[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

27 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

please please @meahri_1 add me to the PM notif so that I can stream with you guys. I'm already hyperventilating with the almost kiss scene picture, and I just can't until Tuesday. Thank you in advance chingu

I've got you on the list. :)

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

I agree with @dhia205. How is he supposed to do that when So (LJG) is supposed to be Hae Soo (IU)'s love in the drama? I think the difference in So kissing Hae Soo and Wook with no kissing scenes is just to show us that Hae Soo will love So ultimately. And I think someone mentioned that we rarely see the female lead kissing the second male lead. And plus the Korean audience didn't want to see Hae Soo kissing Wook.

I'm glad you have a great sense of humor. 

@dhia205 I volunteer anytime anywhere anyhow. See why I put the ps? This is awkward. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

The link won't be available till the live streaming link is established right before the drama. I'll have to set up a PM in advance with everyone who's interested listed within it and just paste and post as soon as it's available.

Please count me in!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ruizaio said:

@Hanazumi You seem to be confusing Queen 1 with Queen 3. The evil queen Yu/Yoo we see in MLSHR is Queen 3 and is from the Chungju (忠州) Yu (劉) clan. Queen 1 and Queen 6 (that we have not seen in the drama) are from Jeongju (貞州) Ryu (柳) clan. 

@liddi In the case of Taejo, all three of his wives at the time when he took the throne became queens, and all other wives he married thereafter were concubines. These wives were hostages in a sense, but the clans would also support the prince born to their daughter to become the next king. Lady Kang of Shinju was one of those concubines, and her only son died young. Since Queen 3 had 5 sons (although the first one also died young and we don't see the youngest one in the drama), she gave one to her to console her (and secure the loyalty of the Kangs). In the drama, it is set that there is long time feud between the Chungju Yu clan and the Shinju Kang clan, and that's why they gave a son to Lady Kang. On DC, it is speculated that Yo was going to be sent at first, but when So got the scar, he was sent instead to conveniently remove him from his mom's sight.

Based on HJH's interview, somebody suggested that when Tae (Queen Yu's first son) was alive, their mother was probably favoring him as the son to succeed the throne and also doting much love on So the way she is doing now with Jeong, with Yo being in the middle, feeling somewhat neglected. Then Tae died and So was sent to Shinju instrad of Yo. This made Yo realize how fleeting mother's love for him is and become more desperate, while So was longing for the motherly love that he used to receive before the scar. 

Historically, So was Wang Geon's favorite son (next to the Crown Prince), and the point of the 10 Instructions about allowing a brother take the throne instead of a son may have been for this purpose. So was the first prince to marry within the family, so this could have been Taejo's big picture.

Kang Jo throwing out Mokjong (Wang So's grandson) and making Wook2's son king is much much later and unrelated to Gwangjong weakening the clans. Mokjong's mom (Wook1's daughter) and her boyfriend were pretty much dominating the court, so he lost interest in ruling and just had fun with his boyfriend. Of course, historical records we read today are from the winner's perspective, so we always have to take it with a grain of salt. Some records indicate that Mokjong entrusted Kang Jo to get rid of his mom's boyfriend and Kang Jo turned on him in the process, but who knows.

@ruizaio   Chingu thanks dor clarifying the relationship Queen Yoo had on her children. I kinda suspected that So was her favorite at the time before her first son died because he was with her while she was grieving in her room. That would explain the attachment Wang So still had on his mother when he came back to the palce at the begining of the drama. It would also explain the hatred Yo has towards his brother today. I think  Wang So's family is reallly twisted and cery dumb. We the viewers has seen that Wang got his brains from his mom but Yo has no brains. His visionary are very narrow unlike WS visionary will always be broad.  FOr example Queen Yoo has seen the length her son would have gone for her but she preferred to keep hating him instead of showing him some love and getting him be loyal to her alone has never corssed her mind.Just like Yo knows his mother scarred his little brother but I am positive he was so happy when it happen to his brother because his mother finally started showering him with some kind of affections. Maybe my speculation maybe wrong but I am ok with that. 

Thank you for clarifying the titles on most of King TaeJo's wives in the history.  :heart::heart::heart:

13 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Just check the fanfic site https://m.fanfiction.net/tv/Moon-Lovers-Scarlet-Heart-Ryeo-달의-연인-보보경심-려/

Already 8 fanfics in it and i enjoy reading them.

Kudos to all the authors..hope they keep writing...

Thank you for sharing chingu.... 

13 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I was Dreaming and squealing like all of you here till I suddenly thought to myself...(pls don't read if you dont want your current fantasies to die down:wub:)

Hide contents

They better not have someone suddenly intrude their deep kissing (like some kdrama plots...) I WILL MURDER WHOEVER WHO STOPS MY OTP FROM HAVING THEIR MOMENT

Jkjk...just a thought that I hope does not happen...

hate onion headhate onion headbsod onion headbsod onion head   This will be me if they do get interrupted chingu. 

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

ed about the possibility that Wook will play a role in helping Soo to move out of the palace. I know some people said that So is smart and he probably knows that Wook is her first love. I actually think otherwise. I think he really values the family bond and when he asks that Soo still cares for Wook as a relative, I think he actually meant it. Because really, he hasn't really seen them being "lovey-dovey" yet.

I'm with you on that. I don't believe he knows the person she was talking about is Wook. I think the drama highlighted it also by having him commenting twice (for wook and for Soo) about the concern they have for each other was understandable because they were related.

44 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

@soorani: I rewatched episode 33 of the Chinese drama, and I think the 4th prince let Ruoxi go because he thought she was still in love with the 8th prince and not just because of their past love. I missed this line the first time I watched the C-drama, but the 4th prince said to the empress, "the deeper the love, the greater the hate" when she asked him about his actions towards Rouxi.

I think WS might not have believed HS when she said she loved someone else. She said it after she said all those other cruel things that he didn't believe either. And she never mentioned it again to him.

Tbh, I think he believed in her, he just didn't care. When he asked if that person was Baek In-ha, he was just confirming that, as long as it wasn't his BFF, he wouldn't mind because he wouldn't give up on her.

But now that you said that the 4th let Ruoxi go because he thought he still was in love with the 8th I can see this as a reason for So letting her go in  the K version. 

Still, the connection they have created throughout the story so far is so strong, they know each other so well, I can't see (more like I don't want to see) them breaking up by misunderstood/miscommunication.reasons :tears:

• Like 17

46 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

@solelylurking I agree with @dhia205. How is he supposed to do that when So (LJG) is supposed to be Hae Soo (IU)'s love in the drama? I think the difference in So kissing Hae Soo and Wook with no kissing scenes is just to show us that Hae Soo will love So ultimately. And I think someone mentioned that we rarely see the female lead kissing the second male lead. And plus the Korean audience didn't want to see Hae Soo kissing Wook.

ahaha... thank you for the explanation dear, i bet @solelylurking also aware about it... 

@solelylurking set on your alarm then,  make a time for him. he really need a special training from the expert (like you ?). so he can increase his soft skill significantly. 

i think you should put your PS as signature dear. 

• Like 6

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've been lurking since ep 4. I finally created an account to add my 2 cents to the discussions. :D

I think the only illness Wang Mu had was atopy (aka itchy skin) which is not life threatening. Perhaps after becoming king he will suffer from stress and paranoia. He might develop ulcers due to the stress which is probably why he is coughing up blood. He is such a teddy bear and is being thrown into a pit of vipers as a king. I feel so bad for him.:tears:

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, soorani said:

I'm with you on that. I don't believe he knows the person she was talking about is Wook. I think the drama highlighted it also by having him commenting twice (for wook and for Soo) about the concern they have for each other was understandable because they were related.

Tbh, I think he believed in her, he just didn't care. When he asked if that person was Baek In-ha, he was just confirming that, as long as it wasn't his BFF, he wouldn't mind because he wouldn't give up on her.

But now that you said that the 4th let Ruoxi go because he thought he still was in love with the 8th I can see this as a reason for So letting her go in  the K version. 

Still, the connection they have created throughout the story so far is so strong, they know each other so well, I can't see (more like I don't want to see) them breaking up by misunderstood/miscommunication.reasons :tears:

Yeah. So longs for his mother's love and the acceptance from his brothers. Plus we saw that he didn't want to kill Yo and someone mentioned that So's fighting with Wook was pretty much defensive. He didn't want to harm Wook's life. Eventually So will realize Wook's true character but up to that time, he sees Wook as a younger brother. And yes, there will be some misunderstanding / miscommunication that lead to So and Soo parting ways. I'm interested to see what the writer will bring to us. Hopefully, it's logical too and not heartbreaking compared to the original.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, dhia205 said:

ahaha... thank you for the explanation dear, i bet @solelylurking also aware about it... 

@solelylurking set on your alarm then,  make a time for him. he really need a special training from the expert (like you ?). so he can increase his soft skill significantly. 

i think you should put your PS as signature dear. 

Water mark. I'll water marked it. My laughter just died recently. In exactly 10 minutes a go. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Same here @valsava. This was a practice of many royal families around the world. This also explains why this type of inbreeding eventually resulted in children with infertility issues, physical malformations, intellectual deficits, etc. 

I will say that I'm only on episode 6, but I don't feel comfortable with the attraction between the 8th Prince (Wook) and Hae Soo---something about flirting with another woman's husband is just a turn off for me. Yes, I understand the period in which this drama is being depicted, but something about the way it's depicted here just doesn't feel comfortable for me.  Wook's wife and pushing them together because she's sick and dying, and Wook is gorgeous and so supportive of Hae Soo...........but I'm turned off and hate when she seeks him out and being flirty.  Okay, I must continue with my marathon watching.

HOWEVER, the thing that turns me off more than anything, is two brothers (3rd Prince and 4th Prince) trying to impress their sister as a possible marriage mate----disgusting.

@lclarakl  WW and Hs disgusted me in the earlier episodes I got through it just because of the 4th prince HS the over friendly people pleaser and WW the man with many faces and a coward to boot.. I agree I know it was and era were men could have more then one wife but her being the cousin of his late wife was a turnoff for me..

7 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Kang Jo throwing out Mokjong (Wang So's grandson) and making Wook2's son king is much much later and unrelated to Gwangjong weakening the clans. Mokjong's mom (Wook1's daughter) and her boyfriend were pretty much dominating the court, so he lost interest in ruling and just had fun with his boyfriend. Of course, historical records we read today are from the winner's perspective, so we always have to take it with a grain of salt. Some records indicate that Mokjong entrusted Kang Jo to get rid of his mom's boyfriend and Kang Jo turned on him in the process, but who knows.

@UnniSarah   I wonder do the drama frozen flower relates to this a lot of KIngs back then took up with they Eunichs and refuse to sleep with a queen..   Also were did you read this msgs me the site so I could read it with a grain of sand.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

You are so talented! :blush:…please give me a link to your drawing/tumblr and I will edit the post with it. :) 

Thank you  :blush:

I'm a moody person when it comes to draw fanart. I can't do any drawing if people asked me to make one. But if I'm in love with a scene in a drama, my hands just draw unconsciously. Scary hand. ^^;;; If I'm going crazy with it, then I'll draw, write fanfic and even edit some screencaps and make them as screenlocks.

In Moon Lovers case --------> I'm crazy about it. Because I've done all of the things above. Lol

• Like 20

@soorani: I totally agree about them not breaking up over misunderstanding. I'll be so annoyed with the writer if they use the same ending in C-drama when HS and WS are so different from Ruoxi and the 4th prince.  And, since we've already had the period where HS was scared of WS's because of her vision of him killing his brother and so far it seems like WS will only kill his brothers because of good reasons and not petty revenge, I don't HS will willing want to leave WS the way Ruoxi did.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

chingus, do you remember this leak kiss?!

doesn't it seem like its gonna happen during this scene?

maybe they remove the masks and had a deeper one after this cute and unique mask kiss kekeke

She has earrings in the one of the mask while in the leaked photo not. I really want to see both scenes! :bawling: 

• Like 12

I have finally caught up after being away for 3 days!
I really hope everyone gets to watch Episode 14  on Monday!!

Super nice bts!
Can't wait for moonday peeps!
happy to find a forum where we can all share our thoughts and views!

• Like 19

11 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Does anyone notice that CR's hairstyle is not uniformed with the rest of the staff? I wonder whether that's saying anything. HS being lenient or CR feeling as the golden girl, or merely a way for us to recognize her? 

Hehehe...I'd like to answer this...maybe it intended to cover her forehead??? :P Just kidding...cheer up guys!!!

Come come..let's have fun and have some laugh...the drama is sooooooooo tragic and lots of angst...so we need to bring some smiles to lighten our heart and lift our moods...that way when the angst come we could also comfort at each other....right? :) 

I'm so agree with you @amisyka77 that's what I always do too...

• Like 12