[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

Only started watching BGS  this past weekend..didn't think I was going to like it, but wahhh, I love it..gobbled up all the episodes & want more !  

episode 10..the eating scene..really got to me..Ahn dan tae was moved to the point of tears (so was I) someone really cares about him..sob..and of course the fact that it is Gong shim..well..

really..that was the yummiest 'almost kiss'..I'm melting !!!  I think one of the reasons he held back was that he can see Joo Wan likes her , and although I don't see that as being a reason he will hold back forever, I think he wants to make sure of how Gong shim  feels..he is such a gentleman..I love how he describes himself as 'pure love' & that once he likes something , he doesn't get tired of it..

As for how he's dealing with things at Star Group..he is the epitome of the saying " you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar"..he's great !

Did anyone catch the screen image of Jackpot ? Is the broadcast station the same ?

c65cc715776858a084014af509339848.jpg

final thought..I am loving  NGM in this role..he is such a great actor..so scary as a psychopath  & downright lovable as a good guy..he has also created a unique character as Ahn Dan Tae..looking forward to the coming episodes..it will be hard to wait now..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is going the right way in regard of DT finding out the truth . I'm also glad that JS's father has so far nothing to do with this scheme.. I find him very funny and JS father and GS scenes are very cute...now that DT JS GM are in the same office I think GS should also be brought back in the Secretary post again by the father it'll be super fun..That GM needs to know her position as well..:angry:  ....plus as I mentioned before DT GS slow relationship progression was a good thing but now I'm finding it a bit too slow..so I need more DT GS romantic scenes like the almost getting kissed..:wub:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Mau_Cherry I agree with you: ADT knows what GM is thinking: the fact he mentioned to her he was close to JS is big clue. But he won't set a trap for her because he knows that JS will find out the truth very soon. Since JS overheard the conversation that GS had a beautiful sister and Gs was looked down, as soon as he finds out the truth, he will be very mad at GM. I wish GM a hard time because she needs to realise that she never helped her sister.

The episode 10 was great because we see that JS' father is really like his son: he is not scheming or manipulative. He has deep respect for the halmoni. I don't think that the biological mother is behind all this. She seems to be rather "stupid" because she mentioned a story during the time when the halmoni's husband was still alive and doesn't even realise that by telling the story, she is hurting the halmoni: her pride as woman is hurt.

About Father and Halmoni - yes - He turned to act like a Child when she scold him . How was it - not sure out from my Memory - but like You did not get your Position by experience. The Way he react was not the Way from the Director of a mightyful Company. He really wish to be on good Terns with Halmoni - just like his Son.

And JS Grandmother from Motherside - she could never be a Part of it - I just decided that too when I watched last Episode. How could she manage to hold still and not tell anyone for more than 10 Years - even 20 Years. She is just a stupid old woman who seems to believe that her Daughter deserve her Position and Halmoni should understand that. Even her Son in Law - JS Dad stopped her - but she already said too much. I wish I could skip her Parts - but she is never alone in the Picture and too much afraid do miss something importend.

Some for GM - I don´t think he will build up a trap too - but he will for sure not help her. He will never part with her - only if pretending like that will help GS in the End. He is a real loyal friend and he will be a wonderful Partner.

59 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

About Father and Halmoni - yes - He turned to act like a Child when she scold him . How was it - not sure out from my Memory - but like You did not get your Position by experience. The Way he react was not the Way from the Director of a mightyful Company. He really wish to be on good Terns with Halmoni - just like his Son.

And JS Grandmother from Motherside - she could never be a Part of it - I just decided that too when I watched last Episode. How could she manage to hold still and not tell anyone for more than 10 Years - even 20 Years. She is just a stupid old woman who seems to believe that her Daughter deserve her Position and Halmoni should understand that. Even her Son in Law - JS Dad stopped her - but she already said too much. I wish I could skip her Parts - but she is never alone in the Picture and too much afraid do miss something importend.

Some for GM - I don´t think he will build up a trap too - but he will for sure not help her. He will never part with her - only if pretending like that will help GS in the End. He is a real loyal friend and he will be a wonderful Partner.

I think, she is the biological mother of JS' father, the mistress, because JS' father would call her mother and his wife mother-in-law

1 hour ago, JCWfanSR said:

Everything is going the right way in regard of DT finding out the truth . I'm also glad that JS's father has so far nothing to do with this scheme.. I find him very funny and JS father and GS scenes are very cute...now that DT JS GM are in the same office I think GS should also be brought back in the Secretary post again by the father it'll be super fun..That GM needs to know her position as well..:angry:  ....plus as I mentioned before DT GS slow relationship progression was a good thing but now I'm finding it a bit too slow..so I need more DT GS romantic scenes like the almost getting kissed..:wub:

I agree with you. I wish, GS would be hired back by JS' father. GS could help ADT investigating the case too and GM's secret would be revealed.

I am so glad that DT found out the truth about himself and I am so impressed with this man that his first thought was that his father did not kill the young Joon Pyo. Father and son phone conversation - each one  simple line, I am sorry I mistook your deed, I am sorry that I am late in telling you, so powerful and speaks of the love and respect they have for each other.

That scene of DT crying in front of the meal that GS cooked for him was just too too touching. He had a most trying period, first mistaking his father had killed Joon Pyo, then realising that he was Joon Pyo and then his father falling into coma...and then to have GS preparing a meal for him, concerned about him and drawing 3 picture messages. He succumbed and he sobbed.

On a separate point, I like it that he bought drawing materials as a gift for GS, acknowledging her talent in art. Perhaps that could be the area that GS would excel in and build a career on ? 

On 6/12/2016 at 8:27 AM, bebebisous33 said:

GS has to accept hersef and see herself as a woman before ADT kisses her. I have the impression that ADT knows it, hence he hasn't really confessed his love to her. However, little by little, he is making her feel like a woman: pushing her against the wall, the nearly kiss, she is not allowed to be with other men, the conversation that he doesn't want her to go to Jeju, the drunk confession that she is to him the most beautiful woman aso. All these actions prove to me that  it is his way of getting her love. To me, ADT appears as someone who can judge people pretty well

Very well put @bebebisous33. Thank you !
We also saw that during that almost kiss this weekend, ADT was looking at GS' expressions. He was not going to push himself on her;  Her expression clearly said "Not quite ready for it yet..."

BGS%2010-6_zpsdbconfju.png

At the same time, he is happy when she shows how much she cares about him, and in that - he allows her to set the tone and the pace to some extent. i.e.  when she made dinner for him, when she hears him come home late at night and goes out to check on him. These two, remind me of a couple who text each other daily, but they do not need text because he lives upstairs, so the make live contact. I also love that she is not playing games (like her sister would), but is being straight forward about her caring for him.  I also loved it when he gave her time alone with JS. Again, it is his way of "setting her free" to explore what she needs about herself.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:02 AM, Lady_Fay said:

Actually this kind of slow progress is an even better foundation for a long lasting relationship based on mutual understanding and trust. So the closer their minds are before getting all touchy-feely the better for their shared future especially considering the fact that GS still has to deal with the fact the man she fell in love with is not the man she thought he is. She fell for dorky DT and not for JP the missing heir and the closer their minds and hearts are before richard simmons hits the fan and the truth will be revealed to the world the better.

Absolutely... And I think that is why DT is taking the time too....

On 6/12/2016 at 0:33 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

I was proud for JS - he really did a great Job protecting GS before this so called friend from the Schooltime.

That scene was so cute.... I loved it too...  When the girl asked GS if he is her boyfriend, and GS said now. The girl looked triumphantly, like GS cannot possibly be with a guy like JS. And then JS goes "but I like her....!" Absolutely awesome...

On 6/12/2016 at 0:33 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

And one more about Dan Tae - I´m glad that there is no more shock for him waiting - about his Mother. It might be the best Way for him that he already knows about it. Halmoni told him what happend on the Day JP got lost - so it will hurt when he remember the real Picture and get in contact again with his old fealings and fears. But still - he is prepared.

Yes... He also has the picture in his dreams, of the young JP crying for his mom. Now we know he is not only crying for her, but crying because he saw her getting killed.

BGS%209-2_zps1encvc5a.png

On 6/12/2016 at 2:35 PM, JCWfanSR said:

and for JS..the friendship of trios is too

I think DT already started looking at JS as his younger cousin.

On 6/12/2016 at 3:36 PM, badsmuler said:

Daum Top Topic Discussion on Ep 10

Thank you @badsmuler sis...   banana dancing with mario emoticon

On 6/12/2016 at 4:24 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

I forgot to check the Writer - so I had done it now - And Im surprised. Its the same Writer as for The Girl who sees smells - so first our Hero works with her beeing the Psycho and now he is the Main Lead - I like that. But somehow my only thinking was - haaa she gave us another Rooftop Prince - Dan Tae!!!!

Yep.... Actually the writer and PDnim are the the team that brought us The Girl Who Sees Smells; They were so impressed with Namgoong Min that they offered him this role.  Another Rooftop Prince indeed! 

20 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Last but not least - was I the only one laughing out loud the Moment the Mobile Phone rang in the Parking Lot Scene and Dan Tae could listen to the Song for himself?

That was so perfect...!  And he told the guy, "This is the song GS was talking about...."  rgb lol emoticon

oh.. I have a feeling that halmoni will figure it out somehow too.... She is one smart lady.  DT -  it will be too difficult for him to tell her he is JP. Just about impossible, really.
In previous episode, when he decided to disappear, and wrote her the letter of apology that he cannot continue, her response to herself was how many time he needs to say "I am sorry", and then she went to see him.

BGS%209-1_zps3sju3xen.png

More later, or tomorrow...

Gosh, i can't get over this drama! It may have cliches and stuff but i think the way NGM and Minah play the characters really make the drama and the way their written is really great too. In the beginning, you think Dan tae is just goofy, weird, lawyer but in reality he's super smart and such a nice person. I agree with a lot of you guys, i think he's waiting for Gong Shim to be ready and  find herself (i guess?) rather than just putting a move on her or whatever. Do you think there'll be a noble idiocy phase? Like, he'll think he's putting her in danger or something and disconnect from everyone? I honestly don't think so. He's too smart for that 

I'm dying to see the preview of epi 11..can't predict what will be happening in the next one cause many things have been explored like DT finding JS uncle suspicious so there's a thing he needs to find out..JS mother being a part but yet no scratch of suspicion in her personality..JS's feeling for GS and GS being confused about her feelings for DT..this particular thing has been bothering me..I mean GS says she needs time to love and like herself before having any feelings for someone else but yet she asks DT whether she should go to jeju..and misses him and telling herself what was she expecting while getting almost kissed!:blush: I liked the fact that she is developing more feelings for DT despite knowing that JS is the one who expressed his feelings for her..but shouldn't they be showing her getting stronger in personality as well so that every time DT and GS comes closure this barrier of liking herself first wont come!! :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me where I can get ' we got married' the season with Naam Goong min with english subtitles please..I can't find it 

6 hours ago, irilight said:

Oh.. I have a feeling that halmoni will figure it out somehow too.... She is one smart lady.  DT -  it will be too difficult for him to tell her he is JP. Just about impossible, really.
In previous episode, when he decided to disappear, and wrote her the letter of apology that he cannot continue, her response to herself was how many time he needs to say "I am sorry", and then she went to see him.

More later, or tomorrow...

About Halmoni - It was easy from the Start to figure out that DT is JP - one Reason was her reaction. She knew it from the Start. Not with her Head - but with her Heart. It is something she would not even dare to think about - but still - she open her troubled Heart for him in an instant.

Beeing around him now... Not sure if she will figure it out - but she will notice soon that DT had a Reason to come to Star Group. Maybe she will figure out that he is behind someone from her Family - and she will aks him why. Maybe she will just wait and trust him.

How can DT tell her... I was thinking about that too. Hard to say... Telling her he finds JP and he is safe but don´t want to meet her... I can´t even say if he is interested in getting into his right Place. I don´t feel like he wish to take anything from JS. He was ready to let even his starting Love go and just be a Friend because of JS - as I saw it. Glad that changed.

He never war trained to become a Chairman - but indeed he is a smart Guy - he can do that. But I can´t really believe he would be happy in that Position. One of my Ideas was in the End the Audience will never know - but Halmoni and her Family. Uncle must be in Jail - Mother (and Grandmother just to let her suffer - I don´t like her) are in Exil somewhere - but JS will visit them from time to time... And of course DT will live a more simple but happy life with his one and only Love GS. He has the Background from Halmoni and sees her often.

And GM will live in despair - going to Dates hoping to find another great catch - but there is noone like JS  - who she gave up after finding out that he is not the heir...

something like that... sorry - I´m lost in my Fantasies again...

Gyaha~ Ahn Dan Tae's spinning kick was cooool at the end of episode 10~ :3 

All the time I thought Yeom uncle was making his move... or we might not be aware that he used the fired secretary? 0_0"

I do hope ADT's dad recovers. Please, please recover. 

I gotta say that seeing On Joo Wan in a romantic comedy after seeing him on Village Secret Achiara was weird. hahaha >_< I felt like I got used to him being in the dark series BUT he was a good brother and son in that drama... he was his usual gentle self BUT I liked to see him smile more and I was satisfied when I saw him in Beautiful Gong Shim~. He also gets drunk cutely. HAHA

I love Namgoong Min's acting!!! He can be so serious & funny at the same time!!!  He transformation was good! Love him to smile more!  Love he & Gong Shim have more scene. No kissing is OK. But I love to see HUG HUG & forehead kiss.... :wub:

3 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

About Halmoni - It was easy from the Start to figure out that DT is JP - one Reason was her reaction. She knew it from the Start. Not with her Head - but with her Heart. It is something she would not even dare to think about - but still - she open her troubled Heart for him in an instant.

Beeing around him now... Not sure if she will figure it out - but she will notice soon that DT had a Reason to come to Star Group. Maybe she will figure out that he is behind someone from her Family - and she will aks him why. Maybe she will just wait and trust him.

Yes I totally agree with you @Mau_Cherry I want Halmoni to find out herself..so that it will be more solid fact that DT is JP..  He will never tell her for sure cause he is a man of dignity...telling her that he is JP and then later it might get proven by a DNA test but it'll look too weird on DT side as he was given with the task of finding the heir..

2 hours ago, JCWfanSR said:

Yes I totally agree with you @Mau_Cherry I want Halmoni to find out herself..so that it will be more solid fact that DT is JP..  He will never tell her for sure cause he is a man of dignity...telling her that he is JP and then later it might get proven by a DNA test but it'll look too weird on DT side as he was given with the task of finding the heir..

And somehow it can feel like he would betray the Family which loved and cared for him that much - the Mother in his Memory must really loved him a lot - and he lost her to early.

10 hours ago, JCWfanSR said:

Can someone tell me where I can get ' we got married' the season with Naam Goong min with english subtitles please..I can't find it 

Me too please.. And also Law of the Jungle.   Thank you in advance.

7 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I think so too... This halmoni does not just open her heart easily to anyone...
I almost feel sad that his adoptive father sent JP pendant to Halmni rather than give it to DT. But on the other hand, if (most likely) DT is not going to disclose his identity as JP, it is best that halmoni has it, and at least know (at this time) that he is indeed alive.  Maybe DT's father survives longer and gets a chance to meet with her.

I also agree with you that DT was not trained to head Star Group, and he will not fight with JS for that position. The funny thing, is uncle is so greedy, but both JS and DT really crave simpler lives.

15 hours ago, ross27 said:

I am so glad that DT found out the truth about himself and I am so impressed with this man that his first thought was that his father did not kill the young Joon Pyo. Father and son phone conversation - each one  simple line, I am sorry I mistook your deed, I am sorry that I am late in telling you, so powerful and speaks of the love and respect they have for each other.

Love your post... Yes, what a relief for DT to know that his father did not commit that horrible deed, and what regret that he even doubted that man who raised him. That was so touching... Father and son acknowledging each other like that.

On 6/13/2016 at 7:54 AM, quockhanh45 said:

Why SBS don't upload preview on their channel? They fail on all time slot from Mon-Tues to Wed-Thurs, Sat-Sun 20:45 but they don't want to PR this drama? It's so annoying.. 

For some reason, they post previews on FB and twitter, but for some reason on YT they seem to only post snippets from the episodes.

21 hours ago, unnidian said:

final thought..I am loving  NGM in this role..he is such a great actor..so scary as a psychopath  & downright lovable as a good guy..he has also created a unique character as Ahn Dan Tae..looking forward to the coming episodes..it will be hard to wait now..

Welcome to BGS thread, @unnidian . Glad to have another viewer who appreciates and loves Namgoong Min... :)

20 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I think, she is the biological mother of JS' father, the mistress, because JS' father would call her mother and his wife mother-in-law

I think so too.  My heart hurts for halmoni when she needs to sit at a table with her - her husband's mistress.

Ck76rx-UkAAtZIr.jpg

source: TSN

On 6/12/2016 at 5:59 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

Now per the preview..(thank you for that) we see that DT/JP's adopted dad will end up dying today. This will be another death on this man's head even though he did not drive the vehicle that hit JP's mother he was a indirect cause of her death. Not sure if he had a hand in the fathers death but I want to think something happen that triggered that as well now we have DT'/JP's dad dying as well. I expect it as we knew the man had a tumor and had not long to live. 

From the preview it seems like the uncle may underestimate DT and its prolly good that he acts li

@Ldy Gmerm I've been wondering about JP/DT dads death it seems something this family has plotted it wouldn't surprise me if her brother did have a hand in his death..

ESuPH5v.png

It's sad to think about whats going to happen to the two cousin once all is told JS knowing his mom and unlce is involved in the kidnapping and indirect death of JP/DT mom and maybe his father..

My feels gose out to DT because as of now he realized he's been living a dead childs life.. But glad he knows that his real Halmoni never gave up looking for him.. Uncle has no other choice but to try and kill him now because of the so called dad the only way for him to survive is to tell Halmoni who he is and to keep it a secret for the time being until they find out who is all behind what has happened.. I do see something happening to retrigger his memory or his dreams.. As of now the only thing he could do is to keep playing his know nothing role to keep those around him safe but this is were uncle is going to mess up at..

Did GS see uncles butterfly tattoo..? I can't wait for GM scheming but plans backfire when she thinks she's marrying and heir..  

On 6/12/2016 at 7:19 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I find it very funny that JS's Eomma is worried about what her Oppa has done now after hearing JS perhaps talk about DT and what happen. She had no problems with going along with keep JP missing or covering up what her Oppa did and her knowledge of it. Now she worries if he may have done something else?? Too late to worry now. When her husband and son find out about this she is done for. Not sure as I stated if they will divorce and cut ties with her because I doubt she goes to jail but I know Granny will let her have it and kick her out. I see this woman realizing at some point that she is going to loose everything over this and it will be too late to stop it. 

On 6/12/2016 at 7:19 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

At some point I can see him even wanting to get rid of Halmoni but we will see if we get to that point. I think the uncle will turn next to people close to DT or he knows and the wrong one to even try to use and hurt is GS. 

I wonder how long will it take for Halmoni to see through DT's act that there is more to it or to see he is JP? Will she have to be told or will she on some level realize it without being told or DNA. I would love for her to get it on her own as she has felt close to or liked DT from the beginning but they do not make characters that intuitive in these things all the time. Only the bad guys get it first unfortunately. 

On 6/12/2016 at 7:46 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

The man is too worried about DT being around when he would have had nothing to do with what went on so long ago for him not to end up checking into DT's background a little deeper and stumbling on the fact that the real DT died. 

There unfortunately is no redemption for the uncle unless his sister or JS get caught in the cross fire of his actions and by then it is too late if Uncle does not end up dead as he will be going to jail and we will have a scandal. 

"Executive and relative of Star Group Chairman caught on charges of murder and kidnapping and attempted murder and fraud."

And anything else they can prolly find. I can see this man having done some corporate bad deeds as well that will come back and if he has access to money and could have cooked a set of books or stole from the company by embezzling. He has not just stopped with what happen to JP and his family or with DT's adopted dad.. There are other bad things in this mans has done as well. He has gotten away with his crime against JP for too long and he is a bit cocky.. 

Boy @Ldy Gmerm  You hit everything right on the head..

As you said mother and brother will get desperate with all they evil doings.. I see them both trying to harm her husband and Halmoni just to try and hold they spot in wealth because before it's found out who DT is it's the best solution to JS inheriting it all only the brother will have other plans to take over that company with all his underhanded dealings. I wonder just how much money he have extorted from Halmoni just think of how many shares he could have possibly bought with her money asking for a million dollars.. 

You could best believe in the headline title but is also going to say former police supervisore involved in kidnap murder ETC..  

21 minutes ago, irilight said:

I think so too.  My heart hurts for halmoni when she needs to sit at a table with her - her husband's mistress.

This woman is JS G/ma his mothers mother from my understanding.. She had no affair with Halmoni husband..

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

And one more about Dan Tae - I´m glad that there is no more shock for him waiting - about his Mother. It might be the best Way for him that he already knows about it. Halmoni told him what happend on the Day JP got lost - so it will hurt when he remember the real Picture and get in contact again with his old fealings and fears. But still - he is prepared.

@Mau_Cherry Yeah,that's one thing I'm really glad about. He knows what happened to his real mother and while there is still the possibility of him being shocked when his memories return he is already emotionally prepared for that. And I do hope that whenever he possible goes into shock GS will be at his side and gives him the comfort he needs - preferably whith a long hug. Cause as rewarding as further skinship would be with out OTP I do think for comforting the one in turmoil and pain hugs are still the best medicine.

@0ly40  thanx for sharing the OST. I like it. Actually I like the whole soundtrack till now. It's as heartwarming as the drama itself.

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 4:54 PM, quockhanh45 said:

Why SBS don't upload preview on their channel? They fail on all time slot from Mon-Tues to Wed-Thurs, Sat-Sun 20:45 but they don't want to PR this drama? It's so annoying.. 
And where is official photo gallery? I can't find it

@quokhanh45 I know. I just checked and the written preview for the next episode is not out yet as well. But you can find some official pictures or pictures/memes by the production crew on this webpage: http://program.sbs.co.kr/pdNote/pdNoteEnd.do?pgm_id=22000009441&pgm_build_id=16207&pgm_mnu_id=43277

22 hours ago, JCWfanSR said:

@JWCfanSR As much as I would also see GS back at Star Group as it would be fun for us to see her interactions with JS's father, JS and DT, I do not want her to join as secretary again. Cause when her close relationship to DT/JP will revealed later on everyone would automatically assume she's a golddigger that got close to him on purpose. Just as JS's mother assumed so when hearing that her son is close to her. For JS's mother something like plain friendship does not exist in her vocabulary - everything is done with purpose (which is so true to her nature as scheming witch). So if a friendship is already seen so negative based on class-related prejudices I do not want her to go through the gossip-routine that would come up once it is revealed they are not just close friends but actually in love and in a relationship...

21 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I´m sooo deeply sorry for that misunderstanding - you are so right - And I normally had to know that - somehow maybe my heart just did not want to know that. Somehow it feels to cruel that the Mistress can go in that House now - Halmoni should throw her out - but it is because of JS she will not do it. Right - of couse this terrible Woman is the Mother from JS Father.... Bääää - just to say it - I don´t want her to be. His Mother is terrible too - so for me the terrible Grandmother would fit way better to this woman... guess thats why I mixed it up on some time. I remember it clearly now that I did not like it when I found out in the Airport Scene that she really is the Mistress - and she still behaves like she is someone better then Halmoni.... Maybe just because she is younger.

Archived