[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@antoniaclamens I love the fanart that you've posted - so adorable!

Spoiler

b77b98eec0c0f08b3818136afda8b756--lee-ju

On 1/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, Issabella said:

For some reason my username (freckledcontessa) in my old account went back to the original (freckledbelle). I cannot recover my old account no matter how many times i reset the password thru my email.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through this. But I'm glad that you are back.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:55 AM, rocher22 said:

My heart skipped a beat for the first time when WS covered his scar in such a boyish way, when Soo emerged

infront of him.

That is one of my most favourite scenes. :wub:Yes, I have so many favourite scenes in MLSHR! So, the mighty warrior is so vulnerable in front of her without his mask. Everything in that scene is perfect; JG is perfect – those scared and vulnerable looks; the hesitant way he speaks; his body language… love you crazy rabbit

In the 10 episode I liked WSs simple sentences during the conversation on the coast.:wink:

Soo herself didnt know what to say.

His confession – there’s nothing subtle about it; always so honest.

Ofcourse my fav scene is WSs movement , when he pulled the reigns very coldly, when Jung wanted

to help Soo of the horse.

That movement says more than anything.

Yes! It’s like he is saying “Soo is my person and my responsibility; don’t you dare touch her!”

And when that movement makes other men to stop, and they cant do anything, it is completely

clear who will get the girl and the throne, completely deserved too.

hi5-smiley.gif?1292867616

On 1/10/2018 at 7:36 AM, zakz said:

Hello ladies... So I just watched MLSHR ... Cried buckets. Loved it. Hated the end. Feel like crying and completely heart broken. Still don't get the end. So read this thread and am ready to watch it again and fangirl with you .

Hello! Welcome to the thread. Yes, crying while watching MLSHR cannot be helped. And you can’t help falling in love with Wang So either, because Wang So is LOVE!!! :wub: You will fall for JG too!

On 1/13/2018 at 2:14 AM, zakz said:

Anyway I entered for NJH and left this series being a Hajunse.

Hahahaha.... You can't not fall for JG! Come and check out the Lee Joon Gi thread too.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

I didn't read yours recap as well the one of @cedarwood and  @bluelilac1214 recap because I don't want to be influenced, but, since I've got some issue to solve at home, if I will not be able to post my recap in a few days, I'll try at least to reply to yours :ph34r: :ph34r:

Issues? Oh I hope they are minor!  Please do what you need to do.  And come back when you can!! 

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

after he became a King i think he  lost the capacity to love... 

It seems to me that all Kings or persons in power, unless they were surrounded by peaceful times, had to know that anyone they loved was going to be fodder for those who wanted power against them. They were going to be sacrificed unless you sacrificed your power. 

I think she never did realize who Wook is...

THIS.....even with his dastardly deeds with Yo, etc.  Soo still seemed to stay by his side and not judge him as harshly.  Why the heck not?

And because I haven't checked lately...

MLSHR REACTIONS AROUND THE WORLD

Oh my!  ^^^'

How is it NOT 100% So?  

I thought you would appreciate this^^^ @bluelilac1214 (and @antoniaclamens) too! 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

:ph34r: :ph34r: Finished to watch ep 11 yesterday night... I didn't read yours recap as well the one of @cedarwood and  @bluelilac1214 recap because I don't want to be influenced, but, since I've got some issue to solve at home, if I will not be able to post my recap in a few days, I'll try at least to reply to yours :ph34r: :ph34r:

Oh at least you catch up! don´t worry and try to solve your issue, hope it's nothing serious and everything gets better soon!

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

THIS.....even with his dastardly deeds with Yo, etc.  Soo still seemed to stay by his side and not judge him as harshly.  Why the heck not?

Why???? my eternal question...

How is it NOT 100% So?  

I thought you would appreciate this^^^ @bluelilac1214 (and @antoniaclamens) too! 

i missed you're around the world reactions. about the poll i just can´t understand... unless the people who voted didn´t watch the drama and only voted for the other princes because they are fans of them

I watched episode 12, but still have to write my review, select pictures and look for gifs, i will try to do it asap

• Like 3

On 1/12/2018 at 7:18 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Yeon Hwa. Yes I’m talking about evil and disgusting YH. I never thought I would say this, but I liked her not only once but twice in this episode.

-First, I think she made a smart decision by taking the poisoned tea (or faking it!). She managed to divert all suspicions from her and help So. (If not for YH, Soo would still be helplessly crying for help and So would be dead). Kudos to YH.

Yes, I hate YH but no one can deny how smart she is – she is a go getter: she has the courage and determination to do whatever it takes to achieve her goals. She is a strong character.

I think even if she didn’t fake drinking the poisoned tea, someone would have eventually found So and Soo – it is a palace after all; there must be maids and guards nearby. But So would have made it to look like that Soo has no connection with it.

Second, I love when she said to the snake these lines:

Yeon Hwa: You have already turned your back on her. It isn't like you can't do it twice.

In your face Wook!!!

Yes!!! He might be able to fool Soo with his words, but not YH who is his own sister, who knows him so well. Besides, she has a very sharp tongue.

IU. All around the episode she gave a strong performance. And she was brilliant on the cave scene (more on this soon).

Yes! Her acting in this episode was good job onion head. I loved the prison scene and the cave scene so much - so much emotion and passion in them.

I know I already said that JG is superb in this scene but I think it won’t do any harm to say it again…

There’s not enough words to describe how perfect he is in this scene.. :wub:

on a very shallow note, Beautiful So mouth covered with blood

I love this image so much…

Beauty in motion…

panda 29 hi5-smiley.gif?1292867616

And I love how we could see that So is in pain even when unconscious

Ooh, thanks for the pics and gif, I was searching for them for this scene but couldn’t find much. 

Jail Scene…

Aaaaaa….. thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! For the lovely So parade! He was so beautiful in this scene! love you crazy rabbit

to this day I can´t decide if I love this scene better or not than Rain Scene. But since the first moment I saw it I knew it would be one of my favorite scenes ever. I fall in love with the music, with the way they only cared for each other, with the way they don´t need to say things out loud to understand each other… it was a beautiful bittersweet scene. It was love. How couldn´t Soo notice that it was love…

:ph34r: I love the Jail Scene a little bit more than the Rain Scene :ph34r: Yes, this scene is LOVE!!! They just know about each other so well. It’s beautiful to see how they worry about each other without caring about their own selves first.

I think Soo is in denial. She thought she cares for snake; but she knows So loves her and she definitely knows that she cares about him very much too. she might be confused about her own feelings, perhaps. 

On 1/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, antoniaclamens said:

The way he looks at her… is there anything more beautiful than this?

Mhm… let me think: the way he looks at her when she does his make up for the first time :wub:; and when they talk after the rain ritual :wub:; and when after he comes back from Later Jin and calls her beautiful when she is a maid :wub:; and when they go on a boat ride :wub:; and the way he looks at her in wonder when she kisses him first :wub:; and when she sneaks away to see him when he gets injured by Yo’s arrow :wub:; and when they talk about children after he becomes the king :wub:; and at the festival after the backhug and kissing her on the cheeks…:wub: and many, many more instances. So, no – there is nothing more beautiful than the way he looks at her. Or the way he behaves around her. There's nothing more beautiful than the way So loves Soo. love you crazy rabbit

On 1/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, antoniaclamens said:

I remember the first time I watched the drama I was naïve enough to think that Rain Scene would be a turning point.

Oh, didn’t we all. I thought, okay, now that snake Wook has shown how unreliable and undependable he is, Soo would stop pining over him and not trust his words blindly. But she never once acknowledged his wrong doings, did she? She was always too willing to forgive him.

I was so naïve, I was waiting for So and Soo to meet in the modern times until the very last moment. Even when the credits were rolling I was hoping they would show at least a little glimpse of their reunion. I was so stupid! head crazy rabbit

On 1/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, pixelsticks said:

Question:  JiMong seemed to know the dastardly plots that were happening in the castle...how come he wasn't aware of this one?  Or was he?

When hasn’t he know what was going to happen? But then again, he did not know that Moo was being poisoned, right? So how does his knowledge of the future work? confused onion head

On 1/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, pixelsticks said:

And hoping the next 4 episodes would have me witness the building of happy new love. I still expected this show to destroy it by Episodes 17 - 20, but I wanted my happy love to hold on to before that happened.  You do NOT know how many pillows were thrown at the TV these next couple of weeks. 

Happy new love???!!!! uhuhuh onion head *Blue’s hysterical laughter turns into sobbing* 

So how was the TV doing after the end of the 20th episode? :tongue:

On 1/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Best use of a gif!

YESSSS! good job onion head

On 1/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, antoniaclamens said:

Every time i saw the drama i like the king less.. no simphaties for him

Again, YESSSS!

On 1/15/2018 at 12:20 AM, cedarwood said:

Queen Yoo is real beach ( tounge-smiley.gif?1292867691 ). There are no words in dictionary of cultural people which could describe her. She's pure evil. I wonder if they had axes in Goryeo.

panda 29 They definitely would have had axes in Goryeo.

Jung and Baek Ah knelt down but in the place no one seen or cared.

*Gasps* You are right! Though they too supported Soo – even CPM came out, they get no punishment. Only So is punished! How? Why???

On 1/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, pixelsticks said:

And this is the moment when Hae Soo should stop loving Wook. If I remember correctly this will last a bit longer no idea why - he let her down so many times, promised so many things and didn't do any of them, finally he turned himself away from her in the moment of need... WHY she still loved him?! C'mon love can't be THAT blind! 

Yes....why the writing didn't go along with this thought?  I don't know.  It DROVE ME BONKERS.

22 hours ago, pixelsticks said:
On 1/16/2018 at 10:16 AM, antoniaclamens said:

I think she never did realize who Wook is...

THIS.....even with his dastardly deeds with Yo, etc.  Soo still seemed to stay by his side and not judge him as harshly.  Why the heck not

The reason for this might be because, the writers and the PD too, 1)hate us 2)like snake Wook 3)they ship Soo with the snake vomiting onion head

On 1/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, pixelsticks said:

I can tell by the amount of chair throwing gifs....that you need a break from Wookie! hahahah

Isn’t a table which is being thrown?confused onion head The selfish, self-righteous snake Wook enrages me! get out crazy rabbit

Me too! i don´t like WH. and i can´t be invested in her love story with BA, as much as i love BA.. to me it is a waste of time, that could be used in developing So/Soo romance/dating time, for example

Me three, no wait, me four! We didn’t have enough time/ scenes for So and Soo just being happy. It could have been used at least for some bonding time between the OT3 – So, Soo and BA - we didn't get to see about it that much either.

We need to invent a new vocabulary... and it won´t be enough

As always, you speak my mind.

@glassnokamen hope everything is okay with you. Please join us when you can.

How is it NOT 100% So?

shock2 onion head How can anyone other than So be with Soo? The blasphemy!! Those who chose others – did they watch the same drama as us?

I thought you would appreciate this^^^

Of course, thank you. :D

• Like 3

13 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I watched episode 12, but still have to write my review, select pictures and look for gifs, i will try to do it asap

Yay!  I've got to emoji mine...

18 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Even when the credits were rolling I was hoping they would show at least a little glimpse of their reunion. I was so stupid! head crazy rabbit

Right there with you!!! On the edge of my seat....holding that pillow tight.

19 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

But then again, he did not know that Moo was being poisoned, right?

Hmmmm yes.  UGH.. How could he know so much and so little at the same time? And with Moo...you would have thought his Moo Protection Radar would have been at high capacity!

20 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Happy new love???!!!! uhuhuh onion head *Blue’s hysterical laughter turns into sobbing* 

So how was the TV doing after the end of the 20th episode? :tongue:

Hahahah...I started to punch the actual pillow instead of throwing it.  And crying...and yelling...and crying. And getting downright depressed.  It really did a number on me. 

23 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Isn’t a table which is being thrown?confused onion head

OOOOps my bad. Either way...you toss it alot!  HAhahah

MLSHR REACTIONS AROUND THE WORLD

Ahhhh...our young SHR couple!!  

• Like 3

NOTE:  These RECAPS/REACTIONS can be filled with spoilers/grammatical errors/snark...since I've already watched MLSHR numerous times. Read at your own risk!

MLSHR Episode 12 – Dramafever Directors Cut

Or

Come with me, my love
To the sea, the sea of love
I want to tell you how much I love you
- Sea of Love - Phil Phillips/Robert Plant

Aka WHAT WANG SO wants to sing!

Pixelistic Re(take)

• 0:00 Go to Later Jin Wang So. He doesn’t protest, which shocks the King…but So does say THIS! “She is not someone I can throw away.Image result for do not throw away So what does the King say….
  • 1:30 “Get rid of Hae Soo”. Image result for mean kingIf he cannot throw her away himself, his father will have to do it for him.”  Mean King Taejo is out in full force.
  • 1:50 JiMong Image result for jimongfinds Soo in CLO’s room. He tells her to pack her bags and say no goodbyes. Image result for leave the dramaShe’s ready to leave all this drama. 
  • 3:00 So in Orange 99hZSFO.jpg(a not seen before bright color for the moody 4th Prince) packing up his makeup and who walks in…but Soo. <<<ok….I was SO ready for this…here we go….lets have some  lovey admire2 onion head happy happy ..it starts with smiley smiley>>> And they take a walk down the tree-lined path by the lake. <<<ohh how many times did they do this?>>> Soo tries to give So the heave-ho (and give him back the hairpiece) but he’s having none of it.  Related imageHe grabs her by the waist and goes for a kiss. She still won’t do it confused milk bottle<<<damn girl….what’s your problem??>>> “Dummy!” <<<Yes…remember she is a stupid girl. vkimJVh.png>>> He lets her go…but he still grabs a kiss. And says, qBGO2U0.pngI lied.” He takes the talisman and promises to be back soon.  He walks off and you can see his confidence isn’t quite there. <<<poor So who just wants her to love himwaiting onion head>>> Soo didn’t tell him she has to leave and says to herself she won’t wait for him. She claims she is scared everytime they meet. And wonders why it’s hard to let him go and ignore him <<<ummm maybe you are misinterpreting your feelings….eh? self hit milk bottleAnd you want/need him???>>>
  • 7:28 Soo is back in the palace and Wook sees her…but he doesn’t have enough guts to talk to her.Image result for snake miss <<<the music here is perfectly timed with their actions…and Soo’s skirt is oh so pretty!>>>
  • 8:25 So is ready for travel! Image result for wang soHe puts on the mask and rides off like the BAMF that he is.Related image<<<what some fans were hoping for>>>
  • 9:00 Soo is leaving the palace like the broken person that she is.Related image
  • 9:35 Wook snakes-on-aplane-smiley.gif?1292867675is writing her name when Jung runs in to say he cannot find Soo.  Image result for questionQUESTION:  Why didn’t they think that So took her with him?  And WHY didn’t So just take her? Wook goes to her room, finds it empty and falls apart. If you would have only MANNED UPImage result for manned up mormonWookie!!  <<<I mean..this girl gave you SO many chances….and she still will>>>
  • 11:05 Ugh….Queen Yooblowup-smiley-face.gif?1302011314 on the screen.  Sitting with Yeon Hwa and gloating over how CLO is dead.cry teapot But Yeon Hwa knows how to burst her balloon! Image result for pop balloon Even Yocrazy monkey 008 is loving YH’s dastardly ways. His mommy says to stay away from her. And asks if Yo has gotten the support from his uncle.  He has…but his  Uncle wants to move the throneImage result for korean throne to Seokyeong.
  • 13:54 Image result for one year later spongebobONE YEAR LATER   - Prince Yo crazy monkey 011 in Orange now. And he’s manipulating as always.  Wook & Jung aren’t liking what they see.  And we are starting to see that Jung is no longer a Image result for mommys boyMommy’s boy.  That frontal lobe is starting to fully develop! <<<Ooh I was hoping for some Jung/Wook - actually side for the good guys storyline….NOT>>>
  • 15:00 CPM Image result for crown prince moois feeling the pressure from the palace and he doesn’t like it.  He doesn’t want to hurt those around him.  JiMong tries to reassure him by saying the King will proclaim 10 missives.
  • 15:24 Woo Hee Image result for woo hee scarlet heart and her Swords….stab the King….crazy monkey 110...in her mind.  She is practicing in front of Baek-Ah. He is trying to get a kiss. He teases her that he is married but it’s all a joke.Image result for baek ah Ok???
  • 17:30 Yay!  Prince Eun & Soon Deok are finally back on the screen! <<<see Baekhyun Dubai IG post up above>>> They are having such a playful disagreement and you can see that EunImage result for baekhyun and zhera is starting to care about her feelings…when woosh! A knife is thrown, her hair band is cut, she twists her hubby to safety and her hair falls around him.  Eun is startled but kinda turned on.  <<<she IS all that Eun!>>> Unfortunately, Soon Deok gets up and yells at her father. He scared her love. <<<ever notice how pretty Eun & Soon Deok’s wedding bands are???
    Spoiler

7o2vnxP.png

>>>
  • 19:21 Yeon Hwa is given a ring by Yo. <<<not as pretty as the rings above>>> He claims he will divorce his wife to get her.  She knows he cannot.  He tries to woo her with wicked words. Speaking of wicked Related image here comes Image result for snakeWook. Who still thinks he is opposite of Yo. Yo asks him again to help get rid of the King.  Wook says it’s immoral to kill your father, but Yo reminds him that their father would easily kill them so…. But we do find out that Wook has offered his support to Yo instead of CPM. lie onion headUH OH! <<<Yo’s guyliner Image result for guylineris on point here!! And Snake looks so good in that gold/grey toned robe.  Dodging the table being thrown at me...>>> Yeon Hwacrazy monkey 117 is mad at Wook again. He just won’t grab the throne for himself.  But then we find out why….it’s better to be the traitor of a traitorImage result for traitor…. And he asks her to marry Yo. <<<which I don’t think is actually too much to ask…since you messed up his life as well>>>

• 22:50 Laundry maids are chatting gathering-smiley-face.gif?1302011368about Jung fighting pirates and that he is a General now. And they talk about how many of the houses have put in requests to marry the 8th Prince.  <<<I wonder why the King had not married him off yet, I mean he did give him permission>>> The Laundry Maids ask Soo Image result for marry f*** kill which Prince is the best.  She wisely tells them not to talk about them. They get on her nerves. Even a year later and she still limps. She still can dish some back until they bring up CLOcry teapot . Jung & Wook watch how poorly she is treated. And Image result for do nothing
  • 25:50 <<<Ok…so I thought Soo was to be sentImage result for far far away far away…but here the Princes are…right back at the Palace.>>> Jung cannot believe that Wook won’t go for her. He guesses there must be a reason why Wook won’t go to her. Wook tells Jung to be careful about what choices you make in the palace.Image result for bro talking
  • 27:20 BUTImage result for spongebob moments later….Wook does go to Soo that night. She is shocked and scared. But she gets up to see him.  <<<he doesn’t come down to her....meanie>>> He asks about her leg. He knows Jung has been sending medicine.  He ask Soo if she hates him. Image result for do you hate meShe doesn’t say anything. He says he has become useless. He claims he cannot dare bring up marriage. <<<why do I hear chair/table throwing??? @bluelilac1214>>> Soo gets to the point.  She asksImage result for did you miss me if he missed her at all. He says “Every day.” Image result for every dayShe says “that’s all she needs” and “that’s enough.”  <<<uuggh girl, Image result for thats enoughthat is enough….be done with him!>>> She finally stops him from making more promises. He selfishly says don’t make him feel any worse. <<<uh…its not all about you Wookie.” <<<OK so NOW you are gonna drop him like a HOT POTATOImage result for drop him like a hot potato….right…right???>>>
  • 30:40 The Return of the 4th Prince!  Image result for bamfHe hasn’t changed a bit. fan smiley He reports to the king. The King wants him to go to the Khitan but So refuses, claiming that the King reneged on a promise (to keep Soo safe in the Damiwon). He won’t throw her away and he doesn’t want to be King. He richard simmons off his father, but the King is happy that So was defiant.Related image  He is getting So ready….but for what.
  • 33:00 Squee!  Soo is hanging laundry. Image result for hanging laundry<<<why does that sound like an Urban Dictionary term for something sordid>>> But she senses a presence…you can see him watching her from a distance. She thinks her eyes are playing a trick on her. She continues…and stops….<<<ahhh the music…and Lee Joon Gi’s voice saying “ You never did listen”>>> He comes closer and gives her that Korean backhug.PNbFJ8x.pngI missed you.”  <<<Bam…he didn’t have to be asked…now did he??>>>                                                                                                     But here we go…Soo tells him he should not be there. vkimJVh.png He grabs her and turns her around to look at him. He gently looks her over and tells her she is beautiful as always.admire2 onion head She is worried about the mask. He takes it off to show her he is fine. And that he wore it to remember her and so that he would come back to her.dead onion head She tells him to forget her again, but he runs after her. Soo just wants to give up, So offers to be her rock and her reason, but she cannot.  And she wounds him by telling him that he reminds her of all she wants to forget.Related image
  • 37:50 Is Soo sleeping in the Palace?  Why is she there? 
  • 38:00 The KingRelated image is getting weak. Oh NOW I know why Soo is there….JiMong had Soo make the tea that he loves. The King asks to see Soo.
  • 39:25 Yeon Hwa is ruminating about Yo’s proposal.Related image She goes to So and surprises him with a proposal of her own. He gently tells her he wants someone else. Soo… “I am nothing without her.”wow1 onion head <<<swoon>>>
  • 42:25 Soo enters the Kings Chambers. <<<ok...now that sounds Urban Dictionary ish...hahaha>>> She notices how frail he is. He asks her where did you come from. <<<Image result for i'm from the futureSeoul Biotch>>> He tells her that he believes she knows the future…just like JiMong.  And that the 4th Prince is meant to be King…after CPM.  He calls her his daughter…ummmm what? Image result for bad dad She stands in the middle of the palace and hears some awful sounds. <<<Some shiot is gonna go down, but why don’t we get any visions here???>>>
  • 46:40 BaekAh & WH are practicing again. She falls down and he can see all her wounds on her wrist. He asks if he can hold her. He just wants to make her happy. <<<BA the love puppyImage result for baek ah>>>
  • 48:30 Soo & WH have a chat Related image about men. Soo tells her not to push BaekAh away. <<<take your own advice girl>>> WH asks Soo to do her makeup for the peace gathering.
  • 50:55 Yo asks the Minister if WH is prepared for the peace gathering. <<<Image result for wthhaven’t you seen her sword dancing all the frickin time?>>>
  • 51:15 JiMong, Wook and Yo telletubbies-smiley-face.gif?1302011432 show concern about the King’s condition.  But Wook Image result for snake says the King needs to be present at the peace gathering. <<<damn those boys>>>
  • 52:20 Here we go! The music starts.  Image result for readyWooHee is ready, Wook is ready (with armor), Yo is ready with a smirk. The pretty dancers are all present. Won is present. <<<Um  where is So???>>>
  • 53:25 There he is….waiting for Soo outside. He gives her the headpiece and saysTfEQwnz.pngLet’s get married.” <<<<Every Lee Joon Gi’s fangirl’s dream>>>>  She’s like WHAT. Image result for i cant do that “I cannot do that,” she says.  <<<ummm Image result for why the hell not… I and 1000s of MLSHR fans say>>>  He continues…saying that if she doesn’t really like him that she can divorce him, but he wants to help her out of the palace. She tells him that HE must remain in the palace. The King wants it so. And here is where the idea gets put in his head.  Soo asks him if he could become King…would he stay. He tells her he wants to live with her with the freedom to do what they want…if they cannot have that…then being King means nothing to him.
    Spoiler

bZUsele.png

Come with me,” he hopes. <<<such a dangerous double entendre there...fans self>>> You are mine, after all,” he teasingly declares.

BUT DAMMIT….SHE SAYS NO!! As soon as she says it, Wook Related image is there. He stops So from chasing after her. And tells So that it’s his fault that Soo is in the predicament she is in.  So throws it right back at him and said he had all the info to save her…but didn’t.  Related image<<<remember Wookie...So can handle being overdosed with poison...so snakes like you...are nothing to him>>>

• 57:10 It’s time for Woo Hee’s dance. Won and Yo are impressed.  She sees Baek-Ah in the crowd. He notices her intent. And he blocks her path. Image result for baek ah stabbed<<OOMG…I so cried out here…thinking he was a goner>>>
  • 58:20 So tells Wook to stop pretending to care about Soo and to continue to turn his back on her. Related image And notices his armor.

<<<ok…from here on…I should have KNOWN…nothing good would happen…and it killed me! I was so mad at this episode.  I SO wanted some SO happiness or a glimpse of woohoo…let’s break away from all this Palace crap and have an episode of fun and love! But No!!  AARRGGHH>>>

<<<And didn’t this episode have some differences between SBS/International Versions?>>>

PREVIEW:    Looks like all hell is breaking loose due to the King dying.hehe-hehehehe.jpg And we are going to see a So/Wook sword fight. Bring on some sword battles!  Image result for bring it onThis show needed more of them!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 15.01.2018 at 4:30 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

So’s eyes do not leave Soo even when he can barely walk

True. It's very touching moment. It's like he believed he's going to die and he last thing (person) he wants to see is Soo.

She wasted so much time for Wook. She could be with So earlier. And maybe the whole story was different. Who knows? Maybe they'd decided to run away. Wang So said that he can do that to her - and he's capable of escaping. He took her out of the palace as if it was no big deal - I really believe he could take her far away. Then again - maybe she wouldn't finally fall for him. I really don't know what's better. To love and die or to not love and live. 

Her safety is more important for him than his own life.

It is. After all he did all this because of her. Her being with him in that moment ruins his plan. He didn't know that YH ruined it anyway.

On the other hand - how could she leave dying man on the floor???

Obviously the doctor would have sensed that there is nothing wrong in YH’s pulse. Why was he telling things – is it because he suspected of something already?

He would but as he said - she drank only a little poison so in his opinion she'll be ok. Remember that old chinese medicine wasn't that precise as medicine nowadays. And it was more risky. I think doctors most of the time had to do more guessing than they could tell what's wrong for sure.

Observation: Okay, so let’s see: Jungs’s own brother who he shares his parents with is almost dead, but he doesn’t follow him to the doctor while So’s half-brothers, BA and CPM run after him. Even Soo, who is just a “friend” to So is worried to death and wants to be with him. But Jung doesn’t move a muscle. It is true that Jung came with the others but he stays back just like slimy Won. Is his hatred for So that big? Doesn’t he care about So at all? Why??!!

Because of his mommy? He said once that he wants everything back again as it used to be - So's out with the Kangs, he's mama's boy and Yo is his smart older brother. Honetly empathy of this man is equal to empathy of leg of a table. crazy-monkey-emoticon-178.gif?1292792425

He's used to So he knows from gossips and stories - the scary Wang So who killed the entire village and even pack of wolves couldn't finish him off. The So who can't learn martial arts. So who's his mother hates. He doesn't know exactly what happened but he was brought up by his mother so he learned from the beginning to hate and be affraid of So. Besides his older brother is Yo - imagine what this man could tell him about So!

It was easy to stay this way. Not to mention Jung sometimes is just shallow, he... ahhh... what's the word? Lemming-like rush? What I mean he behaves like everyone else without thinking. Later his hatred toward So is beyond absurd.

Not to mention family is not exactly the people with whom you share blood.

Thankfully, the general not only taught him martial arts, he has even trained So’s body to be tolerant of poison.

Me thinks: just HOW did it look like? I mean the making So tolerant of poison??? I imagine it giving him poison in small doses, making them bigger until he's tolerant but... it's ANOTHER way to give him pain!!! Poor So... imagine just how painful was his life... crazy-monkey-emoticon-029.gif?1292792386

Why did the general go to that extent in training So? Was he expecting great things from So? Did he do it with the knowledge of the king?

In my opinion it was the King's doing. My theory is this: Ji Mong told the King that his eldest son will be the king but he'll die shortly after wearing the crown. Then another of his son for short while will be the king and then to all surprises So will rule Goryeo for very long time. So the King secretly gave an order to train the boy also with poisons - surrounded by enemies he could die many times and poison is popular way to get rid of people you don't like. If he knew that So will be a wise king he had to make sure he'll survive till then. Also hard life could make him wiser. It's wonderfully showed on his sons from the same woman. Yo - always loved by his mother, spent his life in palace on pillows eating only good things and the only thing he can do is... listening to his mother. When he finally wore a crown he was probably one of the worst kings in Goryeo's history.

Jung... no comment.

And there's Wang So - who knows different life, who's not like anybody else and (this is only theory, remember!) Ji Mong told the king that he will be great ruler. The King is always alone. No matter how many wives he has and concubines, how many courtiers - he can never trust anyone and if we rememer that Goryeo was young country - the King had to be a bit ruthless, carefull and know what to do. It worked well, I have to admit, but it gave Wang So a lot of pain.

How does the king even calls himself a father – he clearly favours his first born over the others.

It's hard to explain nowadays but the king is rarely a father. He's the ruler and from his sons he expects more than from common people.

And yes - he favours his oldest son but that's easy to explain - he said that Moo was with him at war. So he's eldest son (and usually eldest son is the next king - as long as he survives :tongue: ) and also he's his comrade in arms. The rest of his sons of course learn martial arts but don't know what is war. Hmm... ok, maybe So knows war (where the General would teach him martial arts? Since he's the great General he probably spent most of his life at war) but he's not first in line to the throne.

On 15.01.2018 at 7:07 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

Random observation: I wonder how many layers of clothing So wears? confused onion head

I bet at least 3. One - like the underwear. Then the clothes and on top something warmer. But it maybe even 4. There are a lot of them.

On 15.01.2018 at 7:58 PM, pixelsticks said:

Which I feel was all of 20 minutes...

I think the drama was shortened. There are scenes that you can clearly see that something is missing. It's  best seen with the love story line - there is time for Soo having crush for Wook, then there need to be time to stop loving him and be open for another possibilities and then the time when she realizes her love for So and she wants to be with him. The last part is def. shortened!

On 16.01.2018 at 1:41 PM, glassnokamen said:

I've got some issue to solve at home, if I will not be able to post my recap in a few days, I'll try at least to reply to yours :ph34r: :ph34r:

I keep my fingers crossed for you! Solve the issue! crazy-monkey-emoticon-046.gif?1292792391 And come back to us asap. :) 

7 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

They definitely would have had axes in Goryeo.

They should use them on her! crazy-monkey-emoticon-110.gif?1292792408

7 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

*Gasps* You are right! Though they too supported Soo – even CPM came out, they get no punishment. Only So is punished! How? Why???

I thought that they knelt in that place so if someone came they could quickly run away. Wang So openly was with her and supported her.

Episode 12 will watch tomorrow and then will read the emoji post. :D 

• Like 4

MLSHR Episode 12 Review

(warning: picspam ahead!)

Things that I liked not So related:

I was about to say that I didn´t like anything at all, besides So scenes, but Eun/SD/daddy saved the day. They’re so cute and endearing together…

Much of the episode was about snakes attacking each other: YH vs. Queen Yoo, Wook vs. Yo, Wook vs. YH, as neither was destroyed or seriously damaged I didn´t enjoy it. Also, much time was spent on BA/WH and I couldn´t care less about them. Wook/Jung is a combo I really dislike. And I was really disappointed because I don´t have the closure I needed between Soo and Wook.

Finally, why Soo had to speak in whisperings? I never noticed before but this time it was getting on my nerves!

End of rant and now onto the good stuff that is So.

Now for So:

We start with the king ordering So to go to Later Jin as an ambassador. So quietly accepted but on a condition: Soo must stay safe at the Damiwon. As soon as So leaves, the King orders the opposite.  

Spoiler

e2DKVp8.jpg5LwwpwL.jpg

bNXqFr5.gif

So is packing when Soo arrives (after being told not to see the princes anymore, let me highlight)

Spoiler

8PrDRKN.gif

jUFAAlB.jpgzM7kYdH.jpg

Z3CTgTP.gifmU9moUD.gif

Now comes one of the sweetest scenes ever, how many times did I replay it? Can´t honestly tell.

So: How are you feeling?

Soo: No matter how much my heart may ache, this world doesn't stop its course. I suppose if I keep watching its busy course, I may come to forget everything some day.

Spoiler

HdutlfP.gif

So: Forget it quickly if you can. The more difficult things are, the better it is to work hard to forget.

Soo: You too, Your Highness. You should forget me now.

Spoiler

XieyGy7.gif

rQPVXML.gif

sbXCVpE.jpg

So: Do not say such things. Stay put and wait for me at the Damiwon until I return.

Spoiler

RKMXHwl.gif98PP6oA.gif

00zQ6J0.jpg

Soo: I will not wait. This happened to you because you tried to help me. I remember how happy you were because you got to live in the palace. You don't want to leave, but you have to. It is all my fault. Now, please... learn to differentiate between friendship and love. If you give all your affection to one person it will make things harder for you.

Spoiler

4mCj1P4.gif

So: It is you who might run into bad luck if you get involved with me. Because it happens to everyone who does.

Spoiler

TN9CR2t.jpg

RVZakqO.gif

0P9K7X6.gif

So:  I still won't let you go.

Spoiler

U1Z1afD.gif

So: Because with this face, all they can do is curse it, anyway.

4NS7lSJ.jpg

Me: what face? The most beautiful face in the world?

Spoiler

1c95qNM.jpg

Nwp4Sfh.jpg

gvl6c2h.gif

CuazSPV.gif

H71LJ94.gif

9wi8j4L.jpgpkUL1U7.jpg

lc6QdBd.gif

sseOZor.gif

So: Dummy. I said I would get your permission.

Spoiler

ZKHkSlT.jpg

h4hRBVT.jpg

Spoiler

NiPDxtZ.jpgp55KHAJ.jpgXTF7SNF.jpg

ty86NF0.gif D5vatnL.gif

T9SD2sH.gif

MzXIeqi.gif

So: I lied.

Spoiler

sebJj9K.gif

Bigger version

JB88g1B.gif

13sNoJ8.jpg

And how many times did I replay this particular segment? OMG I was swooning like crazy. I don’t know how I was capable to touch my mouse to rewind, as my fingers were already melted…

So: I'll borrow this for good luck. I'll be back soon.

Spoiler

xcDXt3U.gif

k9izhUv.gif

hMoWfHu.gif

mNkP6Cf.jpgb8kry1K.jpg

Soo: <I will not be waiting. Though you risked your life for me... Though you called me your person... I cannot do it. I become afraid every time we meet. I know that I had feelings for another. So why is it that I can't let you go and ignore you?>

Spoiler

S3Ghn5E.gif

JjlysfG.jpgJWy5DT5.jpgpFn3ulC.jpg

Seriously is ridiculous the amount of cuteness and loveliness from this scene... Why can´t Soo be melted as we are?

Spoiler

CgzIsYn.gif

Bigger version, bigger smile!

obbyDiE.gif

83g9wF5.gif

B5HuH1a.gif

His sad smile tell us he's putting on an act. After so much loveliness my heart breaks a little...

I didn´t know i missed the mask so much until he put it on again! Welcome hottie!!!

Spoiler

xGYAvbZ.gif

VK4VOJt.jpgpaCAOfA.jpg

This is for the lip parade!

DaUEfVs.jpg

tPupFdG.gifZ3gqPQK.gif

ZIUFKcp.jpg 

He rides off and back again. Wang So (and LJG) mastered when he rides a horse

Spoiler

pken1Qz.gif

Wang So is so true to his feelings and convictions. He is not afraid to defend his POV.  I really love the way he confronts the King.

So: You broke the promise you made to me when I left. I cannot comply either.

Spoiler

zO80UWE.gif

3bVLlNy.jpg

QgY4NBU.jpg

So: I am not the king nor will I become one. If you want to keep even one more ally for the Crown Prince do not tie a noose around my neck. I, too, will live like a person now.

Spoiler

urCfvDq.gifddVOVsQ.gif

Now, this is the sweetest reunion ever!!! I love everything about it! The colors, the music, the backhugh, the way they show us that Soo often thinks and maybe daydreams of So, the way this scene contrasted to Soo/Wook reunion. It's dreamy. Soo is so worried about So and she looks so pretty indeed. So is so sweet and caring and beautiful. And his soft voice @bluelilac1214. He is just what a man in love should be!

So: You never did listen. I told you to stay put at the Damiwon. Doing physical labor suited you better than being a court lady, anyway.

Spoiler

HaLLIod.gif

R8zG9bY.gif

So: I missed you.

Spoiler

cFJRsX0.gif

jymKzQN.jpg

The very words she wanted to hear. The words Wook couldn´t say if not asked. He missed you Soo and I´m sure you missed him too.

Soo: You should not be here. Pretend you didn't see me. 

Spoiler

NdoKO5R.jpg

Dl2ChBb.jpg

UeKz2px.jpg

q7sghHi.gif

wqyz7zd.jpg

J0YbVOo.gif

So. Just as always... you are beautiful.

Spoiler

AJ4AL8V.jpgi8CHhTE.jpg

rvdQBl8.gif

Soo: Why? Why have you covered it again? Have you forgotten how to prepare the makeup? Has your scar gotten more prominent? 
You hated it so much, so why would you let it.... 

Spoiler

2mRf6lu.jpg

OuTEdWB.jpg

yLNsbTe.jpgcHnbTf6.jpg

w74O3sW.gifDUW6Fxg.giftTmBB6Q.gif

8hCC4sL.gif

I have to say that the moment he took his mask off is one of my Top Wang So faces. I remember i started all this crazy screencaping thanks to this face! He seems like an elf of Rivendell, not like the ones from the movies but an upgraded one, just as unearhtly beautiful as Tolkien said an elf must be.huBdUCv.jpg

So: I didn't take it off so I wouldn't forget you. I was determined to come back and see you.

Spoiler

r531reC.jpg

i12lZj9.jpg

Soo: I am not a Damiwon court lady, but a Gyobang water maid. I'm not at a level where I can meet you, Your Highness. You have returned safe and sound. You know that I am doing well. That's good enough.

Spoiler

D4JCToQ.jpg

So wants to take Soo out of her lowly and painful life, but Soo doesn´t give him a chance. In order to make him leave, she said that she wants to forget everything and that he makes her recall the bad things that happened to her. @pixelsticks you pointed out that there were differences between SBS and International versions. If i remember well Soo was very hard on So, and there were no voice covers. I remember i was really, really mad at Soo after watching International version. Later when I watched SBS version I calmed down a little.

Spoiler

86Pa1UG.gifz4hFlpE.gif

11bomLw.jpg67QJJeK.jpgCOCp6t3.jpg

5lIVdEJ.gifsuJUyYn.gif

VKONDM9.jpg

Ok this is fun. YH proposed to So and he bluntly rejected her. Ja! She's so selfish, so proud, so sure of herself. She doesn´t deserve So. And he's a little surprised first, but the he is so honest and so all about Soo.

Spoiler

fcl4Lks.gif

gMV9pHA.jpgoJ4AGPg.jpgmMrWjre.jpgLxdi5xo.jpggQULEzs.jpgBurkqaq.jpgKepns7f.jpg5ubAwBM.jpgP0xej8H.jpg

lh2MkIw.gif

So: Without Soo, there would have been no future for me at all. 

So: Now that I've said that, it's become clear now. I am nothing without her.

Spoiler

02nDLEt.jpg

HauXB6X.jpgLowLDEo.jpg

So makes it really hard for me not to swoon like crazy all the episode. And the music does not help. Not only does he looks extremely beautiful, but he acts so manly, so sincere, so worried about Soo well being. He always thinks of her first. His disinterested offer to marry her as a way to take her out of the palace, even if they have to divorce later is love. But you can see the pang in his face when he said it. He knows she doesn´t love him back. Yet he's willing to do anything for her. And I really think Soo was about to say yes... she moves closer to him like she was going to accept. Sadly she rejected him at the end. And here it is, another chance lost! She didn´t learn her lesson after what happened to CLO. We know that there will be a time when Soo will want to go with So but he won´t. He gave her so many chances. Bad timing Soo, as always in this drama.

Spoiler

X0PzO9w.gif rMaxwBG.gif

m6Xe5zb.jpgguUcanF.jpgo7ntDRD.jpgoE6BSMM.jpg

95vK3aV.jpgzT4IQRb.jpg

5VB6w4W.gif

Soam6e8.jpg

Look at these puppy eyes and sad smile, how can you say no to this man!

I'm clueless!

SHnHEyP.jpg

Spoiler

iLKWoRd.jpg

Wook arrives at the worst moment. What right does he have to get in their way? Shameless snake!

Spoiler

2rLGUOL.gif

Still the shallow me loves this confrontation. Why? Because So looks really hot. Like really, really, really HOT.

Spoiler

uwFMbJ7.jpgSrAYBLx.jpgnRW9z04.jpgHyFpWIS.jpgTL6s5Kz.jpg

onQFYH2.gif

efDsXSM.jpgjTqxj9l.jpgrk7riDs.jpgBaSUpyQ.jpg

My favorite quote from this episode. So as always is so right!

6QQwRmu.gif

So: Your uselessness makes me shake in anger.

Spoiler

dDTxfqK.jpg

7ACGFHJ.jpg

Another pearl

So: Stop pretending to care about her and turn your back on her like you've been doing.

Spoiler

w9mnRm5.giffnvYnnj.gifinT2QE8.gif

LdQaj1C.gif

sZdV8gd.jpg18veg7P.jpgHORfan6.jpg

In your face Wook!!!

The amount of beauty cast by So in this episode is insane. I know I´m shallow, and maybe that's why i had to repeat his scenes so many times, but he is so beautiful that i always got lost in his eyes... in his lips... and forget about everything else. Then i had to rewind to read the subtitles but failed again and again. I'm helpless...

... And I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna comment about the other posts and @pixelsticks emoji review tomorrow. I'm happy your discussing the drama @cedarwood!

And please don´t blame me, this post got out of control, but i've already warned you!

All gifs credit to uploaders

• Like 5

I was watching Black Knight TMWGM and i cried at the scene where SH was staring at the painting of himself and HR. I cried not because of the drama or what but because THE feeling that i felt when i first saw Soo staring at the painting of So at the museum came back. The same happened when i watched The Legend of the Blue Sea, when HJ discovered a painting of himself. The scenes are the same but only MLSHR brought out the most emotion in me.

I know it's not fair to always make a reference or compare but i can't help it. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Much of the episode was about snakes attacking each other:

Related imageYou know...it's actually very disturbing googling snake fight

But I totally agree about Episode 12.  The fangs and slithering are all about. 

10 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Finally, why Soo had to speak in whisperings?

Maybe this was a choice to show that she is fearful, broken and weak...as compared to before. 

So: Because with this face, all they can do is curse it, anyway.

Image result for handsome as hell Image result for handsome curse

So why is it that I can't let you go and ignore you?

I am glad we actually heard this voice over...because I wasn't seeing it in the body language at all. 

Why can´t Soo be melted as we are?

Because developing a taste from Snake to Prime Quality Grade A Steak takes time (for your stomach to be able to handle it)

I didn´t know i missed the mask so much until he put it on again! Welcome hottie!!!

I was just about to say...he needs to do a drama where he is a masked man...and then I remembered Iljimae.  Maybe he needs to do a modern day drama with a mask. Or a sci-fi one? 

I have to say that the moment he took his mask off is one of my Top Wang So faces

hehehe  I got you to say it!

4 hours ago, Issabella said:

The scenes are the same but only MLSHR brought out the most emotion in me.

Oh...it happens to all of us!  Don't worry! 

MLSHR REACTIONS AROUND THE WORLD

Translated from Turkish by Bing

I left my heart in this stage. #MoonLovers

Yes!  As @cedarwood said..the LEADS should have had more romantic time! 

• Like 5

@RoxanaR join us then! We're rewatching it. :)

Now... Watched the ep.12 last night and before I come to cooing over Wang So I just... have to... write it... otherwise I'll explode! panda-emoticon-18.gif?1292863507

The last conversation between Wang So and Wang Wook. It was... I know, I'm the one I tried to explain Wook's character. And I still think this way, I never told he stays good man, he just changed because things happened and he didn't stop them. Now... To my fury...

Wook: That child's misfortunes were all due to you. Caught in your fight with Queen Chung Ju Won, she was getting banished here wrongfully. It was you who started it.

Of course, Wook! So started it! He's also responsible for storms, tornados, ice age and WWII. :angry: He was just bored and thought who's life he can screw this time and he noticed random girl and thought: "Ok, hers!" 

But od course it wasn't the end...

So: I informed you of all evidence to prove Soo's innocence, but you could do nothing in the end, right? I am ashamed of your incompetence.

True! Wook just can't move, can he? He promises a lot but never does anything.

Also:

So: Rather than act like you care for her, just look away, like you've always done. Now that there's no in-law type relationship, you have nothing to do with her, right?

In your face, Wook!

But that was only the last convo. What really made me furious was Wook's quick conversation with Soo.

Wook: Being unable to make any  promises, I couldn't come.

Hmpf! Of course you can make promises. As usual. Only promises. panda-emoticon-72.gif?1292863522

Wook: My being too useless, I couldn't do anything for you.

As if you ever could! But I'm glad you thought of it and had some self-reflection. Not that it changed anything...

Then he tells his bull**it that he missed her every day blah blah blah and then:

Wook: Things will improve very soon. So... When I become a bit more powerful--

He comes back to making promises. AGAIN. panda-emoticon-49.gif?1292863516 Wook, give me a break! When you become useful and powerful, Soo will watch her grandchildren play!

Where are this man's balls? He left them at home or what???

Those two coversations made me so furious I couldn't stop swearing. Arrrghhhhh!!!

But who cares about Wook? I know he'll do ONE good thing in the end (good in some way) but till then - let's forget about him. We have So! And Wang So is like honey to me. Have you noticed how his face changed when he wore his mask again?! The dog wolf came back on screen in a second! panda-emoticon-19.gif?1292863508 I immediatelly felt thrill and LJG had my full attention. I... ahm... tried to go into screen. *cough*  Not to mention how beautiful he looked. And even more beautiful when he came back and took his mask off. And my eyes were so full of tears when Soo told him all those words so he won't be in danger because of her. At the beginning of this episode she said that she cannot ignore him (YESSS!!!), and now... her feelings are slowly changing. Well, finally! Girl, you're coming to your senses! I mean how long woman can love useless man who always lets her down? I'm sorry, love can be not smart, it can be even idiotic, but if one person can't depend on another then love ends. No matter how beautiful was this feeling people can't stand being with someone who NEVER helps. Let's forget about pathological cases for a moment. 

So is always there for her. When Wooks talks, So acts. His strong man and women love strong men. They want strong men for fathers of their children. So wants to protect Soo but he also knows she can help herself. Just sometimes the rest of the world is too much for her. And he knows she's delicate. She may pretend to be strong but.. well.. when So saw her after a year he noticed she limps, she doesn't look well, her hands are worn out of hard work, she's not respected by anyone and she's in the lowest possition possible. 

Wook turns his back on her, damn it, and then comes back to show his tears... for God's sake... 

Apart from Wang So on a horse, Wang So becoming wolf-dog again, Wang So coming back and taking off his mask, Wang So basically saying to his father to kiss his a**, Wang So in love, Wang So caring, Wang So so beautifully played by Lee Joon Gi...

I like the scene when Yeon Hwa parts her ways with queen Yoo. Yoo was surprised so much it made me broadly smile. Also I think Yeon Hwa impressed her. A young smart girl showed her a finger in Goryeo style. I'm not Yeon Hwa's fan (although I admire her strength and pushing things to work for her - she's like a tank sometimes) but this moment was PERRRRRFECT.

Can't wait when Soo give her heart fully to So. panda-emoticon-09.gif?1292863505 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 17.1.2018 at 4:18 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

I think even if she didn’t fake drinking the poisoned tea, someone would have eventually found So and Soo – it is a palace after all; there must be maids and guards nearby. But So would have made it to look like that Soo has no connection with it.

I'm not sure they will be in time to save So, and of course Soo would never let So dying alone, but if you are right... does it mean that there wouldn´t be a Rain Scene?

Ooh, thanks for the pics and gif, I was searching for them for this scene but couldn’t find much. 

My pleasure! have to admit it always takes a lot of time to look for gifs and i ususally can´t find the exact ones i want...

:ph34r: I love the Jail Scene a little bit more than the Rain Scene :ph34r: 

At first i was the same... now i'm not sure anymore...

Mhm… let me think: the way he looks at her when she does his make up for the first time :wub:; and when they talk after the rain ritual :wub:; and when after he comes back from Later Jin and calls her beautiful when she is a maid :wub:; and when they go on a boat ride :wub:; and the way he looks at her in wonder when she kisses him first :wub:; and when she sneaks away to see him when he gets injured by Yo’s arrow :wub:; and when they talk about children after he becomes the king :wub:; and at the festival after the backhug and kissing her on the cheeks…:wub: and many, many more instances. So, no – there is nothing more beautiful than the way he looks at her. Or the way he behaves around her. There's nothing more beautiful than the way So loves Soo. love you crazy rabbit

Agreeeeee

I was so naïve, I was waiting for So and Soo to meet in the modern times until the very last moment. Even when the credits were rolling I was hoping they would show at least a little glimpse of their reunion. I was so stupid! head crazy rabbitconfused onion head

More stupid tham me that I am still waiting?

Because it's easier to make So pay for everything as he's alone and no one supports him

The reason for this might be because, the writers and the PD too, 1)hate us 2)like snake Wook 3)they ship Soo with the snake vomiting onion head

All the above?

On 17.1.2018 at 10:52 PM, pixelsticks said:

<<<the music here is perfectly timed with their actions…and Soo’s skirt is oh so pretty!>>>

I forgot to comment about it! i love the skirt...

• 8:25 So is ready for travel! He puts on the mask and rides off like the BAMF that he is.<<<what some fans were hoping for>>>

:lol: i won´t complain... i'm sure they coulddo it in the right way...

• QUESTION:  Why didn’t they think that So took her with him?  And WHY didn’t So just take her?

Jung is well informed about the gossips around the palace, maybe he knew So left alone... And maybe So thought that Soo was not in good conditions to travel with him.. she doesn´t even walk well anymore

•  
  • Wook goes to her room, finds it empty and falls apart. If you would have only MANNED UPWookie!!  <<<I mean..this girl gave you SO many chances….and she still will>>>

he couldn´t manned up because he's not a man, remember he's a SNAKE!

•  <<<OK so NOW you are gonna drop him like a HOT POTATO….right…right???>>>

Of course not... you always said so.. She can be a stupid girl

• <<<ahhh the music…and Lee Joon Gi’s voice saying “ You never did listen”>>> He comes closer and gives her that Korean backhug. “I missed you.”  <<<Bam…he didn’t have to be asked…now did he??>>>         

Perfect scene, perfect So, perfect voice, perfect backhug...i would die for that backhiug and his voice in my ear...

• 37:50 Is Soo sleeping in the Palace?  Why is she there? 

haha i was wondering the same thing...

“Let’s get married.” <<<<Every Lee Joon Gi’s fangirl’s dream>>>>  She’s like WHAT.  “I cannot do that,” she says.  <<<ummm … I and 1000s of MLSHR fans say>>> 

you speak my mind...

Bring on some sword battles!  This show needed more of them!

Again have to agreeeee!

On 19.1.2018 at 11:01 AM, Issabella said:

I was watching Black Knight TMWGM and i cried at the scene where SH was staring at the painting of himself and HR. I cried not because of the drama or what but because THE feeling that i felt when i first saw Soo staring at the painting of So at the museum came back. The same happened when i watched The Legend of the Blue Sea, when HJ discovered a painting of himself. The scenes are the same but only MLSHR brought out the most emotion in me.

i haven´t watched any of the dramas you named... but i can´t help to compare MLSHR and So with every drama and leading man... and no drama or actor can win over MLSHR or So

On 19.1.2018 at 4:19 PM, pixelsticks said:

You know...it's actually very disturbing googling snake fight.  

Great gif! it was worth your effort! thank you and sorry for the bad time you had :lol:

Maybe this was a choice to show that she is fearful, broken and weak...as compared to before. 

i can understand that... but still it gets on my nerves...

I am glad we actually heard this voice over...because I wasn't seeing it in the body language at all. 

And sadly it's not the only time that something like this happens

I was just about to say...he needs to do a drama where he is a masked man...and then I remembered Iljimae.  Maybe he needs to do a modern day drama with a mask. Or a sci-fi one? 

Yes please!!! i loved his masked Iljimae, i´m in love with masked So... a masked JG in a modern drama would be heaven! sci-fi sounds fine... 

10 hours ago, RoxanaR said:

I miss this drama so much, I think I gonna watch it again :) ..........

PS:Moon lovers is still the most beautiful drama ,I ever watched 

Then watch it again!!! and you are right ML is the most beautiful drma ever!!!

10 hours ago, RoxanaR said:

I never noticed the were a lot of videos asking for season 2  :heart:

i think it would be hard to have season two... because of the ratings, and they would need to have the whole cast again if they want to make it work. it won´t be easy...

7 hours ago, cedarwood said:

But who cares about Wook? I know he'll do ONE good thing in the end (good in some way)

What was that thing? i can´t remember anything good from him...

We have So! And Wang So is like honey to me. Have you noticed how his face changed when he wore his mask again?! The dog wolf came back on screen in a second! 

I noticed... and i love it!

So is always there for her. When Wooks talks, So acts.

You are so right!

Can't wait when Soo give her heart fully to So. panda-emoticon-09.gif?1292863505 

Me too... they make us wait for so long... and then everything ended so soon... they were so mean to us

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

Happy to see this thread still going and hot! I miss Junki in a historical he needs to do another one hopefully it will be good again. In the mean time I might rewatch this as I miss him. 

Writers/PD please pair these two up again!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Of course, Wook! So started it! He's also responsible for storms, tornados, ice age and WWII. :angry: He was just bored and thought who's life he can screw this time and he noticed random girl and thought: "Ok, hers!" 

BWAA!!!   :wub:

Hmpf! Of course you can make promises. As usual. Only promises. panda-emoticon-72.gif?1292863522

Promises you don't intend to keep...well maybe he knew he couldn't keep...so he stopped...for a bit....?  

He comes back to making promises. AGAIN. panda-emoticon-49.gif?1292863516 Wook, give me a break! When you become useful and powerful, Soo will watch her grandchildren play!

Where are this man's balls? He left them at home or what???

Those two coversations made me so furious I couldn't stop swearing. Arrrghhhhh!!!

I have pillows to throw at him....if you need them!

So wants to protect Soo but he also knows she can help herself.

THIS!!

Wook turns his back on her, damn it, and then comes back to show his tears... for God's sake... 

Oh so true to point that out.  It was almost like...I know your in a bad spot but just look at my bad spot I'm in and forgive me. 

15 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

My pleasure! have to admit it always takes a lot of time to look for gifs and i ususally can´t find the exact ones i want...

I am amazed at the depth you CAN discover and find the right gifs!  And I know you have SO many screencaps so I am surprised you aren't posting more of those.

I was so naïve, I was waiting for So and Soo to meet in the modern times until the very last moment. Even when the credits were rolling I was hoping they would show at least a little glimpse of their reunion. I was so stupid! head crazy rabbitconfused onion head

Me too...maybe a 10th Anniversary???

Perfect scene, perfect So, perfect voice, perfect backhug...i would die for that backhiug and his voice in my ear...

So many goosebumps...I'd probably start laughing out loud though. 

Great gif! it was worth your effort! thank you and sorry for the bad time you had :lol:

I watched a Planet Earth on Netflix last night...

Spoiler

and watched dozens of snakes attack newly hatched dragon lizards.  Well I actually didn't watch...I put up my arm and yelled at Netflix to get it over with.

they make us wait for so long... and then everything ended so soon... they were so mean to us

YUP!

13 hours ago, Kelly86 said:

Happy to see this thread still going and hot! I miss Junki in a historical he needs to do another one hopefully it will be good again. In the mean time I might rewatch this as I miss him. 

Word!  We are rewatching and on Episode 13 now.    

Hey @bluelilac1214 and @glassnokamen  Image result for where are you

• Like 4

14 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

the way he looks at her when she does his make up for the first time :wub:

I must admit something... I wish a man looked at me like that. Only once in a lifetime would be enough. *sigh*

I need a good fanfiction... I can't count on drama makers. They won't do second season. :(

Perfect scene, perfect So, perfect voice, perfect backhug...

Can we elaborate a bit about his voice? 'Cause to play Wang So LJG used his soft, lower voice which is like pouring heart with honey... Mhhhhrrrr... :wub:

What was that thing? i can´t remember anything good from him...

If you don't remember this would be a spoiler to you. :tongue:

Me too... they make us wait for so long... and then everything ended so soon... they were so mean to us

I know... but the more precious are those scenes to us...

3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

well maybe he knew he couldn't keep...so he stopped...for a bit....?  

I think he really believes he can do anything when he makes his promises. And then... I don't know. Maybe he thinks everything will make itself or something. <_< Which makes him worse than Bloody Stupid Johnson. Why? If he at least TRIED to do something and didn't manage I wouldn't despise him so much. Pity. I liked him at the beginning. Somehow I understand why he became like this. But it doesn't mean I understand him.

4 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I have pillows to throw at him....if you need them!

Give me some nice bazooka... 

4 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Oh so true to point that out.  It was almost like...I know your in a bad spot but just look at my bad spot I'm in and forgive me. 

Give me something, I'll finish him off!

giphy.gif

tumblr_lxrcgglegw1qdelmgo2_500.gif

Ahhh, thank you, guys!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

I wish a man looked at me like that.

You mean to tell me there is no worthy man in Poland?  

30 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Can we elaborate a bit about his voice?

Go ahead.....serenade onion headpurrrrrrrrr

31 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

If he at least TRIED to do something and didn't manage I wouldn't despise him so much.

He was all about waiting for the BEST time to do something and not adapting WHEN/if that schedule changed. 

32 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Give me some nice bazooka... 

I don't have a bazooka, but I do have some airsoft weapons. <<<although I think they are all jammed with BBs>>>  And fake lightsabers. 

34 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Ahhh, thank you, guys!

Ahh....the fellows!  There should be a KDrama based on a fellowship like this...

MLSHR REACTIONS AROUND THE WORLD

• Like 3

Hi ladies... That's an assumption...  Any of you guys? 

So I'm from cape town South Africa. And am firmly a hajunse now lol. Il go check out his thread sometime.. Must say my Instagram had a lot of gong yoo.. Now we have a competition with lee joongi.

So Il try my hand at a review... Can't be pictorial like yourl tho... Using my mobile. 

Ep 12.

So said his piece.stood up for her. Taking is punishment. So loyal and straight as an arrow.

We found out in this episode that taejo knows 4th prince will be king. He thinks hae soo is an obstacle ... In the year that followed while So was away he did research then realised her future origins and that she plays a part and sort of brings her back as a daughter by extension via his love CLO. I don't like the king but I see his actions have reasons. 

JM was a Bit shocked that soo was being sent away as he knows she plays a part. The king wasn't precise. He just said away from the princes... So he set her up in the outer palace as a water maid. Its like the cleaning staff. Completely out of sight ... Below thier interest. But that's why she is in the palace quarters for cleaners where JM finds her later in the episode .

Omg lets talk about feeeeellllls.

The contrast of his Orange clothes brightens the day.warms your heart. His so open and honest. And I have that gif where he pulls her against him... That trademark So Soo action pull. On my phone ans watch it often. Paabo. ... I mean face it in a time where ppeople in power never ask for permission ... His so noble... Ahhh.  And that grin after he kisses her and says I lied. When he turns and waves and smiles that carefree smile. I live for those. Later in the series When his responsibilities ensue that smile is gone. Davichi song in the background... Love that song. Brings awesomest if feels 

Nicely done by the writers... So walks away smiling , promising to be back ...then she walks into wook who turns away. Cowardly snake.

Her limping breaks my heart. 

I totally agree... We needed more combat scenes horseback , even jung who i don't like for 80% of this series as a captain at sea. Strong background music, princes at work. Lol

Wook idiot writing her a letter. You can't live academically. You loved your wife but couldn't say it and only realised when she died. Gotta learn to act. And when he does learn to act it's all wrong... Helping Yoo is not the way .

That brotherly tag team to get the king to attend was awful... On the bright sjde at least they worked together lol.

YH was pretty clever. Slimy slithery but clever. Guess she had to be that way to survive . made an enemy of the queen. The queen poisoned her mum heard ago so had it coming 

Must say Yoo  eye liner is on point in this series .. Puts most woman to shame.

Lets talk about the snake... Jung goes off for a year fighting at the borders and he knows where soo is ... Wook didnt even bother to investigate where she was. Do anything. Medicine sent by a anonymous donor nothing. richard simmons.

Hooooot *flames* ... When So tells the king off, im not king nor will I be... I will be a person now. Calls out the kings deception. And walks away. 

Laundry scene.... Wowoeowowow his so tall when he hunches for the back hug... Aarg. If that was me I woulda died happily .his saying he missed me in my ear. Their eyes searching each other's face and body for harm. She still yepuda even with the dried hands. Her sorry about his scar. Soooo sweet

And then our mood drops like a hot potato when when rejects him again.his happy face to shocked face when she says his who she wants to avoid.

YH proposal... She needs to survive. And she did always like him. Let's face it who doesn't like the hot outcast bad boy growing up. In a way this chat was important. He realised his love and that the sane thing to do would be to act on it and marry the girl .  .. Without Soo I wouldnt have a future. Without her I am nothing. *Lots of hearts*

King chAt.. She is an idiot... King even tells her stop worrying so about the future... The future will be That you don't live in the now. Idiot girl. Live for the now. This scene and the next. Had she taking the kings advice and taken So proposal and left and married everything woudve been easy for her. BUT we wouldn't have had another 8 episodes and as much as she coulda had her happily ever after 4th prince needed to be king to exact the changes in Goryeo that still is a base for today's korea. And So had to be there as most of what he did was for her. 

I agree most of the sword princess wasn't needed. She was just love interest for Baekha. So as much as I don't care... Seeing baekha smile and play music and dress in his happy pastel arty colours were enough.

So proposal is all she wanted . to not be at the palace. Someone who loved and didn't want the crown. Bleh. She cried about how things turned out but it was offered to her she turned it down. BUT she was being sacrificial for the greater good. So had a bigger destiny than being her husband at the beachside. ... You are my person❤ ... Then the snake and he had to see that proposal...and calling So on empty promises... Wook So is not you. What he says he does. This face off was long time coming. Our So is so smart. Saw the armour and immedietly knew richard simmons was going down.

Baekha miming the moves , smile on his face, so proud of his beloved, then smile becomes pensive and he realises... Omo omo... He goes in the way... Not for love of father, maybe to protect the king but more to protect her. 

I thought he was a goner. Looked like the knife went deep almost thru him. I feel they didnt close that nicely... We don't know who patched him up, or anything. 

Stop acting and continue acting like you have. Tell him So ... 

Anyway that me on 12. Off to bed for me. Ciao ladies. 

Unrelated I taught my toddler to call me Omma and the hubby Abouji 

• Like 4

hi onion head@zakz from South Africa!  Welcome to the MLSHR thread and the ReWatch/Review/Retake of this engaging drama! 

I believe there were some gentlemen in this thread at one point, but not at the moment.  If you are there...speak up!

5 hours ago, zakz said:

So Il try my hand at a review...

Yay!!

5 hours ago, zakz said:

I mean face it in a time where ppeople in power never ask for permission ... His so noble... Ahhh.  And that grin after he kisses her and says I lied. When he turns and waves and smiles that carefree smile. I live for those. Later in the series When his responsibilities ensue that smile is gone. Davichi song in the background... Love that song. Brings awesomest if feels 

You are right.  So could have used his princely status and been quite a manipulator/jerk.  But he wasn't.  I need to remember the smiles because there are not much more to be had in the next episodes.

5 hours ago, zakz said:

I totally agree... We needed more combat scenes horseback , even jung who i don't like for 80% of this series as a captain at sea. Strong background music, princes at work. Lol

Wouldn't that have been great?  Jung fighting those pirates.  Being a general.  So dealing with skirmishes while he was an Ambassador. Even Soon Deok battling with her father the General. Ahhh...the missed opportunities. 

5 hours ago, zakz said:

Wook didnt even bother to investigate where she was.

And she wasn't even that far?  So Double Negative for him!

5 hours ago, zakz said:

She is an idiot.

Why Yes  ...vkimJVh.png So even said so himself. 

5 hours ago, zakz said:

taken So proposal and left and married everything woudve been easy for her.

&

5 hours ago, zakz said:

to not be at the palace. Someone who loved and didn't want the crown. Bleh. She cried about how things turned out but it was offered to her she turned it down.

Yes....this is part of my frustration with Soo's character choices.  It is what she said she wanted at the beginning of the show.  And then when it is offered to her she doesn't take it. But then again...she was just reminded by the King why So needs to be King.  I would have liked some time for her character to have realized that she had fallen for So...and been frustrated because she also knew he was to become the King.  Watch her struggle within her own desires vs doing what is right for Korean history. 

5 hours ago, zakz said:

Baekha miming the moves , smile on his face, so proud of his beloved, then smile becomes pensive and he realises... Omo omo... He goes in the way... Not for love of father, maybe to protect the king but more to protect her. 

Yes, I do believe that was his motivation.  To save her from being a King killer. 

5 hours ago, zakz said:

I feel they didnt close that nicely... We don't know who patched him up, or anything. 

And yes....they really dropped that event and didn't show how he ended up being...

LCuBieY.png

I do think there is a lot of footage that never aired. Ahhh...will it ever see the light of day? 

• Like 2