[Drama 2017] Man To Man 맨투맨

mysignisflower

Just saw this here at Soompi:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/06/man-man-becomes-first-k-drama-broadcast-internationally-netflix/

I was very surprised to see Netflix has exclusive international rights for Man to Man. Since they are going to be providing subtitles in 20 languages, I guess this means the rights are for all countries that have Netflix available. I'm kind of confused about how it's going to be coming to USA, though. It says 8 episodes at a time. I wonder if that means we'll have to wait until after episode 8 airs in Korea before seeing it? I hope not. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/06/man-man-becomes-first-k-drama-broadcast-internationally-netflix/

I was very surprised to see Netflix has exclusive international rights for Man to Man. Since they are going to be providing subtitles in 20 languages, I guess this means the rights are for all countries that have Netflix available. I'm kind of confused about how it's going to be coming to USA, though. It says 8 episodes at a time. I wonder if that means we'll have to wait until after episode 8 airs in Korea before seeing it? I hope not. 

It precisely means that. And since Netflix has exclusive rights, others sites won't sub it which means we'll have to wait a long time to watch it on other possible streaming portals. It'll be the Night Light fiasco all over again. I like Netflix but there format really ruins the kdrama viewing experience for me, can't say I am thrilled about this. 

3 hours ago, Table122000 said:

its a great news omg

Just wanna share this...

Hmmm. I will have to watch it raw?How will it affect me in Asia ? 

I have been waiting for this drama far too Long. It will be freaking ridiculous if I have to wait another 4 weeks from release to watch :(

6 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

It precisely means that. And since Netflix has exclusive rights, others sites won't sub it which means we'll have to wait a long time to watch it on other possible streaming portals. It'll be the Night Light fiasco all over again. I like Netflix but there format really ruins the kdrama viewing experience for me, can't say I am thrilled about this. 

Oh man, that is very disappointing. So that means waiting 4 weeks after it starts to see the episodes, and then having to wait another 4 weeks to see the rest? I don't like that. I agree, the Netflix model of "binge watching" really doesn't work well for K-Dramas that are airing. (And I say this as a Netflix fan) I do think it is nice that Netflix will be translating into so many languages though, and 190 countries is a lot of coverage which will be nice that so many people will have the opportunity to see the K-dramas.

@Table122000 @triplem @glee77 @Nymeria289

here's article for you guys.. hope it will helps.. :smirk:

---

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

JTBC’s Man to Man gets snapped up by Netflix

Looks like Netflix has got its heart set on breaking into the Korean drama scene: Only a few months after announcing two new Korean shows (Exhibits A and B) in its original series lineup, Netflix has announced that they have purchased exclusive international broadcasting rights to JTBC’s upcoming Man to Man. Now, I know this might seem like not-so-great news — I got Night Light flashbacks too, when the Netflix exclusivity meant that hardly anybody got to watch the show — but it sounds like Netflix will have a different approach this time around. <---THIS :rolleyes:

For the first time ever, Netflix will air episodes of Man to Man at the same time the show is aired in Korea (with the exception of viewers in the U.S., but I’ll get to that later). The episodes will also have subtitles in over twenty different languages immediately available upon release, which is definitely one advantage to choosing a pre-produced drama like Man to Man. I know English subbers are pretty damn fast nowadays, but it’ll be nice to see subs for lesser widely available languages become more easily accessible, and in real time at that.

Now, us Beanies stateside will have to wait a little longer for Man to Man to appear on the online streaming site. Netflix intends to release the show in two parts, with eight episodes each. The delayed offering is slightly annoying, but I’m just glad that Netflix is investing in Korean content, especially because I think their original shows are fantastic (Stranger Things, anyone?) and I’m excited to see them take on the Korean drama format.

Man to Man will premiere on JTBC and Netflix on April 21. Let the epic bromance begin!

cr:: http://www.dramabean...-up-by-netflix/

1 hour ago, MiAmour said:

here's article for you guys.. hope it will helps.. :smirk:

Thanks very much. I think it won't affect the sites I use. Fingers crossed.

@MiAmour that finger 'sshhh' is killing me lol

hi everyone! just decide to drop by because i was logged on soompi. i feel like i've been waiting for this drama for years and can't believe that there'll only one week left to wait.

just a question, do we know if Dramafever or ViKi decide to take this? i'm sorry if this was mentioned pages back, i havent got the chance to backtrack :ph34r:

2 hours ago, chasingdaisy said:

@MiAmour that finger 'sshhh' is killing me lol

hi everyone! just decide to drop by because i was logged on soompi. i feel like i've been waiting for this drama for years and can't believe that there'll only one week left to wait.

just a question, do we know if Dramafever or ViKi decide to take this? i'm sorry if this was mentioned pages back, i havent got the chance to backtrack :ph34r:

It was just announced that Netflix has the exclusive international rights for Man to Man. 

Woman + Man × Man + Woman + Man + Man for Man to Man

by Buhdoop

ManToMan_6poster.jpg

JTBC has released a few new posters and one new character description for its upcoming drama Man to Man, and I love them to bits. Man to Man has a kind of quirky hard-to-define genre mashup that looks like a nice mix between James Bond and Mission: Impossible with a little Get Smart thrown in, and it’ll be exciting to see if it all comes together.

The drama will be about an unusual bromance between Park Hae-jin (Cheese in the Trap) and Park Sung-woong (Remember—Son’s War). The way they styled him in the posters makes Park Hae-jin’s character, Kim Seol-woo, look every bit the elite ghost agent that he is. Seol-woo has a 100-percent success rate with each mission and never compromises his identity. On the other hand, Park Sung-woong’s character Yeo Woon-kwang is a badass Hallyu star on TV, but the difference between how he’s styled in the first poster and the second makes it seem like perhaps he’s hiding a not-so-badass personality in real life.

The third poster hints at the potential romance between Park Hae-jin and Kim Min-jung (Master of Trade—Inn 2015), who plays Cha Do-ha, Park Sung-woong’s No. 1 dyed-in-the-wool fan since high school. She has climbed the mountain of fandom and is now a manager for her oppa. Her fangirl spidey sense is on point, because she is the first to notice something is amiss with his new bodyguard. However, I’m sure she didn’t expect to get swept off her feet by him.

The group poster presents the main cast of Man to Man in all its glory. On the far left is Chae Jung-ahn (Entertainer) who plays the elegant Song Mi-eun. Song Mi-eun climbed up the social ladder when she went from promising actress to the wife of third generation chaebol Mo Seung-jae, played by Yeon Jung-hoon (Mask). She’s a glamorous woman who has a secret wound from a past relationship, while her husband is an ambitious chaebol who will be the source of evil in our drama.

And finally, on the far right and rounding out the main cast we have a new character! Jung Man-shik (Neighborhood Hero, Asura) plays Lee Dong-hyun, a former National Intelligence Service agent who is Park Hae-jin’s strongest ally. He is described as a very elusive character with a big presence who will add additional layers of fun and tension to the drama. All the characters are said to have interweaving storylines with each other, which will hopefully lead to some hilariously unpredictable moments.

JTBC’s Man to Man is written by Kim Won-seok (second writer on Descended From the Sun) and directed by Lee Chang-min (Remember–Son’s War). It will air at 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays beginning April 21.

MantoMan1.jpg

Spoiler

MantoMan3.jpg

cr:: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/woman-man-man-woman-man-man-for-man-to-man/

On 4/14/2017 at 0:32 AM, triplem said:

Just watching PHJ's expressions alone , I know we will be in for a treat. 

Has many funny scenes :D...i've seen trailer today live...and i like our lead guy this way...so far most of him for me were serious scenes

Lead girl at first was kid of strange to me...but more i see her more she kind of fit 

On 4/14/2017 at 5:55 AM, charray said:

Some more......only 7 days to airing date....why is it still so quiet and not much buzz in this Sompi thread yet? Nobody watching? ☹️

Will come...don't you worry chingu...many guys starts to go to thread after drama begins :)

2 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Has many funny scenes :D...i've seen trailer today live...and i like our lead guy this way...so far most of him for me were serious scenes

Lead girl at first was kid of strange to me...but more i see her more she kind of fit 

Will come...don't you worry chingu...many guys starts to go to thread after drama begins :)

Woot ! Happy to see you here. Love phj for the longest time. It's nice to see him do a bit of comedy. 

Archived