[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@Farfalle Thank you for that information about the PD. I'm a bit shocked to realize that. It's not official, but with your line of reasoning, it does make sense. There might be a lot more going on behind the WGM scene than we knew. However, I do wonder what could lead to that? it seems to me that Eric-Solar was very well received even domestically (among viewers I mean, not their fans), so I can't fathom the PD being fired/replaced due to the lack of success.

4 hours ago, Farfalle said:

I want to share my opinion too about this, chingu. And yeah, it's just an opinion, so feel free to disagree :) After reading many MAMAMOO fan accounts, I think most of them don't like the program itself, which is well-known to public as "forced/scripted" (although we know that's not 100% true from the interviews). So they don't like Solar to be casted in a "bad" program. They acknowledge that WGM makes MAMAMOO more popular though. The second is Solar's workload, like you know she's the member who has the most individual schedule in MAMAMOO. Adding that with MAMAMOO schedule, the fans are anxious for her health. And yes, there's a bit about possessiveness, but I think it's in minority, because many MAMAMOO fans are actually happy that Eric is Solar's virtual husband and they also like to see MAMAMOO interaction with other groups, including boy groups.  They like to see the girls become "social", because they've seen MAMAMOO herself said that they're not that close with other groups back then.

I will try to explain my view as best I can and hopefully it gets across. I also have read some accounts and their opinions as well (even though my Korean level is nowhere near yours), and I formed my own opinion from there, not from viewing this with rose-tinted glasses. I can see the reasoning they give out, and I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, it does. However,I paid attention to the tone and the attitude that they are carrying, and that's when i began to think this

5 hours ago, enko20 said:

Looking out for their group's well-being is just an excuse they use to justify all of these...things that they are doing.

There's nothing wrong with worrying for Solar's workload or health or happiness, but... when they are doing things like giving out gifts and make banners to celebrate, it tells me there's a deeper animosity that's been building up inside them waiting to burst out, whether it be toward WGM or Eric himself. Also, when you say that majority of them are glad to see Eric as Solar husband, I'm sorry I have to disagree. First, most of them don't even follow WGM to know if Eric is actually treating Solar well or not, and even if they do, they won't believe what they see since like you said, the popular belief is that WGM is "scripted/forced".Secondly, while they would love to see the girls become more social, I don't believe that they would love to see the girls being involved romantically with someone else (Remember, I'm talking about Korean fans here, not international. We have different trains of thoughts)

To me, the attitude that they are carrying is more of like "I'm glad she's no longer involved with Eric" rather than "I'm glad Solar workload is decrease". It is the same for the Nampyeons, perhaps even worse. They will go on social media and say that "Oh we are just worried that Eric has too much on his plate, and we are looking out for him", but do you take that as the gospel? There's an aspect of hatred/being possessive that goes behind those words, no matter how much you want to view them positively. This is why we forever have had a International vs Korean fan war on this issue. Most of us have an "if they are happy, we are happy" approach, while for most Koreans, it's more like "if we are happy, then they can/must be happy", and nothing they say will convince me otherwise, not when they are popping balloons and sending out gifts in celebration of a "divorce".

TL,DR - Their motives are more for personal benefits rather than out of selfless concern for their idols.

----
And if you need an evidence that this mentality is also spreading out toward international fans, look no further than this:

Spoiler

We really aren't any better, are we?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, enko20 said:

I will try to explain my view as best I can and hopefully it gets across. I also have read some accounts and their opinions as well (even though my Korean level is nowhere near yours), and I formed my own opinion from there, not from viewing this with rose-tinted glasses. I can see the reasoning they give out, and I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, it does. However,I paid attention to the tone and the attitude that they are carrying, and that's when i began to think this

There's nothing wrong with worrying for Solar's workload or health or happiness, but... when they are doing things like giving out gifts and make banners to celebrate, it tells me there's a deeper animosity that's been building up inside them waiting to burst out, whether it be toward WGM or Eric himself. Also, when you say that majority of them are glad to see Eric as Solar husband, I'm sorry I have to disagree. First, most of them don't even follow WGM to know if Eric is actually treating Solar well or not, and even if they do, they won't believe what they see since like you said, the popular belief is that WGM is "scripted/forced".Secondly, while they would love to see the girls become more social, I don't believe that they would love to see the girls being involved romantically with someone else (Remember, I'm talking about Korean fans here, not international. We have different trains of thoughts)

To me, the attitude that they are carrying is more of like "I'm glad she's no longer involved with Eric" rather than "I'm glad Solar workload is decrease". It is the same for the Nampyeons, perhaps even worse. They will go on social media and say that "Oh we are just worried that Eric has too much on his plate, and we are looking out for him", but do you take that as the gospel? There's an aspect of hatred/being possessive that goes behind those words, no matter how much you want to view them positively. This is why we forever have had a International vs Korean fan war on this issue. Most of us have an "if they are happy, we are happy" approach, while for most Koreans, it's more like "if we are happy, then they can be happy", and nothing they say will convince me otherwise, not when they are popping balloons and sending out gifts in celebration of a "divorce".

I totaly agree on this!

Edited by xhigh grnd
To long
  • Like 7

@erinmaison I'm pretty sure it's not just you as well :tears: Poor Yong Sun, even when she smiles, her eyes still looks so sad huhuhu T_T

Somehow this suddenly reminded me of how she said that no matter how sad she was, she would fake a laugh over and over again until she feels like she could truly laugh again. I don't know how am I going to survive the coming Saturdays, sigh.

• Like 8

So after see this video and getting rollercoaster emotion now I feeling MAD to they who called her 'LOYAL FANS' ughhh.. They post the video happily and resist the reality that their idol is so obviously looked SAD, SOUL LESS and HAVE SWOLLEN EYES.. Even non fans see it and asked them whats happen to Solar, and they only said that she's TIRED.. So they only see what they want to see and RESIST reality"!!!! Grahhhhh!!! Sorry for my ranting, I dont know any place to place my emotion right now chinguuus...

• Like 8

OMG!! her latest video upload, she talked about their comeback tomorrow. She's thankful coz moomoos waited for their album, and i guess for supporting. ( with my little korean knowldge, correct me chingus if I'm wrong). Can someone sub it now? ( please) 

She sound really sad though and not the usual YEBA we know. :-( 
what happened to their last filming?! Why is she like that?!

She tried to be cheerful but still failed big time. :cry:

• Like 10

I feel you guys. All of it :(

I want to write. I want to rant. I want to let it all out. I told myself I wouldn't let myself be this emotionally invested in a couple since Adam - But well, things happen. *sigh*

I think I'm going to write something to pass the weeks until their last episode. A catarthic exercise, if you may call it. @enko20, you're still going to post the last part of your article right? :)

• Like 7

@loconeko91_stv It might just make me feel even more sour, but I'm curious to read these comments for Solar's memory video :vicx::vicx::vicx: Mind providing a link? What Solar has on her face seems a little more than just tired, don't deny it. I'm just really angsty for this last episode now :tears:

@enko20 kjhkjhkhk You summarized what I was thinking so well; a lot of fans will chalk up any excuse to have their idols back, even if it's denying what is really clear to a lot of other people. You'll see what you want to see; we as fans should be wary of our biases as well, I think that's a good thing to learn from all this. It's also why I appreciated the forum conversations that were happening a while ago here, to not get too delulu when Solar and Eric had couply moments. Things are more realistic and better that way. 

Gaahhhh it's been 2 days, but this empty feeling is still here :( I also underestimated how invested I got. Saturday, pls hurry up and come...

• Like 4

Yes I will, @Le_Sanguinea, though I am writing all of it with a heavy heart :( But don't worry, the post itself will be a lot positive than my mood for sure. I can't wait to see what you have to share.

I just can't bring myself to finish that Solar's video really. I started watching for a while and had to stop. I thought she would compose herself to put on a bright smile for her Moomoos, but she couldn't even though she was trying. She kept stuttering and looking down and away, ugh my heart :heartbreak: And to think she was so,so happy after the filming before this one...

• Like 6

@coolbrattyro agree with you, draw draw & draw is my fav song in their album and I was listening it while stalking the hashtag event in twitter, so I got curious abt the trans and when I found it, it feels like the song is written for ddongie. And solar lines matched so well

Tbh those moomoos and namnation that actually watch their stint are getting annoyed as well with those other moomoos and namnation that are celebrating to the max abt their departure, cause they know how much eric and solar enjoy each others company

• Like 6

guys.

first of all, i agreed with all of you that she looked less-energetic and sad on that video. but i just saw the video's comment section and lots of korean fans start commenting and few of them also replied to the english comments about eric. not that i try to stop you doing this thing, but i think it's better for us to not commenting about eric on the video, because (my bad) i posted a link which provided by K-moomoo who usually always uploaded their stage/tv appearance/videos etc so probably every K-moos and I-moos would go to that channel first to watch the video. if we keep commenting about eric, it's like adding fuel into fire that can lead them to hate wgm even more. and it can be read by LOTS of moos, even by those who doesn't even care about this before.

also i don't want them to label us as delu or whatever eventhough we speak the fact that she looked MORE than just tired, being calm, or confused because it was the first video on fancafe.

thus i already edited the link above so maybe you can watch it there or if you want to talk really bad about how she looked sad etc you can state it on the comment of that video. and if there is another link (maybe the subbed version which uploaded by Intl fans) i'll edit it again.  i do this because we already have some troubles with int moomoos dealing with these wgm things, i don't want us to get in trouble with kmoomoos also.

i'm sorry because i was in a rush to share the video with you guys and that was the only link who provide the full cut at the time i posted it. CHEEEEERS:blush:

------------------EDIT

oh after reading your replies, maybe it's true that the owner deleted all the comments which related to eric. well i'm not surprised tho

• Like 11

I have been watching the comment section of the video and it seems every comment that has mentioned Eric gets deleted. I don't know if the person who originally posted the comment deleted or is it just the channel owner. This is very sad and disturbing to me, like comments are being filtered and only a small a mount of thoughts are harvested. 

@gureentea I agree with your point, although it sort of feels like we're giving up but fanwars never made anything better.

Spoiler

edit:

I hope you all can feel my sincerity when I ask this favour although I know some of you might not have tw that's okay but to those who do could you please retweet this. I know how angry and mad some of you are (I am too) but I think those moos are more receptive to neutral non-emotionally driven messages like this. thank you fam. 

• Like 8

I agree. As much as I would love to go on there and going to war against them, there is nothing to be gained from it. This is a mistake that has been made before with past couples and their shippers. There is no point arguing against the haters, its like talking to a wall. Nobody come out of it with anything, only the idols themselves suffer heartbreak seeing their fans fighting each other. (Guys, Eric can read English!!!)

If we need to rant, let's keep it among us so we can support each other *cue group hug*. It's best if we stick to supporting Eric and Solar, and let they themselves figure out what to do about this.

I really have no hope for these commenters. They are pulling a reverse 3 monkeys on us and Solar's feelings (can't talk/see/hear). They will put their common sense and intuition away to brainwash themselves that Solar is definitely not unhappy at all.Sigh :mellow:

• Like 13

If someone could  please post Mamamoo Memory video with sand art drawings from you tube. It appears to me to be Eric and Solar's story. Pictures of the girl with a crown of flowers (wedding), couple sharing a book, the guy laying down on a boat, the moon and sparkles in the sky. Please post and let me know what you guys think. 

• Like 5