of them is the wearer of the ring.  Most importantly, what is on the scroll?

@CarolynH  I think Nam-doo might die (if someone has to).  Also, I'm not yet persuaded if he (or even CH) are Joseon baddies.

• Like 10

Legend of the Blue Sea: Episode 16

C18ck7YWQAAIunD.jpg

The pieces are falling into place, and while that results in happy resolutions in some instances, we’re also blowing open new discoveries in others. We’re starting to see close to the complete picture, but the challenge is for the characters to understand how the pieces they’re privy to add up as a whole, and what that means for their fates, their families, and their futures.

EPISODE 16 RECAP

Across a wide intersection, mother and son realize they’re about to reunite after years of searching, and stare at each other with their hearts in their eyes. As Joon-jae walks toward his mother, he envisions her as she looked when he last saw her, just as she sees Joon-jae as the little boy he used to be.

Their steps quicken until they meet in the middle, and then Mom clings to Joon-jae, sobbing that she’s sorry. At first he just stands there in shock, but then he hugs her back.

Chung watches the reunion and thinks, “Of the many things I’ve learned after coming to this place, the best words are ‘happy ending.’ This moment right now is a happy ending. But the hope and despair given by life is that time keeps flowing, and the moment passes. Nobody knows what other moments will come after the momentary shining happiness.” That… sounds foreboding.

bluesea16-00182.jpg

bluesea16-00684.jpg

Read full article here>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-16

• Like 11

WOW! WOW! WOWWWWW! :))) @leeminhosny @mythicalove @CarolynH @gtLmh0622 @briseis@Chellsee@ilwoo_aein@demarchelier@puppy8888

So many praise and good feeback for Lee Min ho's acting in that Father-Son scene!!

"Huh Junja is hurt"

" That love-hate relationship -- acting really good yesterday"

"The best scene, that ㅜㅜ

"I was too good heart. Under control, and not too much."

" Father is too ~ ~ ~ ~ Let me believe your son ~ !!!! Lee, Min-ho, who has expressed jun-jae too well, has been completely immersed."

"Eyes  performance hurt expression of buttered up version. This scene is a stunning act."

"amazed by his beauty and breath, in acting. ㅠㅠ

" Lee Minho emotion acting, acting in their eyes .blue sea is very very funny, Lee Min Ho acting is so good."

" Dang awesome acting, Lee Min Ho. Wow, like his father with Legend all my heart."

" Hit the jackpot in the bottom of my heart! that hurts my heart ... the sad tears."

" It was the best spot yesterday. Poor Jun Jae! "My dad does not believe me."

" Huh Joon-jae's love for his father .. The blood line gives ..

" Definitely to be absorbed by Lee min ho's acting"

" Yesterday, Lee Min Ho had a real heartbreak in this scene. Hi father could not believe his son ten years ago."

" Yesterday, a real immersion is the best. Changing from the moment and take off his hat and find his father entered the room and his looks , I completely fell into Lee min ho's emotion"

" Lee Min Ho can show you all the complex performances in the scene of emotional delusion that his looks were more sad than the resentment of anger."

" It was the most impactful god, and it saved the actors well."

" A really movie star... each time surprise."

" He is so sad to meet his father. Lee Minho, who delicately depicted the scene, is a huge hit !!!"

" At this time, the acting has all my heart applause. reunited with mom, different emotions with Lee Min Ho's performance so properly, to provide the best of my heart and there. Good looks"

" Lee Min-ho is a huge hit and adds legend every time"

" It was very important to lead this scene pole. Good acting."

" Lee Minho act perfectly well. I feel all my heart without overworking. The smoke(?) is also sophisticated."

" The look of a man of talent and his performance was the best."

" It was a great hit and I feel various emotions"

" Tears as hurtful. in a brilliant man cried in person to person."

" Lee Min-ho's feelings and eyes"

Credit:http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000692798&lfrom=twitter

• Like 17

[Spoilers] Legend of the Blue Sea Ep 16

20170111230144_33.jpg

201701112250771742_58763a8f5bd99_99_20170111230804.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-01-11%2Bat%2B3.12.47%2BPM.png

Naver - Osen: 'Blue Sea', Jeon Ji Hyun in tears over tragic past with Lee Min Ho.."another lie"

1. [+5,571, -54] Looking forward to Moon So Ri's cider tomorrow..ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+3,995, -39] The most innocent character in this drama is the detective...

3. [+3,896, -53] Woah.. the key point to watch out for is the person in the past next to Ma Dae Young who killed Dam Ryung is either Jo Nam Doo or Heo Chi Hyun ㅜㅜㅜGoosebumps!!!!!

4. [+2,824, -34] Ah my heart skips a beat whenever they show the swimming pool

5. [+2,788, -32] Unni, come in~^^

6. [+1,146, -10] Is Nam Doo going to betray??? I choked on a box of gogumas because of Joon Jae's dad. At least, I felt like a drank cider when Ma Dae Young's memories disappeared..My heart burst at the same time the pipe burst at the parking lot.. Can't wait for tomorrow

7. [+1,071, -8] Joon Jae's aboji is damn frustrating ㄷㄷㄷ He believed Chi Hyun when he lied about the picture but doesn't believe his own son. Oh well, he is reaping what he's sown. He's losing the most important people because of his stupidity

8. [+1,033, -11] Time to knock some sense into Nam Doo~ If not, Joon Jae will suffer. I cried with Lee Min Ho ㅠ

20170111225549_0.jpg

Nate - Sports Seoul: 'Legend of the Blue Sea' Lee Min Ho protects his father.. Jeon Ji Hyun erases Sung Dong Il's memories 

1. [+953, -11] He's so crazy over a woman that he doesn't even listen to his son

2. [+867, -5] I hate the dad  ㄷㄷㄷPoor Joon Jae

3. [+770, -13] The dad gives me cancer

4. [+108, -1] Hong Jin Kyung isn't a cameo anymore at this point ㅋ She's nearly in every episode, we don't even see the caption at the end of the episodes thanking the people who made a cameo ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+106, -1] Jo Nam Doo gives me goosebumps. He's scarier than Ma Dae Young

6. [+85, -1] I was so anxious for Chung but thankfully she got rid of Ma Dae Young's memories.. Jo Nam Doo is creepy, it won't be long before he causes an accident

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.co.id/2017/01/spoilers-legend-of-blue-sea-ep-16.html

• Like 12

13 hours ago, alleram95 said:

HJJ with CH in the office

HJJ: Where is father?
CH: *to his workers* You all can go first
Worker 1: Is he President Heo’s biological son?
Worker 2: I’m not sure. Maybe
CH: What brings you here?
HJJ: Is he in the office?
CH: I told you that day, he went for a holiday with his friends
HJJ: Is that so? To where?
CH: Hawaii
HJJ: Hawaii? He will stay there for a long time then because father really likes to eat seafood
CH: Joonjae, what do you really want to say?
HJJ: I can’t trust you. I’m going to take back my words about my wish for you to be a filial son towards Father

CH and President Heo inside President Heo's room

CH: Father, are you sleeping?
President Heo: Yeah, I’m a little bit sleepy after eating the medicine. Did you drink (alcohol)?
CH: Yes. Father, can’t I be your only son? I think I can protect you until the end. Should Joonjae be there (for you) too? It’s because I’m upset. I have tried to call him to visit you but he didn’t come. He said to me ‘He’s your father so you take care of him’. Father, did you know what he has been doing? He’s deceiving people. I’m worried about him and that’s why I’m checking on him. He’s a con man. Are you sure that Joonjae has to be here too (as your son)?
President Heo: You’re drunk. Go to sleep
CH: Yes, Father

CH met with SC in the restaurant

CH: It’s nice to meet you and thank you for calling
SC: Heo Chi Hyeon, I have something that I want to ask you
CH: About what?
SC: Do you know a person name Ma Dae Young? What kind of relationship that you and your mother have with him?
CH: Why did you ask me about that?
SC: Ma Dae Young continuously giving a danger (?) to us and I don’t why he did so. I heard that it was related with your family. I think you can stop him
CH: I’m sorry but I can’t. I don’t have any relation to him

HJJ met with his father

President Heo: Is it you, Honey? Are you Chi Hyeon? Who are you? Who are you?!
HJJ: Are you looking for this? Father
President Heo: Are you Joonjae?
HJJ: What are you doing in here?
President Heo: Are you really Joonjae?
HJJ: What are you doing in here?! What’s wrong with us (our family)? You can’t recognize your own son who is in front of you. You even divorced with mom to do this. Do you think I didn’t know it? Let’s go out from here for now
President Heo: To where?
HJJ: Anywhere. You can’t stay in this house
President Heo: Why?
HJJ: If you stay in here any longer, you won’t know what will happen to you
President Heo: This is my house. What will happen to me inside my own house?
HJJ: Chief Nam was injured and all accident that you have are initiated by step mother
President Heo: I don’t know how you can enter this house. After gone for 10 years and came home from the first time, what are you accusing of about your mother?
HJJ: Who said that she is my mother?
President Heo: You want to tell me that I took a wrong decision, right?
HJJ: Yes. You made a wrong decision. All of them are wrong
President Heo: Who are you that you are telling me this? It’s my choice and it’s my life. I didn’t make any wrong choice. I was happy. Do you want me to say that after I separate with your mother everything that I did and chose are wrong? My eyes will get better after the surgery. I can’t do the surgery because I’m sick. If I can do the surgery
HJJ: You aren’t only unable to see what in front of you. You can’t see anything. You didn’t even realize how far your life has fallen down
President Heo:  Did you really hate your step mother? You brat, she has been waiting for you to comeback and keep cleaning your room. She is a kind woman. I’ve been living with her for 17 years and I really know her well. What do you know?!!
HJJ: Kang So Hee real name is Kang Ji Yeon. She has been married twice and both of her ex husband died in accident after they got blind. It would be very good if what happened to you was accidentally but there is a possibility that it wasn’t
President Heo: You’re lying
HJJ: If you don’t want to believe me then don’t. But I can’t left you here all alone. I will bring you out from here even if I have to force you. Let’s go
President Heo: I heard that you are a con man. How can you deceive your own father too?

Thanks for the translation! I officially think there's sth wrong with JJ dad. I mean they showed them as a happy family from young so why the sudden turn of events where the stepmum and CH coming into the pic. And did mum ever explain why she never tried to contact HJJ or find out how he's doing? 

And the words the father is using to HJJ. My poor boy. Trying his best to save his father and this is how the father treats him. Hurmph! Oh well, guess family love is difficult to break after all. Hope the father wakes up from his whole life and realises what have been going on. Pls dun hurt our HJJ anymore. He's been through enough. 

8 hours ago, demarchelier said:

TV RATINGS - EPISODE 16

AGB NIELSEN - 18.9% (NATIONWIDE) and 20.7% (SEOUL)

source

TNMS - 15.1% (NATIONWIDE) and 19.0% (SEOUL)

source

So happy to see an increase in ratings! Yippee! Let's hope tonight episode will break 20%! They have to maintain the suspense this episode too to get more and more people hooked. Hahahs. 

7 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I know, right?  The most suspenseful thing now is ... WHEN ARE WE GONNA HAVE SKINSHIP?!

Yes. I would be really sad if they didn't show dirty love according to what SC is imagining cos they are referencing to this 3 different stages alot in their relationship. Hahahs. 

6 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I feel you! The father-son confrontation scene was agonizing for HJJ. I felt every inch of his pain. It broke my heart to see him try to drag his father out of the room, only to be pushed away with those hurtful words. HJJ is literally breaking down in tears and frustration, begging his father to stay alive. He's angry because had the grass really been greener on the other side, he'd a least be able to reason his father's decision to leave him and his mother. Yet, there his father was, hanging on to dear life without realizing the people he trusts were gnawing on that last thread that's keeping him alive. HJJ's anger in this particular scene was not the result of dissatisfaction with the way his father left him and his mother. Rather, he was angry that his father did not live a happier life without them, because after all that he and his mother went through, he thought his father was well and happy and that is why he did not seek them. He cares for his father so much that it pains me to see him try so hard. The father does not deserve him as a son. 

I agree with you guys, the price he pays is his blindness. He was blind to begin with and now, he is literally going blind. 

I agree with you completely! The whole scenario, sighs. I wish it didn't happen. But I guess writer park put the scene in for the emotional depth of the show. It's also why it seems as though in that scene, his confrontation with his dad is more angsty. Cos between mum and dad, it seems as though dad is the one he looked up to, so when his dad hurt the family, it destroyed him even more. 

@Chellsee I also love the scenes when SC says HJJ mum is her friend and his reaction. HJJ was sooooooooo aeygo in that scene. Hahahahs. His reaction was priceless! 

• Like 8

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "The Legend of the Blue Sea" Episode 16

C18tgOpUsAERICM.jpg

Joon-jae's mother did not get hit by a car. Instead we get a very satisfying reunion of mother and son that results in mutual sleuthing into Ji-hyeon's mother and her shadowy past. This plot thread took up the bulk of the hour with very little interference by Cheong's and Joon-jae's romance.

Small tokens and gestures of affection wove their way through the episode, but mostly the couple focused on Joon-jae's past and recovering what little is left of his family. His father is in serious denial about the innocence of his wife of seventeen years. I find it a little strange that he stands by his wife, but he threw away his son. The excuse was made that Joon-jae is a con, but that happened after his father neglected him. Interestingly, his father still neglects Ji-hyeon, which makes his poor treatment of his children habitual. I'm hesitant to support Joon-jae's mother's decision to regain her son's rightful place in his father's home. It doesn't seem like a great place to be and honestly, it just seems like a plot tool.

Nam-doo's wiped memory is niggling at him and I have a feeling he'll be a force to reckon with when it comes flooding back. Very much like how Cheong learns about the past from wiping Dae-yeong's memory and will most likely be very angry about Joon-jae's lies about the past. Their Joseon incarnations were not fine - they died. That's a lot to digest.

More than the romance, I'm curious how Joon-jae will solve his family's issues and perhaps his relationship with Ji-hyeon. Ji-hyeon doesn't have to relive his past incarnation. He can do right by his family despite the fact that his father is the murderous Dae-yeong. Let's see if he does.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-16-102342.html

• Like 9

@nika94 those are amazing praises for LMH. I hope he's not too busy to see it, because he deserves to know how well he's performing.

37 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Thanks for the translation! I officially think there's sth wrong with JJ dad. I mean they showed them as a happy family from young so why the sudden turn of events where the stepmum and CH coming into the pic. And did mum ever explain why she never tried to contact HJJ or find out how he's doing? 

And the words the father is using to HJJ. My poor boy. Trying his best to save his father and this is how the father treats him. Hurmph! Oh well, guess family love is difficult to break after all. Hope the father wakes up from his whole life and realises what have been going on. Pls dun hurt our HJJ anymore. He's been through enough. 

So happy to see an increase in ratings! Yippee! Let's hope tonight episode will break 20%! They have to maintain the suspense this episode too to get more and more people hooked. Hahahs. 

Yes. I would be really sad if they didn't show dirty love according to what SC is imagining cos they are referencing to this 3 different stages alot in their relationship. Hahahs. 

I agree with you completely! The whole scenario, sighs. I wish it didn't happen. But I guess writer park put the scene in for the emotional depth of the show. It's also why it seems as though in that scene, his confrontation with his dad is more angsty. Cos between mum and dad, it seems as though dad is the one he looked up to, so when his dad hurt the family, it destroyed him even more. 

1) The writer has done quite well so far, so I hope she does not fail in filling this hole. I am still wondering what happened between HJJ's mother and father that caused him to kick her out. 

2) HJJ's father should be happy that HJJ is willing to set aside all that he's done to his mother and him and accept him back. But nope, HJJ's father way to stubborn to admit to his mistakes. Is that what's important right now? Your pride? Shake my head.

3) Yup, if they can maintain the intensity of the episodes, I predict a continual increase in ratings until the end. Tomorrow is the pilot of two new shows. I want to hope for the best but I won't keep it too high, since some people might be interested to tune in on the other channels for their first episode. Knetz, don't fail me! LOTBS fighting! 

4) Don't mention it. I will be furious if they do not show me "dirty love" as in passionately kissing! I am waiting! 

5) I definitely agree with you. The scene between HJJ and his father was set up to be heart wrenching for emotional depth. I absolutely loved it, though both parties were very much left in pain. 

----------------

Alright, it's getting late here and I have yet to have a proper sleep so I'm signing off. See you guys tomorrow at the same time every Wednesdays and Thursdays. 

• Like 11