[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jimb said:

So who is this "Mr. Kang" Juran is going to meet? 

Are we in "Birth Secret" territory.

And why isn't YJ showing more curiosity about potential links between Han team leader and Han stockholder?

Where did Mr. Choi, who services the Board of Directors and recruited Mr. Han/ team leader for YJ, find this Han?

@jimb Has this 'Mr. Kang' been mentioned in previous episodes before and I do wonder if he is related to KDY...

Is Mr. Choi 'one better' than YJ and hooked him up with the new team leader Han (who could be related to the Mr. Han who holds a majority of the Bonjour shares) to find out what YJ's really after in the company?

Do we now have the onset of the watchamaycallit - line (love? conspiracy?) between SW and YJ?

Juran will continue to press to meet SW's parents, which can't happen because her parent is SA. Also, the Real Lee Sera will begin buzzing around Bonjour in ep. 121. SW is in danger of losing not only her "relationship" with DT but her job at Bonjour as well.

Now come SW's big ears to the rescue. In episode 121, she learns that Juran's days are numbered and that YJ is numbering them. She can continue to string Juran along until it makes no difference. SW also has YJ by the whatever, so she at the very least retains her job and perhaps can demand much more. For starters, in the interim before YJ seizes control of Bonjour, SW could demand that YJ fie DY in exchange for not tipping off Juran.

And why wouldn't SW pursue YJ in some fashion? She notches former DY boyfriend. Absent Juran, DT's value to SW is zero. YJ, in his pursuit of DY, has shown much passion, verve and reckless intensity. YJ has shown zero interest in her background and probably will admire SW's grift when it is revealed.

By comparison, DT can barely bring himself to meet SW's eyes. As SW has observed repeatedly re DT's encounters with DY, DT is hardly a raging volcano of passion even when he is most inspired.

The only downside for SW is that her ability to blackmail YJ expires when he takes over Bonjour. SW therefore needs to put some effort into actually attracting YJ.

@sk0317  Asked whether Team Leader Han is a ploy by Choi to find out what YJ is really up to.

LOL.  Notice that Mr. Choi's co-conspirator demeanor was totally absent in ep. 120 AND he suddenly recalled his doubts about the China venture.

Mr. Choi does seem like a rat preparing to leap from the Good Ship YJ.

Jimb's episode recaps have just the right amount of "snarkiness". Also "Thrashing about" is just so apropos to the scenes involving YJ's family and little GJ's birth mother. It's describes those scenes perfectly and makes me smile everytime  I read it as opposed to the negative feelings I get watching the actual scenes. It's the best description since soompi members took to calling second the love interest in "Samsaeng a TV Novel"  "Wood Boy".:P:)

11 hours ago, sk0317 said:
12 hours ago, sgfan said:

It must be really tiring being one of the writers. I can imagine having to tweak the screenplay of every single episode so that at the end of the 40 minutes, someone gets to do the bug eye

We're defintely annoyed by all these "cliffhangers" aren't we? The series could've ended today if not for the extension. Frankly, I don't really want to speculate or guess what happens next anymore. Just taking whatever comes as it has gotten too lengthy and tiresome. I will still share if I think of something :)

LOL. I hope the bug eye does not become one of the permanent features of any of the writers at the end of the whole drama:sweatingbullets:.

Exactly! The series could have ended today:( but what have we got? Another 30 more episodes to go. Sigh. The novelty and initial excitement we had for TUF have certainly worn off in many ways due to its extension and a plot that is sadly lame and stagnant.

Yes after eps 120 ‘the bug eye’ is still going strong.   hahaha  I wonder whether PDnim considers ‘the bug eye’ at the end of each episode  as his trade mark with TUF??     BTW  Yes when I saw bling/bling GEH IG  my eyes turned into ‘the bug eye’ too  :lol:    Where is DT’s happy smile…   :( 

sKhDVMh.jpg

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm just curious as to whether DT and SW actually get engaged, get married, have actual intimate relations, mostly because I don't think they're the end game still, but I'm a little curious how far these writers will push it before splitting them up. But, not too curious because I have a hard time caring about these characters. Also, since I don't have faith in these writer's ability to tell a good story, but they are good at designing hook endings, so pretty sure that SA is not going to do anything in the next episode. Nor will CJ actually do anything with his suspicions about SW. *shrug*

I like what you said ‘… a little curious …not too curious…’    We all have mixed feelings about this drama by now.   care not  then care a little??  dumm dumm   Well I feel our writers know we are thoroughly exhausted and can’t stand by SW’s fakery  so they made SW as the main bait to hook us.  We can’t walk away from the drama now when  we sense SW’s demise approaching, with the reappearance of LSR and KC on the stage. However it’s true the road to SW’s demise might be long and slow.   Still my helpless brain couldn’t help wondering so I’m lingering around TUF a bit longer??   :cold_sweat:  

this is sad  . why MS wants a  divorce.

convo between MS/JR

JR-since the engagement between DT/SR is on the table,please think  about  what  SR parents would think if we divorced. I'd like  to ask you to change your mind.

MS- that won't happen.

JR- you're acting like this  because of that woman,aren't you?

MS -listen to me. the reason I want a  divorce has nothing to do with  her..

JR- then  why is it? I can't think of another reason  then her.

MS- I felt useless the whole time I lived with you.

JR- what are  you talking  about?

MS-- you always  had me  do whatever  you wanted, you  ignored all  my opinions,even when it came to  our children. As time  went by  ,I felt miserable,I lost  all self-confidence. I was  nothing  but someone to  run the company in your place. I was nothing  more or less than that.

JR_ nonsense ,I never thought of you like that .

MS--- it lasted  for 30 years .How would you  know the  humiliation i  felt for 30 years ? Please let me live as Seol Min Suk instead of Jung Joo Ran's husband.

JR---- NO, I won't let you do that. I still love  you, i don't  want  you to leave . honey   there were  good times.I'll try harder.we can go back  to when things used to be good,please.

MS--- I'm sorry, but  i don't think this  will work for me. it pains me to see you  suffer  because of me. so, lets end it now

Plan A for SW might be to throw in with her fellow grifter, YJ.

But SW might also have a Plan B:  Take what she overheard YJ and Mr. Kim to Juran.  Forewarned, Juran is able to save her job.  YJ is purged from the Sul household.  Juran is so grateful to SW for saving her hash that, when SW admits her false identity, Juran forgives her. 

SW enlists the Real Lee Sera to put Juran in touch with Mr. Lee.  They negotiate a deal for Bonjour to handle Mr. Lee's new line of cosmetics.  Juran is happy.

While  SW confesses that she is not "Lee Sera," she never confesses that she is related to SA or DY, perhaps claiming that she is the only child of dead parents.

By the way, Real Lee Sera is a refreshingly sane and pleasant character.  The writers should rewrite her character into a continuing role in TUF.  They could do (indeed, have done) worse.

What if Mr. Kang is very wealthy and is associated with the country Kangs via a birth secret? 

What if he feels guilty for his neglect of the country Kangs and vows to make it up to them?

What if Juran really needs something from Mr. Kang?  Like a major stock purchase to save her job?

There would be a major reshuffling of the privilege deck.

Juran would have to learn to be nicer to DY and (gag, choke) SA.

SW would have an interesting dilemma:  Would she continue to pursue the Suls using her false identity, or would she claim the riches which are her birthright?   Could SW endure the universal disgust which "pivoting" to claim her birthright would inspire?

I tuned in yesterday, after some absence.  Very frustrating to watch this show now!

While I hope to see SW get humilated, poor DT also does not deserve this wishy-washy DY.  It's too late for him to have another girl friend and future wife! 

@jimb, you said the " Real Lee Sera is a refreshingly sane and pleasant character."... wah, I have to see that.  I remember her as being someone who talks to others in a very condescending manner and hid behind others in her illegal activity.  Hopefully she's sane enough to oust stupid March!

And that stupid little child is so rude and why isn't she being disciplined?  Is her mother really dying? She seems healthier than before and still trying to keep her place in the family.  So since she is staying there now, she did agree to the divorce (that was one of the terms, right?).  So she's just a guest but acting like she has the right to be offended that GJ has come to live with them.  GJ is the future.  She's the so-over past!  

3 hours ago, anbud said:

this is sad  . why MS wants a  divorce.

convo between MS/JR

JR-since the engagement between DT/SR is on the table,please think  about  what  SR parents would think if we divorced. I'd like  to ask you to change your mind.

MS- that won't happen.

JR- you're acting like this  because of that woman,aren't you?

MS -listen to me. the reason I want a  divorce has nothing to do with  her..

JR- then  why is it? I can't think of another reason  then her.

MS- I felt useless the whole time I lived with you.

JR- what are  you talking  about?

MS-- you always  had me  do whatever  you wanted, you  ignored all  my opinions,even when it came to  our children. As time  went by  ,I felt miserable,I lost  all self-confidence. I was  nothing  but someone to  run the company in your place. I was nothing  more or less than that.

JR_ nonsense ,I never thought of you like that .

MS--- it lasted  for 30 years .How would you  know the  humiliation i  felt for 30 years ? Please let me live as Seol Min Suk instead of Jung Joo Ran's husband.

JR---- NO, I won't let you do that. I still love  you, i don't  want  you to leave . honey   there were  good times.I'll try harder.we can go back  to when things used to be good,please.

MS--- I'm sorry, but  i don't think this  will work for me. it pains me to see you  suffer  because of me. so, lets end it now

@anbud  Thanks for translation and JR is a dumb woman to it have realized how she always undermined his authority. He makes a decision she would always change his decision to suit her. That is why , she isn't a good business woman. She has no idea someone is taking over her own company because she thinks she is smarter than everyone. 

4 hours ago, booha said:

Yes after eps 120 ‘the bug eye’ is still going strong.   hahaha  I wonder whether PDnim considers ‘the bug eye’ at the end of each episode  as his trade mark with TUF??     BTW  Yes when I saw bling/bling GEH IG  my eyes turned into ‘the bug eye’ too  :lol:    Where is DT’s happy smile…   :( 

sKhDVMh.jpg

I like what you said ‘… a little curious …not too curious…’    We all have mixed feelings about this drama by now.   care not  then care a little??  dumm dumm   Well I feel our writers know we are thoroughly exhausted and can’t stand by SW’s fakery  so they made SW as the main bait to hook us.  We can’t walk away from the drama now when  we sense SW’s demise approaching, with the reappearance of LSR and KC on the stage. However it’s true the road to SW’s demise might be long and slow.   Still my helpless brain couldn’t help wondering so I’m lingering around TUF a bit longer??   :cold_sweat: 

Hello @booha Hope you are feeling better. there

The bug-eye look, wrist-grabbing caveman style, screeching & screaming, water splashing, slapping and 'I won't let it slide' are just some of the trademark and highlights of this drama.

I do wonder if the writers are worried TUF's ratings will start to fall should they kill off the SW character too soon? SW might be their main meal ticket that draws a wide audience.

@jimb I agree that it would be a breadth of fresh air fan should the writers decide to build up the real LSR character. Anyone could be made redeemable in TUF, so why not LSR? She could be fastidious and a petulant woman in the past, but why not give her character a remake to challenge the other women for DT's attention, love and affection Yes ? Her reappearance certainly has a purpose in this drama. Why not step up her game and let her expose SW's identity thus winning JR and maybe DT's confidence and hearts in the end? Or GP decides to give the Mogul Lee a call informing him of the engagement. Since the real LSR claims she has not made up with her father, he decides to fly in to surprise his daughter at the party. But to his astonishment, instead of his daughter, he finds SW the imposter and he throws a fit thus exposing her real identity.

JR noticed the hostility between SW and YJ. Do you think YJ will invite SW on his 'gravy train' should SW find some incriminating evidence against YJ from overhearing the conversation between him and president Kim?

25 minutes ago, sgfan said:

While we wait for tonight's episode, here's a photo of SJH and LSA. Btw, any of you think the engagement party of DT/SW may be held at the same time as BHS's China office opening ceremony? 

flower@sgfan  Nice to see SJH and LSA smiling. I can't wait to see DT return to his usual cheerful disposition. Too many sad, unpleasant and unfortunate events surrounding the duo of late.:sweatingbullets:

Considering the engagement is such a big event for her first son and the woman touted as the Second Coming cum possible heiress to Felmont, JR would want all her family members present along with her business associates. However, if YJ is able to come up with an irrefutable excuse for the grand opening of their China branch office to be held on the same day (citing fengshui or an order from the Chinese authorities for the license to run the business to take effect, etc), YJ alone might be permitted to travel for its opening ceremony.

1 hour ago, sk0317 said:

Episode 122's Preview:

Looks like SW found YJ's memory stick containing the China branch office's dealings? And CJ has decided to tell his brother the woman he used to date was SW...

I found the episode to be boring in general :( 

True enough, DY stopped SA from talking to DT in the BHS lobby scene. Why! :angry: She better has a plan the the road to expose SW. Otherwise, she does not deserve DT at all. I sound like a broken record but I really hope DY will be the one to expose SW's lies, instead of the other potential characters. Must we wait for her to find out that SW is pursuing DT only for his money? I want her to fight for DT regardless of SW's true feelings.

On the bright side, CJ knows the truth now and looks like he will tell YJ. YJ and SW will blackmail each other for sure.

Both SW and YJ now have something on each other:lol:. LSR is frank and has an open mind. She didn't even try to hide or hold back anything when CJ asked her about the property owner of the apartment and some details about SW.:lol:

Archived