[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/08/25/w-two-worlds-episode-10-when-the-villains-take-over-your-webtoon/

W – Two Worlds Episode 10: When The Villains Take Over Your Webtoon

By TessandClock

( ok, this site is the site that i rant last week regarding the Two recapers critics YJ. i take it that since (she and she) didnt reply, means she took my famous "Agree to disagree" method to tone-down my fury inquiry. then this week, you can read what they say, not very nice things about YJ. i was thinking after last week display of my ramblings over what they said, i shall not write them off, and go back to read what they said, i used to like Couch kimchi for other dramas in past... but this one.

i can't cut and paste, so i will rewrite some parts that i totally disagreed, and will NOT AGREE to DISAGREE, not this time when they are so unrelenting about snubbing YJ at ep 8-9.

them: "i agree which is why i though she was too mopey last week. She didn't spend enough time with him to be that heart-broken...." (Me: what, she spend all her life reading and supporting the comic, having SB himself laugh at her that everyone knows she is crazy with KC, and when she really met him for real. she started fallin in the abyss by the second kiss... when she realised she is becoming the main lead... do we really need to see OTP spend months bickering then considered enough times spends... btw, chemsitry is NOT generate thru times. )
them: "Can someone please tell her that they didnt actually get married. their marriage is even more fictional than the webtoon she's in." (Me: Excuse me, if its just fictional, why we find Chul himself beaming and suggesting Option4 everynow and then, if SoHee not disappearing and he didn't have a vision of YJ shot, by that very Night, we may even see Option 4 materialised, marriage consummated. what fictional? W-comic can instantly turned into Marvel-style by that night. )

them: "hopefully it would be enough to make her realise that there are more at stakes here than her romance and Chul's happy ending.... it did feel a bit all over the place, i really believed the writer needs to ground the romance because i am not feeling it." (Ouch! methink, i am feeding pearls to swine, preaching to the cows, okay, nuff said.)

almost spoil my mood today.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cyang923 said:

how did he escape the hotel room

who draw the entrance door for him?

@cyang923 The room's door is still there from inside the room it is accessible that why KC could go out but as soon he closed the door, the wall covered it again.  YJ covered it when she drew wall in order to keep KC's safety, so no one can see a door and couldn't be accessed from outside.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yeon Joo: Yah~ Kang Chul Tang

Kang Chul: Uh?

Yeon Joo: Hungry me (My comment: YJ is saying “hungry” in Korean, then adding the word “me” in English, so it sounds odd to the KC.)

Kang Chul: Hungry me?

Yeon Joo: Hungry me!

Kang Chul: Come here. (patting his lap)

Yeon Joo: Hungry me!!!

Kang Chul: Come here. (pats his lap again)

Yeon Joo: Are you going to feed me?

Yeon Joo: Are you going to feed me!! 

Yeon Joo: Hungry me!!!

Kang Chul: “Hungry me” is the language of what country~ k

Yeon Joo: Again…

Staff are discussing whether items will be in the shot or not and moves things in the background.

(Kang Chul rubs his tummy.) (I’m also kind of hungry.)

Staff offscreen: Okay! Let’s go!!

(Kang Chul who almost took a chop out of a bag and was putting it in his mouth, puts it back in the bag.)

Scene:

Kang Chul: Do you like having a lot of bacon in it?

Yeon Joo: What did you just say?

Director: Cut. Do it again. Let’s do it again. This time, when Yeon Joo’s face comes into view, Yeon Joo visual has to be held longer before you speak.

9While director is talking, KC finally eats a chip.)

Yeon Joo: Me, too. (KC feeds YJ a chip.)

Kang Chul: I’m hungry. (while eating chips)

Staff: Yes, we’re almost done. 

(My first time watching a W BTS. Wow, LJS and HHJ really are comfortable with each other on the set.)

@stroppyse thanks. that's so great. to confirm he did 'goof' around 'tempting' her to sit on his lap ... thinking and imagining that it can happen, is real nice.  (sorry for cutting post)

• Like 5

14 hours ago, dhia205 said:

thanks god we have tons of good recapper and translator here... when i miss something they always be there for me LOL..

but still me too, yelling and pull my hair "what the...why he end up with gun his hand".. "no way run run run..."..."gosh... he got a shoot" :P:sweatingbullets:

OMG chingu I have no idea how anyone could have recapped the first 20mins of todays episode. At 9mins I was freaking out so much when Yeon Joo came back into that office. I had to get up and walk away from my laptopjcdragon.gif..I thought No Face Daddy was going to get her.  Thanks for the screencaps:wub:

@nonski (Thanks as always for the shout out) @yren @drmjs @Yippeuni @sharreb @ilwoo_aein@Rania Zeid @andy78@ezze@spicyfoodie @jeonghyang

Thanks for the recaps/screencaps/tweetcaps and gif caps.

@Kasmic Thanks for joining us and for the screencaps:D

@alleram95 Thank you for the translation

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

I really like how you put it, especially about KC being "too rational for his own romance." <3 And thinking over what you wrote, I realized that a part of why it's not working well for me is that I've almost never seen KC vulnerable in the context of the romance. He's always so in control of his actions and his words, even to Yeon Joo. I think the only time would be when he hallucinated YJ being shot in the head and he couldn't help but hug her. I think being emotionally vulnerable is a big part of falling and being in love, especially in front of the one you love. So I hope to see that in KC someday. Come on, Kang Chul. I WANT TO BELIEVE. Hehehe. :D

@Ondine so agreed. some times we are so blessed in this forum, pampered by all these liked minded Worldiz and we swoon together in this "W-soompi fanworld", forgetting that the "real world" outside may not be that kind to YJ. the female leads always gotten kicked more than the male leads, duno why? and it doesn't help if recapers of certain famous popular site always bear certain prejudice and believed that KC wasn't that smitten by YJ. that they can say loudly that he's do not make them feel he's falling for her as much as her into him.... it just doesn't help with not enough scenes given to closed up into Chul's gaze....
beside your moments of Chul hug her after that hallucination... i totally is made a believer of this Ship by his confession at her hospital rooftop, saying knowing all her feels make him want to do that (kissed her), asking her not to be coy, and moved when she keep telling him not to go away, stay and she as usual always understand exactly how lost he felt, he gazed silently as she rambling on about don't go away... i loved it at those scene, when the gal turned to leave, and suddenly the lad just swung her around and draw her close, a strong and passionate kiss followed... wow. that was one of my Fav screen-kiss. now, ep 10 Motel's "Kiss in tears" taken over that spot of Best Kiss.
and that Prison visitor-room, that moments when YJ confessed her love and vanished, that Look on his face, shocked, touched, overwhelmed, fear, lost.... vulnerable..... discovered its his feeling that sent her back to her world, that its not just her loving him, but he did loved her back, we just need more moments of that look of Chul, staring blank, mediating, then smile faintly, closed his eyes to sucumb to wahtever befall him, realising there's pretty nothing he can do to stop himself "Falling In."

while its true Chul need MORE of these moments, but its NOT void of such moments, we just need to be sensitive to see. and BE A BELIEVER to see. our eyes refused to see what our heart don't believe, that explain why some biased recappers and antifans just can't.

• Like 9

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/w-two-worlds-episode-11/

dramabeans has always been my original home for drama-swooning. they never fail me.
you got to read the actual article in full to understand. but here's a short cut-paste:

"But I love that he took his sweet time to tell her the truth, and that he actually started the homework in the first timeline to repay her for saving him, and then restarted it in the second timeline for saving him again. It’s just so perfectly cyclical how they’ll always end up with him discovering that he’s a manhwa character because of his curiosity about her, which is unavoidable because Yeon-joo will never sit back and just let him die. It’s what started the cycle in the first place—her sincere desire to save his life—and now it seems inevitable that her intervention will always lead to his self-awareness.

I find it so fascinating that in the first timeline, Kang Chul discovering that he was a manhwa character threw him into a deep pit of despair, so dark that he shot his creator to prove his free will and then killed himself on a bridge; but in the second timeline, the despair came from circumstances in the manhwa world. And reading W—in particular, his storyline with Yeon-joo, which was not part of the manhwa series when he read it the first time—brought him out of depression and gave him a reason not to give up on his life. I just really loved it when he asked her what happens in the next volume for Kang Chul AND Yeon-joo, not just Kang Chul. Because beginning with that volume, it really became their story, not his.

And I enjoyed that he didn’t magically “remember” her, because there’s something more bittersweet and heartfelt about him seeing their relationship from the outside, and recognizing Yeon-joo’s pain and feeling frustrated that he might be the source of it without knowing. It’s a way to use the meta-upon-meta framework of the narrative in a romantically angsty, but satisfying way, and it worked so well for me emotionally over the last two episodes."

ok, the feels of reading a good soulful recaps is back. Dramabeans saved me from a ruined bad taste after reading a biased take(or snub) on YJ & her feels towards Chul. when you feels she the recappers speak your mind to defend for your character that you want to fight for but couldnt.

(sorry, elviraxxx, didn't noticed you posted earlier on.)

• Like 15

This is OFF TOPIC.  Mods if this is not acceptable please delete. I subscribe to SnackFever and this month they have a special with Viki. One of the perks is a months free pass. I already have Viki pass and am willing to give this away. First person to private message I will give you all the information. 

thanks

17 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/08/25/w-two-worlds-episode-10-when-the-villains-take-over-your-webtoon/

W – Two Worlds Episode 10: When The Villains Take Over Your Webtoon

By TessandClock

( ok, this site is the site that i rant last week regarding the Two recapers critics YJ. i take it that since (she and she) didnt reply, means she took my famous "Agree to disagree" method to tone-down my fury inquiry. then this week, you can read what they say, not very nice things about YJ. i was thinking after last week display of my ramblings over what they said, i shall not write them off, and go back to read what they said, i used to like Couch kimchi for other dramas in past... but this one.

i can't cut and paste, so i will rewrite some parts that i totally disagreed, and will NOT AGREE to DISAGREE, not this time when they are so unrelenting about snubbing YJ at ep 8-9.

them: "i agree which is why i though she was too mopey last week. She didn't spend enough time with him to be that heart-broken...." (Me: what, she spend all her life reading and supporting the comic, having SB himself laugh at her that everyone knows she is crazy with KC, and when she really met him for real. she started fallin in the abyss by the second kiss... when she realised she is becoming the main lead... do we really need to see OTP spend months bickering then considered enough times spends... btw, chemsitry is NOT generate thru times. )
them: "Can someone please tell her that they didnt actually get married. their marriage is even more fictional than the webtoon she's in." (Me: Excuse me, if its just fictional, why we find Chul himself beaming and suggesting Option4 everynow and then, if SoHee not disappearing and he didn't have a vision of YJ shot, by that very Night, we may even see Option 4 materialised, marriage consummated. what fictional? W-comic can instantly turned into Marvel-style by that night. )

them: "hopefully it would be enough to make her realise that there are more at stakes here than her romance and Chul's happy ending.... it did feel a bit all over the place, i really believed the writer needs to ground the romance because i am not feeling it." (Ouch! methink, i am feeding pearls to swine, preaching to the cows, okay, nuff said.)

almost spoil my mood today.

@maryofbethany Aigooo darling.. don't let them spoiled you mood because they failed to see the essence from the story. I can't help my self but laugh when you said about preaching to the cows :lol:

They forgot that KC was created based on YJ's ideal man. After reading KC's whole story and became sympathize for his tragic lost of his family somehow made a deep mark in YJ's heart. Remember when YJ said she was crying with KC when she read about KC's first trial to kill himself because he was desparate to live? It just needed a trigger to make that feeling grows into love. So for YJ, KC's existence has been already in her heart for long time. So when YJ saved him and saw him in real person. in blood and flesh, how could she ignored him and just let her father went to kill him? 

That subtle feeling for Chul grows bigger when she kissed him for the first time, she touched her lips right? Same thing happened in ep 11. It sent another tremble to her heart that lead her to fall for KC. People said that YJ shoudn't be that heartbroken must forgot about this.

Their other acquaintances only made both side aware their feeling for each other.

As for KC who has never been in love before, falling in love is new for him. But it didn't lessen his feeling for YJ coz he is willing give up his life in order to protect her is already a big point how important YJ for KC. After finding out the ugly truth about his life, meeting YJ is still the best part of it.

For YJ it just made her fell in love with KC more til the point of no return. How could they expect YJ won't suffered after losing KC who jumped off himself from the rooftop in order to protect her? That is insane if really happen to a person. Watching love one killing himself before your eyes is cruel and beyond words to say. And to add more YJ had to erase herself from KC's memories in order to keep everything back together. It's painful things to do. So when YJ felt so heartbroken is should be easy to understand and relate. Losing someone she loves dearly before her eyes and made him totally forgot about herself is really painful. It's not about how long they both invested their time together but it's more about how much you gave and invested your feeling and yourself in the relationship. 

Both KC and YJ are willingly to give up them self in order to save one another. 

About the marriage it is legal tho. Although it happened in W world. They are husband and wife legally in paper. That's why Mr. Song was worried about the finance things. If it's not real, SH won't be disappear. Their rings indicates their bonding as a couple. YJ's ring is still exist meaning their marriage is real. Although I'm not sure what happened to Chul's ring. I hope it will appear again as he finally remember what happened before.

The rings also becomes the reason why  the culprit's after YJ as his next target. She became part of KC and also could be hurt.

People who said their marriage is a fiction fail to see these connection.:angry:

I'm so agree if they were not disturbed by KC's guard, DY, SH and the culprit, probably we already given option 4 part lol. :lol:

• Like 18