[Drama 2017] Man To Man 맨투맨

mysignisflower

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, farhah_1986 said:

May I know when will this drama air...After finish Goblin...I'm looking a drama that is worth to watch...I'm glad that I watch Goblin and I miss it..So I need a new drama that can fill that hole..Hopefully this drama worth to watch

@farhah_1986, welcome to Man to Man thread.
Right now it is potentially set to air in June.

I get what you write about Goblin. You might want in the meantime to try a drama that just started or will start sooner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hidden backs and handholds for Man to Man

mantoman_15.jpg

Read article on Dramabeans

On 1/23/2017 at 8:44 PM, irilight said:

Right now it is potentially set to air in June.

That's like so far away. I have missed PHJ.  I had to force myself to even watch one of his chinese dramas...

2 hours ago, MiAmour said:

I dont think its on June, since they gonna air on first half of this year,

possibly in May :rolleyes:

Oh goody. May is still far away but definitely better than June.

• 2 weeks later...

So the premiere date has been set on April's 21st! :wink:

Man to Man confirms April premiere on JTBC

by girlfriday | February 13, 2017 | 29 Comments

63a2Opl.jpg

At last, we have a confirmed airdate for Park Hae-jin’s new drama Man to Man, which will be JTBC’s new Friday-Saturday series this April after Strong Woman Do Bong-soon ends. JTBC’s other pre-produced drama The Package was initially being considered for the timeslot, but it went to Man to Man instead, which does seem much farther along in production considering all the stills and posters we’ve seen. It’s great news for me, since I’ve been dying to see Park Hae-jin in action as a super-secret ghost agent.

The new comic-melo-spy-action drama stars Park Hae-jin as a mysterious black ops agent who becomes a bodyguard to a Hallyu star, played by Park Sung-woong (Remember–Son’s War). Bromance and action have been promised in abundance, so I’m pretty hyped about the bromantic pairing. Also on the star’s staff is Kim Min-jung (Gap-dong), as Park Sung-woong’s biggest fan who eventually became his manager.

Yeon Jung-hoon (Mask) co-stars as the villain, a chaebol heir with insatiable ambition. Yeon Jung-hoon and Park Hae-jin reunited on set nine years after their epic melodrama East of Eden, where they played two men swapped at birth: That time, Yeon Jung-hoon was the poor, hard-working one and Park Hae-jin was the chaebol rival, and this time, Park Hae-jin will play the hero to Yeon Jung-hoon’s chaebol villain, which is a fun little reversal.

Additional stills show Park Hae-jin in multiple disguises as an agent, so I’m anticipating some pretty cool secret identities every time he’s on a new assignment. We don’t know yet why an elite agent would become a Hallyu star’s bodyguard, but the curiosity is killing me, so their plan seems to have worked.

Man to Man premieres April 21 on JTBC.

cr

39 minutes ago, dhakra said:

Seems like an interesting drama and I want to watch Chae Jung Ahn in another role. 

So I'm in.

I have high expectations. It's my favourite oppa after all! 61d7af49a72e62a303551e4768467d98.jpg

50 minutes ago, triplem said:

I have high expectations. It's my favourite oppa after all! 

Uh, this is going to be interesting when YOU have high expecations. I'm looking forward to that.

Chae Jung Ahn played a role in 'coffee prince' and despite her role there, I want to see her beauty again.

2 hours ago, dhakra said:

Uh, this is going to be interesting when YOU have high expecations. I'm looking forward to that.

Chae Jung Ahn played a role in 'coffee prince' and despite her role there, I want to see her beauty again.

Heol! Am I detecting a tinge of sarcasm , hmm? ... but     Since it's cable  plus bromance plus action plus it's pre-produced with location shoots in Hungary, I'm anticipating that it will be awesome. My oppa here has been working hard ..look at how much weight he's lost ...

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

Heol! Am I detecting a tinge of sarcasm , hmm? ... but     Since it's cable  plus bromance plus action plus it's pre-produced with location shoots in Hungary, I'm anticipating that it will be awesome. My oppa here has been working hard ..look at how much weight he's lost ...

I would never dare to use sarcasm. :ph34r::rolleyes: Let's just say that I got used to your "a hot oppa is enough"-reasoning towards a drama. To discover that you have high expectations towards a drama makes the whole thing way more interesting. That I seek for perfection and drop dramas like crazy is well known. It will be interesting to read what you have to say when it comes down to your favourite oppa in a new drama.

Like I said, I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Man to Man teases James Bond cat and mouse games

by girlfriday

QbyKWj6.jpg

It’s finally here—the first teaser for JTBC’s new spy bromance drama Man to Man. It’s a frustratingly teensy glimpse at the two leads, but am I going to complain about Park Hae-jin (Cheese in the Trap) and Park Sung-woong (Remember–Son’s War) in tuxedos? I think not.

The pre-produced series from PD Lee Chang-min (Remember–Son’s War) and writer Kim Won-seok (second writer on Descended From the Sun) is a comic-melo-spy-action mashup about a secret agent who becomes a bodyguard to an actor. Park Hae-jin stars as a mysterious ghost agent with elite black ops training, and for reasons unknown his mission is to act as a bodyguard to a Hallyu star. Park Sung-woong co-stars as the actor whose claim to fame is playing badass villains, and he’s got secrets of his own that threaten his future.

Rounding out the main cast is Kim Min-jung (Gap-dong) as Park Sung-woong’s biggest fan who actually goes from being his fanclub president to working as his manager. Yeon Jung-hoon (Mask) plays a chaebol heir with insatiable greed and ambition who will become a foe to our heroes, and Chae Jung-ahn (Entertainer) plays his wife.

The show’s first teaser has Park Hae-jin and Park Sung-woong playing a cat and mouse game through a funhouse of mirrors, each in sleek tuxedos like they’re in the middle of a James Bond movie. It paints Park Sung-woong in a very mysterious light to have him chased by Park Hae-jin and evade capture at every turn, but I love the imagery of Park Hae-jin surrounded by all these reflections. Even more intriguing is the very end, when he shoots at the moving target only to come face to face with… himself? Great, now I’m suspicious of everyone…

Man to Man follows Strong Woman Do Bong-soon on Fridays and Saturdays beginning April 21.

cr

Archived