[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

I just finished watching Hwarang and I loved it! I actually liked it better than Moon Lovers. I never liked Hae Soo's character and I loved Ah Ro so much! She's much more realistic and I can relate to her more. I loved Park Seo Joon and Go Ara's chemistry as well as the rest of the Hwarang. I couldn't pick a favorite Hwarang because I just love them all!! But if I have to really pick, I must say, I love Su Ho the most! He's so funny and brash but in a good way! I also loved how the writer connected the plots and the characters with each other.

Hoping for a season 2!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jgismyking said:

I just finished watching Hwarang and I loved it! I actually liked it better than Moon Lovers. I never liked Hae Soo's character and I loved Ah Ro so much! She's much more realistic and I can relate to her more. I loved Park Seo Joon and Go Ara's chemistry as well as the rest of the Hwarang. I couldn't pick a favorite Hwarang because I just love them all!! But if I have to really pick, I must say, I love Su Ho the most! He's so funny and brash but in a good way! I also loved how the writer connected the plots and the characters with each other.

Hoping for a season 2!!

hi chingu!! happy you loved and enjoyed Hwarang like we did!! :D yes I really loved and enjoyed this drama and all my boys and OTP and I still miss them so much!! :( and rewatch their MVs and scenes!! :tongue: my favorite Hwarang is Sun Woo but I love them all for sure!! :wub: 

cr: owners

they made a puzzel for my OTP pic?!! awww :wub: 

Spoiler

cr: owner

:wub: 

cr: owners

these two chapters are showing us 20 years ago how Moo Myung, Ah Ro, Meak Jong and Mak Moon met as kids and how there lives ended up as we saw it when the drama started!! and it was Meak Jong who gave Moo Myung his "name"=Moo Myung combining two words that meant "no name" :) 

http://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49542560&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

http://page.kakao.com/viewer?productId=49561249&categoryUid=10&subCategoryUid=1000&navi=1&inkatalk=0&inChannel=0

On 3/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, sakura2016 said:

hi chingu!! happy you loved and enjoyed Hwarang like we did!! :D yes I really loved and enjoyed this drama and all my boys and OTP and I still miss them so much!! :( and rewatch their MVs and scenes!! :tongue: my favorite Hwarang is Sun Woo but I love them all for sure!! :wub: 

Me too! I miss them so much! I have a Hwarang hangover...I kept on rewatching the episodes and MVs too. I also love Sun Woo. It's a close call for Sun Woo and Su Ho as my top Hwarang but I love them all!!:wub:

I actually watched Park Seo Joon before in Kill Me Heal Me, but he was in a totally whole new different level here. 

5 hours ago, jgismyking said:

Me too! I miss them so much! I have a Hwarang hangover...I kept on rewatching the episodes and MVs too. I also love Sun Woo. It's a close call for Sun Woo and Su Ho as my top Hwarang but I love them all!!:wub:

I actually watched Park Seo Joon before in Kill Me Heal Me, but he was in a totally whole new different level here. 

hhhhhhhhh we're all there chingu!! :D

yeah, completely agree!! :love: 

OH MY GOD!! HW DID I FORGET THIS?!! :dizzy: Abeoji and Sun Woo met before in Kill Me Heal Me!! hhhhhhhhhhhhh

cr:  wumeihua1013

how can I remember that I 1st saw them in Kill Me Heal Me but never linked that they acted together in that drama?!! :dizzy: hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi all,... finally overcome my procrastination and finished a second video on Sam Maek Jong, since write-nim didn't give him justice. Just going to pretend the riding horse scene is they are going to Baekja to kick the crown prince's richard simmons.

Hope next time I can make special effects into it. 

I still miss Hwarang so much! Do you guys think it's possible for a second season? I watched their interviews on youtube. One of my favorites was the one where everyone was talking in Chinese. hahaha the 6 boys have such amazing chemistry.

I am also looking for other dramas written by the writer of Hwarang but I cannot find any. Would anyone be so kind to recommend a drama he/she has written prior to this? 

On 3/18/2017 at 4:52 AM, sakura2016 said:

my drama and OTP!! :heart: 

They are my current OTP as well. I don't understand some people who said Park Seojoon and Go Ara had no chemistry because my heart was fluttering in all of their scenes together. I hope they can have a reunion drama too.

18 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Hi all,... finally overcome my procrastination and finished a second video on Sam Maek Jong, since write-nim didn't give him justice. Just going to pretend the riding horse scene is they are going to Baekja to kick the crown prince's richard simmons.

Hope next time I can make special effects into it.

thank you for the MV chingu!! :wub: 

2 hours ago, jgismyking said:

I still miss Hwarang so much! Do you guys think it's possible for a second season? I watched their interviews on youtube. One of my favorites was the one where everyone was talking in Chinese. hahaha the 6 boys have such amazing chemistry.

I am also looking for other dramas written by the writer of Hwarang but I cannot find any. Would anyone be so kind to recommend a drama he/she has written prior to this? 

don't think we will have a second season!! and yes I love my boys' chemistry in the drama and in real life!! :heart: 

I think this is the 1st drama of this writer!! 

2 hours ago, jgismyking said:

They are my current OTP as well. I don't understand some people who said Park Seojoon and Go Ara had no chemistry because my heart was fluttering in all of their scenes together. I hope they can have a reunion drama too.

yes I loved them too and I'd love that!! :D:wub: 

found this fanart!! :wub: 

*Pokes my head in this thread* Hello...... How are all of you doing? Hehe, I've been MIA for awhile, but I decided to come and check out to see how this thread is going....

On 2/27/2017 at 4:47 AM, jjoy84 said:

@athena22 same for me... when the drama was still airing, we'd already be camped in this thread at this time and discussion would go on until wednesday/thursday. it's so quiet here now. :( i miss SMJ...

I know right.. It was so noisy but everyone disappeared or moved on to another drama...I am one of these people.... Ehehe.... I've been busy on the SWDBS thread..

On 2/28/2017 at 3:25 AM, sakura2016 said:

tank you all for your posts!! :wub: I'm happy to see many of us still go back to this thread and post about our drama!! :heart: 

and I'm crying watching this!! :bawling: 

Hwarang Fighting!! Sun Woo-rang Fighting!! :heart: 

cr: rineesejun

I love the making video :D It's funny to see Park Hyung Sik having his eyes out for the Making camera. Also when the bug came near Park Seo Joon, he unsheathe his sword like he was going to slice it xD

On 2/28/2017 at 3:42 AM, furu.vu217 said:

Cute moment of PHS & ARa :wub: PHS really take care his co-star :D

LoL. look at PSJ's stare at the back :lol::lol:

Hehe yes, and Park Seo Joon looks like he's so jealous of PHS and Go Ara

I don't know why but many netizens are so obssessed in making crossover version MVs  of scarlet heart ryeo and Hwarang that is  PHS (SMJ)and IU(Hae soo).. some are here seriously if any watches this without watching both the dramas may end up believing they acted together..

Spoiler

CR:OWNERs

8 hours ago, ferily said:

I love the making video :D It's funny to see Park Hyung Sik having his eyes out for the Making camera. Also when the bug came near Park Seo Joon, he unsheathe his sword like he was going to slice it xD

On 28/02/2017 at 0:42 PM, furu.vu217 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was so cute!! :wub: 

8 hours ago, athena22 said:

I don't know why but many netizens are so obssessed in making crossover version MVs  of scarlet heart ryeo and Hwarang that is  PHS (SMJ)and IU(Hae soo).. some are here seriously if any watches this without watching both the dramas may end up believing they acted together..

Hide contents

CR:OWNERs

thank you for the MVs chingu!! :wub: 

I think many people find them similar someway (many boys in both dramas) and watched and loved them both?!! :) 

Been silent reader all this while :D enjoy watching all the comments from others for each drama in soompi forum here..:wub: 

Anyway, for IU and PHS MV, I watched one of the variety show Hwasin - ep 22 where both of them there, and sing a song a bit..looks so sweet..it has Eng sub as well..maybe fans hope they will act together one day..i'm falling hard for PHS nowadays..he's acting is great:wub: 

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So I just started watching this drama. So I just wonder how accurate the costumes are.

Park Hyun Sik look so good with his long hair though I like Dog-Bird more.

I am not liking the constant need to save Aroh... I like at her first but lately she's been doing nothing but get in trouble and be saved by Dog-Bird.

The Queen's face is bothering me... not sure if it's the make or what.

Currently on episode 15, I cannot believe just how annoying Ah Ro has become. Ever since her brother came into her life, she almost did nothing but to get in danger and be saved, cry in almost every episode and frown and pout when she's not. I do not know anymore what else is her use in the story except for the love triangle which honestly is no longer as interesting. I used to ship her with dog-bird but even that became so boring, cheesy and annoying. At first it was tolerable but now it  came to a point where I often skipped scenes with her unless the whole hwarang is on it. I liked her at first but now... just seeing her makes me annoyed already.

The worst part so far was when they were in the Baekje and she got in danger again, which of course got them in trouble and made the hwarang all run to save her - never mind that they were sent there for peace talk and that a war could broke out because of them. The princess was right by telling them that they all went there to help her but now what? they got in trouble.

They were trying to save Ah Ro's character by making her do things that seems useful only to ruin it again.

The only thing that kept me from dropping this series is because I wanted to see what happens with the hwarangs.

I watched this series knowing fully well that this is purely fiction but still I thought they will do a better story showing us about the hwarang but argh! most of the focus was on the love story.
Park HS is very handsome but I am slowly losing interest with his character, especially with how he kept on wooing Ah Ro.

As of now, the character that interest me the most is Banryu and honestly speaking - his love story with SY was much more interesting than the main couple and their love triangle. I just hope that it his character and love story wouldn't get too cheesy as the main love story.

I like seeing the Princess more than Ah Ro, so I just hope her character wouldn't become annoying as well.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Archived