[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

12 minutes ago, jennnnchowwww said:

Does anyone know if ep 9 will be aired tonight? This drama is too good to not watch! 

as I know episode 9 will air today!! :D

10 minutes ago, kasjady said:

After watching episode 7, I swear I feel like I'm in English class ... from why, who, context, purpose and variables LOL

From the preview it looks like we might be getting an identity for the Killer. If it's using the characters we know, it could be the prosecutor or even his best friend/bodyguard. If it's the prosecutor then it would make sense, if it's his best friend - KC wouldn't be able to accept that. However since the bodyguard disappears whenever faceless is around it's possible. It could even be that reporter friend of his.... or an entirely new character (which I would rather have). 

With YJ I wonder if it's because she held on to the ring that she was able to remember everything. 

Is YJ back in her own world, have both worlds completely merged into the one or are we getting an overlap? 

Ahhhhh my heads hurting from all these assumptions. 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ow!! all the W/H question we used with this drama!! no wonder it's called W!!! :sweatingbullets:

I don't know but the prosecuter can't fit phusiquely to the hooded man's traits and Do Yoon was frozen like everyone else in the W world when Kang Cheol entred the real world so it's mot likely a new wharacter and I'd love that!! :D give him a character so Kang Cheol can make him suffer and pay for all he did to him (and me since he almost caused me a heart attack)!!

Yeon Joo can't forget because she's from th real world and can't draw heerself to forgt!! it was him asking heer to let go of him and live her life and find a real man to love and make a life with since he's only a manhwa character!! :heartbreak: 

hhhhhhhhhhhh that's W's effect chingu!! :D

19 minutes ago, sharreb said:

@stroppyse Yup i thk in tbe end it worked out well that last week ep 8 was cancelled.cause now atleast we only need to wait 24h for ep9 instead of 6days.

Ive chk MBC facebook pg. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1299459590087085&id=128219733877749

This is a link on a video of Lee jong suk on W set.

Super stoked ep9 will be with us in 10hrs.

@thea2410 those gifs so heartbreaking. He looks at his fingets feeling sth is missing. And yeonjoo .. I wanna cry with her

@sakura2016 i thk so too. Although im not sure when it will hit him but his heart knows her. If he could look at her the firsttime and felt shes the key. Whoseto say it wont happen again. Although him not knowing her now that it has been rewritten its also romantic to see him fall for her again although at the expense of yeonjoo being super sad ryt now. I would love to see tenderness and recognition in kang chul's eyes again. We just hit halfway point of this drama but the ups and downs. I cant believe we felt so much in just 8 ep. Ppl on naver were commenting how dramatic ep 8 was that it felt like an episode before finale (like an ep 15) so writernim kudos to you. W so far stays awesome cause of a constantly moving storyline that keeps us guessing throwing out hypothesis cheering and then crying and of course electric chemistry between LJS and HHJ.

yes!! this drama is really AWESOME and it's getting more and more better that I'm really impressed and can't find a way to show how much I'm in love with this drama!! EVERY THING/ONE is doing a greeat job!! :heart::heart::heart: 

PS: sorry for everyonee who quoted mee or mentioned mee and I didn't reeply to him/her!! I have manyyyyyyyyyyyyy pages to backread and my notifications aren't the best, sorry!! :)

• Like 6

Don't lose hope chingus! They haven't show those cycling and ice cream scenes yet right? I'm halfway to epi 8 so hopefully not shown yet >.<

For epi 9 preview, I'm guessing that SH is in the black car. Can't bear watching them being so close instead of our YJ. As for the last scene, most likely KC called YJ name from her uniform name tag? Although I very much prefer KC to rem her.

Somehow I'm grateful to Olympics and MBC to show episode 8 this week so we can have episode 9 if not I think it's super horrible to wait another week. Episode 8 is so so heartbreaking with that episode 9 preview :~

I hope dad assistant is fine the one who got strangled and dad will quickly fix some stuff in epi 9!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

[!] "W-Two Worlds" to broadcast as usual tonight! MBC will broadcast episode 9. 

Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0003611765

They will not broadcast 2 ep at once? *still hoping...

Because last week they badly disappointed us by airing 1 ep [regardless of the special episode]?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dominjoonssi said:

the plot will move on but there should be certain repeats in the plot. e.g. Kim Boong-do in QIMH sold his sword 3 times and Choi Hee-jin keeps ending up injured and in the hospital.

Agree. Maybe it will be KC jumping off Han River Bridge / Rooftop as the repeating clue ?

1st : KC jumped off Han River Bridge
YJ's dad saw him hanging on bridge next morning. (we still don't know what happened, strong speculation it was KC's strong will to survive OR that YJ's strong emotion for him to survive planted the surviving thought in KJ; but KC has memories of being submerged in water)

2nd : KC jumped off Han River Bridge in Real-World
Two months in real world passed and YJ was pulled into W-world Han River to save KC (or rather she wrote the saving speedboat with divers)

3rd : KC jumped off rooftop (last night's episode). Events roll-backed to a past date for KC.

I have yet to watch Ep9 with English sub for full understanding BUT I don't think it is amnesia (lost memory due to illness/accident). The events rolled back in time so they are suppose to be not ever happened before for KC. Similar to NINE times Nine Travel as someone pointed out earlier. But in that drama, the body remembers and somewhere deep in memory something remembers so this could happen for KC too (of course after few episodes of angst :) )

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

oh!! why back to silent lurking chingu?!! :( we'd love to read your posts sharing your thoughts and love for W with us!! :wub: make sur to come back with more posts after today's episode or I'll hunt you in your dreams!! :P 

as long as the amnesia is used the write way it's will be in great use for our OTP relationship and journey!! it was used in "I Can Here Your Voice" but it was used the right way and gave a push to the characters and their journey!! I really loved it though I was dying at the same time but in a good way!! :D

it's Yeon Joo is in Kang Cheol's world not Kang Cheol in hers!! the scene where he told her "it's a beautiful ring" was when he was discharged from the hospital of his world!! and she did make herself part of his world as a doctor in his world's hospital!!

Haha, considering the fact that I haven't slept in 4 days, I'm pretty sure I won't have the energy to dream the next time I knock myself out for a few hours. Thanks but I'm actually more comfortable silently lurking anyways. Initially I wanted to join the forum because I wanted to feed off of the happiness and passion from you awesome people. I wanted to appreciate the drama with an open mind and simply bask in the love. Reading the comments and following this thread has brought me great pleasure but at the same time, great distress.

I underestimated how passionate and analytical you guys are and reading your thoughts have made me fall back to old nasty habits. These days, I find myself critiquing every little detail to the point where I can't enjoy episodes with a positive attitude. I subconsciously "make things out of nothing." It annoys me too... Over the years I've given up on watching HK dramas, Cdramas, Jdramas, Thai lakorns, Pinoy dramas, and North American TV series because I've lost the ability to enjoy them for all it's glory. If I give up on Kdramas too, I'll probably need to find myself a shrink and sign myself up for some therapy sessions. 

Lovely_skham's feedback gave me a reality check, a much needed one because I was starting to get attached to this forum. 

I'll keep watching the drama and maybe drop by to like a few posts from time to time... but I'll pass on the commenting. :grin:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kasjady said:

After watching episode 7, I swear I feel like I'm in English class ... from why, who, context, purpose and variables LOL

From the preview it looks like we might be getting an identity for the Killer. If it's using the characters we know, it could be the prosecutor or even his best friend/bodyguard. If it's the prosecutor then it would make sense, if it's his best friend - KC wouldn't be able to accept that. However since the bodyguard disappears whenever faceless is around it's possible. It could even be that reporter friend of his.... or an entirely new character (which I would rather have). 

With YJ I wonder if it's because she held on to the ring that she was able to remember everything. 

Is YJ back in her own world, have both worlds completely merged into the one or are we getting an overlap? 

Ahhhhh my heads hurting from all these assumptions. 

But killer is in real world so the character who is the killer should not have been shown in today's episode..because that character has to be missing .. right?

Can't be second leads - male or female, prosecutor is one we weren't show so wonder...

• Like 5

OMG!! What's with these two? They are not filming though..Jongsuk treats Hyojoo like a real husband..He softly touch Hyojoo's hair..Then he pinch her cheeks..So sweet~ :heart:

Does Jongsuk have 'real' feelings for Hyojoo? I'm not a shipper though but i adore our OTP. Their chemistry is amazing.

CqHCuXkUsAAbqDi.jpg

CqHCt4xVYAA7eRw.jpg

• Like 24

16 minutes ago, sunl0ver said:

Agree. Maybe it will be KC jumping off Han River Bridge / Rooftop as the repeating clue ?

1st : KC jumped off Han River Bridge
YJ's dad saw him hanging on bridge next morning. (we still don't know what happened, strong speculation it was KC's strong will to survive OR that YJ's strong emotion for him to survive planted the surviving thought in KJ; but KC has memories of being submerged in water)

2nd : KC jumped off Han River Bridge in Real-World
Two months in real world passed and YJ was pulled into W-world Han River to save KC (or rather she wrote the saving speedboat with divers)

3rd : KC jumped off rooftop (last night's episode). Events roll-backed to a past date for KC.

I have yet to watch Ep9 with English sub for full understanding BUT I don't think it is amnesia (lost memory due to illness/accident). The events rolled back in time so they are suppose to be not ever happened before for KC. Similar to NINE times Nine Travel as someone pointed out earlier. But in that drama, the body remembers and somewhere deep in memory something remembers so this could happen for KC too (of course after few episodes of angst :) )

n

So, you are saying that someone still has to write the story for it to revive itself..

e.g. YJ had to write after KC jumped into the water - YJ wanted KC saved for two months but nothing happened, KC couldn't save himself despite YJ wanting him, killer with his dire sense of continuing the story could only get 'to be continued' but could not save KC.. SOMEBODY had to save him by drawing it

e.g once he jumps off the roof...YJ still has to draw to save him.. not by mere hoping or anything..

So, when KC jumped off the bridge the very first time.. someone wrote / drew him hanging onto that bridge.. most likely built a situation that he is thinking of jumping and he dreamt being in water..but essentially hung to the railing..

BUT SOMEBODY DEFINITELY DREW IT.. it wasn't the tablet, it wasn't on their own.. story changes on its own when KC changes it..but when KC has made up his mind to die..story would not have changed..

OOOh.is there someone else we don' know about who is involved?? - Mother? - well she is the only character left with no real reason to be around

• Like 7

W–Two Worlds: Episode 8

by girlfriday | August 17, 2016 | 25 Comments

w08-00328a.jpg

I… was going to write words, and they were going to make sense, and they were going to be about W. Perhaps they would’ve been words about the love story, or about the fantasy-within-a-fantasy wish-fulfillment of this heightened world, or about my feelings, because I have a lot of them while watching this show. But then I watched this episode, and then my brain exploded.

The End.

Or is it just the beginning?

COMMENTS

Excuse me while I go dig myself a dark hole to go cry in for the next twelve hours. I can’t believe we just reset Kang Chul’s whole world back to zero. He’ll never know that he loved her! And she has to carry all their happy memories all by herself! You guys, when they did this to Buffy and Angel, I cried for DAYS. Is this writer trying to kill me with my own emotions? Because it seems like that’s what she’s trying to do. She’s clearly also trying to break my brain, because now we’re adding a new time element to the story, where we’ve gone back in Kang Chul’s timeline but forward in Yeon-joo’s, and we have absolutely no idea what the rules are for messing with time in the manhwa world. Is it like amnesia? Could something trigger a past-future memory? And what’s to keep Kang Chul from doing the same thing all over again, if it’s already in his nature to ask all those questions and become self-aware?

Now I see why it felt like we’d zoomed through an entire drama in the first six episodes, and Episodes 7 and 8 turned out to be an interlude in fantasyland—because now we’re starting all over again. Though to what end is anybody’s guess. I feel like we’re embarking on a behavioral experiment, to see if our characters will make the same choices all over again. And if so, is that predetermination, or free will? Because if Kang Chul is in danger, will Yeon-joo really be able to stop herself from saving him? And if she already saved him on the roof, what’s to keep him from looking for her and writing her character into the manhwa like last time?

This is such a cruel story turn for Yeon-joo, but I don’t mind the romantic angst that we get in return, because this is the type of amnesia arc that I actually like, where you get to anticipate the characters falling in love a second time. And it can be sweet rather than angsty, a la I Hear Your Voice, so that makes me feel slightly better about Yeon-joo having to be the only one who knows how good they could’ve had it. Slightly. And plotwise, there’s even more at stake because we don’t know what the ripple effect will be if Kang Chul does fall in love with her again and suddenly remembers things from the first timeline. Bah, are we going to have to make parallel timeline charts? I didn’t really anticipate homework. Time-bending really does a number on me.

w08-00337.jpg

It’s time for Dad to get involved, that’s for sure, though I don’t know if he has much choice in the matter after No-Face kidnapped him. But can he undo the damage that ten years of lazy writing and bad character motivation has done? I guess that’s what retconning is for. I’m amused that even the killer is having an existential crisis, because it makes him seem more human and relatable, despite not having a face. Though that still doesn’t explain why the hell he gets speech bubbles even in the real world. There are a lot of reasons to suspect that Yeon-joo’s world isn’t even the real world, but that one is extra fishy if you ask me. Also, how come the rules change in every episode?! How’s a watcher supposed to know what danger lurks around the next act break with the rules always shifting like sand? It’s stressful!

It’s an interesting conundrum to wish that fate would prevail and draw Kang Chul and Yeon-joo back to each other, while also hoping that they can rise above their predetermined fates. When Kang Chul just gave up his free will in order to save everyone around him, it was crushing—more than him giving up his love—because he’d come to understand how utterly pointless his entire existence was, and yet was willing to just go back to that endless hamster wheel knowingly. Part of it felt like the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect the people he loves, and part of it felt like defeat, because he’d seen the outer limits of his world and how much damage going outside your predetermined path could do. I just wish he’d been more sympathetic to the fact that Yeon-joo now has to return to her normal life being the only one to remember their love. Okay, so Su-bong might remember. What would we do without you, Su-bong?!

Read more at http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/w-two-worlds-episode-8/

• Like 16

the writer is really brilliant, he made us viewers to think also, coz everything is unpredictable. Some are complaining for having the amnesia being thrown, but that was the signature of this writer, i have watch both nine and queen in hyun, i already expected this, they will have a reset. Nine is much worse for the reset coz her girlfriend not only forgot him but also became his niece, it was more tragic in nine compare in W.

• Like 8

Celebs who had amazing chemistry on screen

By alim17    6 hours ago    54,000    2,187    53

Some couples fall flat in K-dramas and some are believable and sweet - but then there are some who seem so real that dating scandals explode and a fleet of ships heavy with fans sail out on sea!

Check out these couples below who had such great chemistry that the drama really came alive!  The ones that found themselves entangled in dating rumors are noted, as well!

Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo in 'W'

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/celebs-who-had-amazing-chemistry-on-screen

• Like 12

Didn't bother to back read everything since my last post (many pages have passed). So I'll commenting on Episode 8 for now.

The first half is still a continuation of episode 7(happy moments) with a bit of seriousness of the issues they faced. Looks like they're becoming self aware or something. SH is disappearing because like KC said she wouldn't have any purpose at all. For the second half it's the flip side of Episode 7 very angst y and I believe it will continue on Episode 9. Poor YJ she's going to be in pain (more I mean). I was right on the prediction that YJ's dad or someone has to draw the mysterious hooded man a identity. It's very hard to have a character with only one purpose at all. Hopefully they could've come up with a motivation as well. I read some comments/posts that KC loves YJ that he doesn't want to see her die.

Can't wait for the next episode. Hopefully it will show us if KC's plan worked if the hooded man is not in the real world. Luckily we have one (I think). 

I'm still satisfied on what they have telling us so far.

• Like 6

It's not amnesia. It's rewriting/revision. In the language of time traveling, it's restarting a point in time, or a whole universe -- hello, Doctor Who!

I lost track of the events, so please answer the following:

1. Is the webtoon already finished? I mean, it's no longer in publication?  (okay, it's still running.) If it ends its run, then what will happen to the W world?

2. How was the killer able to dematerialize in the elevator after attacking Kang Cheol?

3. Can OSM or YJ just kill the hooded man character? Or like KC, s/he has free will to change the course of the story?

I encourage you to watch Nine and Signal after this. 

• Like 8