Quantcast
Jump to content

[Current Mainland Chinese Movie 2017] Once Upon A Time 三生三世,十里桃花


sugarplum892

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mooninpisces said:

Looks like Zhe Yan has a much more active role in this movie version!

 

And without Bai Zhen.

My guess Zhe Yan will act more like a godmother role to Bai Qian...haha...maybe taking over brothers, or even parents' roles....when taking care and fussing over her.

One char intact will seem to be Su Jin. And i wonder how they will fit in Xuan Nv without Li Jing....from the look in the trailer (only shown her in some black tribal costume, no alternative costume)....maybe....i mean just a guess....Xuan Nv is just an strong fighter from the Ghost Tribe. 

Ya...from the Qing Cang's clip....seems like they use back the original name "Gui"....meaning Ghost for their tribe.....they mention Gui Jun or Ghost Lord.

For the TV version.....they use "Yi" or Wing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 7:49 PM, Cedric Ong said:

And i wonder how they will fit in Xuan Nv without Li Jing....from the look in the trailer (only shown her in some black tribal costume, no alternative costume)....maybe....i mean just a guess....Xuan Nv is just an strong fighter from the Ghost Tribe. 

Maybe they've changed it so that Xuan Nv is actually the Ghost Tribe Queen (?) Without Li Jing, they would have to change her entire background story (in order for it to fit the plot). Which is probably why they chose to give her such a different & extravagant look. Because she's no longer the jealous fox girl from Qing Qiu, instead, she is the evil Ghost Tribe Queen who is helping her husband (Qing Cang) lead a rebellion against the Heaven Tribe. IDK just a random guess.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, girl_group_lover said:

OMG CHECK OUT THE NEW TRAILER

 

OMG is right! That opening nuzzling scene, oh my...

I chuckled to see an actual time of 14:00 indicated at the end alongside the release date. I guess this movie is really highly anticipated by fans in China.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, girl_group_lover said:

Maybe they've changed it so that Xuan Nv is actually the Ghost Tribe Queen (?) Without Li Jing, they would have to change her entire background story (in order for it to fit the plot). Which is probably why they chose to give her such a different & extravagant look. Because she's no longer the jealous fox girl from Qing Qiu, instead, she is the evil Ghost Tribe Queen who is helping her husband lead a rebellion against the Heaven Tribe. IDK just a random guess.

 

I think your guess is bang on. It would definitely fit with what we've been seeing in the trailers.

I can still hope that this movie will be released in my country too. Seeing it on the big screen in IMAX would be a thrill. Such beautiful effects and visuals!

Link to post
Share on other sites

from the advanced ticket locations here in Southern California, so far it's just Real 3D at the AMC theaters. Waiting to see if they'll be offering reserved seating as the Aug 11th date draws closer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mooninpisces said:

OMG is right! That opening nuzzling scene, oh my...

I chuckled to see an actual time of 14:00 indicated at the end alongside the release date. I guess this movie is really highly anticipated by fans in China.

To say that is a "nuzzling" scene is an understatement. We all know that was a sex scene ok? Just admit it lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2017 at 1:00 AM, mooninpisces said:

 

Don't lose hope yet! I just found out yesterday that it will be shown in my Canadian city! :D :heart:

 

Nope, I looked up all my local cinemas,even the one that normally shows foreign films and none of them list this movie. I guess coz Australia is not exactly a lucrative market for foreign films.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For ref. Release dates from different sources :

From wiki.

"The film is scheduled for release in China (August 3), Vietnam (August 4), Australia (August 4), North America (August 11), Malaysia (August 17), Singapore (August 24), Germany, Thailand, South Korea (in September) and Japan."

Well Go bought the rights in US and Canada. List of theatres :

http://wellgousa.com/theatrical/once-upon-a-time

For Australia...though wiki said got...but a brief google search shows up nothing. Only came across Brotherhood of Blades 2, Wu Kong (monkey king) etc. Maybe some delay...hopefully later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

For ref. Release dates from different sources :

From wiki.

"The film is scheduled for release in China (August 3), Vietnam (August 4), Australia (August 4), North America (August 11), Malaysia (August 17), Singapore (August 24), Germany, Thailand, South Korea (in September) and Japan."

Well Go bought the rights in US and Canada. List of theatres :

http://wellgousa.com/theatrical/once-upon-a-time

For Australia...though wiki said got...but a brief google search shows up nothing. Only came across Brotherhood of Blades 2, Wu Kong (monkey king) etc. Maybe some delay...hopefully later.

I was going to say...if Australia had it in cinemas I know where I'm going this weekend xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Came across this clip which look similar to another one posted by someone b4...but this seems like the fall from the cliff is more continous (but still sense some cuts).

Spoiler

The hummingbirds...haha...partly sound abit like mechanical drones to me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest charliew

Hi everyone...

I just found out that the movie will release in US on the 11th. Does anyone have the link or info about which cinema will play the movie?

Ooppss. i found it on page 3 :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Movie 2017] Once Upon A Time 三生三世,十里桃花

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...