[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ferily said:

Gahh, I didn't watch Heirs with Park Hyung Sik but omg in High Society that drama was amazing <3 He did such a good job acting there and I shipped him with the girl so hard haha. Honestly, Park Hyung Sik has developed his acting skills SOO much and he's a really good actor now :wub:  I would say he is one of the best actors out of idols. (Of course there are other idols that are good actors though :D )

I didn't watch both dramas but I heard ALOT about him and his co-star in that drama winning people's hearts and attention even more than the main couple (though I love the main actor Sung Joon and the drama was in my to watch list for him but now it's for both of them!! hihihi) so I checked on it and I got what they were talking about!! and he's one of the few idol actors who won that much praising for his acting talent!! and he's doing a great job as Sam Mak Jong here!! and I'm happy that he'll have a leading role in this upcoming year and I'm planning in watching him in there too!! :wub: 

cr:  omokdramas

I'm happy he decided that he won't remain weak even if it's not a sin, like Ah Ro comforted him unkwingly to her!! 

19 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i wonder if neone has first lead syndrome..lol..evryone seems to hv second lead syndrome only...

screw logic...kidnap d grl n run away cp

weirdly enuf i cant ship psj wid neone other than ji sung character yoo in ha.. that was innocent love

I  don't have first or second lead syndrome. I like both leads and I like Aro's interaction with the both of them. I didn't watch Kill Me, Heal Me so I don't have that problem

22 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i wonder if neone has first lead syndrome..lol..evryone seems to hv second lead syndrome only...

screw logic...kidnap d grl n run away cp

weirdly enuf i cant ship psj wid neone other than ji sung character yoo in ha.. that was innocent love

I have 1st lead syndrome chingu!! :wub:;) 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't remind me chingu!! :lol: thy even won best couple when the main couple was also nominated!! :lol:

23 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I think that too, but why watch an episode of something that you not planning on watching? I'm watching Romantic Doctor and it is really good but who knows? I hope they can at least show a higher percentage that last weeks 7%

@enigmatic_zephy LOLOLOLOL They were hilarious.

I think that they are watching it but in its rerun!! 

I used to watch a small part of a drama or movie that I won't be abel to finish if I found it intresting enough to give it the time I have left before leaving to my studies!! :sweatingbullets: I hope so chingu!! 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he's breakdown is hillarious!! :lol: 

guess who'll come to his rescue?!! he just need to make sure to put a big bet when Moo Myung will join his soccar team!! :lol: 

4 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

Is anyone else shocked/surprised by Hwarang getting 13% in the ratings? I was thinking it was going to get low ratings due to the SBS Entertainment Awards. 

I forgot that!! but would people chose an award ceremoney over a drama?!! I really don't know how they think!! 

cr:  omokdramas

I was startled too when I saw him behind her!! :o hhhhhhh

I love how he was yelling ( :wub: ) only to find out she's Mak Moon's daughter!! and how he was with the upper hand to end up running for his life from her!! and how her father saw them!! :lol: 

cr:  omokdramas

OMG, WHY DO THE BOYS STILL NOT HWARANGS?!

we only have 20 episodes for god's sake!! 

and our rating probably went up because other dramas didn't air. so they have only Hwarang to watch. i actually think that's pretty low rating compared to other dramas not airing at all except Hwarang.

anyway, the episode was fun, but still i felt the story is soooooooooooo slow. i was wondering when the boys will all meet and become hwarang. i thought they would meet today because of these letters trick by WiHwa Kong, but... the episode ended before it happened. :unamused:

i freaking hate it when the drama puts scenes in next episode teaser, then not show them in next episode!! :angry:

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

don't read it if you still didn't watch the episode and don't want to be spoiled!! :D

I really feel confused myself!! :lol: my idea is that Moo Myung is her son but not from Abeoji!! when Abeoji told her that Moo Myung is her son she didn't act in any way affcted like a mother would do, weither she liked the child or not, she should have had a different reaction that what she did!! and don't ask me who's his father because I can't tell myself!! :sweatingbullets: and today's episode made me think that Moo Myung can be the one who was supposed to be a king but Sam Maek Jong became the crown prince in his stead!! Sam Maek Jong lost his bracelett and Moo Myung wore it and we knew that that bracelett meant that it's owner is the king!! ah I fel like losing my mind!! :crazy:

yes me too!! :D

yes I think so too!! the way Moo Myung wore the bracelett was like a hint that he's the rightful king not Sam Maek Jong as he's the elder!! 

tears will come from everywhere apparently!! :blink:

hhhhhhhhhh you'll have a more peiceful mind chingu!! my mind is spinning from all the theories!! I want to know who's Moo Myung's family that badly!! 

Holy I'm mindblown now. So Moo myung wears Maek Jong's bracelet???? Ohmy.. Is this some symbolism and foreshadowing?!!?! Um holy then maybe Moo Myung will be the rightful owner of the throne.....

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

No chingu I got carried away w/the thought Moo Myung could be the Queens son w/An Ji Gong. I do agree w/you that Park Hyung Sik is one of the better young actors. I forget that he is an idol. 

Wow this is great a lot of people must have been curious about this drama. I hope they will tune in tomorrow. I'm very curious about Tuesday's ratings. I have to go back to work:crazy:. The good thing other than it pay's the bills is the subs should be up by the time I get home. The bad thing is most of you will be asleep but I'm looking forward to doing a lot of backreading.

Moo Myung and Maek Jong are brothers. The queen could have had twins..... There has to be a some reason why Moo Myung put on Sam Maek Jong's bracelet.

This is going to be fun:blush: Trying to figure this out

Oh I was thinking that Mak Moon could be the Queen and An Ji Gong~ Haha that's what I meant and possibly Moo Myung is the king's son or something... And holy so Moo Myung and Maek Jong might be brothers? :blink: I wonder why Moo Myung put the bracelet on though? He knows it symbolizes the King's bracelet right?

On 27/12/2016 at 8:39 AM, sakura2016 said:

I didn't watch both dramas but I heard ALOT about him and his co-star in that drama winning people's hearts and attention even more than the main couple (though I love the main actor Sung Joon and the drama was in my to watch list for him but now it's for both of them!! hihihi) so I checked on it and I got what they were talking about!! and he's one of the few idol actors who won that much praising for his acting talent!! and he's doing a great job as Sam Mak Jong here!! and I'm happy that he'll have a leading role in this upcoming year and I'm planning in watching him in there too!! :wub: 

I'm happy he decided that he won't remain weak even if it's not a sin, like Ah Ro comforted him unkwingly to her!! 

Haha yes he finally gets his first lead role in a drama! -so proud-

3 minutes ago, ferily said:

I wonder why Moo Myung put the bracelet on though? He knows it symbolizes the King's bracelet right?

he probably put it on to not lose it because that's only thing that he has that can help him find the "murderer"

he also probably wears it, so that he will always remember his friend's death, so that he doesn't stop until he revenge his friend. 

On 27/12/2016 at 9:17 AM, louisawatson said:

OMG, WHY DO THE BOYS STILL NOT HWARANGS?!

we only have 20 episodes for god's sake!! 

and our rating probably went up because other dramas didn't air. so they have only Hwarang to watch. i actually think that's pretty low rating compared to other dramas not airing at all except Hwarang.

anyway, the episode was fun, but still i felt the story is soooooooooooo slow. i was wondering when the boys will all meet and become hwarang. i thought they would meet today because of these letters trick by WiHwa Kong, but... the episode ended before it happened. :unamused:

i freaking hate it when the drama puts scenes in next episode teaser, then not show them in next episode!! :angry:

I can't wait for the Hwarang team to be gathered :w00t: but I didn't find the episode slow!! we got the background of each of the remaining main 4 Hwarangs, we got how Moo Myung will be able to be part of the Hwarang as he picked the Queen's interest with his strength, how and why he'll take his friend's identity, he knew who is his real ennemy and it gave him the determination to be part of the Hwarang and go against their system, we saw Sam Maeek Jong having pushes to start acting and not resign to his fate as a weak King!! 

and about rating, I find it really good!! one drama not airing doesn't gurantie rising of the rating but it did increase by around 6¨% which is a great thing I believe!! 

yes I understand you but now I decided to not trust to have all the scenes in the preview in the new episode but more in the next couple episodes!! 

On 27/12/2016 at 9:19 AM, ferily said:

Holy I'm mindblown now. So Moo myung wears Maek Jong's bracelet???? Ohmy.. Is this some symbolism and foreshadowing?!!?! Um holy then maybe Moo Myung will be the rightful owner of the throne.....

Oh I was thinking that Mak Moon could be the Queen and An Ji Gong~ Haha that's what I meant and possibly Moo Myung is the king's son or something... And holy so Moo Myung and Maek Jong might be brothers? :blink: I wonder why Moo Myung put the bracelet on though? He knows it symbolizes the King's bracelet right?

I feel that it's kind of hints for us that it's Moo Myung's rightful position!!

I think that they are!! and Moo Myung didn't know what that bracelett meant but did put it on as his reminder of his friend's "murdrer" and the only lead to him!! 

this is really sad!! :tears: I'm happy to see more of Mak Moon with Moo Myung but it makes me cry!! :tears: 

OMG Im so happy for Hwarang team. Double rating for week 3. Thanks god doctor kim is off today. Its very important week. Hwarang can stable for now.

- Lol at Go Ara doesnt care if he is a man, she just check his clothes with no problem

- every time Sun Woo shows im in tears again

- i dont like the ost, it doesnt go with the flow

- i still wish they have better color, go ara is damn beautiful but this drama tone doesnt show it

58 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

he probably put it on to not lose it because that's only thing that he has that can help him find the "murderer"

he also probably wears it, so that he will always remember his friend's death, so that he doesn't stop until he revenge his friend. 

Yeah haha I agree. Probably because it's the only evidence to find his friend's murder. But it may also be some foreshadowing for later in the drama?

15 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I can't wait for the Hwarang team to be gathered :w00t: but I didn't find the episode slow!! we got the background of each of the remaining main 4 Hwarangs, we got how Moo Myung will be able to be part of the Hwarang as he picked the Queen's interest with his strength, how and why he'll take his friend's identity, he knew who is his real ennemy and it gave him the determination to be part of the Hwarang and go against their system, we saw Sam Maeek Jong having pushes to start acting and not resign to his fate as a weak King!! 

and about rating, I find it really good!! one drama not airing doesn't gurantie rising of the rating but it did increase by around 6¨% which is a great thing I believe!! 

yes I understand you but now I decided to not trust to have all the scenes in the preview in the new episode but more in the next couple episodes!! 

I feel that it's kind of hints for us that it's Moo Myung's rightful position!!

I think that they are!! and Moo Myung didn't know what that bracelett meant but did put it on as his reminder of his friend's "murdrer" and the only lead to him!! 

this is really sad!! :tears: I'm happy to see more of Mak Moon with Moo Myung but it makes me cry!! :tears: 

I'm even more excited for the Hwarang to be assembled. I think it'll be put together towards the end of tomorrow's episode or maybe in episode 5. All the bromance that's going to happen too:) 

Omg what if this drama does a total twist and Moo Myung is part of the royal line? But I'll feel bad for Maek Jong though because he is technically King but he can't do anything at the moment and is in hiding....

I was so sad when I saw Mak Moon as well... 

5 minutes ago, ferily said:

Yeah haha I agree. Probably because it's the only evidence to find his friend's murder. But it may also be some foreshadowing for later in the drama?

I'm even more excited for the Hwarang to be assembled. I think it'll be put together towards the end of tomorrow's episode or maybe in episode 5. All the bromance that's going to happen too:) 

Omg what if this drama does a total twist and Moo Myung is part of the royal line? But I'll feel bad for Maek Jong though because he is technically King but he can't do anything at the moment and is in hiding....

I was so sad when I saw Mak Moon as well... 

yes I think so too and I'm so excited for th bromance to start!! :w00t: 

I have a big feling that he is but that won't affect Sam Meak Jong bing a King because Moo Myung won't have an eye on the throne sinc he's a free spirited man and bing a King dosn't go with the Kind of life he wants to have!! 

me too!! I wa happy to see him but it brought m to tars again!! :tears: 

BTS!! :D hhhhhhhhhhhhh

cr:  hwarangthebeginning_official 

I think Moo Myeong is the late King Beopheung's son that he may have had with a mistress. If that mistress was apart of a family that was a member of the True Bone rank, then maybe that would've made Moo Myeong claim to the throne more legitimate. Sam Maek Jong's mother found out about this pregnancy so she a concocted a plan to get rid of the baby because she wanted her son to be heir to the throne. 

* King Beopheung was King Jinheung(Sam Maek Jong) uncle not his father for anyone who was wondering. 

k-netizens have a theory that MooMyung might be crown prince of DaeGaya Kingdom that has fallen by Silla Kingdom.

the timeline and the old man who raised MooMyung, Woo Reuk, can be pointed toward DaeGaya.

if that theory is correct, then MooMyung is still noble rank, perhaps True Bone, since his mother would be princess of Silla Kingdom while his father would be king of DaeGaya Kingdom.

When Silla princess got married, the king changed her and her maids' clothes into DaeGaya's style, so Silla used this as an excuse to invade the kingdom which resulted in fall of DaeGaya Kingdom.

then it makes sense that the princess/mother would throw away her son and not even name him.

Archived