[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

The angel line teaser really short and solar with rose...now i know why mbc cut the rose from eric scene cos it can give hint for this teaser :D

@Farfalle i don't know that the other mc is se chan brother and from @girlgroupzone i read that the first guest is IOI, i watch IOI weekly idol and they are funny.... i hope mmm will come again to WI

I read about that law too...

@enko20 well ddongi charm is their beagleness and i guess yongsun personality (not good showing skinship in front public) make the pd decide to highlight their hype and mukbang side 

• Like 3

Eric's Snapchat update:

Eric's November schedule!
https://www.facebook.com/notes/에릭남-eric-nam-news/에릭남-11월-스케줄-161031ver/1067365396709425

Spoiler
  • November 4th (Fri)  [Broadcast] PM 10:00 Law of the Jungle in Mongolia
  • November 5th (Sat)  [Broadcast] PM 04:50 MBC "We Got Married"
  • November 12th (Sat)  [Broadcast] PM 04:50 MBC "We Got Married"
  • November 12th (Sat) [Event] 응답하라, 이웃종교! Talkshow 
  • November 17th (Thu) [Other] Private Event Interview
  • November 19th (Sat)  [Broadcast] PM 04:50 MBC "We Got Married"
  • November 26th (Sat)  [Broadcast] PM 04:50 MBC "We Got Married"
  • November 27th (Sun)  [Other] Advertisement Shooting

-----

Solar's memo

Spoiler

Some of Solar's replies to MooMoos:

-----

Btw, I just edited my old post about the translation of wreath message from WGM staffs, since I just got the meaning of a slang word there minutes ago :sweatingbullets:

And I just realized that yesterday is our couple 7th month-versary! Hopefully they will continue to grow in the future as a couple! :D

Don't forget to vote Eric & MAMAMOO for 2016 MAMA, chingu! Especially MAMAMOO in "Best Vocal Performance" category, the gap is decreasing again! :unsure:

@Ira Ajja Really? Hope MAMAMOO will come to his show too, since it's about idols. And yes about MAMAMOO's appearance in Weekly Idol! :D 

• Like 9

Solar has been listening to Nancy Wilson the song called "I wish you love". Hmmm...... That's a song about a couple that could never be. Her heart is broken cause they could never be, but with all of this...I wish you love. SAD Song. Johnny Mathis has a slower version. Tears tears tears :( 

• Like 8

@Farfalle thanks for going back and editing that appreciate it! Chingu it always does this to me if asks me to authorise then ask for my phone number :( is there a mobile app you can vote through I want to vote through social media too. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_186.png

this was after I authorise my twitter it still asks me.... TT^TT HALPPP

@enko20 I often think about that interview too. Rather than getting mad at it I am thankful at times when the preview shows small scenes that weren't included. I'm not sure but there might be a higher up that the PD that gives the okay? or maybe it is the editor that's trying to sneak in some extra scenes for us. I'm still glad there is a snippet even though I don't get to see the full thing. If MBC ever decided to release random footage on their YT the fans would go crazy, they'd get more money from views ect but they don't how sad. TT^TT 

sidenote: one more teaser to go guys!!! 6.19! I thought it would have been released today 6.19am but no. anyone have fan theories? so far mine is the four are spies who are tracking down that one guy, they lure him out and then they take him in or kill him or something. Cause they're undercover secret agents! like I said before I don't mind the guy as long as it helps convey the message and vibe of the music video, he doesn't have to die like all the other moomoos predictions. 

I listened to Nancy Wilson's 'I wish you love' gosh it is so sad, ouch my heart.

• Like 6

@enko20 about 'eat and laugh' comment i'm sure it's cos the mukbang ep solar fake laugh really a hit...after i watch cao2 and sam2 i understand the viewers problem that they can't accept our yongsun personality or the fact that skinship in front public is embarassing for her...as ddongi fans we can understand her and still enjoy the show 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, oneworld143 said:

Solar has been listening to Nancy Wilson the song called "I wish you love". Hmmm...... That's a song about a couple that could never be. Her heart is broken cause they could never be, but with all of this...I wish you love. SAD Song. Johnny Mathis has a slower version. Tears tears tears :( 

It's a pretty sad song to a fairly happy tune, which I enjoy the complexity of. Lyrics are below for you all, and you can listen to Nancy Wilson's version here (unfortunately the one I found doesn't have all the lyrics), and Johnny Mathis' version here.

Spoiler

Goodbye, No use leading with our chins,
This is where our story ends,
Never lovers, ever friends.

Goodbye, Let our hearts call it a day,
But before you walk away,
I sincerely want to say:

I wish you bluebirds in the Spring,
To give your heart a song to sing;
And then a kiss, but more than this I wish you love.

And in July, a lemonade,
To cool you in some leafy glade;
I wish you health and more than wealth, I wish you love.
My breaking heart and I agree
That you and I could never be,
So with my best, my very best, I set you free.

I wish you shelter from the storm,
A cozy fire to keep you warm;
But most of all, when snowflakes fall,
I wish you love.

I wish you bluebirds in the Spring,
To give your heart a song to sing;
And then a kiss, but more than this I wish you love.

And in July, a lemonade,
To cool you in some leafy glade;
I wish you health and more than wealth, I wish you love.
My breaking heart and I agree
That you and I could never be,
So with my best, my very best, I set you free.

I wish you shelter from the storm,
A cozy fire to keep you warm;
But most of all, when snowflakes fall,
I wish you love.

*Ahem* but let's move past my habit of reading too much into song lyrics. 

Solar's Decalcomanie teaser is definitely the one I'm most excited for. Also, there seems to be a guy in the music video so... it's not too much to ask for some jealousy shenanigans again, is it? Ahh I don't want the Dubai episodes to end, but I'm also really really looking forward to the episode two weeks from now where they (hopefully) talk about the comeback. 

I'm leaning towards the spy theory for the MV, just because of that promo pic of them in all black, but I think I'm going to love it no matter what they do just because already the vocals and visuals look amazing.

I'm also having the same problem as @papaxmoo with voting, so if anyone can help me figure it out that would be great.

• Like 7

@Farfalle Yes I understand that they have to narrow it down from hours of footage, but it seems to me that they prioritize comedic scene over romantic scene for Ddongie couple. Not that they are doing a terrible job by any mean, but I'm saying that, perhaps them trying hard to force the idea that our couple is fun and easygoing sometimes rub certain viewers the wrong way. Nothing wrong with stuffs that make us laugh (they are our weekly dose of laughter for a reason), but at the end of the day, romance > comedy :)

Thanks for the re-translation (?) of MBC's flower wreath.

1 hour ago, oneworld143 said:

It's sad when you put it that way friend :( I wouldn't read too much into that though (for the sake of my own poor heart). Also I think you are new? Welcome to our thread :)

@papaxmoo Oh please don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. I just want to confirm something that I've been thinking.about. I guess when you put it that way, it does sounds like a good thing, but yes I have learned to not expect too much from previews since they tend to cut what they put in there (and even text preview too, I didn't even think they could do that).

About the YT vids thing, they have already done that for Bbyu couple with a bunch of unaired eps. That's why I'm lowkey wishing that they will do the same for Ddongie as well.

@Farfalle @Ira Ajja I actually have zero problems with the mukbang thing, chingus. I posted not long ago that them eating is a kind gesture Eric is doing for Solar, right? For other viewers, it might bug them a lot that our couple eat so much, because they don't understand why

@cinnaminskies Solar's payback time! Eric brought a female model to his MV? Solar about to bring her own male in, not to mention... he seems to be a bit touchy touchy with her in the teaser, hmm...I wonder what Eric's going to say about that? :phew:

@papaxmoo @cinnaminskies Yes I was also asked for phone number when I registered, even with SNS, I think you can use one for all of them though? (even your own Mnet account)

------

Chingus,

Here are the to-do list being given to us by Yong Sun herself. Keep this in your heart and don't forget to follow these things everyday, especially number 2, 9, and 10!

• Like 6

@papaxmoo about the phone number, you only need to change the indicated country. mine's philippines so i was able to input my phone number.

btw, it's been a long time since i posted here. i really do wanted to spazz with you guys here. unfortunately, i still don't have a laptop. it's hard to compose in mobile, that's why. but chingus don't forget. i'm always here as a silent lurker.

@enko20 your articles are great. i really enjoyed it and it gave me a faint idea of who they are. thank you.

@Le_Sanguinea thank you for becoming the moderator and for all the hardwork you've done. you're doing a great job.

to everyone, thank you for continuously supporting ddongi couple.

i'll post again sometime. i love you chingus!

• Like 6

@yuffiezdincht hello! it's good to see you once in a while! 

@enko20 I'm REALLY hoping for unaired eps, they shoot at least 12 hours, and have at least 3-10 hours of footage each time they shoot. I notice that they don't really show them travelling to places anymore it's just bam 'we're here' I think the small little conversations they have in the car would be really interesting to us but not to the general public. Although it's really weird their target audience should be us the supports/shippers ect because WGM is not a show the general GENERAL public enjoy or really watch right? MBC what are you doing? I also if you've ever vlogged or did a travel video or any kind of filming during an event, when I go to edit my vlogs and I go through all the footage there are times where I have to choose whether to include the mishaps that may bring the overall video down from being happy and playful or should I include them which may make it 'dramatic'. I think MBC needs a theme something to stick to for each couple, for samsam I think its sports and athletic activities I didn't watch caocao and I haven't really watched Bomi's eps either. To keep things fresh and smooth, they gotta make every couple a little different in terms of content.

@cinnaminskies no don't read too much into it! I think Hyejinnie would have recommended the song to Yongsunah (but yep it does prick your heart doesn't it?)

• Like 6

eric explaining "we got married" in boston college event earlier

we know he only can talk about WGM bluntly when he's overseas (like KCON and this event) i guess if KCON was not held outside Korea, we won't even got that much fancams of ddongi moments in KCON (that was beautifully compiled by @papaxmoo) thanks God kkk :")

• Like 8

@yuffiezdincht It's good to see you again :) and I'm glad my articles help you somewhat understand them better. Hope you can find a laptop soon to spazz with us more.

@papaxmoo Yes not much but I've done it before, and I agree, you always edit the footage in a way that make everything flow smoothly from beginning to end. I also definitely agree with you about the "theme" thing. They for sure have a "storyline" for each couple they want to keep, and that's why sometimes you even see them switch up the chronological order of the footage in the editing to their liking. What I'm getting at is that because they lean too heavily toward making Ddongie fun rather than serious, it gives certain viewers an impression that our couple are just here to have fun as "friends" and not trying to have a romantic relationship, and that might make them really, really pissed off. I'm just trying to objectively look at this from a neutral WGM viewer's perspective, that's all.

@cinnaminskies That's exactly what I mean by touchy touchy *cough*. I noticed that right away and I was like "uh oh.... this is rather... umm... kinky?" :phew:

@gureentea Yes he can speak up his mind because his foreign fans are in general more open-minded and chill about things. We all know that both him and Solar have to hold back so much from doing basically anything related to each other in Korea. That's why he said last ep that he was glad they could have time alone together in Dubai. It's really depressing to me in a way. :(

Also, whenever I hear him talk about WGM openly like that, I'm actually very glad. Usually, a fake marriage carries a negative connotation everywhere you go in this world, so it's difficult for people who don't watch WGM to grasp how you can not be really married and still act like you are. It's interesting, but really bizarre in a way like Eric said,

And the more I hear him explaining this to the public, the more I'm starting to understand what he meant when he told Solar this:

"I could've married anyone, but we became the couple. It's us who are making this work."

Gosh, I really want to talk more about that but I'm afraid I might start rambling. That is a huge message Eric is sending out actually, I will discuss my thoughts about this very soon, I promise.

• Like 9

hello it's been a while. 

@enko20 thank you for the video, glad eric chooses Solar. I'll admit my mistake (deep bow). I always remember, Eric choose himself on that time, so i thought "ah, he want to protect his fans feeling since it's not long since he join WGM"

2 hours ago, enko20 said:

"I could've married anyone, but we became the couple. It's us who are making this work."

Actually this is the most memorable and touching line for me :) This show how he really appreciated his 'teamwork' with Solar, how he admit that he and Solar really put their best for their 'relationship' in WGM.,As he thank Solar, i felt he saying he's grateful for all they've done together.  

How about your opinion? I'm looking forward to hear it :)

I read all the comment section in KDS an found several funny comments over Solar's fetish over eric's leg hair. How funny that they talked about Solar maybe is the only girl who caress Eric's leg hair kkkk (nonstopgiggling) indeed pervert yeba attack!

I'd like to post Screencap about Solar's reaction when Eric prepared Korean's meal for her, but i don't know ho to do it :(

And who's get excited for Mamamoo's comeback. ugh their teaser just bold! Where's my beagles eonni kkkk?!!

• Like 7

Read from twitter...the short name for Yang Se Hyung and Eric Nam is "Yang Nam" it's so close with "YongNam"...lol

from mcountdown preview, MAMAMOO come back next week and they wear the white outfit and i see it's so revealing (solar and wheein) 

• Like 3

@oneworld143 Hello, chingu! Welcome to the thread! :D Thanks for your information about the song. Yeah, it's indeed a sad song ._.

@cinnaminskies Thanks for the lyric, chingu. It's sad, the "lemonade" word reminds me with the "hallabong-ade" made by Eric which Solar likes. But, no, I won't be digging into the lyric. I don't want to think about the separation when even they're still recording :) 

@papaxmoo @cinnaminskies @enko20 Am I the special case here? I vote through my pc. I don't have to fill that form though? :huh: I only log in with my social media accounts, authorise, and the page redirects by itself to the voting page. I don't know why it's like that to be honest :sweatingbullets:

@enko20 I agree with you. I also can feel sometimes that they're more focusing with the funny side of Ddongi couple. But I can see that WGM staffs also try to show their romantic sides too, knowing that our couple doesn't show PDAs easily. Like they highlighted their hand holding, their closer distance on the bed, and emphasized the moment when Solar was blinded by the sun. We can't do anything to the staffs, but thanks to their cutting skill, our detective skill is developing :lol:

@yuffiezdincht Hope you can get a new laptop soon, so you can let out your opinion or spazz about Ddongi couple freely :D

@gureentea Omo, chingu! That's a good finding! :thumbsup: And what did he say after "I don't know"? I can't hear it because of the laughter. Agree with you, Eric always looks more comfortable when he's abroad, but yeah, who wouldn't when you can speak with your native language freely :)

@Ira Ajja Yup, the show name is "Yang & Nam Show". And I think I've made a mistake. I said that the show will air a day before Eric's birthday. It is his birthday! Why did I think that his birthday is on November 18th :sweatingbullets: Wogh, the girls' comeback is near!

-----

Eric's updates! Is he coming back to Korea?

"Yang & Nam Show" prerelease video!

-----

Solar/MAMAMOO's updates!

MAMAMOO will have a showcase for the "MEMORY" at V app on November 7th, 8 PM KST!

Spoiler

MAMAMOO's preview for next week MCountdown! The song looks so good B) 

After listening to the 3 spoilers video again, I'm convinced that they already gave us the spoiler for both new songs. The classic-jazz sound is for "Draw, Draw, Draw", since at the latest spoiler I hear the title is mentioned/sung. The more upbeat sound is for "Decalcomanie" I think.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, gureentea said:

eric explaining "we got married" in boston college event earlier

Ahh I wish the video hadn't cut off because he was just about to talk about Solar! 

@enko20 Please do talk about that moment! I love your analysis and I don't think I could do it justice (especially now that you've done so much research on the both of them)!

• Like 5

I just saw another article and a video that talked about Korean artists foray into the US market, and thought it's really interesting. Just want to share it here since Eric Nam is featured in it.

Here's Why CL is the Future of K-Pop in America

-------

54 minutes ago, Farfalle said:

And what did he say after "I don't know"? I can't hear it because of the laughter.

He said "I don't know, because people like it"

• Like 4

I don't know how to insert picture here i want to share Solar's sexy picture for decalcomanie's teaser. Someone from instagram upload the picture. Have you guys seen it? the one wherein she's wearing white.( For sure everyone does). I'm dying coz of our yeba's sexiness. I can't wait for their comeback.

Anyway, don't foget to vote for our girls and for Eric as well.

• Like 5

@Farfalle first of all I forgot to mention about the law thing, it's a law??! wow that's cray. I guess in a way that makes it safe for idols but also completely cuts off all the gestures fans can do. does that apply to everything? like no fanart or anything either??? how are we meant to feed them now?? TT^TT I also vote from my pc it asks me everytime for phone number and I don't want to give my phone because its connected to important things like my bank ect. you know? I use my kakao to vote and that's it :'(

@gureentea aigoo chingu! :dizzy: I am definitely not a master yet let alone a god -bows- :blush: thank you for the giant compliment hehe and for the video OMG! I wish there was more to that I really want to know what he said...where are the fansite cams and footage at??? I guess there isn't any outside of SK huh?

I'm surprised that Eric talks about the show overseas though, here are my thoughts on why I am surprised first off it's not a concept that the western world are familiar with and don't really see a point to because it's not like they can actually show too much of their true feelings(kiss KISS or makeout ect unlike the US 'reality' shows) due to the stigma. but now that I think about it, it is the only show that Eric is currently on that he's a cast of that airs weekly right? He must be really proud of it to promote it? How long does Law of the Jungle go on for? him talking about it really does show he enjoys it and wants more people to view it. 

@enko20 now that you've mentioned Eric thanking Yongsun for marrying him again, this makes me begin to think that maybe in extreme cases they are able to maybe change their partners. Anything that's unaired they can change. I know that isn't the only reason but it could be part of it. It is one of the best quotes so far isn't it?

I want to talk a little more of the camera figs that they had during the Dubai eps and how that could have effected Ddongi but I'll do that in a later post.

What an interesting video on Time, for time to be talking about them you know shots bout to go down. Haven't we seen Eric in that interview before like the same outfit? maybe a snippet of that somewhere else??? it looks familiar. A little off topic but I think how CL is going about it is good, she is slowly building up instead of just dropping a bomb like the guy said and I think Eric is somewhat doing the same but working in both countries. doing shows here and there and frequently keeps people talking instead of dropping in and waving out. I really hope Eric does more collabs like Into You that was so good.

regarding teasers here's Eric performing Jealous :joy:

T-32 hours to go! 

• Like 7