[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

3 hours ago, jbying7 said:

Hi BFFS (and new BFFs!)...I been quiet for a while and life took over...

I did resume some catch up when Megan did that week-long series of ShowBiz teasers...and caught the last episode of RTW with River (Heartbreaking to watch but always admired his determination. In fact it wasn't surprising that he persevered 'til the end, he had always displayed this part of his personality; that gung-ho boy-man-child side of him which we all love :wub:)

Perhaps it was timely that I have been dealing with my friends' marriage/relationship problems this period of time and RM/Bromance has always been my escape from reality...with this quiet period from River (2 months now?) and Megan's activities since Bromance ended and with her latest Weibo post...I got a little reflective...

Here are my thoughts:

We love them to be together so much and many, many fans can attest to that but reality is...how can they sustain their relationship? Of course the daily interactions and proximity during Bromance was great(!) and now that it has wrapped up for a few months now, they had taken different projects and different turns in their careers -Megan (Musical, openings, endorsements and upcoming promotion activities for her movie) & River (RTW, Period drama that he had to pull out of, injury, surgery, recovery). When I paused realistically, I wondered how can they sustain or maintain this relationship (if they are indeed dating!)? I am thankful that River is back in TW, so of course the proximity helps.

But I also wonder where their careers will take them? They are both in their 30s, they can't exactly do too many idol dramas anymore but they are talented individuals with diverse interests (especially Megan) so they may be able to stretch their longevity as artistes...

River's popularity is still in question after this injury and if his agency is engaging lawyers to deal with the China TV station, it is bad press for an artiste (well in China at least?)...

So positively, the Bromance drama has been good for both - popularity, rediscovering each other (we hope!), more opportunities in Taiwan (for River especially!), etc, etc.

Downside is, for River to go under the radar for so long (may be on the advice of his agency or lawyers to downplay his role that the TV station can take responsibility) but what's next? Back to China? Or stay in Taiwan? Much to ponder about his future and if they are indeed together, it will impact their next step...

So...with regards to Megan's post, she is an intelligent actress, always cryptic and philosophical in her sharing...ok I will not share my downside thoughts or BFFs will scream murder :sweatingbullets: but my hope is always, maybe she hit a lull or tired out from all the paparazzi pursuits of her status with River and she just wants to be strong and continue to thrive as an artiste, maybe she didn't aced an audition (She's stil an actress vying for future dramas yes?)....OR she's being empathetic towards River, showing her love and sending a shout out to him via social media ;)

Last thought, I feel that the real test for both will be when she starts her movie promotion (later part of the year) or when River finally surfaces from his silence or resume his acting or artiste engagements in China, whether there is still any hints of connection OR if RM rumors are still going as strong as ever (we hope!!!) in the later part of the year, then they are surviving their courtship. Until then, this is a critical period in their "relationship" where their careers and circumstances can end whatever feelings that were nurtured from/during Bromance. 

There I said it. Please don't stone me. I love and miss RM very much. They remained a beloved TW CP in my eyes. Their chemistry unrivaled, their acting with each other made Bromance looked like it was a drama tailor-made for them. No pairing can come near this intensity and shipping for a long, long, long time...

Have a good Monday and a fabulous week ahead BFFs :wub:

River's absence can lead to speculations some fans make easily. But despite I am not religious person, they say "Faith manages" from TV show. Megan and River are older now and strong enough to withstand whatever things throw at them. Have a vast patience and wait.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's wait patiently for what happened to them, if it is not in a relationship, it's okay, because as fans have the expectation is free for them, but as fans, we have to respect their privacy as well, we better hope they can both be in the project together again, it already makes me very happy

I have to admit - when I saw Megan's post last night, my heart sank. The first thing that I thought of was whether the post had something to do with River, but I immediately stopped these thoughts because they are unfair to both her and River. I don't want to make assumptions about something I don't 100% know about after all. I have however seen the last few interviews Megan did, and she didn't look upset whenever River was brought up. (This includes the time when the little girl asked her about River.) I don't know - I guess I'm more inclined to think that maybe this post isn't about River after all. Maybe there's something else going on.

As a fan, I am saddened because I see my favorite sad, and there's nothing I can do about it. Nonetheless, reading the last few lines where she says that she'll soldier on and live on warms my heart. Megan is strong indeed.

Regarding River - I agree that the injury couldn't have come at a more inopportune time. I do think that once he gets better in maybe 2-3 months (at least well enough to do interviews and make appearances), he will be able to capitalize on the fame that Bromance brought. I really, really hope that he'll do more projects in Taiwan, and I know that a lot feel the same way.

And at the end of the day, I just want to support both River and Megan through their careers. Hopefully they will have to chance to collaborate again, but if not, as long as they are happy with their new roles, I will be too.

Howdy BFFs? Let me put my two cents in to Megan's latest weibo post. 

Megan is shrewd. She is also a good writer and highly intelligent. Several meanings can be drawn out from her statement especially the last part which says,  let us "go to court".

"Go to court" can be interpreted literally as filing a case, litigation or trial in a court of law.

A friend shared with me that the word "court" which Megan used is an archaic Chinese term used in ancient times when the emperor would call upon all the ministers for a palace meeting. It may be likened to an assembly. If interpreted in this context, it can mean an invitation to discuss, to decide, to settle something. 

There is actually another "court" that comes to mind when I remember Bromance, wherein in order lift the spirit of Zifeng, Yanou invited him to the "court" to play basketball and let off some steam.

Megan's post seem to me more of a soliloquy, maybe her girl form is talking to her boy form. She said she is trying hard to live (which applies to all). She feels that she is compromising her feminine appearance (loss) which she values so much but in return, her fame has skyrocketed (gain). After much thought, maybe she has realized that whether in her girl or boy form, she is Megan all the same, no more, no less. So it does not really matter, which side she will show although binding her chest for her boy form had caused her to be depressed for a short period of time. But having weighed the pros and cons, she has now come to terms with herself and is ready to  make a rebound. Maybe, when she will later have another bout of gender-switching crisis, the hanging issue of whether her art would be worth sacrificing her femininity, then girl and boy will have to discuss this matter again and resolve which will make Megan happy.

I presume that maybe after Bromance, she keeps receiving offers to dress and act as a guy. She most likely wants to return to being a girl again but the public demand is more for the boy Megan. It is a bit frustrating for her personally but the opportunity is quite tempting and reasonable when taken in an artist's point of view. With her age, roles that are being offered are gearing towards more mature or older characters. That's few and selected. Boy Megan is a trend. When the hype will mellow down, she can return to her normal self. It's an inner battle. If I were in her shoes, I will also feel frustrated and confused.

We have to consider Megan's pathos. This girl likes being sad (that is what she wrote in her song). It's my first time to know someone who likes being sad. So I told myself, this girl is quite unique. Although she may appear like she cares about what others think, maybe it's on the level that because she doesn't want people around her to be affected because of her actions, but deep down inside, she does not really care. A very independent girl.

I read before that Megan said that at work she is like the sun, all bright and happy, but at home, when she is alone, she is like the moon, sullen and morose. On the other hand, our chief captain said that she is very, very adorable. I take that to mean that whether happy or sad, Megan is very, very adorable. 

Is Megan talking about River in her weibo post? Most think that she is. But the Megan that I know won't be that tactless or irresponsible to post any public statement to encourage River to go to court. To date, River's side have been silent about this matter most likely upon his lawyer's advise. It is more prudent to keep mum about a legal issue when you are planning to file a case and when the case is pending in court as the statements you make maybe used against you. 

I am still on cloud nine with showbiz' last interview with Megan. Girl matter-of-factly admitted that she is concerned of her man and that they are communicating. Her happy expression was genuine. 

A shipper's heart is quite fragile but this shipper here had already resolved long ago that I will just be enjoying this ship. I will choose to believe what my heart says and my heart is all for their happiness. So I will only think of happy thoughts about them.

On last note, the picture of the bright sun peeping out of the clouds should be looked upon positively.

Every cloud has a silver lining. :):):) Hope springs eternal. :heart: 

13 hours ago, darklady7 said:

River's absence can lead to speculations some fans make easily. But despite I am not religious person, they say "Faith manages" from TV show. Megan and River are older now and strong enough to withstand whatever things throw at them. Have a vast patience and wait.

Eu estou na torcida pra tudo dar certo. quero muito que eles fiquem juntos, eles são muito fofos.Vamos ficar na torcida galera.

On 18/07/2016 at 1:53 AM, Sheila Marie Green said:

Hello kiara123  ....It's nice to read your post and welcome to our thread.....but I hope we could understand your language:blush:.....i think your speaking your spanish language??!!! The words I know is MUY BIEN!:grin:

Ola Sheila Marie Verde..... eu sou do Brasil lingua portuguesa  tambem não entendo sua lingua mais vamos nos comunicando pelas traduções. O importante é estarmos juntos na comunidade.

Huehuehueee-- i am sneaking some time again off my break at work when i saw this!!! Yessssss definitely a must - you have to watch this superb drama! Thank you for a good review, korean magazine. 

This made me happier today :)

2 hours ago, kiara123 said:

Ola Sheila Marie Verde..... eu sou do Brasil lingua portuguesa  tambem não entendo sua lingua mais vamos nos comunicando pelas traduções. O importante é estarmos juntos na comunidade.

OLA kiara123  ....

Eu entendu..falo um pouco de portuguese..eh so perguntei ao meu amigo para me ajudar a taduzir..bem vindo ao forum.:blush:

@jbying7 @lygill  @junerain7 Thank you girls for your thoughts and comments. It's really wonderful that we are still keeping this thread alive and our ongoing support and love for RM is like :wub: Like you girls ,I too will be here patiently waiting with our new and older BFFs :P 

also thank you so much junerain for posting the Mint vid. I was looking for a non-weiibo version to share here but with no luck, and now you have it here. It's like you read my mind :) (and thank you to my dear sister too who originally shared the video with me!!)

Heres the rough translation (vid credit to uploader and MINT)

Q: You present with both a girl and male outfits for the photoshoot today. How do you feel?

A: I feel that the styles in the photoshoot are very similar to my inner-self. I feel that in my body lives both a boy and a girl. So very naturally, when I have to film as a girl my inner girly surfaces and when I film as a boy the more masculine side of me comes out. Actually, I really enjoy the conversion that occurs each time I film a different role, especially this one where I went from a boy into a girl and then girl back into a boy because I feel that this is my strength. I feel that when I am a boy I can be very boy-ish and then when I am a girl, I can be very girly. So if there are any opportunities where I can act and change gender roles, it feels very fresh to me. It’s very fun, and I’m very willing to participate in it.

Q: What is your typical daily attire?

A: My everyday attire is more neutral because I really like to wear pants. To me, dressing more neutral allows me to easily execute my daily activities or while at work. My normal attire tends to be more loose and natural. I often get throat infections due to allergies, I wear a face mask as a result. Also, because my face is quite small in size, so when I wear a mask two-thirds of my face is already covered, so maybe some of you my think this is my greatest change in outfits? (jokes)

Q: Do you know that you’ve been given a nickname a guy’s “public enemy” because your gender-neutral image is very popular?

A: Actually all along I was hoping that I don’t’ become a guys’ “enemy” because I am still a girl. But, I do feel very happy because as a girl I can still be loved by many girls (fans), this opportunity is quite rare and precious to me. Also, since I am a girl living in this life but I can still try my best to act a role of a boy, I consider it quite worthy and not a waste. So my upcoming “homework” in life should be on how to make guys like me more.

Reporter: Megan Lai, she is a girl and can also be a boy. In these past 2 years her neutral image has caused her to rise in popularity, fans have considered her as a emperor and want to enter her royal palace, and has thus created a “Megan Lai kingdom” Even Megan herself is joking she wants be loved by guys, that they should be a girl’s most beloved, and not be seen as their enemy. Her upcoming homework is to “find out how to make guys love me more”. Hoping that Mr. Right will soon appear.  

I think I've finally figured out what Megan is trying to say in her post! With thanks to everyone - mostly @junerain7's explanation and @amyam01220's translation of Megan's recent MINT invterview - I've been able to put things together.

@junerain7 is correct - Megan is talking about her male and female personas, and how everything has been frustrating to her. She values her femininity, but it is her male form that sells and is wildly popular. While she has 'gained' a lot (fame, etc.), she also feels like she has 'lost' her femininity. This must be why she was so depressed, as she has mentioned in her post. Nonetheless, at the end of it all, she comes to the conclusion that she is BOTH her personas, and her heart is what is most important. The last line 'let's go to court' has been incredibly difficult to decipher, especially with her using a word that was used during the olden days. After reading @amyam01220's translation - everything made sense. I remembered that fans call Megan 'Emperor Nuo' because of how good she was with her male role, and emperors of course often go to court. So basically I believe that Megan is saying that she has accepted her male persona. The last two lines of her post, I believe, mean "If there is a chance, then I would like to be (emperor Nuo - male role) again."

I also found Jessica's translation on weibo (http://weibo.com/etlovejo) , and her translation is similar. "I keep living my life with efforts everyday, experiencing every moment of losing/getting. I found all the things never change at last, what has left or stayed is nothing but your heart. Your heart has been down for a while, I believe that I am reborn again! If it is possible, let me be Queen Nuo (Ya Nuo) again." (Jessica said that she added Queen because she considers Ya Nuo a girl.)

Ahhhh so rather a long post but what do you guys think? :)

@jbying7, @amyam01220, @lygill, @darklady7 giving away hugs to you and all BFFs. Let us just continue to support RM. We all love this couple that's why we are in this ship. 

@amyam01220 thanks for translating the vid. You were quick.

@lygill I'm with you girl. I am happy that many of us have shared our thoughts on this matter. It helps to discuss with other BFFs and to know that we share the same views. This forum is daebak!

@Sheila Marie Green among the pics u posted, I really like Megan with the cherry blossoms background. She's very charming in that picture. On the last photo collage, I can't help laughing. Fans really have eagle eyes. The picture on the left bottom portion is when they entered room 1314 right? RM had surpassed the boundary of onscreen physical contact for idol dramas. Goes to show that they are super comfortable with each other. 

Archived