[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

12 minutes ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Perhaps take credit is not a suitable term because PBG does not actively declare that he is the reason for the drama being popular.

Nothing active on his part except doing his job to entertain the audience.

So the analysis is why does he appear more popular than KYJ... I use appear because there is no statistics to show that is really the case yet either.

I have a set of standard reasons why the male lead is always the more popular one in some situations

1. The star character in this drama is about Lee Yeong.   If this drama is about Dong Yi...then the lead actress will be the star if she performs well.  So the theme counts and unfortunately most dramas are like that including DOTS.

2. Statistically, it has been shown in the Korean viewship that over 80% are women...opposite attracts if we use the theory of magnets.  Plus the male lead is always the one driving the romance.

3. They always cast really well the lead actor for the drama.   Even in a drama like "Beautiful Mind" that did not do so well, the star was still the lead actor Jang Hyuk which they cast him correctly for the drama.  So this is their casting talent.

So MDBC fit all the above 3 criterias...hence PBG appeared to be the highlight.

Now the not-so-standard reasons which depends on individual's attributes

4. Exceptional exuberance of charisma cum X-factor in personality of an actor/actress

5. Exceptional talent demonstrated by an actor/actress 

6. Exceptional new-kid-in-the-block effect of an actor/actress

So further mapping to MDBC for PBG, he satisfies all 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.

Mapping to MDBC for KYJ, she has 3,4,5

So in a mid-review conclusion, it is only logical why the rave is so much weighing on PBG, bearing in mind also he will carry heavier responsibilities as everyone is expecting him to deliver a good drama.   So there is no free wheeling in this world...PBG has to work hard to maintain his popularity for this drama, just like all of the actors and actresses and the drama is still on-going with a lot of unknown ahead.  Why are we drawing the final conclusion so early?  Let's just enjoy and spazz over the lovey-dovey couple first.

Wow dear chingu you're like Sigmund Freud in Kdrama :wub: Do you have any intention to open a class? because I would like to register :D

• Like 11

Lee Young ahhhh......

Lee Young ahhhh.......

How can you keep your cool and insanity when you see Raon in her hanbok. 

You must be burning inside out. You must have want to grab her and keep her in your room, so you can enjoy her beauty every single seconds without the fear of people finding out.

I wish to know whatelse went through your mind. 

• Like 21

I'm never going to get over these..lol..just beautiful work by the cast and crew as usual. I love-love-love...not to mention LOVE....the hand signals....the emotions of LY and RO....gosh, I just can't....(I just lost my train of thoughts...lol...).

I love that scene (and of course the ending part), but especially this one because even though LY said he likes her very much (I'm going by whatever you all subbed in English..lol..) sometimes words are not enough to express how much you love a person and he showed her -in many different ways-but this one topped the icing on the cake. I hope she wears the 'eternal love' bracelet again once he gives it to her. I also like the little sister who got them together, she knows something y'all. 

On another note, didn't see much of BY, but can I just say he was sooooo cool at the beginning showing off his swords skill, I wanna learn from him...lol..

i like their expressions, the inner struggles they show, it hurts to see them all in pain, but it must happen. 

*****i was gonna say some more, but I lost all my thoughts...lol...need to go take a breather and gather them again******

• Like 21

KYS tells CP: The person who always maintains her smile as she acts nonchalant in front of your highness...she is someone whom I like... Thank you @MinLyn for the translation 

I can't wait to watch the jealous CP... We all know he's possessive prince to uri Hong "when he still didn't know Ra On-ah" plus uri Kim Hyung

gaaaaah writer-nim please give me a scene to uri jealous CP :wub:

• Like 21

Cried buckets at the sign language scene. Pdnim , director , our otp are daebak! I dont understand korean yet I can feel the esence of their love, agony, longing. Both actors express wirh their entire being and its so touching. The whole mdbc team delivwr this show so well to-date, giving us surprises and yet having suitable endings to each episode that fit the theme. Its really a special sageuk and I never expect myself to love it but I am falling so so much in love. 

Ans i really get the butterflies hearing our cp call his raon. Heart leaping heaps ans bounds! Literally non stop Heart stopping action! 

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm really happy I waited until tonights episode and the preview to finish my post on Lee Yeong. Well I have to finish writing it. But I'm here. :D

You made the right choice, to write after tonight's ep. I am supposed to sleep but I am here. There's no deadline and competition here, but here we are commenting like there's no tomorrow. Please take your time to write :):) 

19 minutes ago, Jillia said:

A lovely parallel I noticed right away: :wub:

Spoiler

14743012701.gif1474301270.gifCredit: DC Gall

Thank you for posting the gif. What a beautiful comparisons. So good you brought this up. You are genius!

I love that scene  between the king and court lady, while Lee Young and Raon watched from afar. It says so much in the picture and yet, no words needed. This scene is an assurance for me that Lee young and Raon will not suffer the same fate as the King and the court lady Sui (I hope I remember her name correctly)

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, Jillia said:

And out of nowhere, @Bambiina-unnie (can I call you "unnie"?) drops her post! :D:wub:

Yes dear.. I unnie ..

Read @tiendoank @ruzikie post about Raon yah undressing .. err no no .. dressimg CP woke me up ..

I was in comaland just now .. barely breathing .. after watchin Raon in dress .. OMIGAH she is soooo beautiful ... 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, dramafansg said:

Cried buckets at the sign language scene. Pdnim , director , our otp are daebak! I dont understand korean yet I can feel the esence of their love, agony, longing. Both actors express wirh their entire being and its so touching. The whole mdbc team delivwr this show so well to-date, giving us surprises and yet having suitable endings to each episode that fit the theme. Its really a special sageuk and I never expect myself to love it but I am falling so so much in love. 

Ans i really get the butterflies hearing our cp call his raon. Heart leaping heaps ans bounds! Literally non stop Heart stopping action! 

The acting in this drama has been magnificent and a joy to watch. Compare that with TMETS.....And I agree with some other posters earlier. PBG alone did not carry the drama and chemistry, its KYJ too....one sided chemistry never works and TMETS is the living proof of that. You don't even have to understand Korean to understand the emotion they are conveying...

• Like 17

OMG... how am I suppose to start...

as usual..  a love story in a sageuk drama is surely a heart wrenching and deep to the bone intense of endless longing.. sacrifice.. misery... the forbidden love... the signal.. the eyes that speak a thousand words.. the impossibility that overpower the chance of being with the beloved... so sad yet so beautiful.. that's why we are a sucker to this drama...

at a young age where they should be just carefree and enjoy their youthness.. both Lee Young and Ra On face the fact that has changed their lives and destiny forever.. fall in love deeply to each other... the love grows so natural it doesn't care about who he is and who she is.. the love reigns their universe.. despite the slighter than slight chance of them being able to reap the essence of its wonderfulness.. in the midst of the complicated and dangerous circumstances.. love has brought them strength to believe in each other... to carry on.. to support one another.. no matter what will happen in the future.. of course I would want Ra On to be her own version of Joseon Cinderella and live happily ever after with her Prince.. but they have miles and miles of rocky road and sharp as knife danger that can easily harm them in every second.. too many evils.. too many baddies... too many power hunger greedy human to fight with. From now on we better start to prepare our mental to welcome the Joseon makjang that is way way worst and inhuman as well as sadistic than in modern drama.. my heart breaks all the time for our petite Ra On.. I wish she will have more people to protect her there.. her obstacle is just too grandious..

as much as I want her to be with the CP, we're all know that the noble girl (sorry dunno what her name is) will be bestowe upon marriage to CP.. le sigh :( just to imagine how our Ra On would feel... I just can't... I can't... to see the love of your life will share a lifetime with another girl.. I don't know how to process that.. in my sadness I wish for the truth about Ra On's dad to surface.. her mom appears.. and the King recognises as well as bravely put the puzzles together.. I hope.. Lee Young and Ra On will finally find happiness together.. inseparably in love.. and if it's not on earth.. than the heaven awaits..

sorry I'm so emotional right now.. need to stop for a while.. will rewatch this episode after 100 percent english sub uploaded in VIKI..

ok chagiyas.. stay strong... prepare yourself for the nerve wrecking roller coaster ride.. the Sageuk makjang six flags is scariest!

• Like 23

Still no subbed version but it seems to me...

The exam questions were already leaked, and some of the candidates took out their "notes" and gave each other knowing glances before they began to ready themselves to write their answers. Jung Do Ryung (the scholar who got RO to ghostwrite) saw it and raised his hand, as he considered highlighting this, but LY came along to change the question instead (causing panic among those who knew the question beforehand), making it a fair game for all.

I am curious if KYS knew about the leak though. He looked surprised by LY's appearance and change of question but there was no fear, so I doubt he knew they were leaked or he would have looked sheepish?

• Like 9

15 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

I am reading the Chinese hardcopy version.  I would say the writing style is tantalising tease but it is something the drama still cannot show for rate 15 in Korea I suppose.

May I ask what is the name if the novel for the Chinese hardcopy version.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, martina123 said:

Omo. Earthquake!!!  Stay safe chingu. Take care. 

And last scene :)  

Die hard shipping kim yoo jung and park bo gum. I always forget she is minor and my mind starts shipping them.

Spoiler

There's a forum about them if you're interested in joining...

Kim Yoo-Jung & Park Bo-Gum | Moonlight Couple|

• Like 10