[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

tikamacika

48 minutes ago, natkat said:

Wow everyone is really hating on the HW/TY couple. If you don't want to watch their scenes then don't, but why say you hate their development EVERY EPISODE. I am not a fan of the YS/DJ couple, but I don't go on here to make people feel bad about liking them. I get that everyone has an opinion, but you guys are ruining this thread for excited fans of the HW/TY couple. I was happy about the proposal when I first saw it, but coming on here and reading of the all negative comments (mostly from fans of the main couple) makes it hard to even stay apart of this thread. I usually don't post an opinion about episodes and just share spoiler pictures, but I just needed to say this. 

Hi natkat Nice to meet you . please continue share spoiler pictures HW/TY couple they're my Fav. couple. I check soompi almost everyday just to see your spoiler pictures of HW/TY ...I'm your silent fan but, since you're sound down I decided to write..sorry for  my grammar I'm still learning English.and for everyone else thank you so much for understanding about  HW/TY shippers feeling. :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sk0317

" "Delonghi" comes to mind when an "oil heater" is mentioned "

As for me Delonghi comes to mind as an espresso machine:)

Thank you for giving me the definition & differences between oil heater & kerosene heater 

In Korean, the kerosene heater are known as Seok Yu Nan Ro (석유난로, 石油煖爐, literally oil heater) The word "Seok yu" (석유 ,石油 or in Japanese "Sekiyu せきゆ) means oil while "Nan Ro" (난로, 煖爐) is heater, therefore I translate it as oil heaters

In South Korea, Paseco is the leading manufacturer & brand in kerosene heaters with UL standard certifications

660347198.jpg

I have a portable kerosene heater for camping purposes about W135,000

10 hours ago, sk0317 said:

HW was right to point out to her brother that although JY and him may have met earlier than TY and HW, TY wasn't aware of HW's background unlike JY who dumped "a good man" to pursue a rich one. And TY was not after revenge when he seriously considered dating HW.

@sk0317  This is the very reason I see mom siding with Hw and TY, She knew from the very beginning that HW wasn't the one running after TY  just as Hw started to like TY so did mom they both saw sencirty and goodness in TY only thing JY ever did was showed greed.. I have a feeling that TY will be at the top and if JY can't marry HS she will try and destroy TY if he don't go back to her.. She's already delusional thinking TY is dating Hw to get back at her.. Hs is just plan stupid.. I have to give it to Hw she is her mothers child..LMAO She learn from the best..LMAO

10 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@sk0317  This is the very reason I see mom siding with Hw and TY, She knew from the very beginning that HW wasn't the one running after TY  just as Hw started to like TY so did mom they both saw sencirty and goodness in TY only thing JY ever did was showed greed.. I have a feeling that TY will be at the top and if JY can't marry HS she will try and destroy TY if he don't go back to her.. She's already delusional thinking TY is dating Hw to get back at her.. Hs is just plan stupid.. I have to give it to Hw she is her mothers child..LMAO She learn from the best..LMAO

And Ms. Ko somehow sees resemblance of herself in JY, no? :D

JY is so pitiful she will spend her entire life feeling insecure. Meanwhile I admire TY for being so confident that he can persuade Ms. Ko even if she finds out their past relationship. Still, I do hope he can make a breakthrough as a model or teacher whichever suits him best!

@bajing You are NOT ALONE!! I have already murdered my replay function since last night for the HUG scene between DJ and YS!!  I really LOVE that scene as I can feel DJ's emotions and can you see how tight he HUGGED YS?!??!?! :wub: I also loved the scene where he touched her face and then checked her hand and then HUGGED her again!! Awww... 

And yes to the scene where DJ was venting his anger in the car after YS's cruel rejection towards him :tears: I can see why she is so reluctant as she doesn't want to go against an elder's wishes just for her happiness.. It maybe for some other people with stronger character but definitely not for someone with a less strong character.. 

Actually I also assassinated my replay function for the last scene where DJ as saving YS especially how he protected her from the flames..

I really love TY's middleman interference in their relationship as well as he does play a crucial role in explaining DJ and YS emotions back to each of them.. Next comes TP who is perfect as well... 

@Fang Wilson hello! I'm glad you like me posting pictures and I will continue to :)

@pinkdicentra @effyisme @bajing thank you for all your kind words. I guess I felt a little alone in this thread. I would say more on why I like this couple to defend them, but I don't think it's very complicated for me. I just like them because they make me smile and I think that both characters have good hearts. Their story is silly and ridiculous, but I'm just happy every time they are on my screen :wub:

@rainbowcake0827 here is the link for the background song during TY/HW's kiss scene.

10 minutes ago, natkat said:

@Fang Wilson hello! I'm glad you like me posting pictures and I will continue to :)

@pinkdicentra @effyisme @bajing thank you for all your kind words. I guess I felt a little alone in this thread. I would say more on why I like this couple to defend them, but I don't think it's very complicated for me. I just like them because they make me smile and I think that both characters have good hearts. Their story is silly and ridiculous, but I'm just happy every time they are on my screen :wub:

@rainbowcake0827 here is the link for the background song during TY/HW's kiss scene.

OMG you are an angel! I love this song so much I can't sleep LOL thank you so much for the link!

Anyway I do understand why you love this ah choo couple, they have this effect to us that whenever we see them we smile and laugh. To me they're like those good sayings and light pat on your shoulder when you feel like your whole world is crumbling down; like a best friend who says "it's all gonna be okay" when nothing seems right in your life :")

@natkat For me I love all 4 couples in this drama. They have their own story and fans kekeke. I love Ah-chooo couple since the press conference more than our main OTP but i have to say i really sad for HW & TY personal character. Maybe because i put much effort for this couple. since they're the most famous i though our writer-nim just only develop their cute lovely moment and avoid their own growth character. That's maybe the reason why people here me as myself feel disappointing but not hate the couple. And that's also the reason why i'm not comment about these couple again but still i love their picture still (You can see in instagram there are a lot of Ah-Choo couple pic still).  It's just break my heart  :heartbreak:

I'm really happy for the ratings progress especially for Saturday shows. I though the ratings will drop since another drama "Goblin" which has the same time slot getting more interesting (I follow Goblin too and again i love the second lead story :phew:). Congrats to Wolgyesu team for 35,1% new record rating. Let's pray for 40% rating! :innocent:

26 minutes ago, natkat said:

Sorry to cut your post!! Don't worry!!! I feel the same way as you feel when I see my favourite couple on screen as well..  It is the SAME feelings :wub:  Similarly DJ/YS story maybe typical of any Kdramas but they also make me root for them and cry along with them :tears:

So let us all continue supporting the couple that we root for and also the drama as well..

This drams is successful is also due to the 4 different couples and the value/morals about friendship, family and love.. without any of the couple, the drama wouldn't be so successful so therefore all couples in this show completes it :)

I am starting to feel sad too coz the drama is ending too.. I really don't want it to end :tears:

EDIT: I also love all their offscreen friendship as well as we all can clearly see during the drama awards.  I love how they all supported each other and cheer for each other :wub:

@natkat It's great that you are back. You are definitely not alone. I've surfed almost everywhere online for drama info and everywhere people like TY and HW. Actually this is the only place with equal or more DJ-YS shippers (at least those posting), which does make me more comfortable expressing my feelings for them. I've complained about their story-arc and YS's character too, but as I've said, I'm going to be more positive from now on but it means relaxing on my expectations of the drama. By the way, geographically we should be neighbors, since I think we are in the same time zone. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one awake and posting, and often a lot of posts appear while I'm asleep. When you mentioned when the drama aired for you, I was glad to hear that there's someone else in this part of the world here.

Hi @natkat

Don't worry, you're not alone in this thread.
Although I'm only a silent reader of this thread, but thank you for your words on behalf of TY-HW shippers.
Agreed that there's little character development for these two (particularly HW), but at least these two always make me smile.
I've basically skipped all DJ-YS part since the last 2 weeks because their storyline is kinda depressing.
Please keep posting and contributing in this thread!

On 2017/1/9 at 0:47 PM, gerrytan8063 said:

@sk0317

" "Delonghi" comes to mind when an "oil heater" is mentioned "

As for me Delonghi comes to mind as an espresso machine:)

Thank you for giving me the definition & differences between oil heater & kerosene heater 

In Korean, the kerosene heater are known as Seok Yu Nan Ro (석유난로, 石油煖爐, literally oil heater) The word "Seok yu" (석유 ,石油 or in Japanese "Sekiyu せきゆ) means oil while "Nan Ro" (난로, 煖爐) is heater, therefore I translate it as oil heaters

In South Korea, Paseco is the leading manufacturer & brand in kerosene heaters with UL standard certifications

660347198.jpg

I have a portable kerosene heater for camping purposes about W135,000

@gerrytan8063 Thank you for your input and explanations too:). Yes you are right to say that literally, "石油" means oil or petroleum. To the Americans, the fuel used to fill up a kerosene heater is kerosene, whereas the English use "paraffin" to fill up the same heater:). Interesting how language varies in different countries:).

The Kanji used in the Korean term for kerosene heater is very close to the Chinese meaning:). "Nan Ro" or "Konro コンロ" does make it sound more like a "stove" instead of a "heater" though:sweatingbullets:. Sorry I won't become distracted and get into that. m(_ _)m

The portable Paseco kerosene heater you have looks handy and convenient as it comes with a carrier bag:).

A kettle is often placed on top of a kerosene heater so that hot water is readily available and the steam from the hot water also acts as a humidifier. I don't own a kerosene heater but my MIL tells me she simmers her food like curries, stews and cooked beans "煮豆" on top of her heater.

Thank you once again and have a nice day @gerrytan8063!

Hello, everyone :) I'm curious to know what is the message in DJ's smartphone in the scene he was staring at his phone when that delusional HJ interrupted his moment.  Its a message to be delivered to YS (Ms. Sparkle), right? Can any kind soul here who read Korean please help translate? I'm a bit obsessive about this couple.  :phew:

@natkat Please don't be too upset. In fact, I'm really glad to see you regularly contribute your updated pictures or instagram to this tread. I'm kind of waiting to see your posts every week, though DJ/YS is my favorite couple, I find some HW/TY interactions evoke those feelings of my teenage romance (heehee that happened quite a long time ago) when every little thing would be questioned whether a guy cared for me .. hahaha so I can relate with them at times .. like @effyisme mentioned above, there are only (or at least) 10 episodes left til we say goodbye to this drama, let's focus on positive sides and happily root for our own beloved couples up until the end.

@effyisme @delphinium8593 thanks so much for your pics, they really help my waiting less excruciating heehee :blush:

15 hours ago, sk0317 said:

GJ should have seen the pathetic condition of the room YS had to use before the fire. No wonder the previous employee ran away from the strawberry farm:sweatingbullets:. I teared up after watching DJ's expression on his face when he touched and felt YS's hands after hugging her.:tears: Those are not the hands of a tailor in the making:tears:.

Sorry i cut your post, I just watched the subbed ep 40 and found out that GJ is still not giving her approval of DJ-YS, I cheer up a bit when DJ said "i rather be single for the rest of my life than to be reunited with her to be CEO again. What's money and position if you're not happy" Ommaa pls listen to your son's pleaa :phew:

6 hours ago, bajing said:

@delphinium8593 & @effyisme, thank your for your ninja skills in finding those pictures. You dont know how much it made me feel way way better about this week's episodes. I love you both!! :heart::heart::heart:

On SD & SN: I will just repeat that despite their dysfunctional relationship, I still want a happy end for them. My heart broke for SN this episode for her (possible) illness and struggles that have escaped SD since he's busy catering for his feeling about his first love. I hope that what SN has is not cancer, but something that is treatable. And I am waiting for the day when SD started to regret his behaviors, it better be good.

On my OTP :bawling::bawling::bawling::

The whole hugging scene gave me so much life. I love every bits of it: the candle-lit background of their meeting, the initial slo-mo walk before DJ rushing to hug YS so tightly, how time seemed to stop when he reached her, his expression like he has found his universe back, his immediate reaction to fuss over her followed by another hug like he could not get enough of her. Of course the writer then ripped my heart apart and threw it to the dogs right after this beautiful moment. I was initially a bit angry at YS' stubbornness despite understanding her reasons, but seeing her broke down in anguish made me unable to stay mad at her. I was just completely undone with the way she cried like it came from the very deep within, so raw and primal (kudos for Jo Yoon Hee for pulling such heartrending performances for three weeks straight). Her tears were my tears, I sobbed with her and for her.

Call me sadistic, but I actually enjoyed seeing DJ's outburst of frustration in the car because it showed how much YS meant for him. My heart ached for him but the rational part of me saw it as another milestone of how much DJ has changed from someone who's emotionless to the man who he is right now (the man didnt even shed a single tear when he divorced his wife). And I love how YS played a huge part in creating a better version of himself (tho I am worried if his situation with YS does not improve, he will revert back to his old self). So yes, my heart was shredded into pieces seeing DJ looked so broken and defeated, but it is with a satisfaction of knowing his feeling for YS is so deep and so true. 

@valzki, I am also suspecting that only GJ has the power to break the current impasse between DJ & YS. Because it was her who has convinced YS that not only she's not good enough for DJ but also being with her may cost him his life or livelihood, I see that GJ's the only one who can break YS from her state of fear induced paralyzed mind. This maybe the only way to redeem GJ's character, so I hope this is where the writer is gonna take us to.

Lastly, as much as I hate the cliche of DJ finding YS' life in danger and had to rescue her, I'll take any crumbs that I could get at this moment. If the only way to send YS back to DJ's embrace is through near death experience, so be it. I'll support this whole-heartedly, kdrama cliche be damn! (Yes, I am that desperate for my OTP, haha).

It's going to be another long week, but I will just hold on to the sliver of happiness that I got from my otp (aka their hug) to keep me sane. I'll take the fact that they used TP's upbeat trot song as the ending song as a sign of better things to come. Until then, I will just murder the replay button for that hug scene, heh.

Dear @bajing those are things that I really want to say but couldn't find the words to describe them. Yours are so SPOT ON your essays up there will be bookmarked so i can read them when i feel desperate longing for the next ep LOL. Omooo thank you for the "ninja skill" compliment I also feel the same way, there is hope for our OTP in the next episodes...

6 hours ago, rubie said:

January 8, 2017

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" set record of 35.1%

"The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" set a record again this weekend.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" rated 35.1%.

Yeaaay...35.1%!! Thanks to 4 couples that make this possible...I think we covers all age area here...50s (SD-SN), 40s (TP-DS), 30s (DJ-YS) and 20s (TY-HW) so every family members can watch this drama together and ship their fav couple:heart:

3 hours ago, effyisme said:

@bajing You are NOT ALONE!! I have already murdered my replay function since last night for the HUG scene between DJ and YS!!  I really LOVE that scene as I can feel DJ's emotions and can you see how tight he HUGGED YS?!??!?! :wub: I also loved the scene where he touched her face and then checked her hand and then HUGGED her again!! Awww... 

And yes to the scene where DJ was venting his anger in the car after YS's cruel rejection towards him :tears: I can see why she is so reluctant as she doesn't want to go against an elder's wishes just for her happiness.. It maybe for some other people with stronger character but definitely not for someone with a less strong character.. 

Actually I also assassinated my replay function for the last scene where DJ as saving YS especially how he protected her from the flames..

I really love TY's middleman interference in their relationship as well as he does play a crucial role in explaining DJ and YS emotions back to each of them.. Next comes TP who is perfect as well... 

Yesss loooove TY! Back then he was the one who first make DJ-YS realize that they like each other....and this time he clarify the real matter to DJ, the main reason why YS leave DJ is not because she didn't love him but instead because she loves him so much she doesnt want him to get hurt.

3 hours ago, peggygordon said:

I'm really happy for the ratings progress especially for Saturday shows. I though the ratings will drop since another drama "Goblin" which has the same time slot getting more interesting (I follow Goblin too and again i love the second lead story :phew:). Congrats to Wolgyesu team for 35,1% new record rating. Let's pray for 40% rating! :innocent:

Yes i hope Ra Miran's and Soo Young's wish on KBS Drama Award comes true...40% rating :heart:

My 1 suspicion is this....

Headaches and mild-dementia is common in early pregnancy too...it will be so beautiful if SN is pregnant instead of having brain tumour. Because she is in menopause age, maybe she didn't pay much attention to her menstrual period...well, just my two cents! (Desperately want 4 couples to be happy...)

Kinda sad....10 more eps...really enjoy the togetherness of all chingus here, you really cheer up my life! *group huggggg*

5 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Yes I agree with you that both HW and Ms. Ko saw sincerity and goodness in TY:). In the beginning, Ms. Ko considered TY and JY gold diggers but TY has proved otherwise. Ms. Ko has been "won over" by TY's honesty, sincerity and cuteness:). I don't think she would object to her daughter's marriage even when she hears the truth of the past TY and JY's relationship. Ms. Ko would be mad at first and feels she's been betrayed. But she should be "easily" convinced because she has seen almost all the good qualities in TY. I am sure HW will be the first to defend TY saying he has on numerous occasions tried to tell her the identity of the woman he used to date.

Although TY and JY were poor, JY managed to "make it" by becoming an announcer. TY is still doing part-time jobs while trying to pursue a modelling career. JY tries very hard to hide her background. TY, other hand, is open and makes no attempt to hide his.

JY broke off with TY in order to pursue HS, a rich man. TY was hesitant to continue his relationship with HW after finding out who she really was. HW pointed out to her brother the fact he might be dumped if he becomes poor in episode 40.

JY schemes and is sly. She ordered porridge and a salad for Ms. Ko and pass them off as dishes she made herself instead of taking time and making an effort to make/cook them. TY has no hidden agenda and is always himself whenever he interacts with Ms. Ko and HW. Both HW and Ms. Ko are attracted to the charms of the sea and consider TY's hometown a heavenly resort:) with delicious handmade and home cooked food.

JY is insecure and has less confidence in her relationship with HS. Conversely, TY exudes confidence and faith in his relationship with HW and Ms. Ko:).

Ms. Ko is often portrayed as a "natural Blur" in this drama but she does have the final say when important decisions are concerned. In episode 40, her yelling brought the two couples to a standstill:).

Sorry to sidetrack a little. My favorite SD and SN scene is the one where SN was pretending to be GJ and was trying to write a letter of apology to Ms. Ko. She had problems writing some of the words SD was dictating I had actually thought she was doing it on purpose. She might have hoped SD gets frustrated and grabs the pen from her to finish the letter on her behalf:). I hope her health scare is not serious and will have a happy ending with SD.

10 minutes ago, delphinium8593 said:

Sorry i cut your post, I just watched the subbed ep 40 and found out that GJ is still not giving her approval of DJ-YS, I cheer up a bit when DJ said "i rather be single for the rest of my life than to be reunited with her to be CEO again. What's money and position if you're not happy" Ommaa pls listen to your son's pleaa :phew:

Sorry to have missed your post @delphinium8593. Yes! I love how DJ told her mom honestly how he felt as he could tell his mom has been swayed and manipulated by HJ's efforts to convince her to ask DJ to return to Meesa and her side:sweatingbullets:.

I can understand why GJ was against TP and DS dating in the beginning. He was unemployed and his appearance turned her off too. The money DS stole from GJ to give to TP for his album investment also complicated things for him. GJ is now singing to a different tune seeing how successful TP is slowly becoming.

YS on the other hand, is a decent girl who has been around the Lee's and the tailor shop. It was mean of GJ to kick YS out knowing she has nowhere else to go. YS only had in mind to source for a live-in position at a place faraway from Seoul. Thus she ended up in that strawberry farm and was clearly appalled at the condition of the room she is allowed to use.

I think MS will tell his wife about his eyes' condition and make her change her mind about DJ and YS's relationship.

Hi guys. Just watched ep 39 and 40 subbed, and I must say I enjoyed the episodes much better this week. Long comments ahead.

Shipping (personal opinion)
Personally I dislike this term. I don't know why. Maybe it's how they're used? I just do. It's this term, and another I came upon on YouTube yesterday, which is 'stan'. But I have come to realization that these are official term used to describe relationships and support, and that it is normal for any drama/tv series' viewers to go sailing on a ship. With their favourite couple. And/or celebrities.

TY-HW
I was not happy with this couple when they first started, but they just grew on me. There are times when I felt like HW is being suffocating, but I like how TY reacts to her advances, especially in recent episodes. He's a really nice person, and HW is really adorable. So that works. I understand @bajing@rainbowcake0827, @pinkdicentra comments on this couple too, especially since TY-HW and DJ-YS looked like they don't belong in the same drama. I'd feel so happy/cheesy with a stupid smile on my face while watching TY-HW-related scenes, then suddenly I'm feeling bad/sad for DJ-YS-related scenes. Oy writers! You think I'm bipolar?! I can't enjoy the drama if I have to switch opposite moods too quickly and frequently!!
@valzki I haven't seen that many kissing scenes in K-dramas, but I thought their final kissing scene in ep 40 was nicely done, especially when they separate a bit, then went in for more. TBH I didn't even realise the fireworks in the background.
@natkat aww don't feel that way, seriously. I think everyone on this forum genuinely likes this drama and (almost) all the characters. They said what they said because they want a better progression/growth for TY-HW, so take that from their posts, instead of feeling like they're hating on this couple. Shipping competition should be left at...the piers. And tween forums. I still cannot understand this concept. Shipping competition (´д`、)
Conclusion: I don't like HW wanting to marry TY quickly for such a silly motive, and I like his responses to her requests thus far. He's really mature, so he'd be good for her. Both TY and HW are straightforward, not ambitious, and would settle for what makes them happy as @dekaron commented. I don't really feel surprised when the teacher exam plot came into the story line, though. It suits his personality. The proposal at the end of ep 40 wasn't a marriage proposal, and based on TY's stand on the topic, I'm confused at the scenes shown for ep 41. Is TY modelling for a wedding photographer? Will have to wait and see before I comment further on this couple's progression

HS-JY
I agree with @sava2sava here, since I think HS WILL lose his position and power, and JY will do a 180 on him. Based on his dialogue for these past 2 episodes, I am assured that they're both NOT in love with each other. Previously I thought there's a little love there, but now, nada. Both are in an insecure, dishonest relationship that will break apart like those cream crackers I dip in hot tea for...tea time.

DJ-YS
I started out feeling a little indifferent to their romantic story line, especially since I felt like DJ as a character was just feeling sympathy for YS, and YS was not projecting 'love' for him, but over time they grew on me too. And my room suddenly got too dusty while watching ep 39 and 40. I mean, there's a renovation work going on just outside my room, so must be from there ha! @bajing, @effyisme the hugging scene was really nicely done! I did not murder any buttons though, replay or otherwise. I feel sorry for GJ too, since we all can really see where her words are coming from. From a genuine, loving mother's heart. A greedy one, but a mother's heart, nonetheless. I enjoy seeing TP, TY and SD supporting DJ-YS, so that's a bonus.

TP-DS
@sk0317 @valzki I am glad for TP too. I liked how his character has progressed, despite them not having that much screen time compared to the two main couples. Also, I too don't think DS lying for TP regarding their marriage is a good idea. Dong Sook-ah, he's not a young, debuting idol. He's coming back with trot. People will like him whether he's married or single.

SD-SN
Disclaimer: I don't hate these characters, but...HOW did they win "Best Couple Award"? People really enjoy their story line? They have some good moments when they're on each others' side, but otherwise I felt like they're both better on their own. And divorce is a huge issue, but feels so trivial with these two. I joked about SN having some typical K-drama illness in my c-strips, but after ep 40, I think it's not something serious. Especially since she's reacting to the news of "possible illnesses" really strongly. I WILL be surprised if it is something really bad.

HJ
Whatever. Her ears really don't work. Or maybe the word 'no' has been uninstalled from her brain. And she's rude. If I were Ms. Ko, phew...Ungrateful, fully grown children must be taught a lesson. Stamping her cheek with my handprint whenever she talks back in raised volume for starters.

That's all for now. Apologies if I offended anyone with my comments.

@sk0317 @delphinium8593

Oh YES!! I forgot to mention the scene where DJ was talking to his mum in the kitchen.. I thought it was nicely played out especially when DJ told his mum how YS has changed him and now he is a happier man.. That was the main point all this while!! Well done!!

Based on the preview, HJ seems shocked and unhappy when MS and GJ mentioned that DJ is with YS (I guess this scene must have happened the next day after DJ rescued YS from the horrible fire..) I hope GJ will now fully realized that DJ cannot live without YS as she is his elixir :wub:  I also caught DJ saying to TP that he is sick and tired of living (I guess this was after he sent YS to the hospital and returned home looking all weary and exhausted).. He almost lost the love of his life!!

@wizuwizu Me too... I never knew where the term "shipping" came from when I started hanging out in forums a year back.. I was literally scratching my head HAHAHA!!

13 hours ago, pinkdicentra said:

@Lmangla Love this motto, I'm going to be adopting it for the rest of the drama. Not going to care about how the writing goes anymore. I'll just be grateful to the drama gods for LDG's face, whether he's crying or laughing, for the remaining weeks until he goes MIA again (amen). pray-smiley-face.gif?1302011408

I don't trust myself. Watch me come back and rant . . .

LOL.. @pinkdicentra ~ I keep telling myself that I should ignore all the changes that the writer made to the yun shil storyline but every now and then, it drives me nuts! and then I can't help but rant! hahahaha... so yea, I am going to actively pursue the no thinking while watching motto  banned2-smiley-face.gif?1302011310 which means more snarky comments rather than being objective.

6 hours ago, pinkdicentra said:

I just came from reading a slew of Naver comments where there are 90% bashing of the writing (and DJ-YS couple), despite the increase in ratings.

am not surprised! hahaha.. so the writer's previous work I watched was hundred years inheritance and basically the second half was pretty much "what the ?????" reactions every week. soon the thread pretty much gave up discussing seriously (since it really wasn't possible with such a crazy plot) and went for snark. it was a giggle fest every week. kekekeke!

is anyone disappointed that there isn't a birth secret in this drama? hahahah... am not sure why but I am missing that! LOL....

6 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Hi @Lmangla. After YS poured and spilled some kerosene on the floor, she was seen popping a few pills before her lady boss came to give her a flask of ginger tea. Instead of ginger tea, I wish the lady boss would have the boiler repaired, the room cleaned and an exhaust with a ventilating fan installed. Did you notice a table tap near the kerosene heater has some black vinyl tape over it? Dust is cited as the cause of most fire over here and we are often advised to unplug the power cord and clean it with a dry cloth occasionally.

Kerosene does give off a strong and distinctive odor. YS could have been feeling drowsy from the medication and from inhaling carbon monoxide from the fire, making her unable to react to the surroundings:sweatingbullets:.

kekekke... thanks @sk0317 for the info on what it should be like in real life. kekeke... but I still think it is pretty hilarious that someone from the farm couldn't just rescue her. no, she needed a guy to drive down x kms, navigate traffic jams and land there perfectly in time to rescue her. LOL. ah, the magic of dramaland. in real life, she would have been rescued by an old man at the farm, dong jin would have landed in the hospital and she would have got lectures for not knowing how to handle a kerosene lamp. hahahahah... but am glad for the heater company that the writer decided to use yun shil's stupidity as the cause for fire. otherwise, the PR would have a field day defending their product....

Archived