[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the first three episodes of this drama and so far, I am hooked.  I hope I will still be hooked when I watch episode 20.  I love the eye candy; however, the story of how the Hwarang began is fascinating in itself if told correctly.  I have been interested in the Hwarang since I watched Queen Seondeok.  

18 hours ago, louisawatson said:

I wonder why Moo Myung put the bracelet on though? He knows it symbolizes the King's bracelet right?

I do not believe that he knows that it is the king's bracelet.  Moo Myung is an outsider and does not know the capitol's politics.  Remember the king is in hiding, and Moo Myung only saw the wrist of the a person as he walked away.   If people knew the bracelet represented the king, he would have been recognized long ago and would not have been able to move about freely.  Moo Myung is acting out of instinct, pain and revenge; therefore, he is not thinking clearly.  If he was thinking clearly, he would recognize his actions could get him, and his friend's family killed.  

The only part I don't get is why, when someone saw the king's face' why were they killed?  None of the people recognized him as the king.  What a waste of life.

19 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

like you said it shows that people are interested in the drama but their preority was Romantic Doctor as they are its viewers for many weeks now!! but i hope the rating will keep in increasing for Hwarang!!

Yesterday wasn't RD aired coz of some event...

Hope hwarang raitings will go up...i like this drama so far...and i like RD as well...totally different but i like both

29 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

the subs are out!! off to watch it!! :w00t: 

Already? Tnx chingu...wasn't able to get online till now so i'km glad will watch properly...see you later ...

3 hours ago, nkss_sakura said:

Who is having second lead syndrome?? I know he is not getting the girl, can he be mine??? ahahaha Park Hyung Sik  is a cutie pie!! S2

Just watched the ep 4 raw, and the scene where they are playing soccer,  Sam Maek Jong noted that Ahro was cheering and smiling to Moo Myung. Our prince got really jealous!!!

And said to himself while looking at her in a distance: Dont smile, its really annoying me!!:wub:

I'm having major 2nd lead syndrome..... I ship Aro so hard with Maek Jong....but all the romantic and cute scenes are happening with aro and Moo myung... -goes again in the corner and sobs-

i thought love is pure n rare n has some lifespan..

but darn.. wid every new drama i watch.. i fall out of love and straight into new love...

must hv truly, deeply, fallen i n love head over heels for the 11th time this yr..

latest hyung shik replaces gong yoo...

aaaaaaa...this is a grave problem

(m i a cassanova of onwe sided love)

Father is alive and ok..for now...so, queen took his wife and son from capital...still unclear why..coz he didn't take her when she asked?

Our OTP has great chemistry...i like it...if she doesn't find out soon he's not her brother will be hard for both...first for him coz he knows but won't be able to show it...and her...at that match she had eyes only for him...no matter all most beautiful young men were there as well

That horse ride then almost accident...he did everything to prevent her fall...yet hesitated to hug her when she started to cry..the way he tried to pull his hand when she started to teach him to write and his beating heart...well that was funny he he ...do you hear drums? :)

CP starts to feel jealous...he still doesn't know he supose to be her brother

Wonder will our girl conclude something from that guy at the end...he did call him name

Ha ha ha that point to his own goal was so funny....poor our guy :wink:..but the game was great...i was a bit sorry for leading blue guy when he cried at home but glad he lost the game to red ones 

Ending scene was great...CP asked why must be he for her...hope he got it 

Preview looks great...bond between OTP gets tighter....ahhh his voice -  i protect you, you r not alone anymore :wub:...was someone else there? :blush:...only his voice stayed in my ear...ahhh yes ...and coming shower scene somewhere in my mind wink.png

20 hours ago, zagigirl said:

like you said it shows that people are interested in the drama but their preority was Romantic Doctor as they are its viewers for many weeks now!! but i hope the rating will keep in increasing for Hwarang!!

I am glad I do not watch these shows on regular tv. I watch Asian dramas on several sites such as Viki and Dramafever; this allows me to watch both the Romantic Doctor and Hwarang and enjoy them both without having to choose which I like best. These are two different genres and; therefore, both have their own merit.  I do not get caught up in the ratings.  If I like a drama, I will watch it no matter how low or high the ratings are.  If a drama does not appeal to me; I do not care how high the ratings are, I will not watch it.  For instance, people raved about Heirs, I did not care for the drama and cannot see myself watching it again, regardless of the ratings. However, I watched 1% of Something....great drama, loved it,but the ratings were low.  I understand that the drama did not have as many viewers because it is a paid channel; however, I have seen dramas on the paid channel that received higher ratings.  I will watch 1% of Something again and again because I like it that much.   It is not about the ratings, but the content.  If the writer, director, and actors blow Hwarang out of the park, and I hope they do,  that is all I need for the drama for be a success.

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

i thought love is pure n rare n has some lifespan..

but darn.. wid every new drama i watch.. i fall out of love and straight into new love...

must hv truly, deeply, fallen i n love head over heels for the 11th time this yr..

latest hyung shik replaces gong yoo...

aaaaaaa...this is a grave problem

(m i a cassanova of onwe sided love)

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Father is alive and ok..for now...so, queen took his wife and son from capital...still unclear why..coz he didn't take her when she asked?

Our OTP has great chemistry...i like it...if she doesn't find out soon he's not her brother will be hard for both...first for him coz he knows but won't be able to show it...and her...at that match she had eyes only for him...no matter all most beautiful young men were there as well

That horse ride then almost accident...he did everything to prevent her fall...yet hesitated to hug her when she started to cry..the way he tried to pull his hand when she started to teach him to write and his beating heart...well that was funny he he ...do you hear drums? :)

CP starts to feel jealous...he still doesn't know he supose to be her brother

Wonder will our girl conclude something from that guy at the end...he did call him name

Ha ha ha that point to his own goal was so funny....poor our guy :wink:..but the game was great...i was a bit sorry for leading blue guy when he cried at home but glad he lost the game to red ones 

Ending scene was great...CP asked why must be he for her...hope he got it 

Preview looks great...bond between OTP gets tighter....ahhh his voice -  i protect you, you r not alone anymore :wub:...was someone else there? :blush:...only his voice stayed in my ear...ahhh yes ...and coming shower scene somewhere in my mind wink.png

I LOVE ABEOJI!! the way he faced to the Queen with no fear telling her how he won't allow her to keep harming those he cares for and that he'll teach his "son" what kind of dirty and crazy world they are living in!! and whe he told her "should I be apologizing to you?!!" :thumbsup: and yes I think she turned his life into hell because he turned her down apparently!! 

oh yeah!! that would be really heard and sad!! want her to find out soon!!

I loved how he hugged her, he was trying to comfort her but you can see it's his 1st time doing something like that and being around a girl isn't something he's used to!! hihihi :wub: 

oh my!! I was laughing hard when he started trying to have the ball from Moo Myung and then call him a theif!! :lol: and Moo Myung is all "what's wrong with him?"!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

she can think about it as his past life, he could have had ennemies and that was his nickname "Kea-Sea"="Dog-Bird" but she can start doubting again if they'll talk about him being abondonant by his mother since he was a child with no name and/or call him Moo Myung=No Name!! that would be a different thing!!

hhhhhhhhhhh I was embarressed in his stead!! and when he started shoting that they are dead and to give them the point!! oh myyyyy I wanted him to stop talking!! hhhhhhhhhh but he turned it back so that's fine and he won a big fan in Soo Ho!! :wub: when he told him he loves him for some reason and the way he kept hugging him and bragging about his strength and ability!! so cute!! hhhhhhh :wub: 

no not yet!! :lol: but he will soon!! :D 

I'm scared for Sam Maek Jong!! looks like Ban Ryu's step-father realised who he is from the way the Queen was shocked when she saw him as a Hwarang and I don't like it but good thing he'll be surrounded by many strong men including our man Moo Myung!! ;) but he's not fully healed and will join Hwarang?!! WHAT?!! :crazy: and one of the things I love about Park Seo joon is his voice!! I just love the way he talks!! :wub: 

hhhhhhhhh be sure not to faint chingu!! ;) 

I almost forgot but I have to say this!! I must thank the Queen for being the reason for the two men who'll cause her fall to be part of the Hwarang!! :lol: she asked for Moo Myung to be part of the Hwarang though he wouldn't be allowed if  they were to follow the rules and in return allowed the old man to do the same and by that allowed her son to be part of the Hwarang as well and that's how Hwarang got its stong leader (Moo Myung) and the King won their trust and loyalty!! :lol: she digged her grave with her own hands!! :lol: 

19 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I almost forgot but I have to say this!! I must thank the Queen for being the reason for the two men who'll cause her fall to be part of the Hwarang!! :lol: she asked for Moo Myung to be part of the Hwarang though he wouldn't be allowed if  they were to follow the rules and in return allowed the old man to do the same and by that allowed her son to be part of the Hwarang as well and that's how Hwarang got its stong leader (Moo Myung) and the King won their trust and loyalty!! :lol: she digged her grave with her own hands!! :lol: 

That was the best part regarding the queen...old man does't know he's letting CP inside...but queen scored in her own goal just like our guy :wink:...will be very interesting...wonder how will CP get his bracelet back without suspicion...anyway MM will remember it

Its getting interesting and finally to see again the F4 school concept but in a historical drama and unlike previous ones , here the female is playing herself as beauty from the very start... 

by the way ; I love so much ost 3 dream by Bolbbalgan4 I think, it gives to me the vib of the old drama Full house Osts for Bi rain and SHK. 

and sure demanding the casting of Kwang So in a historical drama with such lovely character , how ironic that he mad me cry upon his death here and then few days later by his speech from SBS entertainment awards !

On 28/12/2016 at 7:05 AM, zagigirl said:

That was the best part regarding the queen...old man does't know he's letting CP inside...but queen scored in her own goal just like our guy :wink:...will be very interesting...wonder how will CP get his bracelet back without suspicion...anyway MM will remember it

I think he does!! when the man who's hemping him was saying that the throne is actially of a fool and weak King not the Queen the old man was looking behind him at Sam Maek Jon's place and was "fool and weak is too much" as if he was aware that the young man behind him is the faceless King!!

it can fall again from Moo Myung's wrist and he should hide it really well and not wear it again so Moo Myung won't recognise him!!

82065162.2_99_20161228063110.jpg?type=w430_q80

기사이미지

440485_265721_1234.png

440485_265722_1237.png

cr: naver

Hi! Started watching this show while waiting for my beloved Weightlifting Fairy. Just wanted to say that it is getting better and better with the last two episodes :) Ara has nice chemistry with both leads so it is hard to choose. I am trying to stick with the first lead to avoid heartache later, but must say that PSH is v charming and a scene stealer. Ahh at least now I have hope that this show can soothe my heart once WF ends its run!

On 28/12/2016 at 6:07 AM, LoveBangWon said:

RATING AGB NATIONWIDE

HWARANG EPISODE 4 

7.5%

source:http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003454380

thank you for the news chingu!! :wub: 

I hope the rating keep in increasing in the future but for now we can see that Hwarang has made its following audiences hich is a good thing!! :D

BY TESSIEROO  K-DRAMA, VIDEO PREVIEWDECEMBER 27, 2016

HWARANG EPISODE 5 PREVIEW

hwarangep5prevheader

read here: http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/12/27/hwarang-episode-5-preview/

HwarangStills-6.jpg

HwarangStills-7.jpg

Spoiler

HwarangStills-8.jpg

HwarangStills-9.jpg

HwarangStills-4.jpg

HwarangStills-5.jpg

HwarangStills-2.jpg

HwarangStills-1.jpg

HwarangStills-3.jpg

cr: naver

3 minutes ago, Ohsh said:

Hi! Started watching this show while waiting for my beloved Weightlifting Fairy. Just wanted to say that it is getting better and better with the last two episodes :) Ara has nice chemistry with both leads so it is hard to choose. I am trying to stick with the first lead to avoid heartache later, but must say that PSH is v charming and a scene stealer. Ahh at least now I have hope that this show can soothe my heart once WF ends its run!

hi saw fairy!! happy to see you here and to know you're enjoying the drama like we do!! :D

I'm on team Moo Myung/Park Seo Joon but Park Hyung Shik is charming as well for sure!! ;) 

cr:  kdramalovers83

"I wish I could throw him away. why is he so long!!" hhhhhhhhhhh poor girl!! :lol: 

but he returned it in less than 24hours!! :wub: 

cr:  dorama_onlain

SO CUTE!! :wub: 

I really love this OST!! it's so beautiful!! :wub: 

2 new chapters/episodes of Hwarang webtoon was released!! :wub: 

episode/chapter 2!! :wub: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49287222&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

episode/chapter 3!! :wub: 

https://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49303277&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

but we didn't see much of Moo Myung and Mak Moon and Mak Moon didn't get killed yet nor saw the King to beging with but had a fight with Ban Ryu's "friend" and Moo Myung saved him which makes me wonder how different the webtoon would be from the drama!! but I'm happy with it either ways!! :wub: we saw Yeo Wool, Han Sung and his brother in these chapters!! Yeo wool really looked like a woman, he have a purple hair and a fan inhis hand, that I only realised who he is by reading his name!! Han Sung is too innocent and sweet with light brown hair and his brother have a green forhead band!! and now most of the Hwarang met each other by now but there is no talking about the Hwarang yet?!! 

5 hours ago, LoveBangWon said:

RATING AGB NATIONWIDE

HWARANG EPISODE 4 

7.5%

source:http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003454380

Thanks for posting the rating:blush: I was hoping for it to be a little higher but we know it's a good drama.

@nkss_sakura I had second lead syndrome yesterday, the day before I was into our lead actor and today it's 3rd lead syndrome

gjmeTCf.png?1 

lJFnFvP.png?1

Archived