[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Kim Dam Ryung and Joon Jae's perfect profile. :heart:

Cyb3eX7VEAAoll7.jpg

Cyb0QIsUkAAUbTV.jpg

Credit as shown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Drama Review] 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 3

link: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-3

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

Get ready to be blown out of the water as 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' did a complete 180 degree turn in the right direction and impressed with episode 3!

Although the previous episodes had little to no build up and paved the way for an undesirable plot, the underwater romance switched gears and created a storyline that is less cheesy (romantically) and a lot more action packed. We left off with Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun diving off a cliff and suddenly engaging in an deep sea kiss - but it wasn't all just for show.

The director of this drama is playing around with the concept of a mermaid quite well, as a lot of unique powers and 'facts' are incorporated into Jun Ji Hyun's character. It doesn't stop at the super natural strength; mermaids also have the ability to erase people's memories with one kiss! Corny - but brilliant!

jun-ji-hyun_1480374258_bs5.jpg

Even handsome as a teeny bopper!

I finally feel that the transitions between the past and present are correlating well. It wasn't as effective before as the two worlds felt quite separated, but now they marry together nicely as it showcases both characters being destined to love each other. From childhood to their early teens, you can see Lee Min Ho (as Kim Dam Ryeong in the past) and Jun Ji Hyun (as Se Hwa) growing up side by side, often showing Lee Min Ho offering the mermaid gifts from the land.

While their relationship remained a well-kept secret, eventually Lee Min Ho was found a suitor due to his nobility and set to marry. This is when it gets good. Jun Ji Hyun, being sad, dives back into the water in hopes that Lee Min Ho will forget her and be happy.

However, unable to let her go, he mounts his horse and attempts to drown himself in the sea in hopes to see her again. As expected, she arrives but kisses him! It seems to be a recurring theme throughout their love line - but will this present era be the time where they will finally come together?

jun-ji-hyun_1480374258_bs3.png

Read more under spoiler...

Jun Ji Hyun's time on land is actually hilarious this time around. Her 'weird' acting actually becomes believable as she imitates what she sees hilariously. I just love that she tries mugging a kindergartener after seeing high schoolers do it to other students!

Luckily the girl had her 'mom-card' and was kind enough to buy her lunch so Jun Ji Hyun wouldn't have to go all cannibal and eat fish cakes from the street vendor!

I don't know if viewers notice it yet, but this drama is packed with a lot of advice in the dialogue. The conversation between Jun Ji Hyun and the little girl is eye opening as the girl says, "My mom works hard to make money so we can be happy." Jun Ji Hyun replies, "When do you start being happy?" with the girl responding, "Much later." I love dramas with subtle moral value sprinkled here and there. It makes every encounter memorable throughout the show!

jun-ji-hyun_1480374258_bs4.jpg

Probably how I'd look picking my kids up from school!

Anyway, revealing the backstory of Lee Min Ho was the most impactful part of this drama, hands down. His Joseon Era self fuels a lot more interesting moments in the storyline as it shows that they didn't just meet on that fateful moonlit night.

However, I'm still waiting for more information on his present self. Even his flashbacks as a kid are shrouded in mystery, especially regarding his mother's disappearance. Doing it for the ratings, I guess.

It is great to see that his mom is alive and she is right under his nose the whole time! While his mother has a mysterious air to her, I feel she will be involved in one huge conflict that will force Lee Min Ho to choose between his mother or Jun Ji Hyun. Just a hunch.

jun-ji-hyun_1480374971_minho.jpg

My only other problem is in regards to his present self, yet again. Although they don't reveal as of yet just how he came to start swindling people and where he picked up 'magic,' it is getting cooler and cooler the more he uses it. The scene where he tricks the Jang Jin Ok, the madam of Myeongdong Capital, into seeing her son hanging from a ledge and being unable to pull him up was intense.

Lee Min Ho seems to exhibit a soft spot for getting even and serving up justice time and again. Call this situation 'killing two birds with one stone' or not, Lee Min Ho was able to stop the relentless hunt for his head as well as having Jang Jin Ok drop her lawsuit against a grieving family whose son committed suicide allegedly because of Jang Jin Ok's son.

jun-ji-hyun_1480374257_bs1.jpg

With episode 3 ending on a great cliffhanger (no, not literally this time), Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun are finally reunited in Seoul and viewers can only wonder how much more suspense will be built up in this intriguing storyline and if their romance is meant to be. Until episode 4, we will have to just keep swimming.

• Like 12

[Drama Review] 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 4

Link: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-4

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

'The Legend of The Blue Sea' continues to impress me, and viewers, each and every time as the episodes and the characters both transform from something boring and predictable to more attention-grabbing and comical.

jun-ji-hyun_1480375528_blue1.jpg

How can someone look so hot even in traditional clothing? 

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun finally meet in an aquarium in Seoul! Despite being quite silent (God knows why) I was happy that they were together.

However, even though Jun Ji Hyun is oddly refusing to reveal the truth, if Lee Min Ho keeps acting pushy, their love will go nowhere. But what do you expect to happen when a mermaid erases your memory? Props to Lee Min Ho for keeping a dose of realism in this circumstance.

jun-ji-hyun_1480375530_blue5.png

Read more under spoiler.

I utterly adore how coy Jun Ji Hyun continues to be towards Lee Min Ho. Not only coy but also in awe of Lee Min Ho during the cheesiest of moments that feel more hilarious than cringeworthy as of late. Yes, I'm definitely referencing her dazed and confused look when Lee Min Ho pulls her in tightly at the Han river.

Speaking of silly behavior, I can't get over her raw emotions and characteristics. Like that of a child, Jun Ji Hyun doesn't hold back in displaying gluttony, jealousy or naivete. I just enjoy seeing her glare at Cha Si Ha, a fellow colleague of Lee Min Ho at KAIST. Talk about competition!

jun-ji-hyun_1480375529_blue3.png

The meanest side eye of 2016.

Still, no matter what Lee Min Ho does, she is completely fazed by him and I love how happy she feels when she is given a name by him - Shim Cheong. Although done in pure mockery (Shim Cheong means 'complete stupidity' according to translations), she proudly owns it.

While this episode did a lot more digging into Lee Min Ho's past, I want to see more about his mother's.

jun-ji-hyun_1480375531_bluesea6.jpg

They show her being a housemaid for Cha Si Ha's family yet never dive deeper into why she ran away or how she found herself there to begin with! Her husband and Lee Min Ho's father, Heo Gil Joong, is still alive, working as a rich conglomerate and living with his stepmother Ahn Jin Joo.

While predictable (and I'm hoping it goes somewhere good with this), it turns out this woman is only in it for the money. Ahn Jin Joo thought she did everything in her power to erase Lee Min Ho's mother as well as Lee Min Ho from his father's life but he suddenly starts seeking out his wife and children. The drama strings together the fact that each of the family members is suddenly reminiscing about one another frequently.

jun-ji-hyun_1480375529_blue4.jpg

But consider it terrible timing for Ahn Jin Joo as this is during the time that Heo Gil Joong must decide upon the heir to his wealth. Is there something that happened during the Joseon period that will reveal a similar split up situation involving money?

It is wise to keep an eye on each character and who they were in the past because even if their style or positions don't match, their demeanor and personalities are still intact.

jun-ji-hyun_1480375528_blue2.jpg

Thank God we live in the age of dental hygiene...

Now, because of his malicious stepmother, this really perturbing man is following Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun around and is revealed to be a cold-blooded murderer. What struck me was the fact that I had no idea he was the devious nobleman from the past until he eerily smiled upon facing Jun Ji Hyun towards the end. Now would be a perfect time to use that mermaid strength, girl!

Aside from all the out-of-the-blue action, I am hoping to see more intimacy between Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun soon. Their characters are from two different worlds, both personality-wise and literally, so it makes for a great dynamic to see develop over time. The drama is doing the right thing in keeping our romantic feels at bay by distracting us with murders, car chases and investigations!

jun-ji-hyun_1480375531_blue6.jpg

Aside from the action packed scenes, I live for Jun Ji Hyun's expressions!

Due to this, the drama won me over 100% despite its crash landing of a start. 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' is finally picking up the pace and creating some unexpected action that keeps viewers' attention constantly rather than here and there, and I speak for everyone when I say we are eagerly awaiting episode 4 and what is to come between the murderer and the mermaid!

• Like 12

Oh My God!!! :tears:  The new stills are so gooooood!! :heart: what a beautiful chemistry between the leads! :heart:  I am sOoo looking forward to watching episode #5. Unlike other typical dramas, LBS doesn't reveal a lot of story in the previews. It really makes us more curious. :) Although I have watched the preview many times, I still have no idea how the story is gonna unfold. :)) The unpredictability of LBS is Daeeebaaaak!!! 

Credit: as tagged

• Like 9

[POINT: CUT] “Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho - Jeon Ji Hyun - Holding Hands and Be Together Always During Crisis - 30.11.2016

tumblr_ohfphayppj1v80w6go3_540.jpg

tumblr_ohfphayppj1v80w6go1_540.jpg

tumblr_ohfphayppj1v80w6go4_540.jpg

[XPortsNews: Reporter Park So Hyeon] Actor Lee Min Ho and Actress Jeon Ji Hyun were caught together on the set for their latest drama.

On the 30th of November, the Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) just released their official still cuts of the two leads the mermaid Se Hwa (Jeon Ji Hyun) and Kim Dam Ryeong (Lee Min Ho), who seems to be in the middle of running away.The first still cuts showing Se Hwa and Kim Dam Ryeong that seems to be in the middle of a green tea field. Both of them were seen crouching, exchanging looks of worry to each other, making viewers grin with their warm hearts. Meanwhile, on the next still cuts, a change of scenery can be seen with white snowflakes scattered around the couple, making a romantic yet beautiful scenery/atmosphere.

Viewers are wondering whether Se Hwa and Kim Dam Ryeong could escape safely from Mr. Yang (Seong Dong Il), and becoming more and more curious of the breath-taking fate between the two.

The representatives of “Legend of the Blue Sea” stated “Please expect both Se Hwa and Dam Ryeong’s affectionate love towards each other in the upcoming 5th episode, From their expression we can see how much they wanted each other despite the dangerous consequences. Please do support the couple and anticipate the broadcast of the drama, expect the confirmation the couple’s love on the broadcast.”.

Meanwhile, the 5th episode of SBS “Legend of the Blue Sea” is expected to be broadcasted on Wednesday the 30th of November at 10 PM KST.

Sohyunpark@xportsnews.com / [Photo] Culture Depot of South Korea, Studio Dragon

source: Naver/XPortsNews
English Translation: Monika Setiono

https://tmblr.co/ZNu1-h2FHtX4M

• Like 7

OTP (CREDIT TO MOMO)

minho told media he got close with jjh after back to seoul, but seems like they already close since shooting at spain. hihihi.. jjh looking at him who try learn speaking with english language.

IMG_7204.gif
SIMCHEONGIE :blush:
IMG_7205.gif

IMG_7206.gif

Spoiler

IMG_7203.gif

• Like 14