• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 50

30747013321_3a5dcf507c_n.jpg

Myeongjong wrote his order for reinforcement by sending a letter to Deputy Commander (U Rim Wi Jang , 우림위장 , 羽林衛將) is an 2nd rank officialdom in the Geum Gun Cheong (금군청,禁軍廳) which is the Guard Division or army in charge in protecting the palaces & capital & definitely will have the Military might than Nae Geum Wi (내금위,內禁衛) who are more exclusive that there are household security for individual palace residence

30203514394_461f336a21_n.jpg

Uigeumbu Dosa (의금부 도사, 義禁府 都事, State Tribunal Officer), 5th officialdom rank

Overall I have enjoyed this drama and am satisfied with the final episode. ON in princess attire and being welcomed by her brother, the King at the Palace was so lovely! The Royal siblings' crying scene of ON's concern for the King's health and their hug was most touching! @hikari2016, like you, I would have loved to see a OkWon wedding scene!  That flashback scene of the young ON `stalking' TW at the Prison vicinity was adorable. And the show ended with ON looking at TW lovingly, with flashback of key OTP scenes in the ending credits. No wedding scene but at least the final moments were on the OTP. 

3 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Okay did i miss something in last episode was there nothing romantic or touching about the main couple beside them still being legal officers together.  mhmm Maybe i need to rewatch that episode again....

"Talking" about the romantic scene in this drama, I felt it when both of them went to China, ON as the interpreter and TW as the merchant.  The feeling was still there on the night when they were waiting for the rain to stop in Ep. 19.  

However, it  seemed lost to me when ON was made into a government slave.  We the audience saw ON was looking and searching for TW hoping to see him before she headed out of the city.  He was there but only watching her from afar at that time.  It went spiral down afterwards especially after SJH's father died related to TW ;) until it picked up again a few episodes before the end.  The feeling however is not the same as in the earlier episode.  (This is just what I feel)

"The Flower in Prison", Ko Soo and Seo Ha-joon's final goodbye

Spoiler

photo781651.jpg

Ko Soo and Seo Ha-joon are disappointed "The Flower in Prison" is over.

Ko Soo who played Yoon Tae-won said, "A long 7-month journey is over. It was the longest historical drama for me so it's special for me. I am grateful to director Lee Byeong-hoon and the entire cast for making this happen".

Seo Ha-joon played Myeong Jong said, "Thank you everyone who watched the drama all the way to the end. It was an honor. Although I joined the drama in the middle for 6 months, I learned and experienced so much from it. It was an honor to work with everyone and thank you once again".

Meanwhile, "The Flower in Prison" ended with 51 episodes in which Ok-nyeo (Jin Se-yeon) and Yoon Tae-won defeated the bad and Jeong Nan-jeong (Park Joo-mi) and Yoon Won-hyeong (Jeong Joon-ho) killed themselves.

Hi.... just manage to catch up with final episode of fip yesterday and for me the ending is quite okay:) but to say about my disappointment is only at the part where they dont show what happen to jeokneoseo after a year.. im really curious whether jeokneoseo got improved or not, whether the prisoner get different uniform or not like what ON have been suggested and stuff. And they dont tell us anything about what happen to lee myeong heon after that right?And to add i really love if ON and king have a last conversation after a year but sadly they dont:(  guess they dont have enough time to film it so its fine.. And to highlight i really like that they choose to end fip with ON end up being an official legal officer. On last note, im also sad that cho hee have to die in the process T_T 

p/s: see you guys next time in another drama perhaps! And bye OK NYEO!!

Well, it is time to say goodbye for a while in this thread.  Thank you very much everyone for all your insight, the background and historical fact about the characters, recaps, photos etc.  I enjoyed it very much although they are moments in the drama that I wish will be better.  I will always remember ON who is like a butterfly going through the process of metamorphosis, from a girl who was born at a prison and later became the princess of Joseon.

Thank you again everyone, hope to see you in other thread also.  Take care.

Archived