[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Does anyone realized how heavy the PPL (product placement) in MLSHR? 
From the first episode, to the part where Soo create the concealer, and at the final episode. 
It's not soft selling method anymore, it's hard selling with Go Ha Jin advertised it to future Jimong.
In ideal world, drama should be free of PPL or at least not being so blatant about it. But.. I can understand the dilemma. 

Oh well.. what funds the drama need to get the money worth, right. :blink:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Does anyone realized how heavy the PPL (product placement) in MLSHR? 
From the first episode, to the part where Soo create the concealer, and at the final episode. 
It's not soft selling method anymore, it's hard selling with Go Ha Jin advertised it to future Jimong.
In ideal world, drama should be free of PPL or at least not being so blatant about it. But.. I can understand the dilemma. 

Oh well.. what funds the drama need to get the money worth, right. :blink:

:) I'm thankful at least that Subway isn't in this drama - that would have just been too much! I was surprised it didn't come out this time around - hardly any drama I've seen lately that there isn't a compulsory stop at Subway... :P

• Like 7

Away during the weekend and have to backtrack 20 something pages, you guys are awesome.

I was reading somewhere, maybe on this forum, maybe on another website about how HS tearing up in front of the painting come across as ingenuine  and too little too late. Soo who decided to leave So was someone at the end of her wits, she was broken down both physically and mentally. And while Ha Jin may have the same soul and the same memory, she is in a different condition entirely. I’m a believer that your decision is also influenced by your physical and environment, if I’m in her shoes I would also feel a tremendous amount of guilt, if only I was strong enough, if only I hang on just a little bit longer.

I hope my thoughts translate well.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

Ebay, since I can't navigate the Minhwee website, so I'm relying on a genuine seller from South Korea.  

Sadly, I tried to hint at my boyfriend to buy it for me, and he's like, "Girl..please. Buy it yourself, you have the money. Just pretend I gave it to you if you're that obsessed with the drama." My Wang So IRL is sooo cheap and unromantic. LOL

do the bite lips of HS! hahaha

• Like 8

Found this fanfic and read it on my way to work. A total Alternate Universe fic. It's a dark fairy-tale with Wang So as the "Black Dragon". The story premise itself is interesting, and combined with the author's beautiful language, it's like being transported to a whole new world for me. Absolutely breathtaking. Try it.

7Uo6TNd.jpg

The Bride of the Black Dragon by LilyMaxwell

The author has done a few Modern-WangSo fics as well. Not as spectacular as this one, but they are all beautifully written, nonetheless. I'm so in love with the author's language command.

Anyway, if you love it, please let the author know through kudos & comments & shares. Enjoy! :heart:

@ldwon4 @moonangelcake @jerboa83 @ktcjdrama @sosooyah19 @kriswu @Hanazumi @shairli You all seem to be interested in good fics, so I'm taggin you all here. ^_^

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Found this fanfic and read it on my way to work. A total Alternate Universe fic. It's a dark fairy-tale with Wang So as the "Black Dragon". The story premise itself is interesting, and combined with the author's beautiful language, it's like being transported to a whole new world for me. Absolutely breathtaking. Try it.

7Uo6TNd.jpg

The author has done a few Modern-WangSo fics as well. Not as spectacular as this one, but they are all beautifully written, nonetheless. I'm so in love with the author's language command.

Anyway, if you love it, please let the author know through kudos & comments & shares. Enjoy! :heart:

@ldwon4 @moonangelcake @jerboa83 @ktcjdrama @sosooyah19 @kriswu @Hanazumi @shairli You all seem to be interested in good fics, so I'm taggin you all here. ^_^

Is it like the bride of the water god? I got the vibe when I read the first line.

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, zi4r said:

7Uo6TNd.jpg

39 minutes ago, penforella said:

Is it like the bride of the water god? I got the vibe when I read the first line.

The premise is kinda similar. But it's not set in as intricate a universe as The Bride of the Water God.

This story basically has only two characters --- So & Soo. Nonetheless, for a one-shot, it has quite satisfying breath & depth.

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

:) I'm thankful at least that Subway isn't in this drama - that would have just been too much! I was surprised it didn't come out this time around - hardly any drama I've seen lately that there isn't a compulsory stop at Subway... :P

Hahahaha.. that Subway scene is too much!
I guess, it will be difficult to pull a Subway scene with a Goryeo theme. Soo should've have made traditional Subway in Goryeo (complete with handmade cheese) to prepare for PPL in modern era. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, junejungki said:

Yes!! It is gorgeous!! I wish I'm pretty & girly enough to wear that. But unfortunately, I'm just a slave of Goryeo clansmen :cry:

Pffft. Eff Goryeo standards. I'm sure you'll look beautiful with it. A diamond in the rough. ;) 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Hahahaha.. that Subway scene is too much!
I guess, it will be difficult to pull a Subway scene with a Goryeo theme. Soo should've have made traditional Subway in Goryeo (complete with handmade cheese) to prepare for PPL in modern era. 

Ha Jin to Future Ji Mong: Unknown to most people now, this particular sub (made with the best chicken as recommended and secretly recorded by one court lady called Chae Ryung in the Goryeo dynasty) has been enjoyed since the 10th century... We are now offering it here in Korea served with fresh mushrooms and... *swoons*

Ha Jin (thinking to self): Why is this... familiar? This sub, no, this chicken, I remember sharing it with that man I saw in my dreams... 

Future Ji Mong : *Smiles knowingly* - I always knew Subway was the key...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, zi4r said:

The premise is kinda similar. But it's not set in as intricate a universe as The Bride of the Water God.

This story basically has only two characters --- So & Soo. Nonetheless, for a one-shot, it has quite satisfying breath & depth.

Speaking of BOTWG, I heard that the script is almost complete and that the drama will take place in the modern era. I'm hoping JG picks up this project. At this point, he's been every role except for a god. 

• Like 10

Now we have to mourn the lost opportunity, instead of having modern JM as historian we could have him work at Subway, HJ and JM could meet while HJ buying oh SO delicious subway sandwich. Then only after her first bite of Subway sandwich all the repressed memory come flooding back.

I might just go and get myself a meatball sandwich later. :phew:

5 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

Speaking of BOTWG, I heard that the script is almost complete and that the drama will take place in the modern era. I'm hoping JG picks up this project. At this point, he's been every role except for a god. 

I might be wrong, but did I read somewhere that LJG was in contention for this project?

• Like 8

@Umi_ni_Sora  I have tried to find that BTS of where IU and JG were sitting on a bed, and it looks like JG was completely overtaken by IU's beautiful face .... Are you able to post the link please ??  I would love to see it :) I did find this though in slow motion - beautiful ...

Aah - this is so natural - just love it - my heart is full:wub:

• Like 24

1 minute ago, penforella said:

Now we have to mourn the lost opportunity, instead of having modern JM as historian we could have him work at Subway, HJ and JM could meet while HJ buying oh SO delicious subway sandwich. Then only after her first bite of Subway sandwich all the repressed memory come flooding back.

I might just go and get myself a meatball sandwich later. :phew:

All those dramas hyping up Subway were on to something - Subway is the key to releasing repressed memories from a previous life!!! How can all the memories of a great epic love resist the delicious flavor of a Black Forest Ham sandwich??? Who knows if my Wang So has been wandering around waiting for me, but I can't remember because I haven't had my Subway yet? #Grabs purse heading to nearest Subway.

• Like 5

Greetings, All...

Just watched Ep. 20 with subs... yes, I'm very, very late....  Just wanted to say to anyone who is still following this thread... SEQUEL!!!!  YAY!!!! (imagine 1,000 thumbs up!) :blush:

An ending that is sad without being sad because you just know WS is going to find HS....  One more thing... I just loved the death scenes in this drama and the beautiful music with the notes soaring up to Heaven.  Bravo Writer-Director-PD-nim, bravo!

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again... CP

• Like 14

The PD just lacked imagination, we could have so much potential with Subway PPL, just on the top of my head, people beware*:

• Ha Jin could have been eating subway sandwich, after working all day at subway store and choke on it to transport her back to Goryeo instead of drowning.
  • Hae Soo could have been the creator of subway sandwich instead of BB cream, she could have create subway sandwich based on each prince preference.
  • So could have eaten poisoned subway instead of lame tea and everyone will definitely point their finger to Hae Soo.
  • Imagine Hae Soo teaching So how to say Sub-waeh instead of Pegasus.

*result of overactive imagination and MLSHR withdrawal syndrome.

• Like 10

@luvkstyle - Here you go, chingu. Happens around the 0.25 mark. Throughout the BTS, he keeps forgetting his lines when he looks at her. Can he be any more obvious? LOL

@penforella - Oh no, where did you read this? So, I guess he was approached for the role? I hope they change it to his liking. I would love to see him in another fantasy romance drama.

• Like 17