[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hclover96

Gal, you're really awesome!  Kudos to you!  

That consolidated meticulous time chart of our beautiful couple's love journey from the start till now must have taken up so much of your time and effort and it clearly shows your deep love for our couple. There are so much interesting details of their date and one thing is for sure - SJK is one smart guy. He dates in a group so no one questions if SHK is his girlfriend. Plus he has absolutely supportive friends who could be trusted not to divulge their relationship status. It might also be probable that he purposely make his relationship with Kyo so ambiguous that many were fooled, including some shippers! Lol.... those "noona", "sunbaenim", absence of PDA, fooling around with Kyo like good friends only, strictly no one-to-one date etc... even inviting her to his parents' house saw JinGoo and Jiwon tagging along too.... :D

I believe that SJK charters his own ship extremely well, given his high IQ and good EQ. Kyo is certainly enjoying their exhilarating cruise, riding on high waves now and then. It must have been adrenalin-pumping for our Song Song couple to take on this beautiful love journey together, knowing that they are constantly under the radar and one wrong move could rock the ship or break a heart. I can just imagine how much thoughts and discussion SJK and SHK must have had to execute their plans smoothly and how SJK must have put Kyo ahead of himself and shield her from hurt each time. How he managed to break down her solid wall (built from unpleasant past experience) and win her trust and how mature and unselfish he must be to discuss something as serious as marriage at 31 and at the peak of his career. Like the MC at the KBS interview said - he is young but he has the mind of a 50-year-old!

Well, SJK has said that he is actually a serious person but he can be playful at times. Perhaps these contrasting attributes have appealed to SHK - while JK's playful side feeds Kyo's childlike quality, his serious side promises her a steady, reliable and responsible guy who would provide security and stability, not to mention protection and unconditional love, in marriage as a long-term commitment.

They really complement each other well, because I bet Kyo must have felt her protective instinct kicked in too, during those times when JK felt vulnerable in certain situations. We have seen that during their KBS Daesang Award speeches. There have been other situations as well.

It is touching for JK to assure us that he and Kyo will address their shortcomings with love and do good together by being more conscious of their surroundings. This guy never fails to impress us with all his thoughts and actions. 

I must say his best shot is getting SHK to believe in love again and to trust him in their forward journey together. It must have taken JK lots of determination, patience and understanding to win her trust. Who wouldn't fall for his attractive qualities and intelligence at the end of the day?

It seemed that all along, he had skilfully planned for this ship to sail. He was waiting for Kyo to go onboard with him. He gave her space to turn from a close colleague to a lover. Isn't it sweet of him? And she reciprocated so lovingly, finally having the courage to commit herself to a fairytale marriage. The handsome prince and the gorgeous princess. The knight in shining armour who has rescued the beauty from all the beasts.

It's the love story of the century.

Yes. Definitely.

Absolutely.     :wub:

@sf4kdrama,  I don't know Korean language but I think the English translation of KBS World has something wrong here and surely causes misunderstanding. You should see from kshowonline for accuracy translation I think: "When he parted from his girlfriend, he saluted her like the drama." And Song Song part starts at 2:34 fyi.

http://kshow123.net/show/entertainment-weekly/episode-1679.html

2 hours ago, Thuy Nguyen Le said:

@sf4kdrama,  I don't know Korean language but I think the English translation of KBS World has something wrong here and surely causes misunderstanding. You should see from kshowonline for accuracy translation I think: "When he parted from his girlfriend, he saluted her like the drama." And Song Song part starts at 2:34 fyi.

http://kshow123.net/show/entertainment-weekly/episode-1679.html

Pheeeew!!! thanks for looking that one up @Thuy Nguyen Le !! I've gotta learn Korean just for Song Song  :lol:

22 hours ago, hclover96 said:

Here is the timeline again.  I deleted it before out of respect for SS' privacy, but since they have officially announced their wedding, i think it's safe to post it again.  I added the Etihad flight attendant's account to the Sept. 29, 2015 date (should be ok to post this now).  Part 4 is the newly translated part (can just skip straight to that).

A Chinese fan posted very detailed timelines of SS' journey from the very beginning till their Bali trip (thanks to 格子的圆圈).  I've decided to translate the timeline and add in my own details.  Just a stroll down memory lane on why we ship these two wonderful and amazing people.

Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki Timeline - Part 1

1.  2013 - 3 times "That Winter the Wind Blows" interaction/intersection (only two of his visits were made public through the news, Chinese fans said there were 3 visits by him, one was not made public):  visit the filming site at the end of January, sent a food truck and visited the set again on February 25 along with his other buddies (Lee Kwang Soo, Im Ju Hwan and Kim Ki Bang).  When asked by the MC at his last fan meeting before his enlistment why he sent the food truck to the TWTWB set, he jokingly said (though I'm pretty sure he's actually serious, lol) he wanted to see Song Hye Kyo sunbae.

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3trbw1ddj30hs0yadsp.jpg

2.  February 7, 2013 - Kyo's High Cut Interview where she mentioned JK

Hide contents

Then, which [male] actor do you have your eye on?

Choosing just one male… I am not sure. Junior male [actors] are all just precious. Ah, I started watching Innocent Man (KBS2) because of Moon Chae Won sshi, but I really liked the character of Gang Maru (Song Joong Ki). His face is nice and clear and he looks pretty, but when he encounters a difficult situation, he becomes completely absorbed in it. It had been a while since I watched a melodrama and my heart was beating so hard.

Source: High Cut, Volume 95, February 7 – 20, 2013
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

3.  August 2013 ~ May 2015 (dates were not specified) - bumped into each other in coffee shops and clothing store

Hide contents

Translations from Kyo's 20th anniversary fan meeting (many thanks to ace and capable chingu for the translations, Angie for her edits ^_^)

35249651932_eede2d4ef6.jpg

35249652092_0d2d8ccdb8_c.jpg

4.  End of 2014 - received DotS script, wanted to act in it.  February 4, 2015 - news of Joong Ki starring in DotS came out.  March 2, 2015 - JK met up with writer Kim Eun Sook.  March 12, 2015 - Kyo confirmed to star in DotS

Hide contents

Have you imagined you’d work with Song Hye Kyo one day?

5 or 6 months before I got discharged from the army, I received this role offer and I said I’d do it, and I heard Hye Kyo-nuna received the script after that. I strangely thought it would happen and I feel like it happened because I was really hoping it would. Writer Kim Eun Sook, Song Hye Kyo, none of them is prudish and we communicate well because I’m kind of like that too. It’s weird how we’re really a good match.

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/10/27/october-2015-elle-song-joong-ki-descendants-of-the-sun-interview/

5.  February 14, 2015 (Valentine's Day) - first DotS team meeting

Hide contents

hhlgyu.jpg&key=5af29fd3806004873a00a4a67

35250515452_0a4110b2a3_c.jpg

(many thanks to ace and capable chingu for their translations again)

6.  May 19, 2015 - June 2015 edition of Kyo's Elle magazine interview came out.  In that interview, she talked about JK and DotS

Hide contents

There are big expectations about this first-class star line-up called the “Song Song couple”. I’m curious to hear about the real life chemistry of the Song Song couple.

Joong Ki and In Sung (Jo In Sung) are close friends. When we were filming “That Winter, The Wind Blows”, he made a surprise visit to the set. We didn’t talk long that day. And since I’m the sunbae, all he did was to greet me and he left. After that, we ran into each other a few times here and there. Like we’d greet each other after sitting coincidentally in the same coffee shop.

How would you describe Song Joong Ki?

Joong Ki has a pretty face. Pale skin. He said he didn’t really care about it at first. His skin is paler than the pale skin women usually hope for. As for his personality, he’s very easygoing. He’s a complete sangnamja! He’s quite viril. Very mature. Has very good manners toward his sunbaes. He wasn’t just nice to me, I saw how nice he treated other people and I thought to myself he’s quite a nice guy. He was born in 1985, I think. I have a lot of friends younger than him, and when I compare them to him, Joong Ki gives off this “dignified” vibe. It had been a long time since I had sensed something like this. And basically, he’s a good actor too.

I think it’s something than can actually bring more synergy between the two of you. He’s an actor who has been on hiatus for a while. He will probably be very passionate, right?

Hm. You’re right. His passion is no joke. Joong Ki’s personality is similar to mine. Especially our work mindset. Being late on set, having filming being delayed or stopped because of me is something that I really hate. The staff must always enjoy working on the set. When people think about me, they must think of me as an interesting and nice character. If I find out that even one person thinks “wow, she’s so annoying!”, I can’t never endure it. Joong Ki and I are exactly the same on this matter. That’s why I think this drama set will be very “proper/upright” (smiles).

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/07/01/june-2015-elle-song-hye-kyo-descendants-of-the-sun-and-song-joong-ki-interview/

7.  May 26, 2015 - the day JK was discharged from military service.  Writer Kim Eun Sook was there with a banner to greet him.  There was also a fan account of the cast of DotS going out to eat dinner that night.  In this fan account, the fan said Kyo talked a lot :lol:

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3w9dviysj30hs0vltmy.jpg

8.  May 28, 2015 - first DotS script reading.  On June 5, 2015, Kyo posted the pics from the script reading on her IG (JK made his debut on Kyo's IG, lol)

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wdfpqooj30hs1s54qp.jpg

9.  June 7, 2015 - Thai fan posted a pic of Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwang Soo at the Thailand airport in front of a Kyo Laneige poster (this trip was a gift from JIS to JK for successfully completing his military service)

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wdx8v80j30zk0zk7wh.jpg

10.  June 13, 2015, Kyo updated her IG, DotS began filming

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wdslo6dj30hs0kaq53.jpg

SS Timeline - Part 2

1.  June 2015 - Jin Goo said in an interview that the four of them (SHK, SJK, KJW and JG) went on a trip together in Yangpyeong.  June 16, 2015 - JK was seen at the set where Kyo was filming, but he didn't have any scenes to film that day (thanks to @thepixiesand @Amy Phanfor their excellent memory).  June 22, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG and deleted it soon afterwards. 

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3vf2z6tfj30hs1antn6.jpg

005ALQ2Ajw1et5qk6gpr9j338w1tshdu.jpg

2.  July 2015 - Fan account of SS filming DotS, said "too handsome, too beautiful".  DotS dinner - DotS actor posted on his IG with pics of the dinner

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg51dw8b8vj30jo0m640q.jpg

006wjj0Agy1fg3vfdlhqbj30hs0zmaq0.jpg

3.  August 25, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG.  August 29, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG again with the caption "Taebaek"

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3vgtmyg0j30hs16rtlf.jpg

4.  September 12, 2015 - Filmed red wine kiss.  September 17, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG with pics of flowers that Jo Jae Yoon gave her

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3vik51fkj30hs1ew7mt.jpg

5.  September 19, 2015 - Filmed shoelace tying scene (DotS poster), JK's birthday, Kyo updated her IG with the pic of Taebaek and they went to have beef bone soup

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3whu3ti4j30hs1pdka5.jpg

6.  September 21 and September 23, 2015 - Mapa Chicken dinner

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wkfepvyj315o15onlf.jpg

7.  September 28, 2015 - DotS cast leaving to go to Greece for filming.  Lucky fan got both SS signatures.  A fan account of seeing Kyo in person at the airport, kept on gushing about how beautiful Kyo was and how it was no joke seeing her in person.  September 29, 2015 - a flight attendant from Etihad Airways posted an account of SS sitting together in one seat watching a movie together (seats are big and spacious though lol)

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wkz0lsmj30hs28c4qp.jpg

8.  September 30, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG with a pic of Greece

Hide contents

6afb0f0cjw1ewknvewto4j20k00jzdhx.jpg

9.  October 4, 2015 - Filmed car window kiss scene.  Kyo also updated her IG with Greece pic.  October 5, 2015 - Filmed rooftop kiss scene.  Kyo updated her IG with pic on a boat

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wpey0rwj30hs1sutwt.jpg

SS Timeline - Part 3

1.  October 7, 2015 - filmed truck kiss scene

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wu2lbhvj30u215o4h7.jpg

2.  October 9, 2015 - filmed hair tying scene

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3wu3k2plj30dw0nd460.jpg

3.  October 11, 2015 - filmed coffee mugs hugging scene;  October 13, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3x1dofvyj30hs16rarc.jpg

4.  October 15, 2015 - filmed shipwreck kiss scene;  October 17, 2015 and October 22, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3x4foic2j30hs2431kx.jpg

5.  October 28, 2015 - Returned to Korea after filming in Greece ended.  Fan account of JK at the airport, fan said she/he heard Kyo was on the same flight as JK, but she wasn't seen.

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3x4olzpdj30zk1binib.jpg

6.  November 22, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3x7hwlscj30zk0zkazx.jpg

7.  November 23, 2015 - JK was injured while filming DotS

Hide contents

It was relayed that actor Song Joong Ki was injured while filming KBS 2TV‘s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama, “Descendants of the Sun.”

He was filming an action scene for the drama on November 23 when he injured his arm. He currently had the arm splinted, and has canceled filming schedules until November 26.

https://www.soompi.com/2015/11/24/song-joong-ki-suffers-injury-while-filming-action-scene-for-descendants-of-the-sun/

8.  December 23, 2015 - Kyo updated her IG;  December 30, 2015 - Completed filming for DotS and wrap-up party was held that day

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3xc3nfv3j30hs1tlnk1.jpg

9.  January 3, 2016 - Kyo updated her IG;  January 9 to January 12, 2016 - JK was in Shanghai, China for the 2016 Asian Smile Cup;  January 10, 2016 - There were news reports of Kyo at Gimpo Airport going to China for overseas activities;  January 23, 2016 - Kyo updated her IG (during this time, shippers have come to speculate that "23" is a special day for SS.  JK was injured on 11/23, Kyo updated her IG with a pic of her doing a heart sign with her hands on 12/23, JK's shirt for the Asian Smile Cup has the number 23 on it, Kyo updated her IG with flowers on 1/23)

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fg3xfytbogj30hs29r1j6.jpg

SS Timeline - Part 4

1.  January 24, 2016 - Kim Min Suk's birthday, he revealed in an interview that SS celebrated his birthday with him.

2.  Around Lunar New Year 2016 - Fan accounts of SS spotted in NYC shopping and holding hands appeared on SNS and Kyo posted a pic with her hair stylist friend on her IG showing that she's indeed in NYC.

Hide contents

25987438865_71267504a3_o.jpg

25961521136_7a19a88703_b.jpg

12558653_1746349855585425_1830674275_n.j

3.  February 22, 2016 - DotS press conference

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fhaapbsl3hj30hs12v44t.jpg

Hahaha, top left pic of JK looking like that was when Kyo called him a reliable dongsaeng.  Cnets love to use that pic to joke around saying that's his "no love" face :lol:

006wjj0Agy1fhaaolllf3j30hs1uvwnu.jpg

Cnets actually made a detailed chart to decipher whether they drank from the same bottle of water or not.  I didn't even try to make sense of the chart, but the conclusion from cnets is that SS did drink from the same bottle of water :lol:

4.  February 27, 2016 - Entertainment Weekly broadcasted the interview from the cast of DotS on the day of the press conference.  When asked if she wants an apology or a confession, Kyo cheekily said she wants a confession because she's getting older and can't waste time, lol

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fhaapcj8nzj30hs13mwlb.jpg

The middle pic showed their feet touching :ph34r:

5.  March 16, 2016 - DotS mid-drama press conference

Hide contents

3c7e2945a934e00c4d2af35afcd28cbf--the-su

10693385_781820725282809_1372876823_n.jp

6.  March 27, 2016 - Date in Itaewon with Park Hoon and Kim Min Suk tagging along

Hide contents

11363912_558136527679901_346140735_n.jpg

Kyo signed her signature with the date "2016.3.28" because it was past midnight already.

7.  March 30, 2016 - JK went on KBS News9 where he said they are enjoying the rumors and that she'll get mad at him if he didn't choose her.

Hide contents

006wjj0Agy1fhaapdzql0j30hs0w3afd.jpg

thank you so much @hclover96 for sharing it and to those contributor. Specially to chingu ace for always doing the subtitle for us.. Hands down to all of you comrades..

Here's a nice article that Ace chingu translated and @angieknows proofread that we wanted to share.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2017/07/05/0200000000AKR20170705091300005.HTML?input=1195m

According to Yeonhap Report, actor SJK had worried about how their wedding announcement would affect the career of his wife-to-be SHK and the release of “Battleship Island” right before the revelation was made. 

Last week, right before their wedding announcement, SJK visited Director Ryu, and his wife, Mrs. Kang, who is also the President of BI’s Production Company. He informed them of his marriage plans to seek their understanding as to why the wedding announcement had to be made before the release of BI.

According to President Kang, “On July 5th, SJK visited us to discuss something important. We assumed he would discuss the next project with us. When he talked about his ‘marriage,’ we all thought he was kidding.” The marriage of these two sounds like a drama [story], so we reacted jokingly, “You are kidding!” President Kang added, “SJK was so considerate of SHK. Once a wedding announcement is released, people tend to be harsher towards the actress, and after the marriage, compared to the actors, actresses are offered limited acting projects/roles. So, he thought about how he could support her.” President Kang was quite impressed with SJK’s sincere attitude towards his fiancée.

It is known that since last month, SJK-SHK couple had been planning for the right time to announce their wedding. However, MBC’s Section TV had broadcast their Bali trip and invaded their private life. That forced them to make their announcement before the release of “Battleship Island”.

We all were surprised at first, but we congratulate them. SJK is a very wonderful man—not only as a person but also as an actor. So, we assure you that his wedding announcement has nothing to do with the release of BI.

I hate MBC.  And really love these two.  He's so caring towards her. 

Joong Ki is not only an excellent actor but also an awesome man. He didn't worry about himself but Kyo and BI. That matches his considerate personality. Every single piece of info after his wedding announcement is in favour of him. Every single testomony of him is a good one. Don't worry babe, we will always be your wings. Just like what Kwong Soo has to do, all we need to do is to include Kyo into our love to you.

@melleri that article excites me for two reasons one because SJK continues to impress us with his dedication to Kyo but the other being that it looks like Kyo will most definitely be taking the role in that movie.(oh and I hate MBC too!)

SJK is so right that actresses face a setback in terms of acting offers after marriage but seeing how Kyo wants to dive right into work it's good news for all fans. 

I'm confident that SS shippers will continue to support SS not just as a romantic couple but also as working actors. In fact now that they're getting married there isn't any reason for shippers to have reservations about them working with other actors/actresses. I really hope that we continue to see them act out various roles with various co-stars because there are so many talented Korean actors that it would be a waste of both - SJK and Kyo as actors. And there may be future melo/romantic dramas in the future for both of them and that's fine because that's just a reel love story.

I'm still waiting to see Kyo acting with actors like Ha Jung Woo and Gong Yoo. Needs to happen!

-----

edit : saw pictures of the light box advertisement in Seoul by SJK Baidu. Very nice!!!

It is actually a lot easier for SSC shippers and Hyebaragi to accept their wedding news as they actually look forward to it. However, it is harder for some Ki aile to face it. Many of them have to adjust their minds and feelings towards their babe and overcome the jealousy and broken-hearts. I have seen some on ig are really destressed up to a point that (if they can) they almost want to jump out and stab him. I guess this is why JK felt nervous at the BI event after his wedding announcement.

The article made me admire and love ki more!Im more of a shk fan since i watch aimh but become his fan after watching the innocent man.become a songsong shipper after dots news.kyo will remain a great actress even after marriage i just hope all the people will see that. It will be a waste if she will act less after marriage I just love both of them as a person and as actors. ❤❤❤

The shipper here (including me if I may) can all have an alternative career as super sleuth detectives! We already expected that their original intent is to announce after BI movie's run (until MBC forced their hand), and we knew this sudden announcement was the work of SJK's as his way to protect Goddess from malicious comments on Social media..Fighting! 

3 hours ago, melleri said:

Here's a nice articlei that Ace chingu translated and @angieknows proofread that we wanted to share.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2017/07/05/0200000000AKR20170705091300005.HTML?input=1195m

According to Yeonhap Report, actor SJK had worried about how their wedding announcement would affect the career of his wife-to-be SHK and the release of “Battleship Island” right before the revelation was made. 

Last week, right before their wedding announcement, SJK visited Director Ryu, and his wife, Mrs. Kang, who is also the President of BI’s Production Company. He informed them of his marriage plans to seek their understanding as to why the wedding announcement had to be made before the release of BI.

According to President Kang, “On July 5th, SJK visited us to discuss something important. We assumed he would discuss the next project with us. When he talked about his ‘marriage,’ we all thought he was kidding.” The marriage of these two sounds like a drama [story], so we reacted jokingly, “You are kidding!” President Kang added, “SJK was so considerate of SHK. Once a wedding announcement is released, people tend to be harsher towards the actress, and after the marriage, compared to the actors, actresses are offered limited acting projects/roles. So, he thought about how he could support her.” President Kang was quite impressed with SJK’s sincere attitude towards his fiancée.

It is known that since last month, SJK-SHK couple had been planning for the right time to announce their wedding. However, MBC’s Section TV had broadcast their Bali trip and invaded their private life. That forced them to make their announcement before the release of “Battleship Island”.

We all were surprised at first, but we congratulate them. SJK is a very wonderful man—not only as a person but also as an actor. So, we assure you that his wedding announcement has nothing to do with the release of BI.

I hate MBC.  And really love these two.  He's so caring towards her. 

thks a lot all for your kindness, anyway for the paragraph "According to President Kang, “On July 5th, SJK visited......", should it be "According to President Kang said on 5th that "SJK visited us....." not SJK visited her on 5th July ?.

1 hour ago, shklover4245 said:

thks a lot all for your kindness, anyway for the paragraph "According to President Kang, “On July 5th, SJK visited......", should it be "According to President Kang said on 5th that "SJK visited us....." not SJK visited her on 5th July ?.

Yes, he visited her earlier in the week as it says in the previous paragraph. Probably after the MBC crap started coming out. One reporter said that other news agencies would soon follow and report their dating news, and SSC did not want that. President Kang spoke on July 5th. The statement they released came out at 6:30am on the 5th of July, so he would have had to obviously talk to everyone prior to that.  Just a slight mistake I believe. 

Yoo PD shared a picture from back when DOTS was still shooting, the clothes seem to suggest that it's the cafe scene.

Basically saying it's a special picture because 2 years since this was taken two of the people in the picture have become a couple, another has become a father of two children and yet another is fast becoming an actress of the next generation.

It's almost like Kyo is resting her head on SJK's hand.. Hehe

Archived