[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hello ladies... So I just watched MLSHR ... Cried buckets. Loved it. Hated the end. Feel like crying and completely heart broken. Still don't get the end. So read this thread and am ready to watch it again and fangirl with you . :)

• Like 4

On 6/1/2018 at 5:00 AM, Issabella said:

For some reason my username (freckledcontessa) in my old account went back to the original (freckledbelle). I cannot recover my old account no matter how many times i reset the password thru my email. I hate Soompi for doing this but it's the beginning of the year and i don't want an ugly start so no biggie going back to square root of one, i know you guys know what i mean, besides it's just a name and an account. I sent emails but to no avail, too. 

So you are @freckledcontessa sad news about your old account, but you are wise not to fret about it and just start anew!

On 6/1/2018 at 5:00 AM, Issabella said:

On another note, I want to greet everyone a happy holidays! I can't believe it's been that long and yet this thread is still active! Thank you to everyone who make it possible, i love you all!

Hope you had happy holidays too! 2226 pages so far and i think we´ll make a lot more... 

On 6/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, rocher22 said:

While Im reading these posts it feels like watching the drama again, just that the posts are much funnier,

there isnt a lot of humor in the episodes themselves. :D

My heart skipped a beat for the first time when WS covered his scar in such a boyish way, when Soo emerged

infront of him.:wub:

That innocent side of his personality mixed with his ability to kill, like in the temple, it all determined Soo's

destiny without her being aware of it.

In the 10 episode I liked WSs simple sentences during the conversation on the coast.:wink:

Soo herself didnt know what to say.

Ofcourse my fav scene is WSs movement , when he pulled the reigns very coldly, when Jung wanted

to help Soo of the horse.

That movement says more than anything.

And when that movement makes other men to stop, and they cant do anything, it is completely

clear who will get the girl and the throne, completely deserved too.

Thank you for sharing your impressions about the episodes.. i agree with what you said but specially what i highlighted in green... 

8 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I've been waiting for the pester!!  

But i haven´t pester at all... i'm about to start... and i won´t finish until i read and laugh over your emoji review... I will try to do my episode 11 review tomorrow night

7 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

What does that mean? you did catch up with the episodes right? you better say you did or i will turn on my pestering mode!

1 hour ago, zakz said:

Hello ladies... So I just watched MLSHR ... Cried buckets. Loved it. Hated the end. Feel like crying and completely heart broken. Still don't get the end. So read this thread and am ready to watch it again and fangirl with you . :)

Oh welcome here!!!! You are not alone. I think we all cried buckets while watching the drama, we all loved the drama and we all hate the ending, though in fact i love/hate the ending. I really hope you join us both watching again and fangirling! the more the merrier! plus you will find out that you will enjoy the drama a lot more on second watch!

• Like 4

NOTE:  These RECAPS/REACTIONS can be filled with spoilers/grammatical errors/snark...since I've already watched MLSHR numerous times. Read at your own risk!

MLSHR Episode 11 – Dramafever Directors Cut

Or in other words…

With or without you – U2

Pixelistic Re(Take) Ramblings - Spoilers ahead!

• 0:00 It starts with that mole…wait…those bangs…wait…those eyes…wait…those hands…drinking from that poisoned cup of tea….unknowingly poisoned by Soo.  Those glances.  I am still questioning whether the King knew that Wang So was going to be poisoned. crazy monkey 101I’m starting to feel he did.
  • 2:00 Wang So excuses himself im-ok-smiley.gif?1292867624 and somehow manages to walk away.  The cinematography, the shallow depth of field, the amazing physical acting by JG  And hey…look at Yeon Hwa.  big eyes pink mouse<<<I know y’all think she is just a biotch wanting power…but right here…is a girl who seems horrified she is witnessing the poisoning of someone she loves. >>> <<<another thought…I know JG just gave away his Burgundy Jacket from a photoshoot…OH…to win THIS black robe???....faintdead onion head>>>
  • 2:35 King Taejo rule-smiley-face.gif?1302011418 notices Yeon Hwaprincess-smiley.gif?1292867657 and calls her out.  With one damning glance from blowup-smiley-face.gif?1302011314Queen Yoo…the scheming Yeon Hwa returns.
  • 3:05  Wang So bleeding onion head stumbles behind Soo…trying to reach her.  I love the camerawork…going in and out of focus, just like So’s vision would be doing. Those eyes! The struggle. She finally hears him and watches him fall. piece-of-cake-smiley-05.gif?1301944212cute-rabbit-emoticon-06.gif?1301940529He has enough fortitude to tell her to be quiet and leave.  He doesn’t want her implicated. Soo is freaking out…rightly so.tv baby 31
  • 4:25 How can something so pretty be so vile? And manipulative. muddy pink catBut then again. Yeon Hwa gets what she evil-smiley-face.gif?1302011350 wants…and gives Wook what he wants. <<<you’d think he’d be ready to chase after Soo>>> And doesn’t let the poisoning event be hidden.
  • 6:45 Soo is really yelling now.  <<<I would be too.  Where are all the soldiers, etc?>>> It’s Baek-Ah running-smiley.gif?1292867665 that comes running. And then CPM and the others. Won <<<the other alien2-smiley-face.gif?1302011302SNAKE>>> points out that Soo brought the tea.  JiMong has her arrested.
  • 7:49 Court Lady Oh lady teapot watches the soldiers ransack Soo’s room. She comes to realize that Nan Hee and the Minister and the soldier are all in on the framing of Soo.
  • 8:34  The Doctor is with Yeon Hwa <<<why don’t we get to see the Dr with So?>>> Well…it’s so we can see another SNAKE slither and strike and ruin any happiness this show will give. Yeon Hwa Image result for pretty snake slithering gif knows her power and threatens to kill the doctor if he reveals her treachery. She didn’t drink the poison, and she bit her own cheek to draw blood. She is JUST FINE.  ARRGGHH.
  • 9:58 Another doctor is tending to an unconscious So. JiMong, CPM and Baek-Ah are present and figuring out what just went down. JiMong smoking2 onion head let ’s us know that the poison couldn’t have been detected by Court Ladies <<<no-brain-smiley.gif?1292867644huh?>>> and that the General had trained So to handle poisons otherwise he would be a dead man right now. <<<I’m imagining So’s training right now…ok…Chapter 1: Send him to our enemies to abuse and lock up, now Chapter 2: throw him into a cave and make him kill all the wild animals to survive….now Chapter 3: slowly poison him until he builds up a tolerance…Chapter 4: Only allow him to see his father from afar delivering new masks. reading-smiley.gif?1292867661Pages from the “How to Kill Wang So…or make him into King Gwangjong in 25 Years or less>>>
  • 11:30  So who was Wang So trying to protect?  Great camera pan to Soo…sitting in fetal position in the prison cell.  In walks snakes-on-aplane-smiley.gif?1292867675Wang Wook.  Ever the reluctant one, even though he just heard King Taejo clear a marriage for him. He is reluctant to even touch her. cupidhit-smiley-face.gif?1302011340But after seeing her scared visage and bloody hands, he gently reaches for her.  Her first utterance is to ask about the 4th Prince…which causes Wook to withdraw his hand. This makes Soo afraid that So is dead.  She says that cannot be.  So is too hard to die.  <<<death1-smiley-face.gif?1302011341hell yes he is>>> Wook…with a blank face…Image result for pretty snake slithering giftells her that he is fine and that she needs to worry about herself. She’s been accused of trying to poison a prince. There is no way to prove her innocence. She will be tortured. Wook makes a promise…another one…that he won’t keep.disgust-smiley-face.gif?1302011342
  • 13:50 Time for Power Struggles in the King’s Court! judge-smiley.gif?1292867628 CPM is being called out as the poisoner.  The Minister wants to reveal CPM’s secrets and almost gets him to do so, hit1-smiley.gif?1292867618 when Wook prevails with some reason and actual verbal power of his own. <<<might he actually be useful???thinking-smiley.gif?1292867689>>>
  • 15:40  CPM is realizing how many people have to sacrifice so he can become King.  tomato-smiley.gif?1292867690He wants no more. He asks King Taejo to remove him and create peace among the warring factions. But King Taejo wants his firstborn son to be the next King. <<<is that so hard to ask??? libras-smiley.gif?1292867631Ummm in MLSHR…yes>>>
  • 17:10  A coughing Wang So tries to find Soo. “That girl…she’s alone.” <<<4 words that sealed my heart to SO. He’s been near death,consoling smiley but he finds the strength to go to her>>> He runs into Wook. So asks Wook for his help to free Soo and implicate his mother. Wook is surprised but says he will help. no-no-smiley.gif?1292867644 <<<Ya… right.>>>
  • 19:28  MY FAVE SCENE EVER!!! You DON’T know HOW MANY times I REPLAYED this one.  <<<thanks Dramafever for making it a Youtube clip>>>  Here comes the camerapan again…but this time…Soo is laying there…cute-rabbit-emoticon-06.gif?1301940529beaten and bloody. And the camera then shows fan smileySo…his slow, gentle reactions to her imprisonment. <<<the camera framing, the in and out of focus…right when she sees him for the first time…between barscell smiley…the music…the glances…the recognition...it is all just perfect….(for tears!!!wailing leaf)))>>> So comes down to her level.  They are both beaten and weak.  But she gathers a small smile…and knowingly says “I knew you didn’t die.” So gives her a subtle smirk back and says “of course not.” She continues by letting him know she knows he drank the poison to protect her. He tries to joke that he is not a man who drinks poison to protect a girl.sad leaf <<<Ya…. RIGHT.>>>

But then Soo’s words stab him ever so gently in the heart.  Even through this act of chivalry, her heart is not with his. She wonders why he continues to try…<<<and I start to ask myself the SAME thing! If I could have slapped her and shook her calm down crazy rabbitand told her that she only had a few more episodes so …c’mon girl…let the boy IN!>>> 

But he returns her words with another half smile. And tells her, “Just don’t run away.” <<<doesn’t he tell her that often??>>> He knows they will meet again outside of this all soon. <<<can they yet meet again PD nim….huh???>>> They both reveal they don’t know what to do with each other. But she tries to mother him and he repeats about her always lecturing.hXM61X5.png <<<the unwritten behaviors of love>>>  He leaves….with a determined look.  And she seems heartbroken.

• 22:30 Wook Image result for pretty snake slithering gif is following a Court Lady. He has her at pin point <<<haha I know…but it’s pretty dangerous>>> and threatens a hooded assailant to reveal themselves. To his horror, it is his own sister, Yeon HwaImage result for pretty snake slithering gif . In shock, he lets the Court Lady go.  He gets more of a shock when Yeon Hwa tells him that he has to make a choice between protecting his House (sister and Mother) or to sacrifice them all to save Soo. While Yeon Hwa is trying to feed the “greedy” soul of Wook with blasphemous desires,  Wook (The snakes-on-aplane-smiley.gif?1292867675Snake) strikes…but his aim is the Court Lady who was running away.  It seems he cannot sacrifice his family. no2on-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949002And lets them do what they want with him. He is a defeated man.  It was not easy to watch. He arrives at the Prison, but doesn’t go see Soo.  blacko 02<<<<Question:  You know…would it just have been simpler for Wook to go along with it…if all he really did want was Soo?  And to be King?  Right?? Why didn’t he???>>>
  • 28:10 At Wook’s house. Jung yellow-onion-head-emoticon-14.gif?1301920886wants them all to appeal to the King.  Won blacko 13 doesn’t give a crap. Chae Ryung mouse girl 02 cries to Wook and asks for his help to save Soo.  <<<you would have thought to see some inkling of connection between Chae Ryung and Won here text-line-smiley-109.gif?1302022371….but no>>>
  • 29:33 So.... Who tries to save Soo???  Scj9UtR.pngSO…who is standing right in front of his father and demanding to be heard.argue-smiley-face.gif?1302011307 He doesn’t mince words.  King Taejo is miffed that his “sword”swordfight-smiley-face.gif?1302011431 is swinging in the wrong direction. <<<I guess he forgot the chapter about killing Wang So’s heart in the training book - see above>>>
  • 30:50 We see Soo chained-smiley-face.gif?1302011327 in pain on the prison floor again, but it’s Court Lady Oh who is looking at her this visit.  <<<wait…she looks like she is wearing Wang So’s robes??>>> There is a slow zoom to her face…biggrinumbrella-smiley-face.gif?1302011312uh oh…what’s up!
  • 31:20 CLO visits with Wook.  He asks her to step in to help.  bangin-smiley-face.gif?1302011309She throws it right back and asks why HE won’t step in and help.  Why are the men in the castle cowards!?!?! She says he will come to regret this decision.  “The one time you turned your back on her…”  <<<Uh…one time?>>>  She tells him SHE will talk to the King.  And that he is basically worthless. <<<word…mic dropnotworthy-smiley-face.gif?1302011398>>>
  • 33:30  Court Lady Oh serves tea to the King. cry teapotAnd says that SHE poisoned the Crown Prince. He knows it’s all a farce to protect Hae Soo.  She pulls out the bloody garment. And reminds him she was poisoned, lost their baby and asks “Are you going to look the other way this time too?” <<<tears>>>  He answers her with silence.surprised teapot<<<how empty that must feel>>> She tells him that she will be dying soon and that she knows he needs to protect CPM.  She asks for her to be the sacrifice.  He asks if she is throwing him away?  <<<I say it’s the other way around richard simmons!!>>>  very angry teapotWho is NOT the coward NOW!!!???
  • 38:10 fan smileySo is running with his sword. There are 2 nooses ready and waiting.  The soldiers are bringing Soo forth. She is barefoot, bloody and looking for Wook. But it’s So who is there. He tells the soldiers to move. warrior-smiley.gif?1292867696 He fights his way to her and says she is coming with him. Jimong stop-sign-smiley.gif?1292867681 comes running with a royal order declaring the real culprit has been found. Soo faint pink mouse faints into So’s arms.
  • 40:00 CLO, dressed in white, is being led out to the noose.angel3 smiley She runs into the other servants and looks around at the Damiwon. She resolves herself.  Wang So and Soo witness the arrest. Soo tries to run awayrun-around-smiley.gif?1292867665 with CLO. She begs her to run away to her hometown. And asks how she can live after this. CLO admits she is doing it for the King since she knows she won’t live long anyways.console-smiley-face.gif?1302011337
  • 44:30 Soo stumbles to the center courtyard, kneels and protests the sentence of Court Lady Oh.  sad-smiley.gif?1292867665
  • 45:40 Wook runs to see Soo, but is stopped stop-sign-smiley.gif?1292867681 by Queen Hwangbo and Yeon Hwa. This is such a dysfunctional family.  Then Queen Yoo arrivesblowup-smiley-face.gif?1302011314 to make it all worse.  
  • 48:15 Soo is still breathlessly protesting. scary-smiley.gif?1292867668All day and all night. Baek-Ah watches over her. Calls her a dummy. stupid-smiley-face.gif?1302011430He tells her that no one can help her. He wants her to be stop being stubborn but realizes she won’t.  She asks about Wook.  He doesn’t say a word.
  • 50:44 Queen Hwangbo nooo-way-smiley.gif?1292867646 actually tries to talk to King Taejo.  She is aware of his affection towards CLO.  Jimong tells the King that Hae Soo has been protesting. He warns that he will pay attention to any that come to her support. It starts to rain.umbrella-smiley.gif?1292867693
  • 51:45 CPM, Jung, Won and Baek-Ah telletubbies-smiley-face.gif?1302011432 are in the courtyard.   Jung wants to go to Soo with an umbrella. rain-smiley-face.gif?1302011412Won and CPM stop him. Jung does take a few steps out into the rain…and kneels…so does Baek-Ah and CPM.  Won…the snake…leaves with the umbrella.shakehead-smiley-face.gif?1302011421

And then the great camera pan…and song swell….there is WOOK!!! Walking towards Hae Soo.  But his bootsteps falter.  His steps retreat.  His face falls. Her face falls. He turns away….literally and figuratively. Related image whaat-smiley.gif?1292867699WHAT A richard simmons!!!! Soo is heartbroken.  wounded1-smiley-face.gif?1302011444 She stares at the floor.  Asks WHY?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKVP93lOnE

AND then HE is there….right above her….stoic and strong…offering his cloak…for protection…for support. <<<it’s not Wook coming to his senses…holy-cow-smiley.gif?1292867618 it’s WANG SO!!>>> No judgment. Just there.  respect-smiley-face.gif?1302011415Damn them all!  She sits up….under his cloak and gathers some strength.trench-coat-smiley.gif?1292867692AJzHReJ.png

• 55:50 CLO electric angle smileyand Queen Yoo evil smiley meet . Queen Yoo tells her that she is getting her wish.  That she wanted to see her die. electric smileyCLO tells her that she hasn’t won anything. hypocrite1-smiley-face.gif?1302011380

The bells toll. And that damn death song starts to play….<<<<cry smileytears>>> We see the faces of the ones left behind. We see the life leave her hanging body.  hung-smiley-face.gif?1302011379We see the King actually falter. blink-smiley-face.gif?1302011313He does have a soul.  We see Soo fall apart.  crybaby-smiley-face.gif?1302011339We see So try to console her. consoling smileyAnd hold her while she is in deep pain.

She says right here….she wishes she could wake up and not remember all of this. <<<foreshadowing>>>

And then…the PREVIEW….

OMG…Hae Soo is to be sent away to be a laundry maid.  But we see that Baek-Ah and Wook find her. We also see that So desires Soo…leans in for a kiss kissing-smiley-face.gif?1302011384and asks for marriage…WHAT??? vibrate-smiley-face.gif?1302011438There is a brief glimpse of the King, looking like he is stabbed…and then both So and Wook saying they want to be King. 

OH WTF!!!  I remember being like….BRING IT ON!!! Hurry up!!  specool-smiley-face.gif?1302011427 How can SOO not be falling hard for So?!?! There is going to be some happy and love happening…right>!?!?! Right??? yesss crazy rabbit Isn’t there??? 

• Like 5

MLSHR Episode 11 Review Part I

This won´t be an easy one, there’s so much I want to say. Also, I’m not sure if I can do full justice to the episode, because to me this is THE EPISODE. But as I need to start with something, I will do it with a longer than usual section of things not So related that I liked.

Things that I liked not So related:

1)  Yeon Hwa. Yes I’m talking about evil and disgusting YH. I never thought I would say this, but I liked her not only once but twice in this episode.

-First, I think she made a smart decision by taking the poisoned tea (or faking it!). She managed to divert all suspicions from her and help So. (If not for YH, Soo would still be helplessly crying for help and So would be dead). Kudos to YH.

-Second, I love when she said to the snake these lines:

Yeon Hwa: You have already turned your back on her. It isn't like you can't do it twice.

In your face Wook!!!

2) IU. All around the episode she gave a strong performance. And she was brilliant on the cave scene (more on this soon). You know what else I love? When Wook visited Soo in jail, the first thing she did was asking about So.

3) Court Lady Oh. How much I love her? She shines in every scene she’s in. I can´t praise her enough (the character and the actress who plays her). But I like to highlight two scenes:

-Her conversation with the snake. She said all the things we were thinking all along:

CLO: Why is it that you cannot stand up for her yourself? You said you loved her.

CLO: I suppose it may have something to do with succession to the throne. The reason men in the royal family become cowards is always the same.

CLO: You could not save anyone, Your Highness.

Spoiler

XVkkYYz.gif

In your face again Wook!!! All she said was so true.

-Cave Scene. This scene is daebak! It always makes me cry like a baby. The acting is superb. The emotions are great. You could feel the love between those 2. CLO is decided to give her life in order to save her daughter, but Soo is desperate because she knows that she can´t live after being the cause of CLO’s death. The tragedy hits you in full force. It’s beautiful yet terrible to watch!

Hae Soo: You said we should go to your hometown. Let's go now. If you say we should go... I will go anywhere.

As always, Soo change of heart happened a little too late…

Hae Soo: You're dying in my place! Then... then what am I supposed to do? How will I live?

Spoiler

TpdVpYs.jpg

Sadly we know how she lived… everything I loved about Soo disappeared. Her cheerful nature, her spunk…

Spoiler

uB654jZ.gif

CLO: I'm fine. I also protected what I wanted to protect. Now I need to pay for it. I have no regrets.

Spoiler

IFZD4DE.gif

As always happenned in this drama, we can remember those exact words from before, when Soo cut her arm in order to save herself.

I wish CLO would have stayed longer!!! She was so upright, so honest, so smart, so good.

Queen Yoo: You are a nameless court lady who no one will remember once you die.

CLO: It's enough for me if one person remembers me.

Spoiler

BZoo58g.gif

I think many of us that will remember her… 

Spoiler

728t5Be.jpg

Now for So:

We start suffering with So while he’s enduring the pain of being poisoned

Spoiler

qn941AZ.gif

CdpCWZh.jpg

Plhh1qP.jpg

I know I already said that JG is superb in this scene but I think it won’t do any harm to say it again…

Spoiler

LqnxJ5E.jpg

I love the sequence when he’s following Soo, the blurred image, the spitted blood, the falling to the floor… Soo holding So, So only caring for Soo’s safety and on a very shallow note, Beautiful So mouth covered with blood

Spoiler

EgDLb3B.gif

3e92Itr.jpg

FVEHnaR.jpg

KVKdzbM.gif

I love this image so much…

OMsDkBT.jpg

Beauty in motion…

Spoiler

dY6QMHP.gif

I love to see the brothers worrying about So. And I love how we could see that So is in pain even when unconscious

Spoiler

vBU9xZi.jpgdKSuT7O.jpg

HpYrYin.gif

All that So cares about is Soo.

MX7mniv.jpg 

So: That girl... she's alone. 

Spoiler

XCYYEbQ.gif

So gives the snake the chance to save Soo but we all know what happens. The snake chooses family and his own safety

Spoiler

9J18PIO.jpgfOQjava.jpg

DAdSAcT.jpg

Jail Scene… to this day I can´t decide if I love this scene better or not than Rain Scene. But since the first moment I saw it I knew it would be one of my favorite scenes ever. I fall in love with the music, with the way they only cared for each other, with the way they don´t need to say things out loud to understand each other… it was a beautiful bittersweet scene. It was love. How couldn´t Soo notice that it was love…

Jd4EScq.jpg

Spoiler

LXDKiRU.jpg

pzGVdo3.jpg

yaJFcwo.jpg

RmNHk2i.jpg

yBQYYhR.jpg

fvzMxLg.jpg

PTWukqR.jpg

QCWygrY.jpg

Spoiler

Soo: I knew it. I knew you wouldn't die.

So: Of course not. It's going to take more than that.

Soo: You knew it was poisoned. Did you drink it because you knew I would be under suspicion for serving the tea?

So: That's nonsense. I'm not a pathetic man who drinks poison because of a girl.

Soo: Why did you do it? If you act so stubborn... do you think my feelings will change?

Soo: <What am I that you would put your life on the line for me? If you do this, it becomes harder for me to turn away from you, Your Highness.>

So: Just don't run away. You really know how to cause me problems. We both managed to survive and not die. So I know we'll meet out here soon.

M6YPCoJ.gif1ztysRI.gif

Soo: Gosh... I don't know what to do with you.

XDHNTUu.gif

So: You too.

ydUvwFW.gif

Soo: Listen to the doctor and receive your treatment well. Don't be walking around like this. You don't have to come back here again, all right?

7AMWQEW.gifL3ecGU1.gif

So: Always lecturing.

jwkKh4U.gif

rnatEPQ.gif

To be continued....

All gifs credit to uploader

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everyone

I want to say one thing I hated in this drama is that Wang Wook Baek A and Choi Ji Mong abandoned Wang So.  Why did that have to happen????  :bawling::bawling::bawling:  The chinese version The Emperror still had his best friend by side, why couldn't they have it like this in the end.  Baek A forgave Wang Wook in the end. 

• Like 3

MLSHR Episode 11 Review Part II

After Moo, So is the only one to stand before the king to plead for Soo’s life. But when Moo was soft and weak, So is strong and defiant.

Spoiler

J6Q64Ey.jpgqk24WM6.jpgn4p8Utc.jpg

HYsTxcc.jpg

When everything else failed So only resource was using his sword. What was he planning to do next? I’m sure he didn´t think about it. He just needed Soo to be safe. It was kind of sad that when Soo noticed that she was going to die all she could think was Wook, but instead of the snake it was So who came for her…

abuF5PA.gif

Spoiler

54bhJOr.gif

j5zDECq.jpgnXAY70F.jpg

Soo and So came back to the Damiwon just to witness CLO going to jail to be executed in Soo’s stead. And then came Cave Scene… and my heart breaks once more

Spoiler

ydXsekd.gif 

hF4Kyal.jpgKvlojfh.jpgmc83VnH.jpg

CFbqpzb.jpg

Soo is doing her protest to the King because she can´t just wait and see CLO dying for her and doing nothing about it. Even when she knew her efforts would be fruitless. While the good princes and Jung support HS from afar, Wook turns his back on a still hopeful Soo. We could see Soo broke a little more as the snake walks away… and then came So.

Spoiler

62GhIzK.gifl81NLFz.gifMXvScrs.gifZGHBEDO.gif
47m0rlL.gif
0vetq34.gif

Not saying a word. He’s standing for her, giving her full support and strength, covering her from the rain, risking his life for disobeying the King’s order.  

Spoiler

geMd8U4.jpgQ3h8vJk.jpgv3JOrh4.jpgqwWBICM.jpgFjPngNS.jpgaynG4WB.jpg7Q5oud3.jpg

It is love Soo, unconditional love, how could you still not see it!? But you must have feel it, because you were able to put yourself together again.

The way he looks at her… is there anything more beautiful than this?

eptUhki.gif

The final moment for CLO came and we see everyone falter… and Soo falling in despair.

Spoiler

HDQLzOG.jpg1EsvFuz.jpgHALS789.jpg

IJ9besM.gif

Soo: If I had known someone would die because of me... I would not have been so greedy to live again.

Spoiler

DjDYP6C.jpgHXJAY0P.jpg

But So is there for her. Holding her…

Spoiler

yGpLxdJ.jpgRQyW7tJ.jpgUjNeIyY.jpg

EJMPHu1.jpg

… The way he caresses her cheek…

Spoiler

jUFTOmx.gif

qkaAhH5.jpgJkU31rN.jpg

rUlozwV.jpg

I cried my heart out…

Spoiler

kTXQ28z.giftIShqdw.gif

cg72tG8.gifmr1MUBX.gif

6Qv2OmB.gif99RjPXv.gif

After so much aching I was left devastated. I remember the first time I watched the drama I was naïve enough to think that Rain Scene would be a turning point. After the snake left Soo and after So showed his unconditional love for Soo, of course Soo was going to stop loving Wook and will acknowledge her feelings for So. Stupid me… I spent a whole week waiting for episode 12 and hoping in vain.

LH1no9R.jpg

But not everything is sadness and pain. Thankfully we had Batman JG to bring a smile to our faces…

Spoiler

31p3Uk0.gif

All gifs credit to uploaders

I will come soon to comment on @pixelsticks emoji review

• Like 6

I must say the shading her from the rain and standing with her was so absolutely touching. In a way it was a turning point in her relationship with wook. Maybe she wasn't ready to love So but she realised that wook wasnt there for her. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

MLSHR Episode 11 Review Part I

This won´t be an easy one, there’s so much I want to say. Also, I’m not sure if I can do full justice to the episode, because to me this is THE EPISODE.

Yes...this is THE EPISODE!!!

(If not for YH, Soo would still be helplessly crying for help and So would be dead). Kudos to YH.

I never thought of it that way.  I thought that somehow he still could have gotten medical attention. Question:  JiMong seemed to know the dastardly plots that were happening in the castle...how come he wasn't aware of this one?  Or was he?

IU. All around the episode she gave a strong performance. And she was brilliant on the cave scene (more on this soon). You know what else I love? When Wook visited Soo in jail, the first thing she did was asking about So.

Hahah I knew you would love that. 

Court Lady Oh. How much I love her? She shines in every scene she’s in. I can´t praise her enough (the character and the actress who plays her).

Her portrayal was a bonus for this series.  I was actually watching Healer in between waiting for the next MLSHR episodes and Woo Hee Jin is a force in that series as well.  I'd actually love for her to star with LJG in something.  

As always, Soo change of heart happened a little too late…

Ahhh....this sentence is the reason I am so frustrated with the Soo character. But it gives us drama...doesn't it. 

Jail Scene… to this day I can´t decide if I love this scene better or not than Rain Scene. But since the first moment I saw it I knew it would be one of my favorite scenes ever. I fall in love with the music, with the way they only cared for each other, with the way they don´t need to say things out loud to understand each other… it was a beautiful bittersweet scene. It was love. How couldn´t Soo notice that it was love…

This Episode does contain 2 of the most iconic scenes. How this didn't bring in tons of viewers, I'll never understand! <<<probably the same way I couldn't understand how Soo wouldn't fall for So>>>

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I want to say one thing I hated in this drama is that Wang Wook Baek A and Choi Ji Mong abandoned Wang So.  Why did that have to happen????  :bawling::bawling::bawling:

I think the decision was to end this on a complete tragedy arc.  Everyone left Wang So/Gwangjong at the end.  CPM and Eun die. Yo & Yoo die. The General, JiMong, Soo, BaekAh & Wook leave him. Even Yeon Hwa hated him at the end. The only salve was the brief meeting with Jung and his daughter, where you know that he might get the chance to see both of them in the castle. Even the last sentence spoken was such an emotional set-up....for utter frustration when the future scene WAS NOT SHOWN!!

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

When everything else failed So only resource was using his sword. What was he planning to do next? I’m sure he didn´t think about it. He just needed Soo to be safe. It was kind of sad that when Soo noticed that she was going to die all she could think was Wook, but instead of the snake it was So who came for her…

I was like "OK Soo...this is Reason 47 why you should be giving So your heart!"

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

After so much aching I was left devastated. I remember the first time I watched the drama I was naïve enough to think that Rain Scene would be a turning point. After the snake left Soo and after So showed his unconditional love for Soo, of course Soo was going to stop loving Wook and will acknowledge her feelings for So. Stupid me… I spent a whole week waiting for episode 12 and hoping in vain.

And hoping the next 4 episodes would have me witness the building of happy new love. I still expected this show to destroy it by Episodes 17 - 20, but I wanted my happy love to hold on to before that happened.  You do NOT know how many pillows were thrown at the TV these next couple of weeks. 

Episode 11 was such an emotional one, so it's fun to watch the Behind the Scenes where Wook, So & BaekAh were cracking up during the filming. 

• Like 5

Oh man that bts was so cool. My k drama is quite limited.

Goblin. Coffee Prince. Big. All of gong yoo movies. Then I watched Bride of habaek and weightlifting fairy... So I really only watched MLSHR coz of nam joo hyuk. Was praying he wasnt killed early. Twas bitter sweet. That he was at the end but with what left? Anyway I entered for NJH and left this series being a Hajunse.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2018 at 1:51 AM, pixelsticks said:

MLSHR Episode 11 – Dramafever Directors Cut

• 0:00 It starts with that mole…wait…those bangs…wait…those eyes…wait…those hands…drinking from that poisoned cup of tea….unknowingly poisoned by Soo.  Those glances.  I am still questioning whether the King knew that Wang So was going to be poisoned. crazy monkey 101I’m starting to feel he did.

I never thought the king knew... have to rewacth his reaction... i only had eyes for wang so

• OH…to win THIS black robe???....faintdead onion head>>>

Now i want it too!

• JiMong smoking2 onion head let ’s us know that the poison couldn’t have been detected by Court Ladies <<<no-brain-smiley.gif?1292867644huh?>>>

I never understood this part

• and that the General had trained So to handle poisons otherwise he would be a dead man right now. <<<I’m imagining So’s training right now…ok…Chapter 1: Send him to our enemies to abuse and lock up, now Chapter 2: throw him into a cave and make him kill all the wild animals to survive….now Chapter 3: slowly poison him until he builds up a tolerance…Chapter 4: Only allow him to see his father from afar delivering new masks. reading-smiley.gif?1292867661Pages from the “How to Kill Wang So…or make him into King Gwangjong in 25 Years or less>>>

So true!

•  Wook makes a promise…another one…that he won’t keep.disgust-smiley-face.gif?1302011342

i lost count of his broken promises a long long time ago..

• 19:28  MY FAVE SCENE EVER!!! You DON’T know HOW MANY times I REPLAYED this one.  

Same here!!! or is it rain scene

<<<wait…she looks like she is wearing Wang So’s robes??>>>

:lol:

• 31:20 CLO visits with Wook.  He asks her to step in to help.  bangin-smiley-face.gif?1302011309She throws it right back and asks why HE won’t step in and help.  Why are the men in the castle cowards!?!?! She says he will come to regret this decision.  “The one time you turned your back on her…”  <<<Uh…one time?>>>  She tells him SHE will talk to the King.  And that he is basically worthless. <<<word…mic dropnotworthy-smiley-face.gif?1302011398>>>

She just rocks... and the snake is just a snake

• He turns away….literally and figuratively. Related image whaat-smiley.gif?1292867699

Best use of a gif!

• AND then HE is there….right above her….stoic and strong…offering his cloak…for protection…for support. <<<it’s not Wook coming to his senses…holy-cow-smiley.gif?1292867618 it’s WANG SO!!>>> No judgment. Just there.  respect-smiley-face.gif?1302011415Damn them all!  She sits up….under his cloak and gathers some strength.trench-coat-smiley.gif?1292867692

My heart just races just readiing it! 

• hung-smiley-face.gif?1302011379We see the King actually falter. blink-smiley-face.gif?1302011313He does have a soul. 

Every time i saw the drama i like the king less.. no simphaties for him

OH WTF!!!  I remember being like….BRING IT ON!!! Hurry up!!  specool-smiley-face.gif?1302011427 How can SOO not be falling hard for So?!?! There is going to be some happy and love happening…right>!?!?! Right??? yesss crazy rabbit Isn’t there??? 

I guess we never learn with this drama...

14 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I never thought of it that way.  I thought that somehow he still could have gotten medical attention. Question:  JiMong seemed to know the dastardly plots that were happening in the castle...how come he wasn't aware of this one?  Or was he?

i think he did't knew... or maybe he was willing to risk So's life for Moo's sake

Her portrayal was a bonus for this series.  I was actually watching Healer in between waiting for the next MLSHR episodes and Woo Hee Jin is a force in that series as well.  I'd actually love for her to star with LJG in something.  

I loved her in Healer too!

Ahhh....this sentence is the reason I am so frustrated with the Soo character. But it gives us drama...doesn't it. 

you are right.. and in the end the drama got us hooked!

This Episode does contain 2 of the most iconic scenes. How this didn't bring in tons of viewers, I'll never understand! <<<probably the same way I couldn't understand how Soo wouldn't fall for So>>>

I will never understand korean viewers... or Soo

And hoping the next 4 episodes would have me witness the building of happy new love. I still expected this show to destroy it by Episodes 17 - 20, but I wanted my happy love to hold on to before that happened.  You do NOT know how many pillows were thrown at the TV these next couple of weeks. 

i was hoping for some happiness too! their happy moments were so short.. they tortured us

Episode 11 was such an emotional one, so it's fun to watch the Behind the Scenes where Wook, So & BaekAh were cracking up during the filming. 

Thank you i really needed it!

8 hours ago, zakz said:

Oh man that bts was so cool. My k drama is quite limited.

Goblin. Coffee Prince. Big. All of gong yoo movies. Then I watched Bride of habaek and weightlifting fairy... So I really only watched MLSHR coz of nam joo hyuk. Was praying he wasnt killed early. Twas bitter sweet. That he was at the end but with what left? Anyway I entered for NJH and left this series being a Hajunse.

Love to read your experience!

• Like 3

We have a spring weather although it's summer in my part of the world so i played the drama. Yes, it's one of my background sound/drama/music when doing household chores (if the kids are around but if they're not i usually play fifty shades of grey). No, i am not a masochist or into such either. Anyway,  I was at the laundry room unloading the clothes from the washer to the dryer when i heard Soo saying "it's not over for me yet (Ep 16)", i stopped but i didn't cry anymore instead i wiped my runny nose using a shirt from the clean laundry pile. Aghhhhhh. I didn't cry unlike before but it can still make me kind of forget. One less clean clothes, eh?

I noticed some MLSHR virgins newbies and i only have one advice: watch it at your own risk. But, it's worth it. Well, at least to me. Welcome to the MLSHR world  thread! :heart:

• Like 3

On 12.01.2018 at 4:14 AM, antoniaclamens said:

The way he looks at her… is there anything more beautiful than this?

Errrr... let me think... NO! admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

Hello ladies! I promised to come her to discuss with you the drama (or what's left to watch). I still neet to catch up 'cause I stopped at episode 9 but no worries - it will be a pleasure. 

Just quick note - the drama catches my heart and holds it firmly. The love story is touching and no matter how many times I saw it I still watch it with a bit of curiosity and big doze of heart warming / heart breaking. 

I must admit something - I can't stand Woo Hee. She irritates me. Therefore... I skip her scenes (will do an exception for the scene of the attack), even if it means I'll skip price Baek Ah too (who I really really really like). Sorry, I watched her few times and that's enough - I like neither the character nor actress (not personally, just how she acts). Please don't think it's bashing her or something - it's only an observation. 

• Like 3

Ok ladies! I caught up with watching so I'm just after watching episode 11. Oh my... the final of the story of concubine Oh and the king... it could be a really good drama, actually, don't you think? But I don't know if I'd survive it. This short version made me cry like a baby. :( 

Queen Yoo is real beach ( tounge-smiley.gif?1292867691 ). There are no words in dictionary of cultural people which could describe her. She's pure evil. I wonder if they had axes in Goryeo. I really can't wait the scene when she finally will suffer. Oh lord... so much waiting! 

Anyway the rain scene... If anyone had doubts who among princes has the biggest balls... no more doubts I believe! Jung and Baek Ah knelt down but in the place no one seen or cared. I won't comment Wook. Concubine Oh said to him that they all are cowards when it comes to the throne. Yeon Hwa was right - he wants the throne. He just pretends (even before himself) he doesn't.

And this is the moment when Hae Soo should stop loving Wook. If I remember correctly this will last a bit longer no idea why - he let her down so many times, promised so many things and didn't do any of them, finally he turned himself away from her in the moment of need... WHY she still loved him?! C'mon love can't be THAT blind! furious-smiley.gif?1292867601

The sweeter will be moments when she'll be totally in to So. I can't wait.  :wub: 

• Like 2

FANGIRLING Observations (which might be inappropriate for this thread), RANTS,  PICSPAM and definitely-not-a-review-thingy of MLSHR – Episode 11 - Part 1

I apologize in advance for subjecting you guys to my lifeless FANGIRLING, PIC SPAM, RANTINGS and for reposting the pictures and gifs that @antoniaclamens has already posted. I’m afraid that I was not able to do any justice to this episode which changes it all.

On 1/11/2018 at 11:51 AM, pixelsticks said:

0:00 It starts with that mole…wait…those bangs…wait…those eyes…wait…those hands…drinking from that poisoned cup of tea….unknowingly poisoned by Soo.  Those glances.  I am still questioning whether the King knew that Wang So was going to be poisoned. I’m starting to feel he did.

I don’t think that the king knew anything about poisoning. He looked surprised when So wanted to toast CPM. If So hadn’t interfered CPM would have definitely been poisoned, right? The king would not want that to happen, would he?

Random observation: such a nice painting in the background with a full moon and trees.

2:00 Wang So excuses himself  and somehow manages to walk away.

Random observation: okay, what is Yoo mumbling there? No translation/ subtitles for that. I couldn’t catch the words either. confused onion head

The cinematography, the shallow depth of field, the amazing physical acting by JG

There are no words to describe the perfection that is JG’s Wang So! love you crazy rabbit

3:05  Wang So  stumbles behind Soo…trying to reach her.

So’s eyes do not leave Soo even when he can barely walk – he cannot even stand properly. His condition worsens; his vision fades; unconsciously his hand tries to reach for her. He sprays blood which Soo hears. She turns back and sees a staggering So who is bent into two. Even when he falls down, his eyes are on her and he continues to stare at her. Soo certainly did not expect this. She does not care about rules or decorum – she throws away the tray and runs to him. Her instincts take over – she cradles his head in her arms. She is scared and calls for help.

Spoiler

tumblr_oe649d20VQ1uffrfbo1_400.gif

tumblr_oe649d20VQ1uffrfbo2_400.gif

tumblr_oe649d20VQ1uffrfbo3_400.gif

tumblr_oe67agXtn61rvpnp8o1_1280.gif

tumblr_oe67agXtn61rvpnp8o4_1280.gif

tumblr_oe649d20VQ1uffrfbo5_400.gif

SFTXk1D.gif

So holds her hand to get her attention. He orders her to be quiet; his voice – so weak, he can barely speak; he uses all the energy left in him to tell her to leave him there and get out of that place. Her safety is more important for him than his own life.

Spoiler

EGFOgTa.png

ntmXHEb.png

He loses consciousness. Soo is out of her mind with worry; her friend, her confidante; the only person who is always there for her is dying in front of her which causes her to panic. She does not even seem to register what he said and continues to shout for help.

Spoiler

EvsruvU.png

sFlSspp.png

uGqGDxN.png

rNvZR4k.png

:25 How can something so pretty be so vile? And manipulative. But then again. Yeon Hwa gets what she  wants…and gives Wook what he wants.

YH also wants to toast. She takes the same teapot from which So drank earlier. Yoo is alarmed; she is confused of YH’s intentions. YH wants the king to allow snake Wook to remarry. As always, snake Wook stumbles with his answers. He says there is “someone in Goryeo” that he wants to marry and the king allows it. The coward does not have the courage to say that “someone’s” name.

YH pretends to drink – smart lady – and Yoo looks really worried for a moment. She falls down, breaks the teapot “accidentally” and contorts her face. Yoo understands YH’s plan; she jumps up and says “It’s poison”. YH in "pain" wonders about So with her bloodied mouth making BA run in search of So.

YH is determined to carry on with the plan. She will achieve her goals somehow; by any means necessary. She is smart and adapts to the situation. Even Yoo was quiet after only So falls victim to her plan. But YH on the other hand, wants to gain all of her preferred goals.

Random observation: If YH hadn’t drank the tea, no one would have known about a poisoned So; Soo wouldn’t have been accused and tortured; CLO wouldn’t have died and perhaps Soo wouldn’t have known about snake Wook's cowardice this quickly either. What would have happened then? confused onion headSo many possibilities…

Soo is still screaming for help and still has him in her lap.

Random observation: No, really, where is everyone? This is a palace – there should be plenty of guards here. So why isn’t anyone coming when they hear someone shouting? confused onion head

BA comes running and informs her that So is poisoned. Blood is still spilling from So’s mouth. They carry him to the doctor and BA and CPM follow. My mighty, brave, fierce warrior So looks like a rag doll here, it breaks my heart. :tears:

Soo also wants to go with So but stopped by JM. Slimy Won accuses her and orders the guards to arrest her. Jung protests to this.

Observation: Okay, so let’s see: Jungs’s own brother who he shares his parents with is almost dead, but he doesn’t follow him to the doctor while So’s half-brothers, BA and CPM run after him. Even Soo, who is just a “friend” to So is worried to death and wants to be with him. But Jung doesn’t move a muscle. It is true that Jung came with the others but he stays back just like slimy Won. Is his hatred for So that big? Doesn’t he care about So at all? Why??!!

8:34  The Doctor is with Yeon Hwa

Obviously the doctor would have sensed that there is nothing wrong in YH’s pulse. Why was he telling things – is it because he suspected of something already?

Random observation: why isn’t YH sleeping on a bed – why a mattress on the floor? The way she opens her eyes and sits up, she looks like an undead. :ph34r:

9:58 Another doctor is tending to an unconscious So.

So is still unconscious and moans in pain; he looks so restless. He breathes with difficulty and struggles to swallow the medicine. :tears:

Observation: Let me be shallow for a moment here: JG looks so, so beautiful – those lips and nose and his hand!love you crazy rabbit And the subtle lifting of eyebrows and nose and those nose flares and noisy breathing!! :wub: It’s not fair that he looks this beautiful and good when he is supposed to be poised and unconscious!!!

We get the answer for the question how they could not detect the poison when they tested – it would not be caught easily in a test.

Thankfully, the general not only taught him martial arts, he has even trained So’s body to be tolerant of poison. Why did the general go to that extent in training So? Was he expecting great things from So? Did he do it with the knowledge of the king?

BA is worried about So. CPM is ashamed of himself about always putting So in danger in his stead. JM wonders why So continued to drink even after knowing it was poisoned. BA gets suspicious and asks all the right questions. JM correctly suspects that So would have known who the culprit is.

Pages from the “How to Kill Wang So…or make him into King Gwangjong in 25 Years or less>>>

I don’t think there would have been a “make him into King Gwangjong in 25 Years or less” part in the King’s mind. crazy monkey 025 He cares only about making CPM the king!

11:30  So who was Wang So trying to protect?

Who else would it be other than the centre of So’s universe; his love; the person he values more than his own life?

Soo…sitting in fetal position in the prison cell.

The cell is very small but Soo looks even smaller inside it. She trembles in fear of the unknown. Snake Wook comes to visit her. When she sees who has come, Soo runs to the gate. Her hands are still coated in dried blood of So. Snake Wook touches her hand with hesitation.

What it the very first question she asks snake Wook? Soo asks “How is So?” with that question his hand leaves hers. She gets worried even more when snake Wook remains silent. “Nothing bad happened to him, right?” she implores him. “It couldn’t have. He isn’t someone who would die so easily, right?” she questions him teary eyed and breathless with worry. She heaves a sigh and relaxes only when snake Wook tells her that So is safe. He tells this expressionless and he is very much annoyed with her. He tells her to worry about herself first and informs her that she might be tortured.

She is scared but assures him that she is prepared for the torture and tells him to not worry.

Observation: Again and again, how many times has she not revealed her true feeling and fears to him? She always wants to show only her bright, happy side to him; she never shared her worries with him. How does one even prepared themselves for torture – especially when they are from the 21st century and probably would not even have any idea of what kind of tortures existed in Goryeo? get out crazy rabbit

The Minister wants to reveal CPM’s secrets and almost gets him to do so,  when Wook prevails with some reason and actual verbal power of his own. <<<might he actually be useful???>>>

Well, we are talking about snake Wook here - who is a liar, opportunist, selfish and a self-righteous prick, so… dunno crazy rabbit

15:40  CPM is realizing how many people have to sacrifice so he can become King.

As usual, the king decides to punish some innocent person. He decides to hang Soo so that CPM’s illnss would not be exposed. Ashamed, CPM begs the king to “throw” him away and to appoint another CP.

The king refuses it, of course – he says he wants to give CPM everything. “Do you not understand your father’s heart?” he continues. get out crazy rabbit  CPM is speechless and teary eyed.

How does the king even calls himself a father – he clearly favours his first born over the others. CPM might have helped him and fought with him in the wars, but does that mean that other sons who were born later are any less? So, as long as CPM gets everything, the king is satisfied; he does not care what others have to sacrifice for this or many lives are lost. Remember the Exorcism rite? He only worried whether the CPM is hurt. He did not even spare a glance at So who was hurt because he decided to help CPM. What sort of a father does that? If a person cannot be reasonable to his own children, how could he be a good king?  get out crazy rabbit

17:10  A coughing Wang So tries to find Soo. “That girl…she’s alone.” <<<4 words that sealed my heart to SO.

Oh, my sweet Wang So!! love you crazy rabbit

So cannot even stand properly, yet he stubbornly rushes to see Soo worrying that she would be alone. He does not care about his health; his mind is on Soo and Soo alone.

Spoiler

rMw8iFI.png

The snake slithers in – “I shouldn’t have let HS get mixed up with you” he hisses. First, who is he to “allow” Soo to do anything? They are not related by marriage after MH died. What would have happened if So had not interfered when it was necessary, for example, when YH was beating Soo or when Soo, Jung and snake Wook himself were in trouble with that gang? “That is why this happened” continues snake Wook. get out crazy rabbit So drank THREE cups of poison, all the while knowing it was poisoned, kept quiet about it and walked away just so that he could save Soo and this is what happens to him – he gets blamed for the things he is not responsible, as usual.

Spoiler

akm2CGb.png

So sends away BA so that he could tell snake Wook the truth. Snake Wook doesn’t want to accept the truth when So says that he drank poison to save Soo an CPM. “You? For Hae Soo?” he asks disbelievingly. Of course it might be hard for snake Wook to believe it as such an act needs immense courage, and him, being a coward and liar, would find it hard even to imagine about it. And this might be one of the moments he figured out and confirmed that So would do anything for Soo; an information which he uses against them later. get out crazy rabbit

So want snake Wook to expose Yoo because “no one would stand up for Soo as much as you”. HA!! get out crazy rabbit Even sweet So naively trusts the selfish snake Wook. “I will definitely find evidence. I won’t leave Soo there like that” replies snake Wook. get out crazy rabbit *Blue tries to calm down.*

Observation: bless those close up shots of JG’s gloriously beautiful face. love you crazy rabbit

19:28  MY FAVE SCENE EVER!!!

This scene is LOVE personified!!! love you crazy rabbit

Soo lies on the prison floor, tortured and bloody, moaning in pain. So cannot bear to see her in such a position; his steps falter; all the sacrifices he made was wasted because of YH. The moment he comes near the gate she opens her eyes – did she feel his presence?

So gets down to her level and holds the gate, as if he is trying to reach out to her; as if he would not be able to hold himself up, not just because he is physically weak but because his heart is hurting and all his confidence is gone after seeing her in this state.

Spoiler

ioEI7lR.gif

oSHeOre.gif

6bMunVb.gif

D7NxSSB.gif

ZVqHKmS.gif

rycQXsM.gif

nJNnTbS.gif

ruVnwiQ.gif

dW5cKFR.gif

6tHVHeM.png

Observation: Isn’t it interesting to note that So got down to her level even if it’s difficult for him to stand while “some” snake chose to stand and it was Soo who had to get up and meet that “someone”.

Soo sits up and smiles at him with relief – she smiles! She can barely hold herself up and cannot even speak properly with pain but she smiles when she sees him!

Spoiler

8CC1dsz.gif

She guesses the reason of him drinking poison correctly. But of course, our mighty So denies it – “I’m not a pathetic man who drinks poison because of a girl”. He is definitely not a pathetic man – he is a very brave and caring man who would protect his loved ones somehow, even if it means sacrificing his own life.

Spoiler

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo1_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo2_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo3_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo4_250.gif       love you crazy rabbit

Soo knows the truth and knows he is lying through his teeth and he too knows that she knows the truth. They know about each other so well. She asks as if she did not hear what he said, “Why did you do it?” in a desperate voice. She calls him out and he does not have an answer; he simply looks down.

Spoiler

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo5_250.gif

She cannot but help think “If you do this, it becomes harder for me to turn away from you”! Her heart has already started to waver even without her knowledge.

He has a sad little smirk and tells her to not run away. “You really know how to cause me problems” he chides her affectionately in a caring and playful voice. He assures her that he would meet her outside. “I don’t know what to do with you” she laments. “You too” he complains back at her affectionately.

Spoiler

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo6_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo7_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo8_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo9_250.gif

tumblr_oe6zdkom1I1vg22tbo10_250.gif       love you crazy rabbit

Oh, his tiny sad smile! The look in his eyes – so soft and affectionate! I don’t know how describe it properly. Oh, my heart!! love you crazy rabbit

yQj0gZH.gif

Then she begins to advise him to take care of his health. “Always lecturing” says So adoringly. love you crazy rabbitHow do they bicker like an old married couple even in this situation?

6ltTiGI.gif

I love how even without Soo asking, So promises her that he would get her out of the prison. I love how even in this situation they are open and honest about their feelings. I love, love, love how they just know about each other. love you crazy rabbit

He looks away and tries to control his tears. His eyes move rapidly, he cannot bear to look at her; he cannot look at her and leave her all alone in the prison knowing she is in pain. But he must – there is no other option.

Now it’s Soo’s eyes which follow his movements. He leaves without telling her. He told her he would see her outside and Wang So always, always keeps his words, unlike “someone”. He strides away with determination.

The moment he leaves Soo also loses the confidence she had. It was his presence which gave her the strength and now that he is gone, she becomes weak.

Spoiler

zAo2Kvt.gif

T1MzUvJ.gif

Spoiler

hp4MaHg.gif

FvTWH2n.gif

Observation: Let me be shallow once again - JG in this scene is dazzlingly beautiful!! From his soft, affectionate gazes and smiles to those tiny sad smirks.... perfection! love you crazy rabbit He is perfect in appearance and as Wang So! love you crazy rabbit

*All image and gif credit to original uploaders.

To be continued in the next post...

• Like 3

FANGIRLING Observations (which might be inappropriate for this thread), RANTS,  PICSPAM and definitely-not-a-review-thingy of MLSHR – Episode 11 - Part 2

22:30 Wook  is following a Court Lady.

How did he know that she “the” court lady? confused onion head Or did I miss something?

Random observation: those lamps are so pretty – how have I never noticed the intricate designs in the lamps before?

Is it just me or is snake Wook’s dresses getting darker and darker in colour? Even YH is wearing black and matches with snake Wook, just like their hearts? Snake Wook takes the pin out of his headdress, doesn’t get lose?

He gets more of a shock when Yeon Hwa tells him that he has to make a choice between protecting his House (sister and Mother) or to sacrifice them all to save Soo.

YH knows the moment his hand lowers, that snake Wook would never go against her.

Snake Wook deludes himself by saying “I do not want to be a king.” But YH is having none of it. She knows about her brother too well. She is a very smart lady. But even she does not expect that snake Wook would kill that court lady – she is startled.

Spoiler

ncg5ArX.gif

Yw6aY6k.gif

Random observation: I like how there is no BGM; it is just their voice and the silence of the night. The only other sound is from the creatures of the night.

“Do with me as you wish” says snake Wook, indirectly shifting all the responsibility of his actions to YH, so he could blame her later on if things do not go the way they want to.

Remember almost the same kind of statement by So when Soo first did his makeup? Soo paved the way for So to become a great king when she did as she wished. On the other hand, when YH did what she wanted, snake Wook’s true self comes out which leads to the regicide of Moo and eventually the misery of So and Soo. get out crazy rabbit

28:10 At Wook’s house. Jung wants them all to appeal to the King. 

Random observation: I can’t help but wonder whether CR is being truthful when she begged to save Soo. Or is it some kind of ploy by slimy Won because it might seem as if snake Wook is on CPM’s side and might be a hindrance to their plans? confused onion head

29:33 So.... Who tries to save Soo??? 

By the time snake Wook is thinking about what CR said, So is already in front of the king. He questions the way the investigation was carried out. He questions the sincerity of the king himself, my brave So! He deduces that the king is trying to save CPM by making Soo the scapegoat.

Spoiler

nNvT4hZ.png

“I am using one small life to save a big life” says the king. get out crazy rabbit So this is how he decided So’s life is not “big” enough to be saved and sent him to Shinju to a vengeful Kang consort. But which “big” life did he save by ruining the childhood of So?

So is furious; “Now I see that being king means to cast people aside and beg for his own life” he spits fire. Even when the king threatens him with death So continues to argue and reason for Soo’s life.

The king calls So a “sword”; no, not an ally or even a soldier, he calls So a sword. All he cares is that CPM should be protected. He really does not care what happens to the others or to his own son So, who has always been honest and loyal.

When no amount of reasoning with the king work out, So is worried for the safety of Soo and cannot control getting teary eyed.

30:50 We see Soo chained-smiley-face.gif?1302011327 in pain on the prison floor again, but it’s Court Lady Oh who is looking at her this visit.  <<<wait…she looks like she is wearing Wang So’s robes??>>>

No, she is not wearing So’s robes.

And who is waiting for CLO when she returns? Snake Wook of course.

He asks her to “stand up” for Soo. When she refuses she cannot ask the king about Soo, “Then are you going to ignore it until it’s over? Will you leave HS to die?” questions snake Wook. get out crazy rabbit How effing dare he? What right does he have to ask her that? Did he try to stand up for Soo? He continues to emotionally blackmail CLO, “You feel like a mother to her.” At this CLO begins to cry.

But CLO is not someone who you can fool with words. She asks why he doesn’t try to save Soo if he loves her. “Even if you die you should try to save HS”. This is exactly what So just did.

Spoiler

rAgQ1nw.png

8VTUBfS.png

CLO guesses the reason, “The reason men in the royal family become cowards is always the same”. Except So, I must say. Snake Wook would regret his decision one day, warns CLO. She continues to say that turning his back on Soo will haunt his conscience forever, without knowing that he is much worse than she guessed; he is a self-righteous snake who has no conscience.

She promises that she will meet the king because she cares for Soo. She is just like So too. “You could not save anyone,” she reminds snake Wook and leaves without waiting for his permission.

Spoiler

mEwFDnm.png

mQYGAJM.png

33:30  Court Lady Oh serves tea to the King.

Random observation: everything is arranged symmetrically in the king’s bedroom; it looks like such a dark and haunted place.

Ooh, and CLO uses such pretty cups for him.

CLO is not wearing her uniform in this scene. She is giving the king the silent treatment. He begs her to speak of anything except Soo. She confesses that she is the one who poisoned CPM but even the king knows that she is trying to save Soo. She questions why he is trying to punish an innocent Soo.

Even now the king tries to defend Yoo. Why? Because her clan holds so much power? “Are you going to look the other way this time too?” asks CLO. The king’s only response is a loud sigh which indicates his powerlessness.

CLO is determined to not lose another child to Queen Yoo.

Random observation: I really like the “colouring” ( @pixelsticks, what is the correct word?) of this scene – so melancholic, lifeless as if predicting the impending doom.

When CLO tells him of her last request, he answers as “are you finally throwing me away”. get out crazy rabbit  Why does it always have to be about him? If you think about it, snake Wook is the same as his father too.

38:10 So is running with his sword.

Random observation: I wonder how many layers of clothing So wears? confused onion head

There are 2 nooses ready and waiting.  The soldiers are bringing Soo forth.

She understands what is going to happen to her only when she sees the gallows; she panics and wonders where the 8th Prince is and looks around searching for him – until the very last moment she believed that snake Wook would come to save her. But who does she see? It is none other than So, who rushes in with a sword.

Spoiler

CFwlY3a.gif

He does not care about the rules and carries a sword with him to defend Soo. Not only that, he even dares to go against the king’s orders and tries to save Soo.

When the soldiers do not move away he attacks them and goes to defend her. So and Soo lock eyes; he draws his sword.

Spoiler

tumblr_oeix6rBeXC1vf0kuvo1_540.gif

tumblr_oeix6rBeXC1vf0kuvo2_540.gif

tumblr_oeix6rBeXC1vf0kuvo3_540.gif

tumblr_oeix6rBeXC1vf0kuvo4_540.gif

Xp7lrT0.gif

JM comes running with the king’s order which cancels Soo’s punishment. Weak from her torture and overcome with relief, Soo faints but before she could fall down Soo catches her, as always.

Spoiler

bjdwi0l.gif

I don’t think I’ve said this before, but I love, love it when So calls her “Sooya”. love you crazy rabbit

40:00 CLO, dressed in white, is being led out to the noose.

Soo comes limping towards Damiwon supported by So. Both of them are shocked when they see it.

91bAKeg.gif

So comes to CLO as fast as she could. I love how So follows her and when she goes to CLO he simply turns his back to protect her from the guards – no questions asked.

Spoiler

BHJqW1Y.gif

mJulyMS.png

So and Soo don’t believe when CLO says she poisoned CPM. Soo drags her away. So understands her intentions and feelings and orders the guards to give them moment; again, he does not question Soo.

Spoiler

VsiqhmS.png

But the cave is blocked with rocks. This does not stop Soo though. Desperate to save CLO, she starts to remove the rocks. But CLO stops her. “They are just covering it all up. You’re dying in my place” screams a devastated Soo. “No, I can’t let you do this. We’re going to leave” she shouts.

Spoiler

ekZom8z.gif

But both CLO and Soo know that it is futile. There is no way to save both of them. CLO hugs ad comforts her. She holds Soo’s scarred wrist, caresses it and repeats Soo’s words to her “I also protected what I wanted to protect”. “Be careful of everything. You can’t trust anyone” she warns Soo one last time. An important warning Soo forgets. “You shouldn’t live like me” CLO implores.

Spoiler

PoRtE71.gif

ounzHlQ.gif

Ta7EmIk.gif

YKfMoNU.gif

*Blue will not talk about the later episodes* get out crazy rabbit

44:30 Soo stumbles to the center courtyard, kneels and protests the sentence of Court Lady Oh.

Random observation: I like how at the beginning of the scene Soo looks so small with the imposing palace buildings behind her; as if to show how powerless she is against the plots and plans of the wicked royal family. No, I refuse to talk about the last episodes. depressed2 onion head As the camera focuses on her gradually she does not looks small anymore; rather she looks strong in front of the insignificant buildings.

45:40 Wook runs to see Soo, but is stopped  by Queen Hwangbo and Yeon Hwa.

“You have already turned your back on her. It isn’t like you can’t do it twice” YH reminds him.

48:15 Soo is still breathlessly protesting. All day and all night.

A concerned BA comes to see her. He explains that her protest is useless and might only result in angering the king; he tells her to give up. “Rather than doing nothing, this is better” is her reply. She will try her utmost until the very last moment. Sensing he cannot persuade her to give up, being a good friend that he is, BA says he will prepare medicine for her.

Even now Soo trusts in snake Wook’s words/ promises and asks about him from BA. get out crazy rabbit Sooya, will you ever learn? Until when are you going to blindly trust that liar? calm down crazy rabbit

Jimong tells the King that Hae Soo has been protesting.

When JM informs him that Soo is kneeling for two days, he tells if anybody takes her side, he will not let that go.

51:45 CPM, Jung, Won and Baek-Ah are in the courtyard.

Soo is the only pure and pristine thing in the falling rain at the palace yard; everything else is dark and grey.

Unable to see her suffering alone in the rain, Jung also kneels down; BA follows suit. CPM too comes and stands in the rain; slimy Won leaves them. Where is Eun, though?confused onion head

Even Jung is brave enough to support Soo in a small way. But where is snake Wook who said he loves her and would save her? Oh there he is – walking towards her in the rain. Soo brightens up when she sees him, as if she gained some strength from his presence alone.

Did he finally have the courage to support her and have the conscience to keep his words? Of course not, he turns his back on her. Why come there at all if he is just going to turn back? Why give her any hope, if he knows he is unwilling to keep his words? Why? get out crazy rabbit

Soo loses whatever energy she had the moment snake Wook turns – she simply cannot process it. She cannot even kneel properly anymore; she is in despair. The only thing she can think of is “Why?” Snake Wook said he loved her, then why is he doing like this; she is confused; she feels betrayed.

I love how the deafening sound of rain becomes soft and soothing the moment So comes and shelters her.

She does not have to look at the face of the person to know who has come to support her. She regains her strength and determination. She raises and kneels under So’s protection. Will she realize who keeps his promises and will be always be on her side at least now? Will she realize what sort of a “person” snake Wook is at least now?

Spoiler

tumblr_oe69kewiYT1qgzpr7o2_400.gif

tumblr_oe69kewiYT1qgzpr7o1_400.gif

tumblr_oe69kewiYT1qgzpr7o3_400.gif  

tumblr_oe69kewiYT1qgzpr7o4_400.gif     love you crazy rabbit

Random observation: I just noticed the upper part (?) of So’s cape – it has such a pretty design.

90bGy9K.gif

repQp72.png

VmPTvpu.png

9jLZRt3.jpg

So’s face is without any emotions; he knows he has defied the king’s order by taking Soo’s side; he knows that he would have to face the consequences of his disobedience. He does not care about what would happen to him – what he cares about is Soo’s wellbeing.

Spoiler

x3jUTbz.gif

sKfngja.gif

Observation: It is interesting to note that while Soo is sheltered from rain by So, So is getting drenched. There is no one to protect him; he too is weakened by poison but he will always be her protector and source of strength. love you crazy rabbit

55:50 CLO and Queen Yoo  meet .

CLO is the real queen here. “Please have a long and healthy life” says CLO sarcastically, for she knows how lonely it is going to be for Yoo. Oh, and the way she smirks after she says it! Even Yoo knows it; she loses her condescending smile.  She had to say that she is the queen as if to remind herself what is important to her.

Spoiler

5Y1mjVU.gif

5YyG0BN.gif

RsdEghu.gif

The Death Song begins. “It’s enough for me if one person remembers me” wishes CLO. :tears:

The bells toll.

Soo panics; her protest did not work out obviously; she wants to go to CLO; she does not have any strength; she flails; So’s restrains her; overcome with grief, Soo becomes unconscious. So makes sure to catch her from falling. “Sooya”, he pleads her.

Spoiler

QIkZdU1.gif

nIuWDnf.gif

tumblr_oe7ncjzhTB1qcn1apo1_400.gif

tumblr_oe7ncjzhTB1qcn1apo2_400.gif

tumblr_oe7ncjzhTB1qcn1apo3_400.gif

YFaVkvi.gif

PB7a1UQ.gif

Observation: I love how So caresses Soo’s face. He is holding and caressing her as if she is fragile; as if she is the most precious thing to him ever – which she is. In black and white they look like yin and yang – they complete each other. love you crazy rabbit

Spoiler

7MKINYI.gif

Rf9qd0x.gif

lBA0Asv.gif

Observation: “I wish this were all a dream. I wish I could wake up and not remember any of this” thinks Soo. shock2 onion head Isn’t it almost the same thing she says in the last episode – that she wishes to forget everyone and everything??!!! get out crazy rabbit

There is going to be some happy and love happening…right>!?!?! Right??? yesss crazy rabbit Isn’t there??? 

Uh, yeah... um... of course, the will be “some” happy and love happening; some. depressed2 onion head Oh, how naive we were! desperate2 onion head

As always, thank you @pixelsticksfor making my life brighter and easier by posting your emoji reviews. love you crazy rabbit And I love the way you've used the snake emojis. good job onion head

And here are some BTS pictures to brighten things up, so that we can go through the torture that is MLSHR.

Spoiler

2hcLvMm.jpg

J0s6a9g.jpg

Pv36nKv.jpg

*All image and gif credit to original uploaders.

• Like 3

On 1/12/2018 at 3:44 PM, zakz said:

Anyway I entered for NJH and left this series being a Hajunse.

Hahahhehehe.  Gotta love Kdramas for letting us discover more gorgeous male (& female) humans! 

On 1/13/2018 at 12:26 AM, antoniaclamens said:

i think he did't knew... or maybe he was willing to risk So's life for Moo's sake

He really did love Moo....

On 1/13/2018 at 12:26 AM, antoniaclamens said:

their happy moments were so short.. they tortured us

Yup yup yup

On 1/13/2018 at 2:54 AM, Issabella said:

Yes, it's one of my background sound/drama/music when doing household chores

I still cannot listen to the music without crying...kudos to you!  And yes...Beware MLSHR newbie virgins, torture is ahead

On 1/13/2018 at 5:22 PM, cedarwood said:

I can't stand Woo Hee. She irritates me.

I do think this storyline could have been dropped. Instead improve BA & Soo/So scenes.  Just have the stupid Minister be the bad guy in this storyline. The "stabbing" of the King was a non-event really anyways. 

23 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Oh my... the final of the story of concubine Oh and the king... it could be a really good drama, actually, don't you think? But I don't know if I'd survive it. This short version made me cry like a baby. :( 

Oh so right!  It has all the makings of a devastating melodrama. And then I'd probably hate the King even more though. 

And this is the moment when Hae Soo should stop loving Wook. If I remember correctly this will last a bit longer no idea why - he let her down so many times, promised so many things and didn't do any of them, finally he turned himself away from her in the moment of need... WHY she still loved him?! C'mon love can't be THAT blind! furious-smiley.gif?1292867601

Yes....why the writing didn't go along with this thought?  I don't know.  It DROVE ME BONKERS. 

The sweeter will be moments when she'll be totally in to So. I can't wait.  :wub: 

Which I feel was all of 20 minutes...

2 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

But Jung doesn’t move a muscle. It is true that Jung came with the others but he stays back just like slimy Won. Is his hatred for So that big? Doesn’t he care about So at all? Why??!!

To me...he is still this young impressionable, quick to judgment, quick to make wrong decisions, not fully utilizing his frontal lobe type of Prince. Yes, he has his moments where he wants to do "right" (bring Umbrella to Soo, make sure she doesn't get in trouble leaving the castle) but he is also afraid and impulsive and goes with what he has been told. To side with So would be to go against his mother and all he has known. That would be a big leap for him. 

perhaps Soo wouldn’t have known about snake Wook's cowardice this quickly either. What would have happened then? confused onion head

But this didn't seem to really change her desire/affection for Wook...except that she was in a deep depression, and didn't feel worthy.

He cares only about making CPM the king!

Yes....until later...when he has a chat with JiMong and Soo...then it makes you wonder if he had a long succession plan in action.

Random observation: why isn’t YH sleeping on a bed – why a mattress on the floor? The way she opens her eyes and sits up, she looks like an undead. :ph34r:

It was kinda abrupt and a bit almost humorous.  But then again...it's not her house...it's the castle.  They treated her in the first room available???

3 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

She is scared but assures him that she is prepared for the torture and tells him to not worry.

Soo constantly wants Wook not to worry.  I think her affection towards him is based on noticing how much he has to handle and how it affects him.  So she's like his Florence Nightengale and tries to ease his worries...because that is the way she knows will make him happy. 

Blue tries to calm down.*

I can tell by the amount of chair throwing gifs....that you need a break from Wookie! hahahah

Observation: Isn’t it interesting to note that So got down to her level even if it’s difficult for him to stand while “some” snake chose to stand and it was Soo who had to get up and meet that “someone”.

Yes.....yes....

She calls him out and he does not have an answer; he simply looks down.

I think he did have an answer, but he knows she is not ready to hear it or believe it right then. That is also why he says...I don't know what to do with you.  I'm sure So doesn't have a lot of experience dealing with affection, but I'm sure he has figured out that she's not where he is in terms of the love connection. But he never stops trying. 

Oh, his tiny sad smile! The look in his eyes – so soft and affectionate!

THIS....made me search all Lee Joon Gi content/romance scenes/etc because DAMN!!! Who IS this guy/actor??!?!?!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluelilac1214 said:

“Do with me as you wish”

This show had a fair amount of similar sentences by characters.  Whereas that statement from So was a declaration of affection and willingness to allow/want Soo to "control" aka he trusts her.....Wook's statement is one of defeat. He sees/feels he has NO control over his fate/future and instead of fighting for any control, he "gives" it away to Yeon Hwa and in a sense gives away the blame. 

Random observation: I can’t help but wonder whether CR is being truthful when she begged to save Soo. Or is it some kind of ploy by slimy Won because it might seem as if snake Wook is on CPM’s side and might be a hindrance to their plans? confused onion head

Ohh.... I never thought this way....interesting.  Then there SHOULD have been some indication between the 2 during that scene.  It would have been more interesting! 

Random observation: I just noticed the upper part (?) of So’s cape – it has such a pretty design.

WHO has that cape now?  Production, LJG or ???

And @glassnokamen   uh...where are you????  Delurk and join in!!

• Like 3

On 13/1/2018 at 3:24 AM, Issabella said:

We have a spring weather although it's summer in my part of the world so i played the drama. Yes, it's one of my background sound/drama/music when doing household chores (if the kids are around but if they're not i usually play fifty shades of grey). No, i am not a masochist or into such either. Anyway,  I was at the laundry room unloading the clothes from the washer to the dryer when i heard Soo saying "it's not over for me yet (Ep 16)", i stopped but i didn't cry anymore instead i wiped my runny nose using a shirt from the clean laundry pile. Aghhhhhh. I didn't cry unlike before but it can still make me kind of forget. One less clean clothes, eh?

I noticed some MLSHR virgins newbies and i only have one advice: watch it at your own risk. But, it's worth it. Well, at least to me. Welcome to the MLSHR world  thread! :heart:

Watching MLSHR was a life changing experience for me... things will never be the same. As you said, it's worth it. But you better don´t listen to the drama while doing the laundry!

On 13/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, cedarwood said:

Just quick note - the drama catches my heart and holds it firmly. The love story is touching and no matter how many times I saw it I still watch it with a bit of curiosity and big doze of heart warming / heart breaking. 

I must admit something - I can't stand Woo Hee. She irritates me. Therefore... I skip her scenes (will do an exception for the scene of the attack), even if it means I'll skip price Baek Ah too (who I really really really like). Sorry, I watched her few times and that's enough - I like neither the character nor actress (not personally, just how she acts). Please don't think it's bashing her or something - it's only an observation. 

Me too! i don´t like WH. and i can´t be invested in her love story with BA, as much as i love BA.. to me it is a waste of time, that could be used in developing So/Soo romance/dating time, for example

On 14/1/2018 at 2:20 PM, cedarwood said:

Exactly my thoughts, sighs

15 hours ago, samtrocino said:

Hello! Hello! Hello! How are you all doing here? By the way, belated happy holidays to all us. Hope you all have nice ones too.:D:D:D

Hello! same to you!!!!

12 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

FANGIRLING Observations (which might be inappropriate for this thread), RANTS,  PICSPAM and definitely-not-a-review-thingy of MLSHR – Episode 11 - Part 1

As always what a wonderful collection of gifs! thank you so much

Random observation: such a nice painting in the background with a full moon and trees.

I still can´t notice this kind of things... maybe on my next watch?

There are no words to describe the perfection that is JG’s Wang So! love you crazy rabbit

We need to invent a new vocabulary... and it won´t be enough

Random observation: If YH hadn’t drank the tea, no one would have known about a poisoned So; Soo wouldn’t have been accused and tortured; CLO wouldn’t have died and perhaps Soo wouldn’t have known about snake Wook's cowardice this quickly either. What would have happened then? confused onion headSo many possibilities…

But So was already collapsed and unconcious and Soo was screaming, so they would have noticed that  he was poisoned and Soo was going to be a suspect anyway... but maybe when it was already too late to save So. 

Observation: Okay, so let’s see: Jungs’s own brother who he shares his parents with is almost dead, but he doesn’t follow him to the doctor while So’s half-brothers, BA and CPM run after him. Even Soo, who is just a “friend” to So is worried to death and wants to be with him. But Jung doesn’t move a muscle. It is true that Jung came with the others but he stays back just like slimy Won. Is his hatred for So that big? Doesn’t he care about So at all? Why??!!

Jung only cares about himself... and a very little about Soo at that time. Later when he falls in love with Soo, i had to admit that he cares more about her, but he was always selfish and inmature. And his hate for So was blind and ilogical

We get the answer for the question how they could not detect the poison when they tested – it would not be caught easily in a test.

But Ji Mong said it was poison as soon as he tasted the tea? Is he a poison expert?

As usual, the king decides to punish some innocent person. He decides to hang Soo so that CPM’s illnss would not be exposed. Ashamed, CPM begs the king to “throw” him away and to appoint another CP.

The king refuses it, of course – he says he wants to give CPM everything. “Do you not understand your father’s heart?” he continues. get out crazy rabbit  CPM is speechless and teary eyed.

How does the king even calls himself a father – he clearly favours his first born over the others. CPM might have helped him and fought with him in the wars, but does that mean that other sons who were born later are any less? So, as long as CPM gets everything, the king is satisfied; he does not care what others have to sacrifice for this or many lives are lost. Remember the Exorcism rite? He only worried whether the CPM is hurt. He did not even spare a glance at So who was hurt because he decided to help CPM. What sort of a father does that? If a person cannot be reasonable to his own children, how could he be a good king?  get out crazy rabbit

About the King and Soo. I can´t help but be mad at Soo because he blamed So for everything he does as a king, yet she never resented or questioned the King. to name a few things:  the King sent So as a hostage, was going to sent him again to Shinju to save Moo, he tortured Soo, he killed CLO...

Observation: Let me be shallow once again - JG in this scene is dazzlingly beautiful!! From his soft, affectionate gazes and smiles to those tiny sad smirks.... perfection! love you crazy rabbit He is perfect in appearance and as Wang So! love you crazy rabbit

Let me be shallow with you...

9 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

“Do with me as you wish” says snake Wook, indirectly shifting all the responsibility of his actions to YH, so he could blame her later on if things do not go the way they want to.

Never thought of this. but i think you are right here

Remember almost the same kind of statement by So when Soo first did his makeup? Soo paved the way for So to become a great king when she did as she wished. On the other hand, when YH did what she wanted, snake Wook’s true self comes out which leads to the regicide of Moo and eventually the misery of So and Soo. get out crazy rabbit

Same words can have so different meanings... 

I can´t answer because i'm strongly biased against CR (remember she's my most hated character... far more than snake Wook or Queen Yoo) i can´t believe in the sincerity of anything CR said or did

The king calls So a “sword”; no, not an ally or even a soldier, he calls So a sword. All he cares is that CPM should be protected. He really does not care what happens to the others or to his own son So, who has always been honest and loyal.

I don´t think the king sees the princes as his sons, the only son he has and recognize is Moo, because he was born before he transformed into the King. He already loved Moo before being a King, so he just keeps loving him. after he became a King i think he  lost the capacity to love... 

When CLO tells him of her last request, he answers as “are you finally throwing me away”. get out crazy rabbit  Why does it always have to be about him? If you think about it, snake Wook is the same as his father too.

Agree!!!

Unable to see her suffering alone in the rain, Jung also kneels down; BA follows suit. CPM too comes and stands in the rain; slimy Won leaves them. Where is Eun, though?confused onion head

Maybe on his honey moon?

She does not have to look at the face of the person to know who has come to support her. She regains her strength and determination. She raises and kneels under So’s protection. Will she realize who keeps his promises and will be always be on her side at least now? Will she realize what sort of a “person” snake Wook is at least now?

I think she never did realize who Wook is...

CLO is the real queen here.

again i so agree!

Uh, yeah... um... of course, the will be “some” happy and love happening; some. depressed2 onion head Oh, how naive we were! desperate2 onion head

I have no words... i feel so decieved...

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I do think this storyline could have been dropped. Instead improve BA & Soo/So scenes.  Just have the stupid Minister be the bad guy in this storyline. The "stabbing" of the King was a non-event really anyways. 

agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I think he did have an answer, but he knows she is not ready to hear it or believe it right then. That is also why he says...I don't know what to do with you.  I'm sure So doesn't have a lot of experience dealing with affection, but I'm sure he has figured out that she's not where he is in terms of the love connection. But he never stops trying. 

He doesn´t have any kind of love experience. He wasn´t loved by anyone until he met BA and Soo. He said himself he doesn´t know how to relate to people. But he is smart enough to notice that Soo is not into him and only see him as a friend. But he knows what he wants and nothing will stop him until he gets it. it was not the right time to press Soo and he knew it 

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Yes @glassnokamen we are waiting for you!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Yes @glassnokamen we are waiting for you!!!

16 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

:ph34r: :ph34r: Finished to watch ep 11 yesterday night... I didn't read yours recap as well the one of @cedarwood and  @bluelilac1214 recap because I don't want to be influenced, but, since I've got some issue to solve at home, if I will not be able to post my recap in a few days, I'll try at least to reply to yours :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Like 4