[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

On 25/10/2016 at 6:19 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Whaddya know... Su's primary purpose in Goryeo is to put So on the throne... and all the rest is just gravy, girl. Falling in love with the would-be king was always going to be a tough call but you made it all the way to the royal palace and got to sleep with the King. Marriage would be bonus.

Am I from another planet or what? I must be because I I LOVED Ep. 17. The episode rocked! I feel like such an alien in a sea of weeping and gnashing of teeth but I really enjoyed it. Truth be told, I was so terrified of watching it after reading the comments overnight that I almost put it off but then I thought... what the heck... put me out of my misery!

It had such a nice mix of palace intrigue and So-Su cuteness. I didn't think I could be more in love with LJG in this show than I already am but King Gwangjong just raised the temperature in the room another threefold. I could really get used to that top knot hairdo thing and the black number with the nice gold sash. But King Gwangjong being lover to Su is just the most adorable thing that walked this earth... Good Lord man... it's criminal that a ruthless king can be so fiery one minute and so gorgeously cute the next. Babies and marriage just rolls off his tongue in the same fashion as rounding up people for the slaughter.

@40somethingahjumma I WILL HOLD ON TO ALL THOSE PHRASES... HWAITING! \ ^ 0 ^ /

• Like 11

Well,this is just a wishful thinking, HaeSoo's body is too thin and small to wear that Queen outfit, don't you think?? She's like a porcelain doll, easy to break. 

Compare to YeonHwa, i'm so sorry to say this but, YeonHwa is better fit for that. She looked glorious, like indeed she meant to be a queen. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, pass3rby said:

Cheek bone, jawline, and neck to die for :sweatingbullets:

Hard to deny that LJK is god-like kind of guy. I watched this drama because of him, tbh. But as time goes by i got my eyes on Baek Ah.

His charm caught me, and since then i can't get my eyes off of him. :wub:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Yeekrfan2 said:

Those beautiful eyes are called PHOENIX EYES by the Chinese. “Phoenix eyes” as the literally meaning, the eyes contour to the like of phoenix's eyes, no matter single eyelid or double eyelid. The eyes shape is slimmer and longer than most people. The inner canthus downwards as the head of phoenix while the outer canthus upwards as tail, upper and lower eyelines makes soft radians, otherwise degrees of stiff is triangular eyes. 

Women blessed with Phoenix eyes are the death of men and blessed in a man - LEE JOON GI  :wub: death of women & men too!  :P

:blush: Me too! He is always more gorgeous than handsome to me and sometimes came so close to being handsome in his badass dramas "Time Between Dog & Wolf" (irony he came full circle as a wolf-dog in ML) & "Two Weeks".  He is so GORGEOUS x HANDSOME in ML!

Beautiful illustration -- I couldn't have described it half as well ! Glad we see eye-to-eye ;)

Nevermind the leading lady, I am dying of heart palpitations first.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Ep 19 - 20: Farewell to my eternal love

In the ep 19 preview, the sequence of events are jumbled in my opinion. My version for Ep 19-20 is as follows. Parts of Baek Ah and Woo Hee are not included as my concern is only So-Soo. Points 11-25 could be vastly different from the drama. I just need to get these thoughts out of my system. 

1. GJ plots to get rid of Wook - with the help of YH and Won. 

2. Wook is condemned to death for attempted treason. 

3. Soo steps in to beg for Wook's life - possible that Wook's mother asked her for help and tells her the sequence of Wook's progression into the dark side. Given her personality, she risks her life to help Wook one last time - out of guilt, out of her loyalty to her late cousin, out of whatever residual feeling she has left for 8th. She succeeds in getting his life saved but causes a permanent rift in her relationship with So. 

4. Wook reflects on the sequence of events and figures out that his sister has betrayed him for GJ. By then, Jung will have gotten wind of Soo's decision to leave with him. 

5. So gets the late King's edict to betroth Soo to Jung. He refuses to acknowledge the edict. Jung shows the hairpin as proof of Soo's decision. The sight of his token of love to Soo hurts GJ deeply. Baek Ah realises the significance of Soo's request and is devastated. 

6. Wook loses all hope in his life and family. He confronts GJ for a final show down - tells him the truth about the poisoning incident, YH's involvement and why he couldn't save Soo. He pulls everyone into the blackhole with him - if he has to suffer, GJ and YH will have to suffer along. Soo becomes the collateral damage in this confrontation.

7. GJ is devastated by Wook's confession and links her determination to save Wook as a sign of her love for Wook. He confronts Soo and she admits to her past relationship with Wook. GJ tells her that he doesn't want to see her anymore and she has the permission to leave the palace. 

8. Soo leaves the palace and Songgak for good. Before she steps out of the gilded cage, she looks back with tears in her eyes and memories of the past flashing before her. Soo knows she will never see the palace again. 

9. GJ looks from afar with tears streaming down his face. Memories of happier times flashing before him. WS is inconsolable but GJ soldiers on. He fulfils his promise to YH to give her an heir. 

10. Time skip. Soo starts life anew with Jung in exile. A celebration of marriage is prohibited between them but Jung is happy to have Soo by his side and tries his best to make her happy. Soo misses So deeply and continues her writing every day. 

11. GJ continues to consolidate his empire. He has spies in Jung's household. Jung is aware of it. GJ gets reports on Soo and Jung regularly. 

12. Jung creates an illusion of intimacy between him and Soo for the spies to report back to GJ, mainly to rile GJ. GJ is devastated that Soo has finally moved on from him and orders that reports on Jung's household must not be presented to him from here on. 

13. In the mean time, Soo's health continues to deteriorate. She knows her end is near. Asks Jung to help her to deliver a letter to GJ. She hopes to see him one last time. 

14. Jung accedes her request. Notices her handwriting is too similar to GJ's. He puts her letter in another envelope with his handwriting on the envelope. 

15. Letter reaches GJ. GJ doesn't read it. 

16. Soo dolls herself up the best that she can. Deteriorates rapidly.

17. GJ dreams of Soo. His right arm where he was once wounded aches terribly. 

18. Soo gives up hope that So will come to her. She asks Jung to cremate her right away after she dies and throw her ashes into the ocean/lake on a windy day. She wants to forget all of them. She asks him to let go of the past and live on fruitfully. Soo doesn't leave any last words for her beloved. She dies in Jung's arms. Soo finally leaves Goryeo behind. We see a solar eclipse transporting Soo back to modern time the moment she passes on. 

19. Jimong sees the solar eclipse and sighs for the loss of his kindred spirit Soo. He knows she is gone. 

20. Words finally reach GJ and Baek Ah that Soo has passed away. He is shocked beyond words. He scrambles for the unread letter. He finds it and opens it with trembling hands. He sees Soo's handwriting for the first time. Reads the letter while the audience weeps with him. All inconsolable. Ambulance and medics should be on standby at LJG's fan meeting. 

21. GJ and Baek Ah arrives at Jung's residence. Fight ensues. Baek Ah stops them, asks them to let Soo leave in peace after being sandwiched between all the brothers for the past 10 years. 

22. So enters Soo's room to find her belongings - the hairpin, the arrow, stacks of her writing...So breaks down once again. He knows she left with him etched in her heart. There was no room for anyone else. He was her eternal love, just like she is to him. She is completely his person, always and forever. Need more back up on ambulance and medics - many are suffering from excessive sobbing and heart aches.  

23. So takes her ashes back to Songgak. Jimong tries to explain to GJ about Soo/Ha Jin - offends GJ and is banished. So and Baek Ah throws her ashes into the ocean or Dongji lake as per her wishes. GJ mulls on Soo's odd ways and concludes that he will find her one way or the other. 

24. GJ lives for another 20+ years, misses Soo everyday. GJ tries to leave clues for the future Soo/Ha Jin. Dies on a solar eclipse in 975. 

25. Time skip 1000 years to modern day Seoul. Your guess is as good as mine. Let's hope for a good ending with all the loose ends tied up nicely. 

Will we all be alright on Tuesday night? I am going to ask my hubby and kids to stay out of my way from 9pm. 

I can definitely see all of that happening unfortunately. I'm still holding out for a slightly happier goryeo ending but am preparing for this type of ending instead. 

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 21

13 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Ep 17-18 sped up the sequence of events in the original novel and C-BBJX. We have 2 more episodes to bring this epic love story to a close.

Hide contents

In BBJX, the eagle incident happened during Kangxi's reign. That incident ended 8th Prince's lifelong struggle to be the crown prince/emperor. The attention shifted to 14th prince to take over the throne as he became powerful as a grand general and was the favoured sonwith strong family backing from his maternal side. When 4th prince took over the throne by force - the 8th prince gang was up in arms to fight but were helpless against a very prepared 4th Prince who had Longkodo and Nian Gengyao. 14th prince was faraway from the palace in a battle. Ruoxi was also the first to kneel and greet 4th prince as emperor at the death bed of Kangxi. RX's guilt was extremely deep rooted as Kangxi was a father like figure to her and she knew 4th Prince didn't get the throne through an honourable way. But she knew history was at stake and went along with it. 

Hence the 8th Prince punishment to kneel in front of a temple over some incident. Ruoxi prayed on her kneels, followed by standing for the whole night in her room to protest against the punishment. He was eventually released from his punishment but this was the beginning of the rift between 4th Prince and Ruoxi, 13th prince warned Ruoxi to let go of all matters related to 8th Prince to keep him safe but she couldn't due to her compassion to all the princes, not just because of her past relationship with 8th. Things just spiralled downwards from there. 8th Prince's story arch was really sad and I for one felt that 4th prince went overboard by getting him to divorce his wife - causing her to commit suicide. The misunderstanding between RX and 4th prince went deeper and deeper to the point where they had to part. 

In the ep 19 preview, the sequence of events are jumbled in my opinion. My version for Ep 19-20 is as follows. Parts of Baek Ah and Woo Hee are not included as my concern is only So-Soo. Points 11-25 could be vastly different from the drama. I just need to get these thoughts out of my system. 

3. Soo steps in to beg for Wook's life - possible that Wook's mother asked her for help and tells her the sequence of Wook's progression into the dark side. Given her personality, she risks her life to help Wook one last time - out of guilt, out of her loyalty to her late cousin, out of whatever residual feeling she has left for 8th. She succeeds in getting his life saved but causes a permanent rift in her relationship with So. 

4. Wook reflects on the sequence of events and figures out that his sister has betrayed him for GJ. By then, Jung will have gotten wind of Soo's decision to leave with him. 

5. So gets the late King's edict to betroth Soo to Jung. He refuses to acknowledge the edict. Jung shows the hairpin as proof of Soo's decision. The sight of his token of love to Soo hurts GJ deeply. Baek Ah realises the significance of Soo's request and is devastated. 

6. Wook loses all hope in his life and family. He confronts GJ for a final show down - tells him the truth about the poisoning incident, YH's involvement and why he couldn't save Soo. He pulls everyone into the blackhole with him - if he has to suffer, GJ and YH will have to suffer along. Soo becomes the collateral damage in this confrontation.

7. GJ is devastated by Wook's confession and links her determination to save Wook as a sign of her love for Wook. He confronts Soo and she admits to her past relationship with Wook. GJ tells her that he doesn't want to see her anymore and she has the permission to leave the palace. 

8. Soo leaves the palace and Songgak for good. Before she steps out of the gilded cage, she looks back with tears in her eyes and memories of the past flashing before her. Soo knows she will never see the palace again. 

9. GJ looks from afar with tears streaming down his face. Memories of happier times flashing before him. WS is inconsolable but GJ soldiers on. He fulfils his promise to YH to give her an heir. 

10. Time skip. Soo starts life anew with Jung in exile. A celebration of marriage is prohibited between them but Jung is happy to have Soo by his side and tries his best to make her happy. Soo misses So deeply and continues her writing every day. 

11. GJ continues to consolidate his empire. He has spies in Jung's household. Jung is aware of it. GJ gets reports on Soo and Jung regularly. 

12. Jung creates an illusion of intimacy between him and Soo for the spies to report back to GJ, mainly to rile GJ. GJ is devastated that Soo has finally moved on from him and orders that reports on Jung's household must not be presented to him from here on. 

13. In the mean time, Soo's health continues to deteriorate. She knows her end is near. Asks Jung to help her to deliver a letter to GJ. She hopes to see him one last time. 

14. Jung accedes her request. Notices her handwriting is too similar to GJ's. He puts her letter in another envelope with his handwriting on the envelope. 

18. Soo gives up hope that So will come to her. She asks Jung to cremate her right away after she dies and throw her ashes into the ocean/lake on a windy day. She wants to forget all of them. She asks him to let go of the past and live on fruitfully. Soo doesn't leave any last words for her beloved. She dies in Jung's arms. Soo finally leaves Goryeo behind. We see a solar eclipse transporting Soo back to modern time the moment she passes on. 

19. Jimong sees the solar eclipse and sighs for the loss of his kindred spirit Soo. He knows she is gone. 

20. Words finally reach GJ and Baek Ah that Soo has passed away. He is shocked beyond words. He scrambles for the unread letter. He finds it and opens it with trembling hands. He sees Soo's handwriting for the first time. Reads the letter while the audience weeps with him. All inconsolable. Ambulance and medics should be on standby at LJG's fan meeting. 

21. GJ and Baek Ah arrives at Jung's residence. Fight ensues. Baek Ah stops them, asks them to let Soo leave in peace after being sandwiched between all the brothers for the past 10 years. 

22. So enters Soo's room to find her belongings - the hairpin, the arrow, stacks of her writing...So breaks down once again. He knows she left with him etched in her heart. There was no room for anyone else. He was her eternal love, just like she is to him. She is completely his person, always and forever. Need more back up on ambulance and medics - many are suffering from excessive sobbing and heart aches.  

23. So takes her ashes back to Songgak. Jimong tries to explain to GJ about Soo/Ha Jin - offends GJ and is banished. So and Baek Ah throws her ashes into the ocean or Dongji lake as per her wishes. GJ mulls on Soo's odd ways and concludes that he will find her one way or the other. 

24. GJ lives for another 20+ years, misses Soo everyday. GJ tries to leave clues for the future Soo/Ha Jin. Dies on a solar eclipse in 975. 

25. Time skip 1000 years to modern day Seoul. Your guess is as good as mine. Let's hope for a good ending with all the loose ends tied up nicely. 

Will we all be alright on Tuesday night? I am going to ask my hubby and kids to stay out of my way from 9pm. 

You are perfect. I love this.  

also, this made me laugh so hard!

"Ambulance and medics should be on standby at LJG's fan meeting. Need more back up on ambulance and medics - many are suffering from excessive sobbing and heart aches. :

• Like 19

17 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Ep 17-18 sped up the sequence of events in the original novel and C-BBJX. We have 2 more episodes to bring this epic love story to a close.

Hide contents

In BBJX, the eagle incident happened during Kangxi's reign. That incident ended 8th Prince's lifelong struggle to be the crown prince/emperor. The attention shifted to 14th prince to take over the throne as he became powerful as a grand general and was the favoured sonwith strong family backing from his maternal side. When 4th prince took over the throne by force - the 8th prince gang was up in arms to fight but were helpless against a very prepared 4th Prince who had Longkodo and Nian Gengyao. 14th prince was faraway from the palace in a battle. Ruoxi was also the first to kneel and greet 4th prince as emperor at the death bed of Kangxi. RX's guilt was extremely deep rooted as Kangxi was a father like figure to her and she knew 4th Prince didn't get the throne through an honourable way. But she knew history was at stake and went along with it. 

Hence the 8th Prince punishment to kneel in front of a temple over some incident. Ruoxi prayed on her kneels, followed by standing for the whole night in her room to protest against the punishment. He was eventually released from his punishment but this was the beginning of the rift between 4th Prince and Ruoxi, 13th prince warned Ruoxi to let go of all matters related to 8th Prince to keep him safe but she couldn't due to her compassion to all the princes, not just because of her past relationship with 8th. Things just spiralled downwards from there. 8th Prince's story arch was really sad and I for one felt that 4th prince went overboard by getting him to divorce his wife - causing her to commit suicide. The misunderstanding between RX and 4th prince went deeper and deeper to the point where they had to part. 

Spoiler

I'm tearing up just reading your synopsis. But I'm so very glad that you keep BA next to So till the very end. He's gonna need the support. Long live bromance!!

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, pass3rby said:

Cheek bone, jawline, and neck to die for :sweatingbullets:

if i could pick a feature it will definitely be his nose...i have a thing for his nose...a nose occupies  such a large amount of one's face...his is perfect ...manly and delicate...the perfect addition to those eyes ...let me go  swoon guiltily in the corner :wub::wub:

• Like 11

6 hours ago, briseis said:

Never Letting Go

“I have to live with you. Let’s live together. Marry me.” 

Unfortunately, in the Goryeo Era not even the third time is the charm. Only a complete masochist and sucker for punishment proposes twice in the same week after getting rejected the first time. Any other man would have given up a long time ago, but WS even after all those years of rejections keeps soldiering on like a trooper, even though his heart breaks each time. He hasn’t changed at all - it’s so similar to the time 8 years ago when he came to her from Later Jin and she rejected him, only for him to return days later, asking her to marry him and getting rejected again.

“I cannot. I cannot do anything for you except provide comfort. It will be hard for me to marry you.“ 

Their night out together is the one moment of selfishness HS allows herself, stealing the king himself from the Palace, to have him completely for herself one last time before she sends him away to an other woman. It’s relatable, but absolutely cruel towards Wang So, that she knows the whole time SO WANTS TO PROPOSE TO HER and that she will reject him and that she will hurt him BUT STILL WANTS TO HEAR HIM PROPOSE TO HER, WANTS THAT ONE MOMENT OF PERFECT HAPPINESS. She said it to Jimong herself, didn’t she? That she’s been WAITING A LONG TIME for this, to finally be with WS - she’s been constantly waiting and THAT’S HER BIGGEST MISTAKE IN AN ERA with a short life expectancy, where people could get killed each day or die from disease. WHILE WAITING for the right moment SHE MISSED SO MANY CHANCES, LET SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES PASS BY, she was always living and hoping for future that wasn’t guaranteed, and now it’s simply too late. On the other hand, So, who knows how precious and short-lived is each happy moment, has wanted to live with her from the beginning, to live for the moment not caring about the future. 

“I will not give up on you over that scar. No one can force me to. I won’t give up either.” 

Some people say that they want back the wild WS who didn’t care abou rules defied everyone and who would do anything for HS, BUT HE IS STILL THAT WS, HE HASN’T CHANGED AT ALL. He is ready to FIGHT THE WHOLE WORLD FOR HER (just like he did many times before) - HE’S READY TO WEATHER THE STORM, PREPARED TO ABOLISH A CENTURIES-OLD STUPID RULE ABOUT SCARS, FIGHT THE CLANS AND ALL FOR HER, SO HE COULD MAKE HER HIS QUEEN! And you know that in the end, he would have won because he’s smart and ruthless, he would go over dead bodies to achieve it, but all Goryeo kings went over dead bodies. It’s HER WHO IS GIVING UP, who is afraid to fight for them - it’s because she wants to stop bloodshed and to protect him, but the truth it’s noble idiocy in it’s purest form. In the end, HS hasn’t changed either.

“Even if I can’t marry you you can’t leave me. I won’t let you go. You have to be mine. You can’t go anywhere. I will never allow it. You are my only queen.” 

In the end, HE RESPECTS HER DECISION no matter how much it hurts him and gives her the only promise he can give her now - to be hers in all ways if he cannot be with her in name. However, after So’s tear falls the expression in his eyes promises RETRIBUTION to everyone WHO HURT THEM, TORN THEM APART AND TRIED TO CONTROL THEIR LIVES.

I always love your post @briseis as much as I love @40somethingahjumma post....

thanks for those posts and insight that narrate what the director and writernim had missed out..am always grateful and appreciate that...

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Reveal hidden contents

I will need one too just in case it will end like this (which is 99% most likely going to happen). Double that with LJG's acting chops in his crying scenes. 

1398bebfd47d85ea35387fedcbe366e8.gif

• Like 17

On 10/25/2016 at 9:11 PM, Akiddo said:

Chae Ryung's death and Soo's downward spiral: I still think Chae Ryung received a better death treatment than Yutan in BBJX even though she committed a much bigger crime. At this point, Soo is completely lost and suffocated. So related the whole set up to Soo in a clinical manner - only to go berserk later in front of Baek Ah. So seemed to have an idea of Soo being unwell but he had no idea how sick she was. Soo had been given about 10 years to live but with all the accumulated incidents (more to come in ep 19) - she would weaken further. Her need to leave is multi faceted. On the surface, it seems as if she has had enough in recent months and wants to leave. On a deeper level, she has had enough from all the deaths around her since she entered the palace.  The palace is a gilded cage - and she is ill suited for this cage. She cannot stay on to protect So or anyone. She is the source of his weakness. The world is changing at break neck speed and Soo is still in the same spot.

There is only so much understanding you can give to your man - Soo has let go plenty of her modern inclinations to be with him. After all, So did ask Soo to be mentally prepared for him (to love her) - both of them had no idea how ill equipped they were to handle this relationship. Soo took a gamble with her heart after So's relentless pursuit year after year. But she lost in the end. I don't blame either of them - they really tried to be together but they failed to protect that love. 

This has been really cathartic for me, being able to write my thoughts about this episode. The rest of the week will be a blur until next Monday and Tuesday. 

This is a beautiful succinct read of the episode. I love the drama and the pain. BRING IT ON SHOW. <--insert masochism. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Hide contents

Just reading&imagine it... my heart is aaahhhhhhh NO!!!  :bawling:

• Like 21

@Akiddo I know that what you've written is just a prediction based on C-version and the preview.But I feel as if what you've written has an extremely high possibility of coming true because the flow makes a lot of sense.I wonder if they can fit in so much in just 2 episodes though.Maybe they might omit some of what you've said here.Whatever happens,I want WangSo to somehow know that HaeSoo is not from this era and when he knows,I hope they show how.To me,HaeSoo dying in WangSo's arms has a 50-50 chance of happening.I'm ready if it doesn't happen.It WILL be so heartwrenching but at least it will be more impactful on WangSo if HaeSoo doesn't die in his arms.That's just what I feel.Since I've calmed down now,I find that my worry is not how this whole drama ends or how heartbreaking the next episode will be.My worry has turned towards how much of the story is left to tell and whether they have the time to fit the rest in NICELY.By NICELY meaning that there is a reasonable flow.Never mind if it feels rushed because to me 20 episodes were not enough in the first place to tell this epic story.But I hope that there is a logical flow which will not leave us extremely puzzled and lost now that the end is near.

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Hide contents

I had tears running down my face as I finished your version. Not only do they need to send ambulance and medics at the fan meeting, but I think every news channel throughout the world is going to report masses of people headed to hospital due to broken hearts and chest pains. What has Moon Lovers done to us? I will seriously reconsider watching another drama like this. I desperately need the something that shows a reconciliation between them. What other couples are there that were doomed? Their love is more doomed than Romeo and Juliet, at least those two got married and died together. 

LOL at the last part. 

Any romantic comedy suggestions? I really need to get out of this depression mode, not healthy. I never experienced falling in love, but seeing how painful it is, despite happier and wonderful moments, if this is what it does emotionally, I feel like I rather stay single and only dream about ideal oppas. I know that love is both painful and wonderful, but I rather not. :bawling:

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Hide contents

Do you think the part which i highlighted is the part that was shown in the 6 minutes trailer where HS said :"it would be nice if we had known each other in a different time" while she was looking all sad and looked back at the palace. it's gonna be so sad :( but anyways i really hope that your prediction from 18 - 25 doesn't come true, but instead he still has the chance to meet HS for the last time and like spend time together or something. but somehow i have a feeling that your scenario is what the writer has opted for, although, korean dramas usually surprises the audience with a completely different scenario, but well let's see next week...

• Like 10