[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

This drama, I think, has helped me answer a question about Korean culture that I have never understood--double in-laws taboo; it's consider complicated relationships.  I've never understood the opposition of two sisters marrying men who happened to be brothers or siblings marrying a man or a woman that were once in-laws.  My thought has always been that if they are not related by blood or not an adopted family member (even then I don't hold a hard line), I don't have a problem with two sisters dating two brothers that are not related to them by blood.

In this drama, there are brothers marrying sisters and uncles marrying nieces (if it stays true to history). So it seems the culture shifted from one extreme to another.  However, I will say that I'm pleased to see in dramas more double-in-law relationships are being shown.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, AyaA said:

I'll be waiting for your FF to be done, i hope you'll share the link here, don't forget to mention me. Your FF will be the first FF I read. or you PM me the link

Yes, I'll definitely be sharing the link here when I'm done. I can definitely tag you as well. 

While we're waiting for Soo's scar kiss fanfic, have you read the one for So? ^^ Here's the link for both FF.net and Ao3.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12180451/1/Alignment

https://archiveofourown.org/works/8234200

Since we're on the topic, does anyone else want to be tagged for when I post new fanfic? I didn't think anyone would want to be... Haha ^^; But if yes, just let me know here or via PM! ^^

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Yes, I'll definitely be sharing the link here when I'm done. I can definitely tag you as well. 

While we're waiting for Soo's scar kiss fanfic, have you read the one for So? ^^ Here's the link for both FF.net and Ao3.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone else want to be tagged for when I post new fanfic? I didn't think anyone would want to be... Haha ^^; But if yes, just let me know here or via PM! ^^

Yes pls!!!

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

do tag me...

and i thought to inform you as a courtesy that I loved your Alignment (thought u hvnt finished it yet) i was reading it casually but as soon as I read they are talking while on bed side by side i just become attentive n started reading more seriously. will go and finish it now

Edit...finished reading it.,, Its great....awesome...superbbb thanks for sharing.. :D

• Like 12

6 hours ago, amisyka77 said:

Found a nice vid where HS sang the 'chingu-ya' song full version. It is also one of my fav scene where WS laughed...like really laughed earnestly for the first time in the drama ( or maybe in his life)... out of amusement watching HS did that hillarious robot dance...too bad YH was there... It is also the moment i think WS realised his feeling for her..a moment of enlightment that HE HAS FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HER.

@amisyka77 It was that day he realized he had feeligs for her but when he left , Hae Soo saw him leave and looked sad/confused to him leaving. Even then Hae So cared for him too but not the way he did. What amazed me was Wang So was the only prince who understood her and who has seen her at her worst. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

Like Hae Soo, LJG had a premonition in the year 2009, and he dreamed about Wang So in the modern era

Haha, love the concept.  But why is JG so pretty?   How is a girl supposed to withstand so much pretty?

euns2.jpg

• Like 18

47 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Pls include me, too. Thank you. XX :)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, liddi said:

@ruizaio Thank you for elaborating on the Shinju Kangs and their hand as kingmakers. Interesting that So was Taejo's favourite son, yet he was given to Lady Kang as a son, which I presume means he does not stay in the palace. Was this part of Taejo's plan to harness the support of the Shinju Kangs behind So as preparation for So's future as king? And he was the first among his siblings to marry, even compared to the Crown Prince? That certainly deviates from the drama as well.

Thank you too for sharing HJH's insights into Queen Yoo's relationship with her children, without which we would not have known that So was favoured, until he was marked by the scar. Definitely reinforces Queen Yoo's character as one who was never a mother in the true sense of the word, but saw her children as dispensable stepping stones to amassing absolute power. I guess in the drama, the only person she only truly loved apart from herself was her husband. Which explains why Yo was frantic when he failed to perform the rain ritual... fearing that he would lose his mother's favour, having seen first hand how she treats any son she heartlessly casts aside. 

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. What I meant was that So was the first to marry another royalty. The clans wanted the older princes to marry one of their daughters, so CP and Yo had to marry outside of the royal family. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

do tag me...

and i thought to inform you as a courtesy that I loved your Alignment (thought u hvnt finished it yet) i was reading it casually but as soon as I read they are talking while on bed side by side i just become attentive n started reading more seriously. will go and finish it now

Edit...finished reading it.,, Its great....awesome...superbbb thanks for sharing.. :D

HAHA. I like how a lot of people have mentioned more about the fact that they're in bed, side by side, than the fact that they kissed. :P

It's a short one-shot piece, so Alignment is COMPLETE. So's scar kiss fanfic, with what I have in mind, will be a two-shot. :D

BTW, Alignment got two views from Korea. Joon Gi oppa, were you one of them?! Haha.

• Like 24

18 hours ago, liddi said:

I have been wondering for quite a while about how the ranking of the royal consorts work in Goryeo.

The Joseon dynasty seems a lot more similar to their Chinese counterpart, with one Queen consort to whom the rest of the consorts are subject to. However, for Goryeo, we see several queens at the same time. The C-subs which are usually extremely clear in the translations of rank, align with the English subs in addressing both Queen Yoo and Queen Hwangbo as 王后 (queen), effectively putting them on a similar ranking. @ruizaio or anyone else familiar with Korean history, can you please help to explain the level of the consorts within the Goryeo family? Queen Yoo appears to outrank Queen Hwangbo in terms of authority, yet ostentatiously they hold the same position. Are they the same rank? Or does the seniority come with who was raised to be queen first? From what I have seen, not all consorts who gave birth to princes were automatically promoted to queens, so how do they gain that title?

@liddi  This is a valet question, I was also wondering about that because far as I know there could be only one Queen and from my understanding Queen Hwangbo should be first rank royal concubine how is she a queen I have no clue. I was wondering was she a Queen of another country and Tejong conquerd in war and agreed to marry her or what, My guess is she's the one he married after the oldest child of Queen Yoo died, So how is marrying making her a queen I don't get it I know it's something to do with the clans.. 

This is posted on page 1029 I don't know if someone have given a good explaination to this question or nor but I'm not going to read 20 pages just to see if someone answerd please let me no the page if you remembered.. 

4 hours ago, violet90 said:

OMG....

so HS is not being held as a hostage... she will be framed and most likely going to get a death sentenced... gosh HS really can't catch a break... all hell will loose for WS so now we know how desperate he is to revolt during WY reign... we can see YH part will play in...

the twist........................................... so Chaeryung ahhhhh......

@violet90  Poor Hs just can't catch a break And two prince framed her this time, Maybe this is when Ws kills one of his brothers Yes Yh have very cunningly and cleverly enlisted Cr in helping her ..

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

This drama, I think, has helped me answer a question about Korean culture that I have never understood--double in-laws taboo; it's consider complicated relationships.  I've never understood the opposition of two sisters marrying men who happened to be brothers or siblings marrying a man or a woman that were once in-laws.  My thought has always been that if they are not related by blood or not an adopted family member (even then I don't hold a hard line), I don't have a problem with two sisters dating two brothers that are not related to them by blood.

In this drama, there are brothers marrying sisters and uncles marrying nieces (if it stays true to history). So it seems the culture shifted from one extreme to another.  However, I will say that I'm pleased to see in dramas more double-in-law relationships are being shown.

@lclarakl  I was amazed at this also and understood the reasoning of it.. But I still can't get over the fact ofd brother marrying half sister and having children with her it's just disgusting to think about even marrying his neice but talk about keeping royal blood royal this is it

• Like 16