Quantcast
Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Movie 2017] Once Upon A Time 三生三世,十里桃花

Recommended Posts

Came across this clip which look similar to another one posted by someone b4...but this seems like the fall from the cliff is more continous (but still sense some cuts).

Spoiler

The hummingbirds...haha...partly sound abit like mechanical drones to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest charliew

Hi everyone...

I just found out that the movie will release in US on the 11th. Does anyone have the link or info about which cinema will play the movie?

Ooppss. i found it on page 3 :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bai Qian's wish for three lifetimes of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms doesn't make sense. Does she want to spend eternity in the Peach Forest or something? Could someone please explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Bai Qian's wish for three lifetimes of Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms doesn't make sense. Does she want to spend eternity in the Peach Forest or something? Could someone please explain?

You shouldn't quote me on this but it's basically a more poetic and metaphoric way of saying "I want to be with you for eternity". I'm pretty sure there's a more literary explanation for this, but I for sure don't know it lol. My Chinese literature level isn't very impressive lol. But it's supposed to be one of those things where they sneak the title into the work itself for it to be an "ah ha" moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, girl_group_lover said:

You shouldn't quote me on this but it's basically a more poetic and metaphoric way of saying "I want to be with you for eternity". I'm pretty sure there's a more literary explanation for this, but I for sure don't know it lol. My Chinese literature level isn't very impressive lol. But it's supposed to be one of those things where they sneak the title into the work itself for it to be an "ah ha" moment.

 

Thanks for the explanation because when she said her wish, Bai Qian didn't love Ye Hua. He was just some much younger guy her parents engaged her to that's been hanging around her house and cooking for her for a couple of months. It would have made much more sense if she said it at the end where he is resurrected though. But then again, they could have fallen in love much faster in this version compared to the drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

 

Thanks for the explanation because when she said her wish, Bai Qian didn't love Ye Hua. He was just some much younger guy her parents engaged her to that's been hanging around her house and cooking for her for a couple of months. It would have made much more sense if she said it at the end where he is resurrected though. But then again, they could have fallen in love much faster in this version compared to the drama.

I feel like it's possible that the scene where she says that is in fact the very end of the movie (like the last scene or something). Or else, like you said, it wouldn't make a lot of sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New OST for Once Upon A Time: 十里桃花 (Ten Miles Of Peach Blossoms) by 张靓颖 (Zhang Liang Ying)

The music video features sand drawings of the characters and it's amazing! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mooninpisces said:

Anyone have any news about the movie's opening day turnout in China?

Some like it, some don't... The movie has fast pace, you have to tell a story within 109 minutes,  so they leave only one life to be emphasised and changed some stories... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't comment too much....can only say the reviews aren't as good as expected. It would still sell very very well....for the actors got so much fans, the movie got high expectations in the 1st place...and due to the companies behind the movie.

One thing i guess i can reveal....a major change in the storyline....

Spoiler

Think they combine MoYan and YeHua as one....rather than totally 2 different persons/souls (as in the novel and tv version).

I haven't watch....only got some hints from china reviews. It's like when one "died", he's reborn into another being....when that being later "died", the soul would go back to the 1st one and wake up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I won't comment too much....can only say the reviews aren't as good as expected. It would still sell very very well....for the actors got so much fans, the movie got high expectations in the 1st place...and due to the companies behind the movie.

One thing i guess i can reveal....a major change in the storyline....

  Hide contents

Think they combine MoYan and YeHua as one....rather than totally 2 different persons/souls (as in the novel and tv version).

I haven't watch....only got some hints from china reviews. It's like when one "died", he's reborn into another being....when that being later "died", the soul would go back to the 1st one and wake up.

 

Yay if it is true. Felt bad for MoYan in the drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 5:07 PM, mooninpisces said:

Looks like Zhe Yan has a much more active role in this movie version!

 

Because movie is only 109 minutes, it is only focused on BaiQian and YeHua, you cannot let everyone one in the book or drama appears in the movie, right? So far, all the comments of this movie makes me more eager to expect the movie .

First half of the movie will make you laugh, the second half will make you cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@frostflower14 

I can't get over Xuan Nv and Zhe Yan's styling tbh. I look forward to the movie but Xuan Nv looks like the evil queen from Snow White (except she's showing more skin) while Zhe Yan looks like a parrot lol I see no difference:

Related image

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hesitate to reveal too much since the movie isn't shown in many countries yet.

Ok...some parts viewers not so like. Warning spoilers. 

Spoiler

Wedding dress and headdress. Think some costume and set design (if not all)....they fail to balance the china fantasy theme (traditional) and grand/extraordinary feel (of a movie compared to a smaller tv drama style)....in the end, some stuff feel neither eastern or western culture...awkward.

31e1000212132e256420

Exaggerated cooking show? Noodle making. Think just only from this scene....my impression/guess is this version of YeHua is different from the TV drama's one. 

31e1000203754627c88b

 

This one not necessary dislike. But Mi Gu, the tree spirit is animated char here instead of actor. Viewers do find it cute.31e300009b8f5c2fca54

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...