[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Purestupidity said:

@Lyna I don't know, I am kind of angry with Yehua. I have read parts of novel in English translations.

Yes, he loves her very very much, but at the same time, you can understand why she chose to jump off and leave him.... Suffer and regret (at least for a while) cos you had it coming Yehua! Argh......h!

Girl power!

Understandable since he was being cold to her (which just further escalate the misunderstanding - thank to Sujin) without telling her anything. He thought what he did was to protect her but result in hurting her much more to the point that she uses the excuse that the pain, regret, and suffering was just part of a dream and wishes to forget it, shutting her heart out. The greater the love, the greater the hurt. 

He hurt her in this lifetime whereas she'll hurt him in the next lifetime (as Bai Qian), lol. It'll be his turn to misunderstand her (and her relationship with Mo Yuan). For me, I see both at fault in term of communication. He keeps things from her (to protect her because of love) whereas Bai Qian (as she even admit) that in both lifetime (as Su Su and Bai Qian) that she never really understand Ye Hua at all until it was too late.

Overall, they both suffer equally. Ye Hua in losing Su Su in one life time, and Bai Qian losing Ye Hua in the next life time.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lyna said:

Sujin wasn't punish as she time it to where it look like it was Bai Qian that had pushed her down and with the eye witnesses, Ye Hua knew that his grandfather has entrapped him (according to the epilogue from Ye Hua perspective) with the situation that had occur (and can use it against Bai Qian as she is a mortal in their eyes). Since from the look of it, a mortal doing that to an immortal can be dire punishment. Therefore to prevent Bai Qian from receiving a harsh punishment as she is a mortal, Ye Hua word it in a way that he thought would be able to protect her. An eye for an eye and him taking the lightening punishment for her without realizing that taking Bai Qian eyes was the end for them. Bai Bai (Su Su) in the belief that he loves Sujin therefore doesn't believe her when she tries to justify herself. Deep down, I am sure that Ye Hua knew it wasn't Su Su but there was nothing he could do except punish her by taking her eyes (to satisfy the fairies and not anger them since he knew what kind of punishment they could give her (given his uncle wife experience it before) and her being a mortal could be worse). It's just heartbreaking that he has to be the done to do it and result in Su Su hating him cause he's the type who never explain himself (that he's doing it to protect her) thus causing her to misunderstand his intention. (I'm so going to get my tissue ready for it) 

You can look at it in a sense that Bai Qian has never truly understand Ye Hua's heart until the very end (even like why he wore black outfit only). Ye Hua is definitely a lovestruck romantic fool (can't think of how to word it) in that he'll sacrifice everything and do everything in his power to protect the one person he love all his life.

Once Bai Qian remember her memories, she confronted Sujin about it and gave her the option to either leave the palace and guard the Demon King or Bai Qian will go to the King and explain the whole truth to him (basically it put Sujin in a corner given Bai Qian is a High Goddess in rank). And she took back her two eyes that Sujin has.

Sujin will get the punishment she deserve at the very end :) Honestly, Bai Qian is so not lucky with all these female counterparts and their betrayal! LOL!

I just wish the ending of the novel not so abrupt :(Thank you for the explanation I understand it better now :)

5 hours ago, Lyna said:

Trailer

Do anyone know the song that is playing at 3:26 marked of this trailer? 

I already searching it but until now I found nothing about it >_< I wish that song will release soon I really like it ^_^

4 hours ago, Purestupidity said:

@Lyna I don't know, I am kind of angry with Yehua. I have read parts of novel in English translations.

Yes, he loves her very very much, but at the same time, you can understand why she chose to jump off and leave him.... Suffer and regret (at least for a while) cos you had it coming Yehua! Argh......h!

Girl power!

2 hours ago, Lyna said:

Understandable since he was being cold to her (which just further escalate the misunderstanding - thank to Sujin) without telling her anything. He thought what he did was to protect her but result in hurting her much more to the point that she uses the excuse that the pain, regret, and suffering was just part of a dream and wishes to forget it, shutting her heart out. The greater the love, the greater the hurt. 

He hurt her in this lifetime whereas she'll hurt him in the next lifetime (as Bai Qian), lol. It'll be his turn to misunderstand her (and her relationship with Mo Yuan). For me, I see both at fault in term of communication. He keeps things from her (to protect her because of love) whereas Bai Qian (as she even admit) that in both lifetime (as Su Su and Bai Qian) that she never really understand Ye Hua at all until it was too late.

Overall, they both suffer equally. Ye Hua in losing Su Su in one life time, and Bai Qian losing Ye Hua in the next life time.

@Purestupidity I feel you :mellow:

@Purestupidity & @Lyna eventough I understand how much Ye Hua loves Su Su/Bai Qian the way he does it really wrong given no explanation at all. He giving her cold shoulder, doesn't trust her even took her eyes for another woman aka love rival after all of that just saying he'll marry her and become her eyes clearly won't settle the problems at all. If I'm Su Su surely I'll do the same jump off then drink the lost memory potion forget him completely. He can't protect Su Su but still insist want to be together I think that is selfish. Better let her go than continously hurt her *shake head* (。ŏ_ŏ)

Ps : I always feel Ye Hua have more fault in this relationship and Bai Qian hurt him because he hurt her first :tired:

13 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

@Purestupidity I feel you :mellow:

@Purestupidity & @Lyna eventough I understand why Ye Hua do that and how much he loves Su Su/Bai Qian the way he does it really wrong given no explanation at all. He giving her cold shoulder, doesn't trust her even took her eyes for another woman aka love rival after all of that just saying he'll marry her and become her eyes clearly won't settle the problems at all. If I'm Su Su surely I'll do the same jump off then drink the lost memory potion forget him completely. He can't protect Su Su but still insist want to be together I think that kind of selfish. Better let her go than continously hurt her *shake head* (。ŏ_ŏ)

I definitely see both side. It's harder to see Ye Hua side with him since we don't very much get a lot of things from his perspective (except for the epilogue) so I feel pity for him from the epilogue especially since he never love before and so the action he makes in his perceptive is for her sake. I see the similarity in that aspect between him and Mo Yuan, they both protect Si Yin/ Su SU in their own way which the outcome doesn't come out good sometime. All in all, they both suffer in their fate and love. Guess that's why it took them 3 lifetime to truly understand the meaning of love and to truly understand one another.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lyna said:

I definitely see both side. It's harder to see Ye Hua side with him since we don't very much get a lot of things from his perspective (except for the epilogue) so I feel pity for him from the epilogue especially since he never love before and so the action he makes in his perceptive is for her sake. I see the similarity in that aspect between him and Mo Yuan, they both protect Si Yin/ Su SU in their own way which the outcome doesn't come out good sometime. All in all, they both suffer in their fate and love. Guess that's why it took them 3 lifetime to truly understand the meaning of love and to truly understand one another.

Ah right the epilogue... Cruel grandfather poor Ye Hua still don't like how he treats Su Su but I can understand the reason his selfishness better, after thousands years live in pressure finally he finds a happiness because of that he keeps hold it tight don't want to let it go -_-

I like Mo Yuan, I want him to have special someone that he loves and love him back a happy ending for him :)

Recap of Ep 14:

This episode starts off in the demon realm where  Li Jing is bathing fully clothed with one of his concubines. Yan Zhi approaches him and he asks if she has found any clues to the whereabouts of the eldest prince. Li Jing tells Yan Zhi that it has been 70 thousand years what needs to let go, needs to be let go. She tells him that their father lord has left her and eldest brother is missing so if she lets go she would have nothing left. Li Jing tells her she still has him. Yan Zhi says that Ji Jing treated her the best, even better than their father. She has been reminiscing about their childhood and how they (eldest prince, Li Jing and Yan Zhi) used to play together. Li Jing tells her not to mention eldest brother again.Yan Zhi asks if he does not miss eldest brother,because after all they are brother and sister. Li Jing replies that Yan Zhi and eldest brother have the same mother, but he does not. In his mind, Yan Zhi and eldest brother are separate from each other and asks her not to mention him again. Yan Zhi asks if Li Jing and eldest brother can live in harmony with each other, which he scoffs.

Yan Zhi gives Li Jing th magic fan and said she found it in the mortal realm. He recognised it as Si Yin's weapon and asks if Yan Zhi had met him/her. She explains that she didn't meet Si Yin, but got the fan from a mortal woman. He immediately leaves to find Si Jin and finds his queen Xuan Nu jealously punishing a concubine. Li Jing tells her if she does not have a reason, to not come to the hot spring (where he has fun with the concubines) and to remember her place as Demon Queen. She tells him that she has been his queen for 70 thousand years but he has not been visited her palace many times. Li Jing tells Xuan Nu he will be leaving the palace and for her not to get too unreasonable with his concubines. Xuan Nu asks if he's going to the mortal realm,which he replies that he does not need to tell her what he is doing.She asks if he does not remember years ago at Kun Lun mountain....(they were all over each other) Li Jing tells her not to mention Kun Lun mountain again. Xuan Nu says it's been 70 thousand years since he (Si Yin) disappeared, what does Si Yin have that she can't compare ? Yan Zhi witnesses her brothers treatment of Xuan Nu and comforts her.

Li Jing goes to the mortal realm where He visits the tea house, one of the places that Si Yin would go. He gets to the forest near Su Su's house and goes through a magical barrier.Ye Hua appears and Li Jing mistakes him for Mo Yuan. Li Jing explains that Ye Hua really resembles Mo Yuan. Ye Hua lies and tells Li Jing that the mountain where they are standing is now a forbidden territory  of the Heaven tribe. The Golden Lion Beast has been harming this region of 10 years, so after he was killed this place has now become a forbidden territory.

Ye Hua tells Li Jing that this mountain is wild and no people come. Li Jing asks if Ye Hua knows why he had come. Ye Hua replies that Li Jing is holding the magic fan that belongs to Kun Lun, he must be looking for Si Yin. Li Jing asks if Ye Hua knows where Si Yi is,Ye Hua tells him that all he knows is after the battle 70 thousand years ago Si Yin and Mo Yuan have been living in hiding. Li Jing says this matter is complicated and until now he has not believed (the rumour). Ye Hua tells Li Jing that the fan belongs to Kun Lun mountain and should be returned to the Heaven tribe. Li Jing hesitates but still gives up the fan as a sign of loyalty to the Heaven tribe.

Ye Hua returns to the house to find Su Su making the kitchen smoke again. She tells him there isn't much rice and she just wasted it. Ye Hua tells her not to worry, when his wounds heal he will find food for them. Su Su secretly thinks "If your wounds don't heal, I have will have to starve with you". At bed time Ye Hua finds Su Su asleep on the table again and puts her back to bed with him. When she wakes up to find herself in bed with Ye Hua, Su Su asks how she got here. Ye Hua cheekily tells her at midnight she always crawls into bed with him, he is still wounded so couldn't stop her. She remarks that's it her that's holding him and tries to leave but he tells her to lie still. Su Su asks if she's touching his wounds but he pretends to sleep.

Meanwhile, Feng Jiu is cutting peach branches for Dong Hua. She is approached by Si Ming who teases her for cutting the peach blossoms saying doesn't Zhi Yan have a 10 mile peach forest, it seems Feng Jiu has not seen enough of them and has come to Tai Chen palace just to look at them. Feng Jiu tells him, since she has come here, she has not seen Dong Hua. She is ordered around by the other maids and has nearly forgotten why she had come in the first place. Si Ming tells her Dong Hua has always been in the palace but doesn't come out. Feng Jiu asks if he has been blacklisted, Si Ming tells her about Dong Hua's reputation. Everyone in the Heaven palace regards Dong Hua as a god who disregards mortal issues, staying away from the world. He only gets involved in issues regarding the peace of the the four seas and eight regions. Dong Hua does not respect anyone and is a god suitable to hang up on a wall (as a living pictures). Feng Jiu is dissapointed at the kind of person Dong Hua is, and Si Ming tells her not to worry about repaying Dong Hua since he disregards trivial matters. Feng Jiu still wants to repay Dong Hua, so Si Ming comes up with a plan for her to get an audience with him. She hesitates because if she if seen in the palace, she could get punished. Si Ming assures her that as princess of the fox tribe, Feng Jiu has lowered herself to become a maid, Dong Hua might be so moved that he won't punish her.

Lian Song praises the peach blossoms and Si Ming tells him they were chosen by a new maid. Lian Song is excited there are new maid and Si Ming asks if he would like to meet her, meanwhile Dong Hua just looks bored. Feng Jiu is asked to come into Dong Hua's presence and bows to him but he does not tell her to stand. Lian Song asks her to stand so he can look at her. They are interrupted by Cheng Yue who tells everyone that Lian Tong is a lady killer, so of course he wants to look at Feng Jiu's face. Lian Song says he wants to see if her face is like Si Ming says, causing him to he crazy in love. Si Ming reluctantly agrees, and Dong Hua says that everyone has come to his study to reenact a play. Cheng Yue pretends to misunderstand his meaning and Dong Hua leaves while Feng Jiu gazes longingly at him. Cheng Yu tells Feng Jiu off for not having the aura of a princess of the fox tribe. Lian Song is surprised that everyone knows Feng Jiu and asks what her true identity is. He asks what her true purpose is for dressing as a maid and tells her lots of other girls have used the excuse of repaying Dong Hua to get close to him. Lian Song asks if Si Ming knows Feng Jiu and remarks even if Dong Hua is in the right,he can't explain himself. Due to his good deed, he has attracted a little peach blossom (romance) who does not understand love. Si Ming explains that his relationship with Feng Jiu is complicated to explain, but how she got in Tai Chen palace is also thanks to Cheng Yue. Lian Song asks why she got involved and she says she saw an injustice and decided to help. Cheng Yue said she could not stand a lovesick heart, so she wanted to help. Lian Song remarks that women from the past are people men cannot get involved with the most. Just because they used to be in love,even if their relationship ended, he (Lian Tong) still has to respect her wishes his whole life, if not she will think you are scum. Si Ming pretends to learn from that lesson.

Su Su approaches Ye Hua and tells him that the porridge she made for him is the last of their rice. She says that when she was living alone, it was fine, keeping a few pets wasn't an issue. But keeping a human is difficult, this rice was exchanged using the fruits she had found in half a month and it had been eaten in just a few days so there is no food left in the house.

Ye Hua says that not keeping food in the house really is a problem, it's now autumn so in the winter it will be an even bigger problem. Su Su replies it's not the issue of winter but his wounds have healed so shouldn't he be leaving? He asks if she wants him to leave. Su Su says she is not asking him to leave but she saved him but cannot feed him. Ye Hua tells Su Su she had saved him so he will stay to repay her. Su Su assures him he doesn't need to repay her, when she saved him she did not expect to be repaid. Ye Hua tells Su Su whether she wants it or not and if he wants to repay her are two different issues. He is not an ungrateful person, whether she accepts it or not he will repay this debt. Su Su tells him she does not want anything and Ye Hua tells her she can take her time to think about it.

Su Su says if Ye Hua truely wants to repay her, he can use his self to repay her. She explains that she lives alone on the mountain and does not need anything but does not have any human companions, so if he truely wants to repay her he can use his self to be her companion. Su Su says if he doesn't agree, it is normal because besides saving him, she didn't really do anything.

Ye Hua is pleased she fell in his trap and agrees to use his self to repay her. Su Su says that she thought he would have to think about it for a couple of days. He agreed so quickly, she had not prepared anything. He asks what she needs to prepare and Su Su says that if he agrees to use his self to repay her, don't they need to have a ceremony bowing to the Heaven and earth of the Eastern land,vowing to become husband and wife not abandoning each other. Su Su says that even if she has no parents, it would not be good to skip this step. Ye Hua asks if she wants to get married, as he had never bowed to Heaven and earth with anyone before. He suggests that they simplify everything as rituals are not important. Ye Hua says next they need to buy things for their wedding, besides the red blanket they don't have any other marriage items. 

Meanwhile, Su Jin is getting ready for her marriage with the Heaven King. Her personal maid remarks that clearly Su Jin is in love with the crown prince, how come she is now becoming a concubine for the Heaven King. Plus he is gettinng along in years and has no ability to visit his harem anymore. In all the imperial concubine, Su Yin would be the youngest and the most powerless. Su Yin says that the Heaven King unable to visit his harem is what she wants. The maid says that Su Yin is still young, after getting married she will be alone and her chambers empty.

Ye Hua and Su Su see the priest on the street but he has become insane. In the tea house, the locals are gossiping about why the priest became insane. The priest had a wife who passed away but showed up again a few days ago bringing with her a child. He had just brought the child home when the child's father showed up, bashed the priest then took the child and  even the priests life savings.

Su Su remarks that she was gone for a few days but events happened that were even more exciting than a play. Ye Hua asks if she knew the priest and she tells him he was a bad man who tried to harm her twice. He asks Su Su if she wants to buy anything else, she remarks that he had sold his jade pendent and they had only got this many things, does he want to sell his metal sword?

Su Su tells him she asked him to marry her, not to buy her things. She says that she only has the grass house, and asks if he truly isn't conning her. Li Jin sees Su Su on the street and runs after her. Su Su dresses for her wedding day and remarks that it's a waste she only wears her wedding garments for one day. Ye Hua replies that if she wants she can wear it for the whole year. Su Su asks Ye Hua that after living together for a time, what if their personalities are incompatible,us like this, isn't it a little too soon?When you take me to see your parents, what if they knew you had married a wife (without permission) would they be unhappy? Su Su says she forgot to ask Ye Hua if he is engaged because in the village, the men she had seen that were his age had already married and had children. Ye Hua tells Su Su that is family's situation is complicated, but all she needs to know is from today she is his wife. If he married her, he will not betray her. 

At their wedding altar, Su Su lifts up her own veil and Ye Hua tells her that's her husbands job.Su Su says that she does not know what to say and Ye Hua says all she needs to do is repeat after him. Ye Hua and Su Su vow to become husband and wife with each other for many lifetimes, truly loving each other, regardless of misfortune, never being apart.

On their wedding night, Su Su tells Ye Hua  that they have vowed to each other to become husband and wife for many lifetimes, so he is not allowed to wrong her. She is a person who can separate  love and hatred but if he betrays  her, the vows they made no longer count and she will leave him never seeing him again. The episode ends with their clothes on the floor!

• Like 7

@frostflower14, thank you so much for your recaps! as someone who doesn't understand the language at all, they have been extremely helpful while watching the raws.  otherwise i'd pretty much have to watch them, ogling the pretty people and costumes, and basically guessing what's going on. :wink: so many many thanks for your efforts.  i'm enjoying this drama even more because of you. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lyna said:

@atsu-chan Thank you for letting me know the title. I been searching and really like the song (guess we'll have to wait for the full release version). Hopefully soon. :)

@meifang89 Thanks for sharing the clips of episode 16 and 17.

And of course, much thanks to @frostflower14 for the recap. 

You're welcome :blush: 

Just a random but isn't it funny or interesting at least that of all the men in Bai Qian's lives, she only offer body repayment and whatsnot to just Ye Hua only :) 

As Su Su, she offer Ye Hua to repay her with his body whereas as Bai Qian, she offer to repay him with her body. Just Ye Hua only :)  from what I am assuming and reading (unless I miss something) 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Ep16- Yehua is planning to fake his death, so that he can be with Su Su. He said that if he has to choose between being crown prince and her life, he will choose to be with her.

Ok, I'm feeling a bit more sympathetic towards Yehua after watching today's episode. He will do whatever he can to be with Su Su. 

So much love between Yehua and Su Su, it is all building up and wham! We are all going to be hit by the tidal wave when they separate, stock up on those tissue boxes!!

Just saw the trailer for Ep 19, they will find out Su Su is pregnant tomorrow. Man, the story is moving fast! Go go go!

• Like 2

I really wish they had created a different drama for Dong Hua and Feng Jiu.  From the book, their story was soo much better than Bad Qian and Ye Hua. 

I'm only on episode 6 and I can already see how much it has stirred away from the book...

Hi everyone :D just realised that there is a section for Chinese dramas >_< 

I just finished the novel and started following the drama a few days ago. I think it is really difficult for a drama to be better than the novel (Hua Qian Gu is one big disappointment) but I have a good feeling that this drama is going to be as good, if not better than the novel as it had a better flow and stronger character development.

So long as the drama stays true to the events in the novel, I think we will all be in for an emotion roller coaster B)

• Like 4

@lianyi oh that makes sense.  They probably didn't buy the rights to the book because of plagiarism issue that is on going.  

I read both books translated to Vietnamese, so the stories were pretty good.  Bai Qian and Ye Hua story didn't stick to me like Dong Hua and Feng Jiu.  

You are correct, the characters development for this drama is a lot better than the book.  Since the books was written in Bai Qian's point of view.  

I especially love the scenery, costume and setting. Sooo pretty..

• Like 2