[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

I'm watching this drama and so far it's up to episode 4. I was expecting the drama to start when Ye Hua meets Su Su after she rescues him in dragon form (she thought he was a snake with horns).

Instead, it starts when Bai Qian the daughter of the king of the fox tribe becomes Mo Yuan's student. I have a feeling by episode 10 Mo Yuan will perish and Bai Quan will meet Ye Hua (the lead male character)

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 5:11 AM, tintin92 said:

it will start tonight ! hope Dramafever will release the episodes as soon as possible! might take a while though :) 

it's a torture without subs :D

hopefully, not too long they just subbed and put up the trailer and casting info today subs shouldn't be too far behind..any day now I would think.. Once they start releasing the episodes, they're pretty good about staying on schedule *8-> day dreaming

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

I'm watching this drama and so far it's up to episode 4. I was expecting the drama to start when Ye Hua meets Su Su after she rescues him in dragon form (she thought he was a snake with horns).

Instead, it starts when Bai Qian the daughter of the king of the fox tribe becomes Mo Yuan's student. I have a feeling by episode 10 Mo Yuan will perish and Bai Quan will meet Ye Hua (the lead male character)

Spoiler

So Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are not the same person? I never read the novel but when I was looking through Wikipedia, it said that they are twins. is that true? :huh: if so, what's the point of Bai Qian being Mo Yuan's disciple?

EDIT: they probably explained all of this but I had to watch it raw with no subs so I had no idea what they were saying.

Edited by shinaabby

7 hours ago, shinaabby said:

Have no idea what's happening so far but I like it this way. I'm going to rewatch everything again once the subs come out. Just a friendly reminder to put up spoiler boxes if you're posting up spoilers about the drama (: just to be safe, here's my speculation (and rant) so far in the drama. I have not read the novel btw. I just finished watching ep 3.

Hide contents

It seems like Mo Yuan is the mortal Ye Hua? I think the thunder scene was heaven punishing him? In ep 3 his "true self" (he was in his Ye Hua clothes) was talking to Si Yin though I have no idea what. I was wondering what happened when Si Yin when she was glowing and fainted while Mo Yuan was being struck by lightning.

UPDATE: Just did some background Wikipedia check. Mo Yuan is the God of War AND Ye Hua's twin brother???? Lol now I'm even MORE more confused,!! How is this three lifetimes? lol hopefully the subs will clear all my confusion.

OUUU did they cut the hugging scene from behind? I swore I saw glowing Ye Hua hugging Si Yin in the opening or ending! Ouuuu I'm mad lol  

Oh, and their relationship reminds me so much of Hua Qian Gu and Bai Zi Hua :D only Mo Yuan seems to show his affection a little more ish. Speaking of Mo Yuan, his name is so similar to Bai Zi Hua's "human" name, Mo Yan. Not to mention Mo Yuan taking the lightning strikes from Si Yin like how Bai Zi Hua was taking those painful shards for Hua Qian Gu. OMG these hot teachers love their cute disciples to death! I need one in my life hahahahaha okay, I'll stop comparing now.

Now onto ep. 4!

Dramafever still have no sub! *tears* I guess that's okay since Ye Hua haven't show up yet. I'm more invested in Ye Hua story than Mo Yuan (even though it's acted by the same actor) LOL!

Spoiler

I was actually like you thinking that Mo Yuan is 1 lives of Ye Hua but upon reading, it turn out that Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are twins brother. From the novel, when their mother was in labor, she could only saved one child but not the second one so their father feeling that they wronged the second child, retain the baby's soul within his own. Using his half of his life energy, he create a womb for the baby but the baby wouldn't wake up for the longest time.

In the drama, the golden lotus is Ye Hua (from what I am assuming on the sub) which shows that before he is actually born, he is already fated with Bai Qian (I kind of look at it like Bai Qian had imprinted on him like how Jacob imprinted on Renesmee in Twilight, LOL). 

Bai Qian only see Mo Yuan as her teacher and nothing more. I mean from the way it look, I am sure Mo Yuan have feeling for Bai Qian but he's not fated with her. The person fated with her was Ye Hua and their 3 lives (I am debating if the 1st is when she's Si Yin (as Mo Yuan disciple), So So, and then Bai Qian) or as (So So, Bai Qian) and then the 3rd live cycle reflect Ye Hua (part ending).

Yeah, the opening did show Ye Hua hugging Bai Qian. It could be near the ending during their time of separation since currently while Bai Qian is Si Yi, Ye Hua hasn't been born or awake yet. He's still just a spirit residing in the lotus (I believe). 

Hope that explains much! :)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, shinaabby said:

Hide contents

So Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are not the same person? I never read the novel but when I was looking through Wikipedia, it said that they are twins. is that true? :huh: if so, what's the point of Bai Qian being Mo Yuan's disciple?

EDIT: they probably explained all of this but I had to watch it raw with no subs so I had no idea what they were saying.

Sorry about double posting but I don't think Ye Hua will actually appear any time soon yet. From the way it seem, they're going to focus on Si Yin past, learning under Mo Yuan and all first (since during that time Ye Hua haven't awaken yet)...then they probably will focus on Ye Hua (when he is finally awake) and his ascension to being crown prince before his fateful and tragic meeting with So So. I kind of wonder from there, will they then shift the focus to Bai Qian's niece (since it seem they're combining the "Pillow Talk" novel) into this drama as well before finally focusing back on Ye Hua and Bai Qian.

• Like 3

@Lyna Thank you for sharing your knowledge from the novel haha that definitely explains a lot! :D I was dying to understand what was going on. I tried to not think about it but it kept bothering me anyways. And thank you for your speculations!

So in a way, Ye Hua was always watching Bai Qian.

Spoiler

This is just me and my opinion and no one has to agree with me at all lol. From the teaser, Mo Yuan told Si Yin to "Wait for me" before he died. Somehow I feel as if Mo Yuan will live within Ye Hua, becoming one person. Even though his soul disappeared forever (forgot where I read this), I choose to believe that he will be a part of his twin brother. Of course this is just a justification to myself because I feel awful thinking about Mo Yuan not getting love back from Si Yin :( and it just makes sense to me if it's three lifetimes they are fated to be together.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

@Lyna Thank you for sharing your knowledge from the novel haha that definitely explains a lot! :D I was dying to understand what was going on. I tried to not think about it but it kept bothering me anyways. And thank you for your speculations!

So in a way, Ye Hua was always watching Bai Qian.

Hide contents

This is just me and my opinion and no one has to agree with me at all lol. From the teaser, Mo Yuan told Si Yin to "Wait for me" before he died. Somehow I feel as if Mo Yuan will live within Ye Hua, becoming one person. Even though his soul disappeared forever (forgot where I read this), I choose to believe that he will be a part of his twin brother. Of course this is just a justification to myself because I feel awful thinking about Mo Yuan not getting love back from Si Yin :( and it just makes sense to me if it's three lifetimes they are fated to be together.

Yeah, in a way he has always been watching her. In one of the sub trailer, I think there was a mention that the flower is what started and ties their fates from beginning as out of all the flowers in the pond, she care for that one of all.

And that's how Ye Hua when he first met So So in his dragon form had mentioned that she look like that boy Si Yin which is So So herself so their fate were link from the beginning.

Spoiler

I agree that I think it would've of been great if Mo Yuan was another life of Ye Hua which I thought so until near the end to discover that they're twin.

I am not sure whether if he had lives if Bai Qian would have eventually fall for him. She cherish her teacher but I don't think it ever stem to love even when she met Ye Hua in her high goddess self that she did see a resemblance of Mo Yuan in him but she never see replacement nor question if she love Ye Hua because he's like her teacher. She just have a high level of respect for her teacher thus only see Ye Hua was Ye Hua and Mo Yuan as her teacher (from what I got in the novel)

And yes, Mo Yuan did say to wait for him before he supposedly die. During that time, Ye Hua spiritually as he has not truly born or awake yet had spend thousands of years gathering and collect fragments of Mo Yuan soul back - according to the novel while Bai Qian preserve his body using her blood.

I do like the length and deep respect she has for her teacher since it does make Ye Hua jealous.

I did hear a rumor that there might be a story for Mo Yuan and possible love (since the reveal have him as Ye Hua twin). So Mo Yuan could possibly have his own story and love.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, carmolita said:

hopefully, not too long they just subbed and put up the trailer and casting info today subs shouldn't be too far behind..any day now I would think.. Once they start releasing the episodes, they're pretty good about staying on schedule *8-> day dreaming

This will be my third chinese series on dramafever. They are always on schedule and fast but no new subs on the weekends :( 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Will there be any other sites other than Dramafever who's gonna eng sub them? It's not available in my country :( Downside of living in NZ I guess

Try finding a website to download without subs. I already checked out hdfree.se and dramacool but none of them have raws.

after dramafever releases the eps with subs , subscene will share the subtitles and you can download the subs :) 

5 hours ago, tintin92 said:

Try finding a website to download without subs. I already checked out hdfree.se and dramacool but none of them have raws.

after dramafever releases the eps with subs , subscene will share the subtitles and you can download the subs :) 

Those sites good quality raws?

Putting this in spoiler bc it might be spoiler for the drama. New BTS for ep 5 & 6. Yang Mi and Mark seem to have good chemistry together while filming. They always seem to make each other laugh. They must've became good friends whiling filming.

Spoiler

HAHAHAHAHAH "We are a team!"

Also, teaser for tomorrow's ep 7-8

Spoiler

• Like 3

7 hours ago, creidesca said:

The ending of episode 5 doesn't seem to match up w/ the beginning of episode 6? Or at least I feel like there should be something from ending of ep 5 to the beginning of ep 6.

Yeah, I agree with you. It just went straight to the war camp out of nowhere. Maybe they wanted to move the story along so Ye Hua could pop up hahaha :D

Spoiler

That one scene where Si Yin was talking to herself and Ye Hua was answering back. Awww so cute! Especially when Ye Hua looked back at her and was face to face with her. He must've been blushing and fled from embarrassment! :wub:

Edited by shinaabby
  • Like 2

Eternal Love MV - English Sub

I know this has been shared but I have been so in love with this song and MV. It literally matches so well in regards to Bai Qian and Ye Hua love. The love, the hurt, the resentment, and longing for each other. Just make me so eager for their love story to kick start.

As much as I love Mo Yuan,  Ye Hua definitely have my heart more. And although Bai Qian went through her first love and heartache, you can definitely tell that Ye Hua is the one she truly love. The greater the love, the greater the pain to the point that she wanted to forget it. 

One wishes to forget to erase the pain of loving while the other hold on the memories and longing.

Three lives sound more like Ye Hua meeting and loving Bai Qiang when she's 3 different lives - Si Ying, So So, and Bai Qian. 3 lives and an unchanging heart that loves her and only her.

• Like 5