[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

^ Thanks for sharing the new BTS. <3 Ah, KRW and PSH look comfortable with each other. And I noticed in the title, Naver does refer to them as the JiHye couple, haha. I guess that's their couple name now. And LSK is cute in the BTS too. ^^

• Like 23

Rewatched ep4 finally with SUBS! Yes holes are filled in where I  did not understand what was being said.

-So HJ decided to get a nice car instead of property. She spoils her friend SH who deserves it. Cute how SH says wish you were a guy and I could marry a doctor. So  whenever HJ thinks of her grandma she gets SH a present. Awww

-Awww I am proud of HJ if HJH did have a wife, HJ would have stayed away. Good. Saying seeing husbands avoid their wives working late and having affairs. I like how she does not want to go there. Also HJH was good to nip in the bud that he is Free and not married.

-I liked how TD was surprised to see the catty side of SW. I liked how he said you should know your dad has no specs and our ctr prides itself on talent but not sole concentrating on your school. Go! I liked how he said you need the competition. I like how TD says you are worried about HJ as competition she is poor background, not a top school but third tier, took a pay cut to be here and you are three generations of doctors family. Plus I like TD's affection to HJH.

-Choi Kang Soo (orange head) is cute. He likes strong women and is a fan of our HJ. He also offers his knowledge to HJH and of course hooked HJH with HJ's numbers

-Cute and funny HJH has a stuffed toys! amusement game in his room. I never saw that in Kdrama character's home before

-Awww so SW and HJ have to lobby to be assistants for either YD or HJH. Interesting how HJH says if you want to work for me let me know and she is like I rather work with YD I have alot to learn from him. Well her campaign to get YD is not working. Def HJ is sparking his interest. Also her pal tells her to lay off being aggressive to YD as he likes to be in control.

-So YD doesn't like show-offs I can see. But he had to admit tit for tat. He is proper and acknowledges skills and works hard. HJ can be rough around the edges (except with SH) but wants to learn. She is good at what she does and solid. I liked how YD complained you are rude to me. HJ just retorts I give back what was given to me. I at least give YD credit. He is grudgingly giving her respect and that look he gave to her during the surgery presentation is thoughtful. Def future second lead is going to pine for our HJ.

-So SW minions feel protected by her. So when the resident said he was SW's friends to HJ, I liked she corrected and made him aware to be on his toes and be proper and prepared. YEAH! Just seeing that aspect I can see YD liking that about her as they are similar. Even YD mentions a few times they are similar (thoughts/procedures etc)

-Understanding more the banter between the gangster and HJ was good. So he was complaining and whining but good of HJ to say it is good you are whining as there are other worse complications or situations that could have happened. Yeah!

-I definitely think that since HJ is not bothering to lobby after CKS asked who she wanted to work with she said it doesn't matter. So I agree with someone else saying YD with HJ with first rotation. Though SW wants YD he knows her already. HJH likes HJ but he doesn't have to have her as his assistant to be near her.

• Like 19

In regards to Hanscinema review, 

Comment regarding HJ superiority complex and condescending attitude: 

- I noticed in the beginning, when she commented on how being a doctor has many quirks. She dresses better, can afford to buy gifts whenever she misses her grandma tremendously, and have people look at her with respect. This reflects how HJ feels about society at the moment. She worked hard to be successful, and through the chief's comment, it seems she gets paid more and has a good career already at her previous hospital. Consider she's already "staff", I don't quite understand why she's still a fellow.

-If she was already doing a lot of things at the other hospital by herself, she considers herself "equal" in status, in terms of being a doctor, to YD. YD wanted her to wait to talk about the surgery because he didn't want to wait. So she replied that she didn't want to wait either. She got called in, and he gave her a prejudgment of her action, that she was trying to show off. Which putt me off a little, based on the whole action scene at the hospital, because from where I come from it's near impossible for such thing to happen with securities and hospital protocol. She apologized for her behavior, which he said don't do it if you know you are going to apologize. Basically, they didn't have a good first-time impression. He's probably telling her who's the one in charge there and she's probably sticking up for herself since she's new. 

- She said to her grandma that she likes to throw her aces up front. I think HJ wants respect and wants to put it out there that she's skilled. This could be due to her background. When SW asked her why is she a doctor, how could she be at her level, the look at HJ's eyes seem like she has seen this way too often. In my opinion, HJ knows she's smart, worked hard to be where she is, so she has the right to feel proud of herself. She likes to be respected and for people to hear what she says. How does she do it? violence. lol. We will see if she matures later on in the drama. That's the point, I think. 

-As for the condescending towards residents, lol, I feel it myself with some new preceptors as I do my rotations. They like to show you how much they know by putting you down. It's rather typical when you are still young and aggressive. Heck, I have even seen it being done by attending physicians to 2nd 3rd year residents. They put them to hell. Why? Because in a few years, they are on their own as a attending. Doctors can't based their actions on connections and excuses. After all, doctor's action can save a life or cause a death.

I will tell you though. The way HJ acts, it's not what I normally see in a fellow physician. They are usually more quiet and timid with the attending.  

• Like 17

Guest twingals

Is it just me but in that BTS vid....ShinHye seemed to be more agile with the bike....Kim Rye Won not able to hold on to the no hands biking too long, he keeps falling, while PSH can go on forever with her arms outstreched! Besides her using the male bike. 

1 hour ago, dimples21 said:

@alekaonu - - how are you?. I am here and really enjoying this drama. Love seen strong woman not bowing down before anyone.

Standing her ground and making people think twice. You can tell the doctor on duty who call her in did not expect her to be so strong and confident young lady.. I can definitely see him liking her because of her work ethic and she is an awesome doctor. Did you notice that even the doctor knew that Seo W does not work hard enough and always has an excuse.

She cannot imagine that our girl is a better doctor than her even though she did not go to a top rate university. SW forget her dad did the same thing and one of the difference is that our girl cares about  her  patients unlike her dad.

Our OTP what can we say. Talk about getting straight to the point. He just want to make sure he has all his answer before he starts making his move.

Confidence and smiles will go along way.:D:wub:

Annyeong @dimples21 chingu :wub: you are here too. Mi an I didn't see your name here before my post. Glad to see you here, we can spazz like before. Park Shin Hye seems to lose some weight for this drama, her face is leaner. I guess all those work out for fighting and boxing made her lost some more weight. I don't know why I never put Kim Rae Won in my fave actor's list. I hope after this drama, I will.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, valentvcd said:

I think PSH really suit with much older male actor than younger or same age actor. I am sure the kiss with KRW will be daebak :D because my personally thinks that she always had awkward kiss before especially in heirs. 

I would have to agree with you here and omg, everyone -- the countdown starts to their first kiss! If the boxing ring scene is a foreshadowing of things to come - yay! PSH scenes here reminded me of Million Dollar Baby, with Hillary Swank. 

While I am with you all rooting for our OTP, I think there's something about the interactions between JYD and HJ. She's somehow schooling him to become a gentleman, be a human being, start trusting people, it's ok to fail, life is not perfect. I loved their banter in his office - it showed just how HJ is not easily intimidated - I love this about HJ. She cuts right through the b.s. 

SW is a walking posterboard for the saying, "pride comes before a fall." She just looks pathetic. And it's a shame because she has so much potential. Her line, "how could a person like you be on the same level as me?" while talking to HJ in the hallway is so laughable. SW, HJ is so out of your league and in one of her own. Please.. Girl,bye. 

Kang Soo and his reddish/orange hair- he is adorable! Is he going to be the captain shipper for HJ/JH- awesome!

What happened to JiSoo's character? 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, leim said:

No one really said it, but He seems really happy to see her..... you know what I mean :P

Got to go, think I might be corrupting people here with my dirty mind :sweatingbullets:

Ha3 u just crack me up, really… i love how u guys here pay attention to the tiniest of details (someone also previously mentioned something about his errr loose pants during the sizzling boxing ring scene…so sorry i cant remember who) Really, nothing gets past the eagle eyes and for someone as blur as me its all pretty interesting he3…. pls do go on corrupting me pls :w00t:

• Like 14

I think PSH really suit with much older male actor than younger or same age actor. I am sure the kiss with KRW will be daebak :D because my personally thinks that she always had awkward kiss before especially in heirs. 

@valentvcd

Spoiler

I too thought her kiss with Lee Min Ho was just awful. All  thought that he scenes with him were just terrible/

I worry a lot about the problems Hye-Jung and Jin -Ho will be facing because of their feeling for each other. They genuinely care for each other and are very attracted to each other. Their first time seeing each other after 13 years was DAEBAK!!. I swear just watching them made my heart flutter like a butterfly.  I was like OMG !! 

What i don't understand is why Seo Woo is still hung up on Jin-Ho. He has no feeling for her and only thinks of her as a student. Even though she almost ruined his cache is still nice to her and still respectful towards her. I know if it was me I would avoid her like the plague she is because she only cares about herself. She is one of the people who will be causing them so much problem because of her jealousy. 

Will come back after watching episode 3 & 4 with subtitles. :) 

• Like 21

8 hours ago, littleloony said:

Smitten with Hye jung- List (Chronological order)-

Me :P, JiH, Soon Hee, Jisoo, gangster gang, Gangster himself,  Orange haired puppy, Yoon do (OFcourse he is smitten, just doesnt know it yet), JiH aboji (most likely prediction), all other young doctors (obviously). No wonder In Joo had warned about how attractive she is.

Smitten with JiH- List-

Me, all of us, Hye Jung (sorry HJ, we saw him first).......other names not required :P

Since my amygdala cannot form anymore coherent thoughts.....I'll go back to hibrnating till next week. Enjoy the week everyone and cheers to Doctors!

Aha... you didn't include all of us in Hye Jung's list? :D Yeah, can't help but smitten by her - love the  "strong" character.  Not just physically but also emotionally and mentally.  Way to go girl!

• Like 21

Totally agree with u :D  i really truly hope that KRW could somehow help her in putting her guard down and thus lose herself in the moment… she needs to let go and stop overthinking when shes kissing he3… although as an actress she probably wants to make sure its the best, a passionate kiss is a 1000x better than a perfect kiss ;)

just my 2 cents, PSH is my fav actress and its not my intention to belittle or hurt anyone

• Like 19