15 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

I have a feeling that JY in particularly is trying to evaluate if he can build his own, independent, fanbase, if he's enough on his own. It's a risky venture, since he might lose most of his fans, if he's seen to be distancing himself from Addicted and ZZ. But that's what I think it's going on. It's very very sad, because I think they all genuinely loved doing Addicted, would probably love to keep doing it, but the ban just made it all so damn complicated.

I agree fully with all of your opinion, especially this part. This also what make it heart wrenching for me to watch/follow JY, because I can feel that he likes playing GH, he is comfortable being around ZZ, but he has to decide whether to stay related with Addicted and ZZ and work on a niche market or distance himself to get other opportunities. I don't know whether he has made any decision on that. I guess, the Thailand fan meeting is our Litmus test.

Despite my profound sadness if he choose to part ways with Addicted (and ZZ? Well, personally he can still be close to ZZ but, not sure about that!) I can understand his decision. Despite that understanding, I still hope he choose to stick with Addicted and ZZ.

Related or not to JY-ZZ, I read about HL-JG of Brokeback Mountain last night.

Spoiler

From what I gather, JG was considered the "more gay one" because of his character in BM pursued HL's character aggressively (and maybe because his character was the bottom?). He got so many questions on his sexuality.

One thing that I found interesting is, despite being friends before, filming BM put HL and JG even closer, to the point that JG was appointed to be the godfather of HL's daughter. When HL passed away, various accounts stated that JG was deeply saddened and left his filming location right away to go to the funeral. After he got back, he was very solemn and changed man.

I think, to some extent JY-ZZ's relationship mirrors HL-JG. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, nouveaux said:

Welcome to Addicted Annonymous! Anyway, to quickly summarize the entire bend metal incident, in one particular interview, when ZZ was asked if he was straight or bent (gay), ZZ replied that he was as straight as a metal pole.... Can break but cannot bend. This answer created a big splash in the Addicted fandom because we all know that metal poles CAN bend, albeit with a little heat and pressure (something which JY can definitely provide). Fans even started calling ZZ 许馆钢 aka "Metal Pole Xu". Soon after, JY commented on ZZ's weibo by posting a picture of not one, but two bent metal poles spooning each other. The internet goes crazy and starts to speculate the hidden meaning behind JY's cheeky post. In one of the fancam vids, a fan asked JY why he commented on ZZ's with that picture, and he replied that it's because he thought ZZ's answer about metal pole not being able to bend as being very funny. On another note, JY once performed a dance using ZZ as a metal pole before (the one where he attempted to strip ZZ on camera) and the puzzles all come back together! And that's all to the "bent metal saga".

Edit: I feel like a historian on YuZhou. Kinda reminds me of the scene where BLY grilled GH on Chinese history. How many points are there to the bend metal saga? If you don't know the answer, you can change room to sleep with my dad instead!!!

Oh my! Haha. HJY is getting more and more upfront with his action hahaha. 

Thanks for the summary. I'm sure you'd make a fine scribe sailing with us on our bound to outer space ZhouYuZhou ship haha.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, we can still enjoy the (not so distant) past where things like this happened:

giphy.gif

Obviously, these are two guys who love working together, hanging out together. I think it's amazing that they can look (also known as flirting) at each other this long. 

Here's hoping that in the case that Addicted season 2 doesn't happen, these two will still want to work together again. Like someone said before, you don't find chemistry like this often. :)

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I have a feeling that JY in particularly is trying to evaluate if he can build his own, independent, fanbase, if he's enough on his own. It's a risky venture, since he might lose most of his fans, if he's seen to be distancing himself from Addicted and ZZ. But that's what I think it's going on. It's very very sad, because I think they all genuinely loved doing Addicted, would probably love to keep doing it, but the ban just made it all so damn complicated.

12 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

I agree fully with all of your opinion, especially this part. This also what make it heart wrenching for me to watch/follow JY, because I can feel that he likes playing GH, he is comfortable being around ZZ, but he has to decide whether to stay related with Addicted and ZZ and work on a niche market or distance himself to get other opportunities. I don't know whether he has made any decision on that. I guess, the Thailand fan meeting is our Litmus test.

Despite my profound sadness if he choose to part ways with Addicted (and ZZ? Well, personally he can still be close to ZZ but, not sure about that!) I can understand his decision. Despite that understanding, I still hope he choose to stick with Addicted and ZZ.

You know what there's 2 type of fans in this kind of fandom..that want their idol to be straight but still enjoy them playing gay character and want their idol to be gay for each other. Almost all fandom have this kind of fans that follow them around. What I see if JY didn't participate in Addicted 2 then, he will go to fans no. 1. We us, fandom that in no. 2, will surely distance from him a bit and somehow half of us will go seperate way either liking him or stop liking him. But then thinking about it, and I fully understand what kind of image they will be after this, JY will not lost so many fans. Because he's still got the fans that still like him because of the reason i listed above and the new fans will join up later. That is not a risked action from his part. I know a lot of Korean actor that begin with joined a gay film but continue to be popular playing straight guy in a drama. It is possible. And we us as fans, surely will divide into two. The one that believe the main actor have a feeling for each other or some affection always have this kind of image that we wanted them to be gay, and left because we choose not to see the true! Well well well :phew:

What I hope is, if JY really want to push his 'straight image' ahead and not joining Addicted then I hope his manager will play safe. Us, as a fans have a right not to be hurt over any kind of statement. Same goes with ZZ. I love them both and hope the best for them. 

• Like 13

58 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

Personally, I think there's so much drama in the world of Addicted and its boys for a few reasons.

1. The love affair with the show came about very quickly (to think it's just two months since anyone had even seen an episode!), building at explosive speed.

2. This means the love was very, very intense too. I think one part was just because the boys are so cute/handsome/sexy and one part because of the story of GH & BLY (and for most, the two things together). The producers claim that right before the ban Addicted had around 10 million views! Which for any series is a lot of people, but particularly for what should really be a pretty niche subject matter. 

3. Then the ban happened. For people in China, it meant this intense love had nowhere to go anymore. And since everyone still loved the guys, these emotions were poured into being fans of them. And media obviously have taken advantage of this strange situation and they seem to be everywhere, all the time. Without the ban, there probably would have been lots of intense fans anyway, but I just think the ban has elevated everything into new levels.

Indeed. I believe there is another phenomenon going on. I was one of those who were ambivalent until the ban came. Then, I binge watch the series. I think it's call the forbidden fruit syndrome :) 

I wonder how many belong to this group?

I also find that I want to show my support for them so that they can remain safe after the ban. Was afraid for a while that they might be punished in some way.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

I have a feeling that JY in particularly is trying to evaluate if he can build his own, independent, fanbase, if he's enough on his own. It's a risky venture, since he might lose most of his fans, if he's seen to be distancing himself from Addicted and ZZ. But that's what I think it's going on.

It's very very sad, because I think they all genuinely loved doing Addicted and would probably love to keep doing it, but the ban just made it all so damn complicated. That doesn't change the fact that JY and ZZ are very, very fond of each other (no matter to what extent), it just means it's not easy.

Shipping aside, i'm really fond of their relationship. it can be friendship, partner-in-crime relationship or it can be love, i really don't care. What I do care is how grounded their relationship is, the chemistry is blossoming whenever they do interview together. Their body language is always at ease when they sit close to each other, there is no awkward tension. It's sad to see that they have to create distance between themselves to secure their future careers.

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, estreline said:

aww yess thats really zhouzhou right?? :heart:

so jy really likes to quietly follow zz's activities!

good husband:flushed:

Again, on the Chinese forum there are so many speculations... some say that he is actually watching his own interview. But someone made this picture, and it is pretty convincing to me that it is ZZ indeed. (at least it is definitely a blue top)

2d6b6f728bd4b31c8df2fb0d80d6277f9c2ff8c5

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, estreline said:

aww yess thats really zhouzhou right?? :heart:

so jy really likes to quietly follow zz's activities!

good husband:flushed:

Oh hey, you're here! *waves* Thank you so much for supplying us with daily doses. I've been stalking your instagram since a long time. :D

We know that JY actually LOVES to stalk ZZ. :P He watched ZZ's interview to know about the metal pole and he also watched ZZ's fancam in Korea to then tease him being a pig. And now this.... My oh my... if that isn't the sign of LOVE!! :heart: They're only separated physically but it proved that mentally they're always thinking about each other since they're always monitoring and watching each other. :wub:

• Like 14

2 hours ago, ayasdai said:

Again, on the Chinese forum there are so many speculations... some say that he is actually watching his own interview. But someone made this picture, and it is pretty convincing to me that it is ZZ indeed. (at least it is a definitely a blue top)

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, VIDEOS!

omgg pls i hope its zhouzhou because this MADE ME SOO HAPPY ;w;

my yuzhou heart is so empty lately ;w;

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, xix19xix said:

Indeed. I believe there is another phenomenon going on. I was one of those who were ambivalent until the ban came. Then, I binge watch the series. I think it's call the forbidden fruit syndrome :) 

I wonder how many belong to this group?

I also find that I want to show my support for them so that they can remain safe after the ban. Was afraid for a while that they might be punished in some way.

Without the ban, I'm not sure I would have known about Addicted at all! So yeah, there's definitely that. And yes, I want the support the series and the guys so, so much! Regardless of sexual orientation, participating in Addicted, shows an open-mindedness which you can't take for granted anywhere really, but particularly not in China right now. So much love to them for that. Even more love to them for doing it with so much gusto (so much that we're convinced they've fallen in love for real!).

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, liesl said:

Oh hey, you're here! *waves* Thank you so much for supplying us with daily doses. I've been stalking your instagram since a long time. :D

We know that JY actually LOVES to stalk ZZ. :P He watched ZZ's interview to know about the metal pole and he also watched ZZ's fancam in Korea to then tease him being a pig. And now this.... My oh my... if that isn't the sign of LOVE!! :heart:

:grimace:

lol yes im kinda new here :P

thank you so much for following my ig too!!  ^^

well yes he always shows signs that he likes zhouzhou (i wont say love bcs well even if i hope so but im not sure >w<), BUT it makes me crazy bcs he just do it like... on weibo.

like the metal pole, he even searched until several pages!

also he commented on not only one, but two of zhou's songs!!

and now this... well cant see clearly but (i hope) its zhou's interview right? :P

thats love i know :flushed:

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, estreline said:

omgg pls i hope its zhouzhou because this MADE ME SOO HAPPY ;w;

my yuzhou heart is so empty lately ;w;

What I can't decide the pattern on or before the top is the mic's plate or the pattern of ZZ's top? Because if it's the mic's plate, then it is not ZZ :( his mic was a simple one. 

• Like 1

Hey, you guys! I just watched the subbed full video of their NetEase interview (1hr++ duration), but there was no pole dancing and that chair game on cut vids on youtube. is there a second video for that? can someone link it here? please ^.w.^

anyway, JY and ZZ really are synchronized. I mean the way their minds work as what they said in one of the interviews. in the NetEase interview they were laughing hard at something only the two of them understood. and based on that, I can say that these would really make good companions for each other. regardless if their relationship is something intimate or not. I'm really glad they met each other.

p.s. please answer my question above. pleeaaase. thanks! :blush:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, abbraccio91 said:

I'm loving that pic! Thank you very much @liesl and @estreline :) (Where the pic is taken? Airport?) I also hope and think it's ZhouZhou. :D

yes on this airport today i think ^^

1 minute ago, ayasdai said:

What I can't decide the pattern on or before the top is the mic's plate or the pattern of ZZ's tops? Because it that's the mic's plate, then it is not ZZ :( his mic was a simple one. 

i think thats the top's pattern? lol or idk if its because i only want to think thats zz's interview :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, zhouboy said:

Hey, you guys! I just watched the subbed full video of their NetEase interview (1hr++ duration), but there was no pole dancing and that chair game on cut vids on youtube. is there a second video for that? can someone link it here? please ^.w.^

anyway, JY and ZZ really are synchronized. I mean the way their minds work as what they said in one of the interviews. in the NetEase interview they were laughing hard at something only the two of them understood. and based on that, I can say that these would really make good companions for each other. regardless if their relationship is something intimate or not. I'm really glad they met each other.

p.s. please answer my question above. pleeaaase. thanks! :blush:

Yes, there is a 2nd video for that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqUR5Pf0NY

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, estreline said:

lol yes im kinda new here :P

thank you so much for following my ig too!!  ^^

well yes he always shows signs that he likes zhouzhou (i wont say love bcs well even if i hope so but im not sure >w<), BUT it makes me crazy bcs he just do it like... on weibo.

like the metal pole, he even searched until several pages!

also he commented on not only one, but two of zhou's songs!!

and now this... well cant see clearly but (i hope) its zhou's interview right? :P

thats love i know :flushed:

Hey! Love, love your instagram! :)

I think it's impossible to know for sure what he's watching, but for me the possibility that he takes any opportunity to watch ZZ is good enough for me. Besides, you've proven several times they're online at the same time too. It's definitely love! 

• Like 3