Movies: FIRST and LAST

CamelKnight

27 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Had a big time crush on Indiana Jones. :D 

Yes, I'm always amazed how the ladies' voices would end up harmonizing. Like the chorus part of this "Knowing Me, Knowing You."  

Hide contents

Their voices, alone and individually, would have sounded tinny and abrasive. But put together, they roughed out the edges. They blended well. 

Can't blame you Harrison Ford is good looking :wink:

That's an easy one:

Kimi no na wa

I highly recommend this one. The animation is stunning and the story is pretty touching.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, fikachuuu said:

Can't blame you Harrison Ford is good looking :wink:

That's an easy one:

Kimi no na wa

I highly recommend this one. The animation is stunning and the story is pretty touching.

An Affair to Remember (1957) 

with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.  Sigh. The ending always gets to me. 

What's "Kimi no na wa" all about? I haven't watched an anime -- except perhaps Howl's Moving Castle. That's an anime, right?

7 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

An Affair to Remember (1957) 

with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.  Sigh. The ending always gets to me. 

What's "Kimi no na wa" all about? I haven't watched an anime -- except perhaps Howl's Moving Castle. That's an anime, right?

Rab ne bana di jodhi 

It's a bollywood (hindhi) movie. 

Yup howl's moving castle is an anime. If I'm not wrong it's adapted from an english book?

Kimi no na wa (Your name) is about this city tokyo high school boy and Country high school girl (who is also a shinto priestess) who one day kept switching bodies with each other from time time and living each other's lives through their dreams. But then they eventually find out (from their friends and family) that their "dreams" had actually happen in reality (which resulted in some very funny situations lol). They started communicating with each other through notes saved in phones and diaries in order to keep each other in check. Then some other complicated stuff happens which I can't say without spoiling the story. But it explores the japanese theme of threads of fate something along those lines.

20 minutes ago, fikachuuu said:

Rab ne bana di jodhi 

It's a bollywood (hindhi) movie. 

Yup howl's moving castle is an anime. If I'm not wrong it's adapted from an english book?

Kimi no na wa (Your name) is about this city tokyo high school boy and Country high school girl (who is also a shinto priestess) who one day kept switching bodies with each other from time time and living each other's lives through their dreams. But then they eventually find out (from their friends and family) that their "dreams" had actually happen in reality (which resulted in some very funny situations lol). They started communicating with each other through notes saved in phones and diaries in order to keep each other in check. Then some other complicated stuff happens which I can't say without spoiling the story. But it explores the japanese theme of threads of fate something along those lines.

It's a Wonderful Life 

With James Stewart, another crush of mine.  lol. My age is showing in the type of movies I've seen and can remember.

Yes, Howl's Moving Castle is an adaptation of the book by Diana Wynn Jones. Before JK Rowlings, my sons read DW Jones, lol.  IIRC, the ending was slightly changed in the film adaptation...but I could be wrong now. 

What I do remember about the film is Christian Bale's deep voice. Christian Bale is the actor who plays Batman in Dark Knight. It startled me, because I was expecting a kiddie voice to go along with the cartoon. 

Kimi no na wa looks interesting. Where do you watch it? In theaters? Or on the internet?

lol. @angelangie posted first. So let me edit.

Sabrina

with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. I fell in love with her clothes.

Image result for sabrina audrey hepburn

6 minutes ago, fikachuuu said:

Sin City

@angelangie But Earth doesn't start with  "A"? Haha 

@packmule3 I watched Kimi no na wa in theatres last year. But I think you can find it online though. I can pm you the link if you're interested.

It's because she saw my first choice, "It's a wonderful lifE."  My bad. 

Y again!!!  Ugh. Wait a minute... let me think about this.  will edit. 

Ah! How could I forget?  YENTYL. 

With Barbara Streisand. 

7 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

It's because she saw my first choice, "It's a wonderful lifE."  My bad. 

Y again!!!  Ugh. Wait a minute... let me think about this.  will edit. 

Ah! How could I forget?  YENTYL. 

With Barbara Streisand. 

Oh...Ok I understand. Oh.. Papa can you hear me. I've only seen the glee version. 

Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the ring

9 minutes ago, fikachuuu said:

Oh...Ok I understand. Oh.. Papa can you hear me. I've only seen the glee version. 

Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the ring

There's a Glee version??!!  I don't watch Glee, but I've heard some of their adaptations. They're good. 

Gone with the Wind

with Rhett Butler.  lol. I don't give a damn.

Back then, saying the word "damn" was such a bid deal. Nowadays, people blurt out, "I don't give a fcuk" like it's nothing offensive.  

Psycho

@packmule3 I don't watch glee either. I just listen to their songs.haha I like their rendition of Amy winehouse's rehab..Yeah people swear alot nowadays. I admit that I do swear too (when I'm stressed) but I would sometimes change it to smt cuter. For example, instead of saying the f word bluntly I'd say fishcake! Instead. My sis finds that funny for some reason..Lol. In Singapore the long B word would be changed to Basket instead lol.

Ocean's Thirteen

11 hours ago, fikachuuu said:

Liar Liar

(I liked Jim Carey as a kid not sure how he is now)

Haha so sorry..It was too nostalgic not to mention and I was too immersed in my childhood memories. Hadn't realised I've hit a sensitive topic.kkk. But I will one day mature even further too..:sweatingbullets:

Ah loved Thank you for the music too as well as "money money money"..I've always loved the harmony in their voices no matter what song they sing. :D

Now THERE's a burn :D 

A Knight's Tale

@fikachuuu I actually just watched that "Your Name" movie the other day! It was really good. And the scenery is gorgeous! I need to set the 'underworld' valley as my background image....

3 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

Arachnaphobia

I loved that movie :)

And you shouldn;t feel bad now. Wait untill @packmule3 has seen what you wrote :tongue: 

Elektra

@CamelKnight I actually have never watched the movie. It seems interesting though.. Err..I think she's already seen it. :ph34r:

@phikyl What is the 'underworld' valley of shich you speak of? I can't remember the names of the places in the movie. :tongue: Is it the place where Taki drank the holy sake inside the crater cave or smt ? One thing I rmb about the movie is the accompanying music. I loved sparkle by radwimps. :D

About a Boy

2 hours ago, fikachuuu said:

Elektra

@CamelKnight I actually have never watched the movie. It seems interesting though.. Err..I think she's already seen it. :ph34r:

@phikyl What is the 'underworld' valley of shich you speak of? I can't remember the names of the places in the movie. :tongue: Is it the place where Taki drank the holy sake inside the crater cave or smt ? One thing I rmb about the movie is the accompanying music. I loved sparkle by radwimps. :D

Easy A is hilarious :) If you love Emma Stone (and who doesn't) you're going to love Easy A :) 

3 hours ago, CamelKnight said:

About a Boy

Easy A is hilarious :) If you love Emma Stone (and who doesn't) you're going to love Easy A :) 

Young Frankenstein

Young_Frankenstein_movie_poster.jpg

Never watched this one before either but I loved Gene wilder as Willy wonka so much more than Johnny depp's version version which I found kind of creepy for some reason. XD

I've only watch Emma Stone in The amazing spider man and The help and loved her there.  I also love her outgoing personality from what I've seen in talk shows. Will check it out once I've found where to watch it. (Sadly Singaporean netflix doesn't have Easy A :/).

No Country for Old Men

@fikachuuu I think that's the same valley, yeah. It's definitely where the sake gets placed earlier on.

When the grandmother takes them there, she says that when they step past a certain point, it 'becomes the underworld and [they] must leave a piece of themselves there." I just remember the flyover image being absolutely gorgeous!

Archived