11 minutes ago, liesl said:

So now.... I found another err... unusual thing again in the world of Addicted.

Why do you need a teaspoon to eat pasta?

So its not just your ears that's talented.. your eyes are quite 'addicted' too it seems.. ;)

But to answer, some people, like Italians (i know some) who eat their pasta especially the long kind like spaghetti by twirling it with their fork against a spoon..

1399563451093.jpg

But still..

..the one you posted is indeed too small for the fork.

@liesl Be honest. How many times have you rewatched the series? :P Should we be worried for you? This is a new symptom of being addicted you're showing. Hehe

As for me. As soon as Guhai enters a scene my focus starts to dwindle..

hqdefault.jpg

My Brain: Arms.. Arms.. Spare me a piece of that.. Spare me some mercy..

But please go on. Not only is it interesting, it actually will be good if someone can compile all of the discrepancies, weird things, continuity errors in the show. And you have the eyes and ears for it.  :)

@kaze99 You know.. its bad example for an older sibling to introduce a younger sibling to an "ADDICTION".

So.. good job?? hehe

• Like 16

2 hours ago, chlorox said:

I doubt JY kissed ZZ's neck, most probably he was whispering something bad or he found out something funny/embarrassing earlier and needed to share with him (that's how close their bromance is).

In my delulu mind, I always think of JY is smithen by ZZ and ZZ just tag along since it doesn't bother him and he actually enjoy the affection himself :-)

Haha, it's hidden so it's hard to know. There was this sudden movement down/back when JY reach the neck area, and maybe ZZ either 1) tilted his neck or 2)the tilted head is just a normal pre-reaction because he was going to fling out JY's hand. Maybe that click sound was something else too which gives off the impression. And I tried hard to see if there was any cheek & chin movement when JY was at that area to indicate if JY whispered something. I couldn't see any movement, so I wonder, if JY really said something, what sort of word he whispered that is so short, not so nice, maybe something to do with the click sound and needs little to no cheek/chin movement to accomplished?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, looperstar said:

It is quite helpful in actually eating the pasta. I use spoons as the base for the fork for twirling the pasta.

I actually always eat my pasta with a spoon and a fork. Hey, I just ate pasta for dinner!! :D But never with a TEASPOON.

Who twirls pasta on a teaspoon? :huh:

55 minutes ago, thoron said:

So its not just your ears that's talented.. your eyes are quite 'addicted' too it seems.. ;)

But to answer, some people, like Italians (i know some) who eat their pasta especially the long kind like spaghetti by twirling it with their fork against a spoon..

But still..

..the one you posted is indeed too small for the fork.

@liesl Be honest. How many times have you rewatched the series? :P Should we be worried for you? This is a new symptom of being addicted you're showing. Hehe

Thanks for your nice words, @thoron *hugs* By the way, there was this Italian girl I know who told me the way I eat my spaghetti (with spoon and fork) is actually wrong and not italian because Italians always eat their spaghetti with just forks. :huh: <-- this is my expression back then after being told of this.

So it's quite interesting for me to read that you knew some Italians who also eat their spaghetti with spoons. Any Italians here who can clarify this?

I'm worried for myself as well. I've rewatched the series so many times, it's unhealthy. BUT I STILL CAN'T STOP. HELP!!! :crazy:

*watch the series again*

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, liesl said:

I actually always eat my pasta with a spoon and a fork. Hey, I just ate pasta for dinner!! :D But never with a TEASPOON.

Who twirls pasta on a teaspoon? :huh:

Teaspoon? Oops. I did not catch it. My bad

14 minutes ago, liesl said:

I'm worried for myself as well. I've rewatched the series so many times, it's unhealthy. BUT I STILL CAN'T STOP. HELP!!! :crazy:

*watch the series again*

We are all fools. The title has warned us. We are all weaklings to temptation. HAHA

• Like 8

Hi guys, I need some advices to get over this :bawling:

Spoiler

This vid is a richard simmons compilation of ZZ's, perhaps, meipai.. I was thiking I'd be ok. I was wrong TTATT It starts with ZZ doing boxing and then practicing dancing and then freaking fooling around with his friends. How can you not love this child?! OMFGGGG I'm not OK

• Like 16

1 hour ago, pureblade said:

I'm still stuck in the hinterlands! I wanted to continue on the last post i made which felt very incomplete.   

@mastermeh welcome welcome! Very nice take on what's hapenning with our YuZhou ship. 

That market clip that was mentioned where they are both playing and JY tries to kiss him. He evades the attempt but when JY asks if he could kiss him did you all see his face? He became tenderly shy. Luckily he was called away at that moment but as JY continues to jokily talk about it you can also deduce from the last segment that ZZ did not brush it off as just JY's attempt to win at all cost. It affected him and he  went into thought mode and looked back at JY and the person filming. From the clip you see that there is a fair distance from where JY continues to speak and where ZZ was summoned to. JY was not speaking loudly either so ZZ looking back would show who thoughts were comprised of.

Secondly, has anyone wondered how they let off steam after being blueballed many times in filming? If you were to just close your eyes and imagine … lol well after reading this… you have been put into the same room, the same bed, the same covers with someone you just met; you interact with this person daily for weeks, your body on many ocassions makes a connection to that person with sexual arousal. This person has many time been the subject of that aganizing heat in your heart and in your loins. 

- this person still shares your bed, this person shares a blanket with you... for days... weeks...

Ill leave you all to fill in the blanks. 

I gotta agree that filming all these love scenes or even just the cuddling and kissing scenes would generate a lot of steam...I don't know if they're too much of a professional not to get THAT affected but boy, these boys are in their early 20's so judging by my friends actions during those days a stiff breeze could wind em up...so how could they not feel anything sexual during filming would be a miracle.

Actually it's already been discussed here I think that JY was vocal about how he was swept away by his character and how he needs to cool down first before he can answer questions posted by CJD and the director. A natural reaction when you're climbing your costar like a tree---a very attractive costar at that. 

I also think that they're not experienced enough as actors to suppress their actual emotion and surely there's a spill over in their real lives which we can surely see on the different BTS.

So I guess it's not so far-fetched to think that something might have developed between them may it be physical or emotional or both. I just hope that whatever bond they created will survive the constant separation and the rumor-mongering.

It would be such a waste if sly rumors would prevent them from working together again.These two has an unusual IT factor that cannot be fully explained. I honestly cannot really justify my visceral reaction to seeing the two of them together.I see LFS & CH cuddle during bts and it was awwwwww-inducing but when I see JY stroke ZZ's jaw, I lose my mind hahahaha!

• Like 21

Zhouzhou's song rank (trending) according to http://pop.weibo.com/#data_trend

Moonlight - rank 3

Dust - rank 8

Walk Slowly - rank 25

If you are streaming from the site, I believe that would improve the ranking? I handle this sacred duty of keeping ZZ's songs on the chart to fellow Addicts from Asia dan America. Wait for me in eight hours to rejoin our holy mission! ;) 

• Like 13

Ready for a blooper, fellow addicts?

Before this I posted :

1. The hidden easter egg on BLY's shirt : Link
  2. The questionable skirt from the english teacher in class 27 : Link
  3. The weird utensil to eat pasta : Link

Heck, I've actually just posted that in 13 posts above. Waaah! An unlucky number!!! :crazy: But anyway... let me present you this time: "The mysterious ham"

It all happened that day when GH and BLY ate breakfast together at Auntie Zhou's breakfast stall.

BLY has an adorable habit of eating the ham first and the bun later ( based on the novel, thanks @alvinboi. Watching the series, I thought that BLY only ate the ham and not the bun at all )

7Sn5TWq.png

Watch this closely. There's only one ham on the plate.

jKXHmDO.png

GH who noticed this, gave his own ham which he has already BITTEN to BLY. Aaw.. isn't that sweet?

je8LadC.png

He put it on the plate. But wait... the bite on the ham is GONE!!! Look at it! :crazy:

xrNud2v.png

:D:D:D:D:D

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, porcelainwhite said:

GUYS! I have a question! :w00t:

Who are Bai Han Qi & Shen Er? I saw them being mentioned in the book spoiler with the fake engagement party for GH and that girl

BLY's dad and his new wife. Shen Er is not a name though, it means aunty.

• Like 5

Do you guys remember the bed scene where GH's hands was on top of BLY's crotch? (The part where GH managed to "glue" the two beds together) Wasn't BLY supposed to be wearing just a singlet and short underwear the night before!?! How did he end up in shirt and long pants the next morning?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, yaoimazter78 said:

I gotta agree ""that filming all these love scenes or even just the cuddling and kissing scenes would generate a lot of steam...I don't know if they're too much of a professional not to get THAT affected but boy, these boys are in their early 20's so judging by my friends actions during those days a stiff breeze could wind em up...so how could they not feel anything sexual during filming would be a miracle.

Actually it's already been discussed here I think that JY was vocal about how he was swept away by his character and how he needs to cool down first before he can answer questions posted by CJD and the director. A natural reaction when you're climbing your costar like a tree---a very attractive costar at that. 

I also think that they're not experienced enough as actors to suppress their actual emotion and surely there's a spill over in their real lives which we can surely see on the different BTS.

So I guess it's not so far-fetched to think that something might have developed between them may it be physical or emotional or both. I just hope that whatever bond they created will survive the constant separation and the rumor-mongering.

It would be such a waste if sly rumors would prevent them from working together again.These two has an unusual IT factor that cannot be fully explained. I honestly cannot really justify my visceral reaction to seeing the two of them together.I see LFS & CH cuddle during bts and it was awwwwww-inducing but when I see JY stroke ZZ's jaw, I lose my mind hahahaha!

Amen amen to everything you've said. I just have a gut feeling something happened i will not put a finger on it but something... in the clips when JY said he needed to cool down it was really just to regain composure but I know that that regained composure only lasts for a while - when your body or mind gets wind of or 'tastes' something good a memory print is left.

This is JY's first acting experience and ZZ is not a seasoned actor. There is also no escape - they do not go separate ways after filming. They live in the same room during filming. I can only imagine sexual tension just growing during that period because regainIing composure does not let off that steam...

I also agree with you about that IT factor and i hope that this special click that these 2 have will be protected throughout all this drama that  comes with fame. Fans have a certain amount of influence in this department. So let us keep the ship alive everyone !!!

• Like 17

9 hours ago, tea4two said:

Welcome!  I'm so glad you decided to join us.  I think you're onto something there.  This brought us back to the question....Would Addicted cause a different reaction if it wasn't JY and ZZ playing GH and BYL?  I'm going to speculate that 'yes', it would be different.   I believe it would have the same fate is as other series like: Like Love, Counterattack, Love Sick, Alex & Benny....meaning that it will appeal to a 'niche' market, but not mass media.  At this point, we can safely say that Addicted has went beyond niche market and captured the attention of the mass entertainment market.  

So to circle back to the original question of...did the boys owe their fame to Addicted, or is it the other way around?  I would like to propose that it goes both way.  These boys made Addicted what it is today, and if they weren't in the right place at the right time, we would probably not be where we are today (addicted to this forum, stalking their weibo, losing our sleep!).  At the same time, they would not be where they are today if they didn't star in the show.  LIke Mastermeh said above, the acting wasn't the greatest, but yes, it was beautiful.  There is just something mysterious and indefinable in how it was able to grab the viewer's attention and give us those indescribable tingling-sensations.  I'm not sure if chemistry is the right word, but when these two are together, things just click.  It's like when you see two people together who looks like they just belong.  

I've been reading that thread too, it s almost a mirror to ours!  Some very thoughtful discussions and good analysis on there.  Wish we all can speak the same language because I think they can add to our thread and we can to theirs as well.  Many of them are on the same mindset as us....to the point where I wonder if some of them were reading our thread and posting their commentaries on there.  

My own thought is that they make this out of the world story believable. Who does not want an out of the ordinary romance? The success of the show is that they got the intricate balance of an over the top story with believable characters. So what made the characters believable? One smart move in the show is that it took 11 episodes before we saw the first kiss. It is a hard chase which makes it more believable. And who doesn't like to guess "does he", "does he not"? And when we got our wish that they "do", we are hooked.

I actually disagree that their acting is awful. Especially, HJY. He is literally Gu Hai out of the book. He is very natural in the role. Granted that he may be acting himself (since he admitted that Gu Hai is close to his personality), but I find that he emoted raw emotions befitting the role. ZZ can be better in some of the scenes (especially the crying scene during the dad's wedding) but still I think he portrayed the psychological changes in Bai Luo Yin well enough for me to sense a development in their story. The only "unwatchable" episode for me was the one with Gu Yang. That guy really sucks at acting evil and cool.

• Like 16