[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, i hate using mobile phone when typing my comment/ reactions here. I actually wrote a long paragraph last saturday after watching and reading @enko20's article about Solar, But it was all deleted with me being able to submit it... :-(

Anyway , @enko20: thank you for writing that article about Solar, because of that, I understand her actions more. It actually saddened me knowing that behind that cheerful and childish leader is a truly lonely person. I think the saying is right " the one who smiles the most is the loneliest person" ( am I right?). Solar represent this though. Knowing that she went to a lot of criticism before she reached the place where she is right now, this girl will truly appreciate even the tiniest thing you do for her. I'm not sure if I already mentioned here that it's just a right decision going WGM and it's a blessing that she's partnered  with Eric. A guy who understand her and patiently waiting for her to open up. I am glad that because of Eric and of course the people that surrounds her now ( including her members and fans) are there to boost this girl's damaged self-esteem. Despite all she's been through, she's trying to be happy now not just by herself but with these people. 
( Solar sshi, cheer up!! GOD'S TIMING IS ALWAYS PERFECT. :-)). I truly respect you for bringing happiness to us. :):wub:

=========
now about the latest episode, I'm dying, I actually watched it raw, I guess I don't need the translation at that time to understand what their conversation is about. It all shows by their actions. I love every part of that episode. I can't choose one that is the most memorable because everything is so precious  ( and the impatient yeba strick again..lol) . I really like Eric's sensitivity, there are times that he seemed not to care but you know that he is processing everything and you will be surprised on how much effort he is putting into those small details, like Solar's appetite because of the local food. It's funny how he responded to Solar's impatient attitude, and the massage in the bed, It's funny how he knew what she will do when she ordered him to lie down ( stretching time for him), Solar's BRI reaction about Eric's legs hair, and of course the confession about the most memorable part of their day. I praise Eric for confessing his true feelings, and the comment about marrying him ( I'm dying.. give me a guy like him please).I am also glad that they were paired and not someone else.  Eric brought happiness to Solar and vice versa.  Their childish amusement park ride ( i wonder how scary that roller coaster ride is, and did they ride it twice, because it was shown that they were just two at first and then in the picture there's this stoic face guy in Solar's back...lol), the echo and Eric's saranghae and the childish skip to my lou...I love every part of it ( I said it again, sorry, I can't find a perfect way to describe it- It was really a ecstatic). I am looking forward to the last part of their dubai trip though and curious about the wish coupon( voucher). :wub:

# ddongiecouple saranghae
# Solar cheer up
# Mamamoo fighting!

P.S. did you guys all vote? Don't forget to vote and support Mamamoo and Eric. :)

Ppyong~

• Like 6

so I came here to post the latest addition to Solar's Kenglish and then got brutally murdered by Mamamoo's teaser video. I seriously have no words not only was it hella kinky but there was symbolism with the grapes? popping and OMFG. I'm a just leave this here and try and revive myself elsewhere.

Mamamoo's teaser video

Also not relevant but...

• Like 7

MAMAMOO's IG update yesterday!

-----

They recorded for KBS <Immortal Song>!

Spoiler

-----

Other MAMAMOO updates:

Spoiler

Another teaser image for MAMAMOO's comeback?
(http://www.hottracks.co.kr/ht/recordMain)

1477900609321_734_398.jpg

-----

Latest V app in english sub by MAMAMOO Trans!

-----

Eric's update!

Spoiler

Other updates:

Seo In-young, who was a <Radio Star> guest with Solar, apparently met Eric recently in LA though?

Spoiler

-----

On 10/30/2016 at 5:25 PM, enko20 said:

I have never seen Eric cries before, and if by chance he does... I really don't know if I will be able to handle it. :(

@enko20 Don't know if you've watched this or not, but I've seen him on the verge of tears after hearing his fans like "Good For You" after he sang it for the first time at his showcase on V app. He didn't cry, he managed to supress it although he had to stop talking a few times :') And there's a bonus for Ddongi shippers, MAMAMOO also appeared (via video) there to give support message to Eric! Who knows back then that they'd be a couple in the next 10 days ^_^ 

@papaxmoo Hahaha Solar's adorable Kenglish again! Thanks for your effort! :D It also makes me realise that Solar is so expressive (her various exclamations) and friendly even with strangers (her greetings). Btw the latest teaser is so awesome! I wonder how Solar's part turns out. And Solar's bold outfit at the end... :o It would be hard for Eric to take his eyes off of Solar! (remember when Solar showed her rashguard to Eric at the pool? :lol:)

• Like 8

@gureentea Thanks for your information, chingu! :) I've never seen those videos. When I saw that Eric has already choked in his V app, I already felt kinda sad (in a good way). And now looking at he cried at the video you shared... :''') It's always a touching moment when fans do this kind of event at an idol's concert. MAMAMOO also cried when their fans did the same thing.

• Like 4

OMG! Thank you @gureentea for reminding me about that. I actually have already seen both that and @Farfalle vids, but I forgot for some reason. I swear I have selective memory (-__-)

Actually, that really reminds me a lot of when Eric went on Daddy&I and talked about how at one point the challenges he faced were so difficult that he felt like giving up. Then when you see things like that, you could really feel how much fans support means for him, and like @Farfalle said, it is the same way for Solar and the Mamamoo girls. Those are tears of happiness, and I can digest that. I don't know about tears of sadness/regret though...:(

@coolbrattyro You're welcome, chingu. Yes I also choked up a bit when I finally realized the story behind Solar's life, and this is just bits and pieces of it. That's why it makes me angry when netizens start judging her because of her secretive past. It's clearly not something she wants to remember or talk about much. 

I also realized that she's the leader of Mamamoo for a reason, not just because she's the oldest. The life that she has lead, and the fact that she can be strong and smile to people around her everyday in spite of it, I think other members really recognize and respect her for that, even if she seems really carefree and gets bullied easily by them. She really gives me a lot of inspiration to work harder myself too. :)

And I agree with you about WGM and stuff, this relationship between Eric-Solar has worked out in a way that I couldn't even imagine before. The story behind it is so beautiful that I can't put in words (actually I can, find out soon in part 3). Even though Solar doesn't express it in an obvious way, we all know it means the world for her to see someone like Eric takes care of her and makes her happy always, so much that she keeps repeating those thankful words to him over and over.  She deserves all of this, seriously. I'm happy for her. :D

--------
And THAT Mamamoo teaser... LOL I'm deaaaad. Be right back chingus, I need some oxygen asap :skull:

• Like 6

So I've been watching the last ep again for the nth time, and...

O16Jqd9.png

Is it just me, or is Solar tearing up right here :(? (I enhance the brightness because the scene is too dark to see)

Also, a reminder to keep voting for Mamamoo and Eric everyone! Eric is leading by a considerable margin in "Best Male Vocal Performance", yay :D Mamamoo is also #1 in "Best Group Vocal Performance", but it's very close, so pleeease vote!

• Like 8

Yeah, can't wait for MAMAMOO's comeback! :D And it looks like they did want to show something different. I wonder whose teaser will come out today.

And there's an article for the girls!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/11/mamamoos-never-ending-fan-service-and-thoughtfulness-of-fans-becomes-a-hot-topic

-----

Eric's updates!

Spoiler

-----

Found this old interview, and again, Eric's ideal type never changes :) 

The full version: http://mwave.interest.me/en/mnettv/videodetail.m?searchVideoDetailVO.clip_id=160638

-----

4 minutes ago, enko20 said:

Is it just me, or is Solar tearing up right here :(? (I enhance the brightness because the scene is too dark to see)

It's indeed too dark. She might be tearing up or it's the lamp reflection. I'm curious though what would they talk about in that scene :) 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, enko20 said:

So I've been watching the last ep again for the nth time, and...

O16Jqd9.png

To me it definitely looks like it (judging by not only the reflection in her eyes, but just her entire face's expression. I'm not sure how to feel about this, because, on one hand, her crying would mean something really meaningful happened/is happening (especially since it's not even their last episode), but on the other hand, I don't think I want to see her cry, purely from an I-don't-ever-want-her-to-be-hurt standpoint. Who knows, though? Maybe it's happy tears? Or maybe we're all totally mistaken. Who knows?

--

Okay, so I went back, rewatched it, giffed it, and brightened it up a whole bunch so we could have a clearer view of it (the quality looks worse because of the brightening but I think you can see Solar's face a little better) thoughts?

hmmmm_zpsulfrjk9q.gif

• Like 9

Thanks for the giff @cinnaminskies 

@Farfalle i just know if the nams birthday are close...i'm curious now what will solar do for eric birthday and when they will film it

@enko20 i only watch 3rd time...i have to catch up sam2 ep cos now they are at the middle of the show 

As you guys know ddongi is my first otp in wgm and it's make me have that bias feeling, the bad thing with this feeling is i can't enjoy the other cp so i have to fix it~~~now i can see that the pd really good in pairing couple

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cinnaminskies said:

To me it definitely looks like it (judging by not only the reflection in her eyes, but just her entire face's expression. I'm not sure how to feel about this, because, on one hand, her crying would mean something really meaningful happened/is happening (especially since it's not even their last episode), but on the other hand, I don't think I want to see her cry, purely from an I-don't-ever-want-her-to-be-hurt standpoint. Who knows, though? Maybe it's happy tears? Or maybe we're all totally mistaken. Who knows?

--

Okay, so I went back, rewatched it, giffed it, and brightened it up a whole bunch so we could have a clearer view of it (the quality looks worse because of the brightening but I think you can see Solar's face a little better) thoughts?

hmmmm_zpsulfrjk9q.gif

When was this little moment again? I definitely don't remember seeing this in the last ep; it was a lot of ddongie having fun and not as many introspective moments, cue bedroom scene. 

I don't know about tearing up, but Solar seems a lot more maturer just nodding her head understandingly at whatever profound thing Eric is saying.  What strikes me is that you don't see this side very often; she's usually so busy being beagle in front of the camera :P The smile she's making also seems very genuine and she seems very in the moment. I hope this is a final sign that she has reached a good level of comfort around Eric. 

However, if this is from the preview, this definitely gives off some we're-done-and-gonna-leave-wgm vibes and I can understand why the kshowdaily and youtube famos were freaking out :sweatingbullets: I for one hope that these two don't get too comfortable with how they are now; pls keep growing and surprising us ddongie  :wub:

Edited by 97jbombs
Typo
  • Like 5

On 11/1/2016 at 5:34 AM, Farfalle said:

@papaxmoo Hahaha Solar's adorable Kenglish again! Thanks for your effort! :D It also makes me realise that Solar is so expressive (her various exclamations) and friendly even with strangers (her greetings). Btw the latest teaser is so awesome! I wonder how Solar's part turns out. And Solar's bold outfit at the end... :o It would be hard for Eric to take his eyes off of Solar! (remember when Solar showed her rashguard to Eric at the pool? :lol:)

Lmao she's doing the same dorky catwalk poses and turns she did with Eric, I thought the same!

@enko20 @Farfalle you're welcome chingus! She's super expressive, like she mentioned in their english lesson episode she wants to be able to just converse smoothly and fluently like a native speaker. It does look like she's tearing up but it's very hard to tell, I think if Eric did notice that he would have hugged her or tried to lighten the situation but by making a joke. We won't know until next ep.

See how Eric captioned 'Love Breakfast' reminds me of when Yongsun said she has to eat breakfast no matter how tired she is cause she loves breakfast buffet hehehe. Thank you for that ideal type video! I've got that lined up as a project right now, how Eric's ideal type has never changed. I don't know if Yongsun has mentioned it too much though. Please link me if chingus can remember any! 

@gureentea I don't think I can watch Eric cry, I started to watch it and then was like nopenopenope this grown man right here bout to cry from seeing him cry. Thanks for the updates!

@97jbombs I agree, calm and thoughtful Yongsun is rare but I think it's mostly cut out cause they want to keep it light and fun.

Spoiler

MBC best not cut off Ddongi, well it's usually as soon as a 'couple' starts to feel and become 'real' they cut em off BUT remember we got a NEW PD! I have faith in her! Especially since they cut down the 'halloween' special down so we could get maximum heart to heart. I think they might refer back to the pool scene during their fountain talk chingus. Fingers crossed!

You BEAUTIFUL FACES! :heart: I am so happy to see how much of you share the same love and respect I do towards Ddongi and your other respective artists/idols. I hope there will be more of us respectful fans in the future. It really made me happy seeing the discussion. 

I know it would be SUPER cliche for Ddongi to do a collab but it would be so amazing I want to see them in their field working passionately together. You'd be able to see a totally different side of Ddongi the serious, passionate and hardworking side. This is their element, I want to see Eric producing and Yongsun suggesting tweaks and harmonies. How spectacular would it be? Their musical ability is really no joke, if any of you guys have watched Hwasa on Kpop planet when she was writing the theme song it was truly just DAEBAK. 

• Like 7

@cinnaminskies Thanks for the gif, chingu! :D I wonder what Eric was talking about here... D-3!

@Ira Ajja I also just know that Nam brothers' birthdays are close haha. Yeah, hope that they would celebrate his birthday together since Eric is far away from his family. I hope they will record his birthday episode on Eric's birthday, so he won't feel lonely that day :) And yes, Eric is being an MC for a battle program on Mnet with Yang Se-hyung (Se-chan's older brother). Thanks for the info!

7 hours ago, 97jbombs said:

I don't know about tearing up, but Solar seems a lot more maturer just nodding her head understandingly at whatever profound thing Eric is saying.  What strikes me is that you don't see this side very often; she's usually so busy being beagle in front of the camera :P The smile she's making also seems very genuine and she seems very in the moment. I hope this is a final sign that she has reached a good level of comfort around Eric. 

Agree with you. Maybe Eric was saying something sincere here :) 

@papaxmoo Good sense, chingu, about the "love breakfast" hahaha. I saw a few sources where Solar said her ideal type, and one of them is on Youtube The Qmentary where she drew her ideal type and her drawing matches Eric's drawing on his profile at their first meeting :lol: I'm also happy to know chingus here who can discuss anything about our couple healthily :D Ugh, I want to see them collaborating from the song composing too! I know both Eric & Solar are competent enough to do that.

-----

Omo, have you guys seen the latest teaser? The video one which Solar came out? :o 

Our bright Yongseon today! :D 

-----

Eric's updates!

Spoiler

Eric's upcoming show! Reading the explanation and seeing the preview image, it's a talk battle(?) including idols? I wonder what battle would be going since Eric is a singer and Se-hyung is a gagman. 

Spoiler

1277072_1478063362407.jpg
They're holding gold bars(?) with idol groups' name on them... (not finding MAMAMOO though :() Airing a day before Eric's birthday!

Video teaser: http://www.mnet.com/tv/vod/176864

• Like 7

@Farfalle oh yes! I forgot about Qmentary! I love Brian he's so crazy and funny like Jokwon, when I found that video I was so happy. There needs to be more Mamamoo x Brian haha he's like their crazy mother  XD

Chingus! I couldn't help but notice that our couple's views on MBC's channel on YT is less than the other couples. If you can here's a playlist of all of Ddongi's videos, please support them! Also please please please remember to vote! Mamamoo is only heading by a hair at this point in the best vocal performance group. 

Spoiler

anyone know if MAMA would let you vote with multiple accounts? cause I know you gotta use a phone number to verify the account and I don't have multiple phones to verify each account :dissapointed_relieved: 

Latest teaser is killer! OMGosh from what I've seen moomoos are going crazy over the guy and really mad about it. I honestly don't mind as long as it adds to the music video. I really hope they're not seriously going to boycott RBW for this. Also I heard bits about moomoos boycotting RBW for not letting them send Mamamoo cakes??? can anyone confirm or anything. I am so lost.

WGM in D-3! then Delcomanie in D-2!

• Like 6

@cinnaminskies It's still very hard to tell, although I do agree with you that she does seem a bit emotional. it's understandable though because that was their last moment together in Dubai, after that they had to go back to Korea. It's like that feeling when you wake up from a beautiful dream and realize you're back to your daily routine again. Of course she (and Eric too) would be a bit emotional thinking about it.

I agree with @97jbombs take too, she seems to really paid attention to whatever that Eric was telling her. I can't wait to find out what they were talking about there.

6 hours ago, papaxmoo said:

I agree, calm and thoughtful Yongsun is rare but I think it's mostly cut out cause they want to keep it light and fun.

Now that you say this, it reminds me of something that I've been wanting to bring up for a while. This is going to be a bit serious, but I want to hear everyone's opinion about it, ok?

(From @Farfalle WGM PD Interview translation)

What is Eric Nam - Solar couple's appeals that lead the response of viewers?

"It's the energy. Both of them look gentle, and actually they're also very shy. But they have a lot of energy. They become true friends. They're very faithful to their feelings without displaying a show to others. Solar has what you called a friend appeal, very energetic, a funnier friend than a comedian, it takes a long time to get her that heated. But it shows that she intentionally doesn't 'pretend' and shows her slowly heated appearance. Eric Nam is also the trend these days, but rather than excited, he doesn't want to throw his original self. Unexpectedly, he expresses everything in his original appearance as he's happy without holding any weight. Behind his well-mannered appearance, there's also his energetic appearance. Even if they're only placed on the street, they'll play well since the energy rises, and they seem to be a natural sympathetic couple."

We will match the partner with our own way, we also concern about whether there's any fun.

I have thought about this for quite some time now, but a question always linger on me as I watch Ddongie couple over time. The question is: "Has the PD been making cuts on purpose to sell to the audience the idea that Eric-Solar is an energetic, carefree, and fun couple?"

There have been a lot of examples that make me question this, but I will just list the earliest one that had me thinking that.

90hegTY.pngqmXzHT4.png

Usually, I don't like to base my opinion on previews, because it's very misleading, and often time they just use it as a hook/bait to keep the viewers curious about next ep. However, over time, I begin to notice a trend of what they usually cut out of any given Ddongie's segment. There are 2 primary things:

(1) Trivial scenes (like Eric scaring Solar while opening the door) / "Dead air" scenes (Where they don't do much or talk much)

(2) Heavy scenes a.k.a anything close to being not so fun, or potentially relationship arguments.

For example, in the scene I brought up above, it doesn't matter if the audio and footage was being mismatched on purpose, the fact is that Solar did asked him "Who's this girl?" As she was potentially looking at a picture he brought where he's with a girl she didn't recognize. This could have sparked some serious talk between them two, but I felt that they cut it out to sell the idea to us that Eric and Solar don't argue much and they are always chill, and all they do is singing, dancing and playing games, because that's their appeal.

I'm not saying they are not like that, because they really are, but... do you remember when Solar went on Radio Star, Seo In Young told her that when she watches Ddongie couple, the impression she has is that they seem to be very smooth sailing and there's no heated arguments whatsoever?  That's what I'm trying to get at. Eric and Solar gives me the impression that they settle and compromise very easily, and if they find any disagreements or doubts they will just ignore them and move on.

I've also seen negative comments before that remarked about how Ddongie is couple is just basically "Urgh they always eat! They always laugh! They are like romantic comedy couple, there's nothing else to watch, it's so repetitive!". While I don't agree with that, this tells me that MBC really has them sold on the sentiment that Eric-Solar is all about being light-hearted, hilarious and shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's easy for shippers like us to enjoy that, but is that really a good thing to have for an audience that desperately expect romantic talk/skinskip moments every episode?

• Like 8

@papaxmoo Yeah, he's so funny with the girls! :lol: And yes, regarding their Youtube views, actually our couple has up-and-down moments I think. Their views is usually high when they did something romantic (from the general viewers' perspective) :sweatingbullets: But thankfully, Ddongi couple fans are still there :) I watch their highlight clips several times though, just so they're not really left behind. And the MAMA vote is worrying! The gap between MAMAMOO and the others in Vocal Performance category is decreasing :unsure: Please vote for them!

Spoiler

I'm voting with my social medias account (1 Facebook & 2 Twitter) everyday, so I don't know if you can do it with multiple Mnet accounts. The social media ones don't require phone number though?

Yeah, MooMoos really don't like the man :sweatingbullets: Actually I don't mind too, since he's there only for the music video. No, I think they're not going to do that. The boycott is because RBW doesn't include Moonbyul's photo in the video of RBW V app introduction when all RBW artists are included (but later they added Byul's photo), but I think most MooMoos don't think the boycott will have an impact though. And about cake, it's about the new law in Korea that doesn't allow fans to freely sending support to their artists. I think maybe that fan who's mad doesn't know about this law?

@enko20 Agree with you. Sometimes they cut the scenes because they wanted to show them as energetic couple. Maybe they think it's their trademark as a couple, but as a Ddongi couple fan, of course I want to see their entire interaction though, even if they're only chatting normally without any loud behavior. But maybe it will be always be a downside that we can't avoid? The staffs have to insert their footage, which actually went for hours (sometimes even all day), into a 20++ minutes slot. I think they want to maintain the highlight scenes while still showing Ddongi couple's charms. Sometimes if I try to think positively, maybe our couple has too many precious contents that can't be covered in just 20++ minutes ^_^ 

And oh, for their eating session, I think it's still normal though for them, since they mostly recorded all day every meeting so they must be hungry. Furthermore, both of them said that they love to eat much haha. Actually I see that other couples are eating too in almost every episode though, but don't know why only our couple is noticed by them :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7