[Drama 2016] Beautiful Gong Shim 미녀 공심이

mysignisflower

@fragglerock As most of my theories did not work out yet, I propably should stop guessing what's happening next and just focus on recapping and analyzing after it happened. But that would just be half as fun as coming up with theories... :sweatingbullets:
After seeing the preview for today's episode one thing I'm curious about is whether they will really show uncle killing dad or whether it's actually an accident with dad slipping and falling while the two man hustle with each other. Cause the accidental killing would fit with the set light-hearted tone of the story (as JP's mothers death was an accident as well), but than again why would you make uncle and DT's adoptive dad special ops soldiers if  not using that background at one point. By giving them that background we can assume both know how to kill and we can also asume that both would know how to defend themselves if targeted. Even if DT's dad is softer and kind-hearted he still has a soldier's training and not just a normal one but if the subs are correct one for special ops. And considering the fact that he knew what uncle is capable of after hearing him about talking to kill JP why would he be so trustful if uncle suddenly calls him out to meet after so many years of radio-silence. He must assume it's related to the past.
So could it be that he purposely called DT to meet him at the same spot he is meeting with uncle? As a kind of life-insurance - that didn't work out to well.
Another scene I'm curious about is whether the office shown in the preview is really the one from JS's dad or whether it is not grandma's. Cause we see the white armchairs in the middle of the room and the desk that is within the alcove next to the office door. It looks like the room gandma was working in when the secretary brought her DT's letter last episode. And if I remember correctly the armchairs in JS's father's office were dark brown but I could be wrong.

Anyway, till now my stream is working properly, so I hope I'm able to recap again. Let's all have some fun together...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Especially, in the end, when he sees the dinner and the notes, I wanted him to run outside, find GS, and kiss her! I am hoping we'll get something today. Please....

I'm hoping one of them will make a move! I think it's going to have to be Gong Shim since after he finds out his father is gone, he is going to need some loving. I think she should just kiss him and make it better. But.. maybe there's hope for that kiss. Keep your fingers crossed the first scene will stay on that night, and Gong Shim will knock on his door to make sure he's ok.

That is how I see it as well. It wont matter who is exactly responsible JS and his father will be lumped in with his mother and uncle because they are related. JS will also feel a lot of guilt and all the times Halmoni said it's his fault that JP went missing and his uncle and aunt died he will feel like it is. I can see JS wanting to walk away from them ashamed to face JP. 

It will have to be JP who reminds his grandmother about family. The uncle will end up in jail or dead I think because of his crimes. I am not sure about JS's mother if she will end up going to jail as part of it or if she will be begging for forgiveness and not end up divorced and kicked out for doing all the wrong things to try to move up and take what does not belong to her. I agree that she got greedy as she was in the position she had no right to be in due to the death of JP's mother. 

I think the scariest thing for me is she watched a child around the same age as her own or a little older be taken as his mother was hit and killed trying to save him. Even if the child was not related to you would you just stand there? What if it had been JS? Never once did she think that. I think her harshest punishment will be to either loose her son due to his anger, disappointment and shame at her actions with his uncle but I would like it if JS distances himself from her so she can learn that what she did was something that could have happen to her instead. 

Even bad treatment from Halmoni does not warrant doing something like that and keeping quiet then becoming part of the plot. Look how she acted over her husbands affairs. She would have been just as angry and hurt if her hubby had brought home a child from outside their marriage as Halmoni was and I can see that woman treating that child worse than anything Halmoni has said and done that we have seen to JS's father.

I feel that she went with the man cause of who his family was only to find out his station in that family. She gets a load of Halmoni's attitude towards the man and realizes she did not marry well.. I am sure she complained to her brother and him being a bit rough around the edges either decided to try to do something to help his sister or to gain money for himself or both.  

Greed is always a powerful motivator and unfortunately they never learn that they should have appreciated what they had until they loose it. 

Now per the preview..(thank you for that) we see that DT/JP's adopted dad will end up dying today. This will be another death on this man's head even though he did not drive the vehicle that hit JP's mother he was a indirect cause of her death. Not sure if he had a hand in the fathers death but I want to think something happen that triggered that as well now we have DT'/JP's dad dying as well. I expect it as we knew the man had a tumor and had not long to live. 

From the preview it seems like the uncle may underestimate DT and its prolly good that he acts like a slacker and goofy at the office. It enables him to not be seen as a threat while he searches for who kidnapped him and knew his adopted father but also who caused his death since we see Uncle has lost the pin that was on his lapel which I suspect DT's dad grabbed in the struggle or it fell off.It's a shame that DT did not get a chance to meet his father before his death as the man loved him like his own and raised him. But also because he saved his life as a child by hiding him. Its going to be interesting to see how the rest of the story unfolds and how JP is revealed to halmoni. 

It is starting!!

Back to last night's ending scene. DT comes home and finds her food, he cries.

And cut to Star building..... :(

DT is sleeping in the office, feet on the desk. He introduces himself, that from starting from today he is going to be working here.

DT spoke to his father on the phone. Father said it was not him. But he does not want to tell him who did it and who he is, etc. The father says sorry, etc.

Cut to the uncle sapeaking with a man.

I am a bit confused about teh beginning of this episode. It's all over the place. DT is wearing three different outfits.

Guest emme85

From starting teaser, we will get to see ADT trying to kiss GS!! yeay!

I skipped yesterday ep~ when DT crying..

7Dbxdex.png

Spoiler

dJA73Bm.png5Ip7ft7.pngypf3oLV.png8SaheS1.pngVTlE2OD.png

One week before...

qrJPw2x.pngxopoj7A.png

Spoiler

UGz2iVn.pngSLPHTon.pngLrETsO6.png

Uncle has found DT's father. He is all worried that he was found. They are talking about DT. Father is anxious because uncle has met DT.

DT arrives by bus. He is going to meet his father.

UNcle and father are arguing. Uncle pushed father and he fell. It was an accident.

DT arrives a the scene. He sees his father unconcious.

Ambulance comes.

DT is checking ove rhis father. In his father's hand, he finds a pin from Star Group.

Doctor and DT are talking. He is not dead. But teh doctor breaks teh news to him that his father is sick. DT is surprised; he did not know.

Okay it starts... (ah the opeing pic has them in kissing range, let's hope for the best...)

Back to where we ended yesterday - We see GS cooking and drawing her little pics for DT and than DT comes home and finds the home-made food witing for him. He lifts the cover from above the food and reads GS cute, little messages. He cries...
Cut to next scene... JS's father and uncle are entering an office and find DT sleeping at the desk. Scene from the preview (what was that? - looks like all the following scenes will be flashbacks explaining how we got there...)

Cut to Dt being at home calling his father - they have an open and honest talk and both are crying. DT's father says sorry and Dt answers he understands. Than the scene switches to uncle meeting one of his contacts asking him about DT's father.
Cut to DT's father waiting at a park and suddenly uncle comes and wants to hug him. Dt's father is suprised and does not want him to touch him. They sit down and talk. DT's father tells him not to worry but uncle tells him he knows DT as a lawyer. Father is not happy that uncle knows DT already.
DT is on the bus. He leaves and is on the way to the park for meeting his father
father and uncle are talking about DT. Father gets a call (most likely from DT) and presses it away. His phone falls on the ground and uncle gets it. The two start to fight and during the hussle uncle pushes DT's father who knocks his head against the bench. Uncle is shocked and calls after Dt's father but his phone starts to ring again so uncle runs away. DT hears the ringing phone and finds his father. He calls the ambulance.
Both are in the ambulance - so dad is still alive. Dt finds uncle's Star Group pin in dads hands.
DT's father is in the hopsital and DT finally learns the truth about his father being sick. He asks how long and the doc says it's not so much time left.
DT is back at Han river and looks at the pin. He thinks he will find the truth no matter what...
Next scene is him being in front of Star Group building - he's entering and sees someone on a cleaning maschine and jumps on board. Uncle sees him and wonders why DT would be there while flashing back to how dad was hurt during their fight - he starts to worry...

DT knows that it is someone for Star Group. Hence he is going to try to infiltrate the group to find out who.

He goes there and is playing around with th guy that cleans with the big red cleaning machine. Uncle sees that and is starting to get anxious...

DT goes to see Grandmother. She is happy to see him after so long.

DT sees GS's sister at the company. She rusn away when she sees him. He runs after her... DT catches up with her and asks her if she is working here. She says yes. She tries to explain herself. She asks DT to keep this a secret from GS.

JS's father meets with grandma but the meeting is interrupted by DT. Grandma is happy to meet him and happily grrets him while JS's father is looking on.
Dt asks for a favor and grandma says just aks. So he asks for a job but gandma is not to convinced at first. JS's dad just looks on suprised.
Dt is leaving grandma's office and runs into GM - he loudly calls her GS's unni ubt GM turns around and tries to run away. She slips and falls. DT picks her up. GM tries to get him to not let anyone know that she is GS's unni. He agrees but after he leaves he calls her GS's unni again.He tells her he will start working here as well and GM looks stricken by that news (haha - great).
NExt scene is GM waiting for the lift and JS running into her. JS talks to her but he's just his usual friendly self. But he asks her for a meeting for tomorrow because he is still thankful so re needs to repay. GM tries to react suprised but agrees to meet. After JS leaves she smirks happily.

GS gets a call from an ajumma she worked with in Jeju asking her that the run-awy boss is on his way to Seoul. She runs out and runs into DT who asks what is wrong. DT follows her and she tells him what happenend. They are on the way to the airport. They see some guy at the airport (with a name tag) and DT hussles him and convinces him he will take over to wait for the guy.
GS's boss comes out of immigration. GS sees him and gives DT the sign it's him. DT is acting as GS's boss driver. Boss tells him he is in a hurry but DT tries to stall some time and suddenly boss#s phone ring and DT shows him his workers running towards them to catch him. GS is happy DT helped her like that.

Guest emme85

dBbBkvT.png

Spoiler

vq42n13.pngHr1nY6h.pngmEnNsiC.png

OE7e8hH.pngAahhh.. so it's DT helping GS to catch the branc manager.. I thought GS helping DT with his investigation.. haha

09FiKuI.png

Spoiler

K0adbH9.pngSOKq89o.pngaN73sIh.pngCenk6w4.pngIO7KGgO.pngSfoJWpY.pngfp5gTeX.pngN80L2t3.png

b9252WC.png

Spoiler

CekgCao.pngfFlx2iX.pngAvFBOos.png8WeOesF.png

Dt is in a store and GS is waiting outside. She gets a call from JS who asks what she is doing and whehter they should meet and have some food together. GS tells him she is with DT. She does not realize that DT is behind her. He asks about the call.
Ah, DT bought GS pens end paper and tells her she should concentrate on her talent for drawing. GS is happy.
DT and GS walk home and JS is waiting for them. The three of them talk. JS tells DT that GS promised to invite him to have some expensive dinner form her first paycheck - GS is worried because of the price but JS says dubokki and kimbap are fine as well.
Dt is leaving - he empties his old office  and talks to aunt.
Meanwhile GS sits at an expensive restaurant. She checks the prices at the menu but she says she promised so she has to go with it. Some young lady is sitting at te next table and comes to her- it seems like she knows GS. They are old classmates/friends (?).
JS comes back and hears the girl telling some story about GS while standing next to GS. GS looks unhappy and JS is mad. He knows the guy and comes to the table introducing himself as a friend of GS. The guy is shocked because JS is his boss. The girl tries to find out how JS and GS know each other and what's their relationship. She asks whether they are a couple and GS says no but JS proudly tells them he likes GS and would like to be her boyfriend. Nasty girls is shocked. JS and GS have dinner.
Dt is at the convenience store and asks GS's friend for his dinner. They talk. DT sits at the store and sees GS and JS returning. He feels pangs of jealousy when seeing JS and GS so friendly (he does not know that Gs just said good-night and thank you).
GS goes straight to the rooftop and knocks at DT's door. Meanwhile DT walks up the stairs dejected. He sees GS in front of his door. GS relizes he is behind her. She talks to him while he stares at her intently. She turns to leave but he grabs her wrist and pulls her close...

Archived