[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

5 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

I think Moo Myeong is the late King's son that he may have had with a mistress. If that mistress was apart of a family that was a member of the True Bone rank, then maybe that would've made Moo Myeong claim to the throne more legitimate. Sam Maek Jong's mother found out about this pregnancy so she a concocted a plan to get rid of the baby because she wanted her child to be heir to the throne. 

could be possible!! 

another BTS :D 

cr:  hwarangthebeginning_official

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, louisawatson said:

k-netizens have theory that MooMyung might be crown prince of DaeGaya Kingdom that has fallen by Silla Kingdom.

the timeline and the old man that raised MooMyung can be pointed toward DaeGaya.

if that theory is correct, then MooMyung is still noble rank, perhaps True Bone, since his mother would be princess of Silla Kingdom while his father is king of DaeGaya Kingdom.

When Silla princess got married, the king changed her and her maids' clothes into DaeGaya's style, so Silla used this to invade the kingdom which resulted in fall of DaeGaya Kingdom.

and it makes sense that the princess would throw away the son and not even name it.

ohhh!! thank you for the information chingu!! yes it can be!!

cr:  owner

I hoped that we won't go there but that couldn't be helped so we will need to deal with it!! add to it Abeoji said that Moo Myung isn't healed yet from what's causing his fainting spells and I freaked out!! WHAT?!! :scream: 

Ah so I finished episode 3 and I'm just.......the whole thing about Moo Myung pretending to be Aro's brother, no no no! It's bittersweet that Moo Myung agreed to do this. When there was flashbacks with Mak Moon, oh geez it was so sad. He never got to meet his sister and when he said if he'll be able to see his sister before he dies, that broke my heart. The fact that he died without seeing her... :cry: I don't like the whole idea of Moo Myung pretending...like Aro genuinely wants to meet her brother but she's just getting fooled by Moo Myung with him being her brother. Honestly, I rather have it that Aro knows the truth about her brother because with this whole pretending is just going to hurt her even more... I just hope she'll find out soon enough that Moo Myung is pretending because while watching Aro get fooled by Moo Myung is like rubbing salt in a wound...

Also who else was like NOOOOOOO when the Queen was about to slash the father? I don't think (I hope...) that the father is dead and maybe the Queen will use this to take advantage of Moo Myung and use him for her own use? I don't know......I just hope the father is alive... But I guess this pretty much confirms why Moo Myung does become part of the Hwarang (and with the Episode 4 preview). 

Who else had some sympathy towards Sam Maek Jong too while watching the drama? The whole thing about him being young and weak isn't a sin and everyone goes through that youth stage... I just feel bad for him because the fact that HE is the King but because of his mother he has to stay hidden (But of course one can argue why he didn't do anything to go against his mother in the past few years). I said this already but he's pretty much powerless since his mother is doing everything. In this episode we pretty much know why he wants to join Hwarang and we all know he is going to join. I am looking forward to how Maek Jong character develops by joining Hwarang and what he'll do to get the throne back from his mother. But aside from all that, I think it's so interesting and funny how he's the King but he's among the people and they have no idea he's King xD Like when he was talking to the guy about joining Hwarang, and he doesn't speak in honorifics. Haha, it's like only if you know who he actually was.... 

But thinking of the Hwarang being all assemble makes me extremely excited because I know this is when the storyline is going to pick up and we're going to get all that bromance and what we are really waiting for to happen in the drama~ :w00t:

1 hour ago, dani4lane said:

I think Moo Myeong is the late King Beopheung's son that he may have had with a mistress. If that mistress was apart of a family that was a member of the True Bone rank, then maybe that would've made Moo Myeong claim to the throne more legitimate. Sam Maek Jong's mother found out about this pregnancy so she a concocted a plan to get rid of the baby because she wanted her son to be heir to the throne. 

* King Beopheung was King Jinheung(Sam Maek Jong) uncle not his father for anyone who was wondering. 

Holy... So does that mean that Moo Myung might be the rightful owner of the throne then? We found out through the flashback that the Queen did come to An Ji Gong in the past so maybe this means that the Queen isn't part of a royal bloodline? Perhaps the late King took her as the Queen even though she wasn't a princess? Wait so if this is the case, that means Maek Jong might be like a illegitimate child since he might be half royalty and half not? Oh my... all these theories and thoughts..

30 minutes ago, ferily said:

the Queen did come to An Ji Gong in the past so maybe this means that the Queen isn't part of a royal bloodline? Perhaps the late King took her as the Queen even though she wasn't a princess?

no, she is Sacred Bone. royal bloodline. at first, she was going to marry AnJi Gong,True Bone. they were lovers back then. but because there was no royal bloodline heirs, the late king forced her to marry her uncle who is also Sacred Bone. i think Queen came to AnJi Gong asking him to run away with her because she didn't want to marry her uncle. 

39 minutes ago, ferily said:

Holy... So does that mean that Moo Myung might be the rightful owner of the throne then? We found out through the flashback that the Queen did come to An Ji Gong in the past so maybe this means that the Queen isn't part of a royal bloodline? Perhaps the late King took her as the Queen even though she wasn't a princess? Wait so if this is the case, that means Maek Jong might be like a illegitimate child since he might be half royalty and half not? Oh my... all these theories and thoughts..

We don't know if the Queen is a blood member of the royal family or if she married into. Were true bones allowed to marry royalty? 

** Never mind, I just found out the Queen is a blood member of the royal family and royalty were allowed to marry true bones.

9 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

We don't know if the Queen is a blood member of the royal family or if she married into. Were true bones allowed to marry royalty? 

this is based on actual history even though some storylines are fictional. and i remember reading the character introduction page on the official website. she is blood member of royal family. for you to be sacred bone, both of your parents have to be sacred bones. Harry Potter Pure Blood style.  yes, true bones can marry sacred bones. for example, YeoWool's mother is sacred bone, but his unknown father is supposed to be true bone, which result in YeoWool being true bone. 

1 hour ago, louisawatson said:

no, she is Sacred Bone. royal bloodline. at first, she was going to marry AnJi Gong,True Bone. they were lovers back then. but because there was no royal bloodline heirs, the late king forced her to marry her uncle who is also Sacred Bone. i think Queen came to AnJi Gong asking him to run away with her because she didn't want to marry her uncle. 

Ah I see.. That makes more sense. I guess we'll have to see when the drama actually explains everything ^^

4 hours ago, dani4lane said:

Is anyone else shocked/surprised by Hwarang getting 13% in the ratings? I was thinking it was going to get low ratings due to the SBS Entertainment Awards. 

what! 13%?

lol i was rt abt doctor kim.. it was performing well because there was no comptition

edit:

ah didnt know doct kim did nt air on monday

I liked episode 3. I like the fact that there was some funny moments and serious as well and I am ok with the guys not being Hwarang's just yet and that we are learning more about them and their affiliations. One of my many problems with SHR was that there was never any individual focus on the brothers or their relationship with each other.  I love that this feels like a lived in world.

15 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

I liked episode 3. I like the fact that there was some funny moments and serious as well and I am ok with the guys not being Hwarang's just yet and that we are learning more about them and their affiliations. One of my many problems with SHR was that there was never any individual focus on the brothers or their relationship with each other.  I love that this feels like a lived in world.

I agree! It's nice to get some backstory of the other Hwarang members as well. I'm glad that Hwarang is letting us learn more about each character and their personality, background, and conflict in their lives.

[Spoilers] Hwarang

Spoiler

201612262221774014_586123d14f185_99_20161226230703.jpg

Untitled-244.png

Osen - Naver: 'Hwarang', Park Seo Joon x Go Ara become siblings 'tragedy starts'

1. [+3,949, -63] Choi Won Young manages to show a new side to him in every character that he plays..

2. [+2,778, -54] Park Seo Joon's such an amazing actor

3. [+2,413, -122] What the, it's daebak fun. I'm sorry for dissing Park Seo Joon's hair before ㅠ

4. [+1,678, -96] Fun drama!!!!!

5. [+395, -19] Choi Won Young's acting is pretty good

6. [+392, -22] Sam Maek Jong is cool when he's all serious but it's his cuteness that emerges most of the time

7. [+399, -27] The story keeps getting better but things will be a lot more exciting when Hwarang is established..  Go Ara's so pretty, she acts well too. Same with Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Shik

8. [+399, -28] You guys made a fuss and called it a flop but it's actually watchable

Spoiler

201612262139779860_5861193563f2c_99_20161226222203.jpg

Untitled-ab1.png
Osen - Naver: 'Hwarang', Go Ara x Sung Dong Il, bursting with 'Reply 1994' father-daughter chemistry 'comic' 

1. [+2,088, -23] Sung Dong Il's everywhere lately ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,711, -23] "Plain-looking" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1,711, -23] So, Aro thinks Park Seo Joon's her real brother

4. [+782, -28] Why did I tear up at Aro and Park Seo Joon's first meeting?ㅠㅠ I'm reminded of Kwangsoo ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠKwangsoo-yaㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+859, -110] Can reporters please stop with the 'Reply' label on article titles? ㅠ

6. [+106, -7] I watched this instead of Gayo Daejun and ended up liking it

7. [+73, -1]ㅋㅋThis drama is a feast for the eyes,  Hyung Shik looks pretty

8. [+76, -4] In Legend of the Blue Sea, Sung Dong Il's is in prison for most of his past existence, he's in prison in here too ㅋㅋ

source

Owh.. Love the theories and reviews. I havent study the lineage problem yet but i know Sam Maek Jong will ascend to the throne as the true king and prosper. I read it, he did have someone strong beside him..aaaaa... Could it be Moo myung? 

Sigh, no live recap tonite. I guess, have to watch the RAW later. I love the interaction of the boys outside drama. Full of life and laughter. I'm not worry about the rating bcoz it was a preproduced drama. Meaning, the storyboard is rarely changed. 

Who is having second lead syndrome?? I know he is not getting the girl, can he be mine??? ahahaha Park Hyung Sik  is a cutie pie!! S2

Just watched the ep 4 raw, and the scene where they are playing soccer,  Sam Maek Jong noted that Ahro was cheering and smiling to Moo Myung. Our prince got really jealous!!!

And said to himself while looking at her in a distance: Dont smile, its really annoying me!!:wub:

2 hours ago, ferily said:

Humm.... Episode 4 finished airing right? No one was able to do a live recap, just out of curiosity.

sadly I can't do live recaps as I'm not that smart nor fast!! :sweatingbullets: and I barely managed to watch the episode live streaming and I couldn't even make a post in here!! :( 

2 hours ago, an-naum said:

Owh.. Love the theories and reviews. I havent study the lineage problem yet but i know Sam Maek Jong will ascend to the throne as the true king and prosper. I read it, he did have someone strong beside him..aaaaa... Could it be Moo myung? 

Sigh, no live recap tonite. I guess, have to watch the RAW later. I love the interaction of the boys outside drama. Full of life and laughter. I'm not worry about the rating bcoz it was a preproduced drama. Meaning, the storyboard is rarely changed. 

it can be since Moo Myung will be the leader of Hwarang and they are the strongest power that will help Sam Maek Jong as a ruler!!

yes I love it too!! and I think that the drama is doing well as its competetor drama had established its own audiance for many weeks ago!!

about the episode!! :D 

OH MY!! this episode was like the start of many thing:

1-start of romance!! :wub: Moo Myung have loud heartbeats at Ah Ro holding his hand!! cute!! :wub: and Sam Maek Jong not liking seeing them close and Ah Ro smiling and admiring Moo Myung!! :lol: which marks the start of love triangle (2)!! hhhhhhhhhhhh he is jealous all by himself with Moo Myung and Ah Ro not aware of anything and nothing really started between them yet!! :lol:

3- start of bromance!! :wub: Moo Myung won a fan in Soo Ho!! hhhhhhhh Moo Myung is his grace savior and the one who beated Ban Ryu when he always lost to him!! hhhhhhhh

4-the start of Hwarang!! we still didn't have it officially but they are all there and I can't wait for it and Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong work together to save Ah Ro and beat the lights out from those men!! :w00t: Monday why are you so far?!! :blink: 

and all the fangiling we enjoyed today!! Horse scene+soccar scene!! :love: my eyes were going back and forth between Moo Myung and Sam Maek Jong!! they both shined they are always shining but you know what I mean!! :P swooooooon and was that a soccar game?!! it was more of a fight field!! :lol: but I LOVED IT!! :love: 

I loved how Moo Myung is starting to make a life in the capital:

• he have Abeoji who worries for him and is keen in keeping him safe,
  • he's getting closer to Ah Ro and they both feel confortable around each other:I know she looks at him as her brother but anything is good for me:D. Moo Myung only smiled at/because of her and she can cry in front of him!! I feel like Ah Ro has always acted strong not alowing her father or anyone else to see her weak or in tears but she can cry in front of Moo Myung as if his presence has allowed her finally to be weak and cry when she needs to!! how she started crying after he saved her from the fall and he hugged her in comforting way!! so sweet!! :wub: and how he asked is she's fine when they were about to join the soccar game and the piggyback!! they were so sweet!! :wub: 
  • he had a fan in So Hoo!! :wub: I was so happy when Soo Ho told him that he likes him and the way he was full of admiration on the soccar match!! and Moo Myung was just awkword seeing him like a puppy around him!! :lol::wub: 

and I loved how Sam Maek Jong is starting to live as well!! I loved how he was "how do they dare!!" when they treated him in a harsh way during the soccar game!! he's learning how to live as a normal person!! he is just like them and he needs to be strong to win and his win is his team's win!! he still doesn't get it as he was distracted by his jealousy of Ah Ro cheering for Moo Myung and smiling for him :lol: but he was part of a team for his 1st time and he got to act as he wanted to and had fun which is a good thing!! 

and Sam Maek Jong saw his bracelett with Moo Myung!! :o and he's not hi biggest fan!! :lol: but now they'll need to help each other to save Ah Ro and themselves from those man!! the way Moo Myung grabbed the dagger with his bare hands telling him to kill him and leave Ah Ro alone!! :blush: 

and I have to say that I love Abeoji!! the way he was talking to the Queen!! I don't know much what he said but I know that I'll love it from the way he was talking: it was words of a father and an honorable man!! !! Choi Won Young is really a great actor!!  

episode 4 youtube videos!! :wub: 

1 hour ago, nkss_sakura said:

Who is having second lead syndrome?? I know he is not getting the girl, can he be mine??? ahahaha Park Hyung Sik  is a cutie pie!! S2

Just watched the ep 4 raw, and the scene where they are playing soccer,  Sam Maek Jong noted that Ahro was cheering and smiling to Moo Myung. Our prince got really jealous!!!

And said to himself while looking at her in a distance: Dont smile, its really annoying me!!:wub:

hhhhhhh he didn't like Moo Myung being close to her from the 1st time he saw him falling in her embrace and the more he saw them together the more he got annoyed and her smiling to him (Moo Myung) and cheering for him was when he couldn't take it anymore!! he grabbed the ball from Moo Myung to show himself in front of her too when neither Moo Myung nor Ah Ro are aware of it and they are not together yet!! :lol: 

Archived