[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

8 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

If he was persuaded into a marriage of convenience with Yeon Hwa, then I finally begin to understand her character's tagline. Maybe she's grateful that he accepted the marriage proposal whether it was to save Soo or she just wanted to save herself from Yo, she will make sure he's at least not harmed. And even if Wook was behind the setup of So's marriage to his niece, I can still picture him working with Yeon Hwa and So to make sure Soo's safe. I don't think Wook wants Yo to harm her even if he wants to beat So, kill Yo and get the throne.

Oh, I get your point. I totally forgot that she did feel that way :).

Spoiler

In the Chinese version, the king had to let Ruoxi go, because he truly loves her. There's a common saying that "when you truly love someone, you also learn to let that person go". He always put Ruoxi wishes above his wishes no matter how much it may hurt him, even though he wishes for Ruoxi to stay by his side. But in the end, he had to give in to Ruoxi wish, cause she wished to leave the palace. Ruoxi left him, but the king never stop loving her. His love for her is true.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, myck72 said:

Hello fellow fans! Silent lurker here finally posting for the first time in this forum. I'm not Korean so I don't know any of the history but as a big kdrama fan, here's my take on what the "happy ending" could be:

HS "dies" in the past and "wakes" up in the present time. Apparently she had been in a coma for months since she nearly drowned while rescuing the child. She then meets the man who "saved" her from drowning and it is a present-day reincarnation of WS. He has been visiting HS in the hospital every day since the incident and to pass time, reads historical books to her. In a voiceover they both say that the other person is very familiar to them; wondering if they had met before; like they've known each other in another life. They recognize deep down that they are soulmates and end up together again, living happily ever after in present time.  

What do you think guys? Too much wishful thinking?

Chingu just love your theory and I was thinking along that same line but never thought about him reading historical books to her while she is in a coma. Good one @myck72

39 minutes ago, valsava said:

@fuyukoneko I agree with @bebebisous33 on this one I just watch ep 12 and it's point on with WW and WS called it just how he saw him he gave him the benefit to prove to HS how much he loved her and proved her innocent but he choose to ignore her and turn his back and kept his back turned for a whole year.. Even without him being there he knew what was going on with her.. WW wanted to use Ws for and excuse to what happen to HS but he's the blame for it all because he's after the throne himself and claim he can't go against his majesty orders but he'll go against those orders to become King.. But Ws blatantly told WW that he used his family to cover his being a coward and for using Lady Oh..

@bebebisous33 Of course Soo is going to be WS biggest weakness but WS telling YH without HS he is nobody OUCH that must have hurted our princess pride to be turn down by the moster that she claims to be in love with for a long time.. So we will see both her and the evil Queen using HS has there pawn in the game of the throne.. Queen Yoo felt that sting YH gave her and she's going to make her pay for be it through her or her mom.. Once Queen Yoo finds out Yh is going after Ws she subject to let Ws marry Hs just to richard simmons YH off and make her a second wife.. By this time I guess enough clans has got together and force a marriage between YH and WS. 

@UnniSarah  Anybody that sit up and stare at a person is not only thinking of that person but making calculations as WW was he was always a chess player in the game of the throne but made himself looks to be innocent with no desire for the throne.. I hate people like this because as I have said since ep 1 His character is to nice and to nice is shady for me he got something to hide with a hidden motive, Well that motive is the throne and he will team up with anyone and stab them in the back to make himself look good. I tell you he wants them to take each other out as he manipulate the situation him and his sister while they reap the benefits..   

@valsava... I agree chingu , I would never want that type of person to be a king. That would be hurtful to the people of Goryeo. He would be type to still have problem with all the clans and never being to their reign on him. Always scheming instead of being in complete control of them. A calculating man can never be trusted because you can never know what truly lies in his hear. At least we can all agree Yeonhwa and Wang Wook are cut from the same cloth. Their mama did a fine job raising them and spoiling them. 

I am just so happy that Wang So's father loved him because in the CVersion I don't think the emperor did not love the 4th prince. CHingu's what is about the 4 Princes that the mother can't love their own child. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:
  Hide contents

In the Chinese version, the king had to let Ruoxi go, because he truly loves her. There's a common saying that "when you truly love someone, you also learn to let that person go". He always put Ruoxi wishes above his wishes no matter how much it may hurt him, even though he wishes for Ruoxi to stay by his side. But in the end, he had to give in to Ruoxi wish, cause she wished to leave the palace. Ruoxi left him, but the king never stop loving her. His love for her is true.

Spoiler

wasn't it tragic that they both loved each other and was so miserablewhen they seperated. What I ironic is that  Ma'ertai Ruoxi was loved by two men who's love never changed. 4 and 14 Prince both loved her unconditionally and both would would give her the world if she asked it. But she only loved one and it break my heart that she did not get to see him before she died.  Hopefully

Hopefully IF the drama has the same ending as C version , I only wish they bothe say their goodbyes and have closure. 

• Like 5

Something came up from work half an hour before the broadcast last night. I am on leave but on call so I flew out of state and now i am in a hotel room. I just watched episode 13 but i haven't seen the sbs version yet. Will hold off commenting until then. But i just want to say that i am so happy because it is evident in this episode that WW-HS is no more! Happy dance! :)

ETA: i think this thread might reach the 2K mark by the time the show ends. everyone is on fire. i love it. XX

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu just love your theory and I was thinking along that same line but never thought about him reading historical books to her while she is in a coma. Good one @myck72

@valsava... I agree chingu , I would never want that type of person to be a king. That would be hurtful to the people of Goryeo. He would be type to still have problem with all the clans and never being to their reign on him. Always scheming instead of being in complete control of them. A calculating man can never be trusted because you can never know what truly lies in his hear. At least we can all agree Yeonhwa and Wang Wook are cut from the same cloth. Their mama did a fine job raising them and spoiling them. 

I am just so happy that Wang So's father loved him because in the CVersion I don't think the emperor did not love the 4th prince. CHingu's what is about the 4 Princes that the mother can't love their own child. 

LOL I feel like Queen Yoo was behind the plot of how all the princes and princesses turning against each other. White hair is her karma lol.

14 minutes ago, liddi said:
Ep13 subs are completed, thanks to the wonderful translations by @ruizaio 

Additional scene from SBS version:
1. Soo's internal monologue in front of the throne when So questioned if she was not worried about his safety, and So's dialogue after that  [30:01 to 30:19]
     HS: (You are Gwangjong. You have a long history ahead of you.)
     WS: Even people who don't seem like they'll ever die eventually die.

Additional scenes from International version:
1. Jung's conversation with Soo in Damiwon - his pledge to bring her out of the laundry department back to Damiwon, stating he won't call her "older sister" anymore, and asking her to wait for her - all of which lays the groundwork for Jung's feelings for Soo going forward
2. So-Soo dialogue when talking about the throne after she tells him she is confident of his safety in the upcoming coup:
WS: People who may seem like they'll never die all die someday. However, I feel like I've become immortal after hearing you talk like that.
HS: (thoughts) At the very least, it won't be tomorrow. If history is correct, that is.
3. At the lake after stabbing Yo, Soo asks "Why did you ask to see me?", implying So requested for her presence.

There is only one new scene that I can see from the SBS version. The others are reprises from after So proposed to Soo, and his confrontation with Wook after, just prior to the ceremony, which I find to be a waste of precious screen time. This time round, I feel that the SBS version is less fleshed out in terms of future character development, particularly for Jung and Soo's relationship going forward, and as such, less effective in its narrative flow. However, there are other subtle changes in SBS' omissions that help to move the development of So and Soo's relationship even more.

In particular, I find the omission in the last scene at the lake pertinent in the SBS version. The international version implies that Soo's presence was requested by So, while SBS' indicate that Soo sought him out - which in turn is a clear indication of the shift in her feelings.
What I find interesting too is how they rearranged the dialogue between So and Soo at the throne.
In the SBS version, we see So's monologue that everyone eventually dies, before Soo tells hm that she is confident he will be fine.
In the international version, it is reversed - Soo verbalises her confidence before So speaks of mortality, but adds that he feels immortal with her words.
For me, the SBS version shows Soo comforting him when he acknowledges mortality, while the international version shows him feeling he can take on anything with her supporting him. Two totally different perspectives with just a simple rearrangement of the dialogue.

The difference in previews is also telling, with SBS intent on highlighting So-Soo's happy moments, while the international version reminds us yet again that while their love is idyllic, there are always other factors at play, even with a new king who cares for them both.

Thank you for the clarification!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, TeBe said:

I bet it is Wook's idea to marry So off ! He made Wang Mo give his daughter to Wang So, to hurt  Soo and cause So-Soo to argue and split.

Wook you sneaky sneaky sneaky bastard! :angry:

@TeBe Yes he will cause conflict between the two because he can't get Soo back he will make it seem that WS is hurting her when it's his doing all the time.. I wish she wake up soon.. Well I'm off to watch 13 and some of the stuff HS is saying to WW makes me want to slap the soap bubbles out of her head..

I still find WW in ep 13 still looking unbelievable pretty til the end talk about a master manipulator, In him and Ws fight scene he really wanted to kill WS but when WS figures out how big of the chess player he is and pitted WY against him if WS don't kill him I will.. OMG He's just to much. But HS really made him look pitiful when she told him she ask WS not to hurt him.. So yes he will be using her as he always have, The more I watch him the more I see there was nothing in these episodes that indicate that he was or really loved her.. I haven't seen once that he went out of his way to do anything for her, So how could she ever think he was in love with her    

• Like 10

I think it would be awesome if WangSo dies at the same time as modern times WangSo during an eclipse and they interchange bodies, so the modern times WangSo knows some civility and human rights and rules Goryeo as Gwanjong, emancipates slavery and gets rid of corrupt rich families, while our WangSo is in modernity with his love <3 Because the Chinese version in the museum is too sad, I don't want this one to end up like that :( I also hope they don't break up...or if they do then HaeSoo should die right away.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

@qwenli ,  I m a bit worried with HS. She is supposed to tell WS that WW is the one she loved, not because of relatives. If he finds out she lied to him, I think WS will be getting mad and turn to become cruel one. What do you think?

yes, that's why I am not popping my champagne to celebrate yet. we still have 6 eps to go, hence altho we have cp and yo stuff to cover, at some point the wook and hs relationship may come out to rear its ugly head for ws and hs. 

also the fact that 14th was given a scene to express himself to Soo, is a major signal that he may act out that role of the 14th in the c version where he rescue Soo out of So's fury.

• Like 9

@valsava

you have to remember that except he turn his back on HS when she need him the most WW never hurt her in any way.. that's why she can still feel something for him after all he did.. WW in a way is HS family and Lady Hae last request is for HS to comfort him cause WW live a very hard life maintaining his prince status.. so its understandable why she still want to protect WW.. but in her defense she did tell WS why she did't want WW to be harm..

its just HS don't really get the idea that both guy want the throne for the same reason.. its all about her and she kinda slow in understand that..lol

in BBJX RX will protect 8th and all the prince also she made 4th promise not to take his brother live.. he did but he really make a living hell for his brother who against him..

i guess both character HS and RX always will protect all people even they all have hurt her.. its true what 4th said....

'she always want to take care of other but i only care for her'....

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Sleepietake2 said:

I think the most upsetting part for me regarding this whole dragged out WookSo love line is the fact that we barely have ANY SoSoo moments at all.  I've just watched a 20 episode drama were I see the main leads in 85% of every single episode.  And yet we barely got to see any So at the beginning, much less SoSoo.

I lurk on the Reddit forum and someone posted this:

The early version of the leaked scripts and synopsis had focused more on Wang So's character and the story up to part of ep 9 that we've seen was supposed to be in the first four episodes. It's the director who fell in love with KHN and changed things to highlight Wang Wook to get him a ride on the Hallyu wave. Big mistake. I'm so livid, yet I can't stop watching because LJG is the hostage of this show.

Can anyone here corroborate the above? Did MLSHR pull a Cheese in the Trap?

• Like 15

23 hours ago, MyMindIsASnowflake said:

I gotta say.. the feels i get from watching this show. It ranges from wanting to flip tables to clutching my heart in pain to swooning dramatically at the screen.

I'm really liking how the war of thrones is about to start (some intense action, yes!) It's a good distraction from the emotional ride i get when comes to the WS/HS/WW love triangle.

I love how WS continues to try and help HS even though he knows his love is currently one-sided. He just wants her to be happy and free from the palace life, even if she doesn't love him back. It would be impossible for your heart NOT to be moved by his actions (i want to ship myself with the man:wub:) and I love how you can see how his actions are moving HS in a big way. She is trying so desperately to push him away, and fair enough, since getting involved with the princes has only bought her trouble so far, but then you see that slip of concern she has for him when she sees him wearing his mask again. It's only a matter of time before her self control over her emotions gets pushed to the edge and she'll fall into the WS ship~~

I hope HS will see that WW would never have chosen her over the throne. Then she'll see the contrast between WS who just wants to be with her in peace and that the throne means nothing to him without her. I really like this dark side of Kang Ha Neul as WW. He really made my blood boil in his confrontation with WS and I wanted to bash him with a stick :w00t:. Love how WS just threw everything back into his face. I don't know why it was so satisfying to see WW lose his cool around WS. I think it highlighted how angry he really was at himself for not being able to do what WS can do for HS. It is driving him crazy with jealousy even though he's the one who chose to let go first.

Also i couldn't help but burst out laughing at the scene below HAHAHA. Yeahyeah i know i have pervert mind :lol::phew:

Me: I would like to kiss you 50 times and back-hug you and then...

WS: You want to do what with me?

Look how clueless he looks. BAHAHAHHAHAA. I love you LJK :heart:

3921fe46864a1adc4104859f0fd13531.jpg

Hi I just wanted to ask what episode is the picture above  is from?

Edited by owlcat
grammar
  • Like 12

Is it really over now, and I have to wait one more week?

I just want to marathon this series until the end. I have lack of sleep because of this series, watching  live, watching again with english sub. Browsing many things about it and also pages on this forum. So many works are invested into it and yet why don't I feel satisfied?

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think its interesting what WS said in preview 'if you're not coming to my side don't give me hope'

when he first declare that HS belong to him in make up scene he actually really confident about not letting her go.. 'prepare yourself cause i will never let you go'

the second one is when he kiss her and now he give order...'without my permission you cannot leave me or die either' 

and the third one is asking 'if you're not coming to my side don't give me hope'

he slowly learn how to actually love HS.. he at first keep give order to her now actually ask her about it... i feel kinda proud with WS he slowly understand how HS mind and he changed for her... he never give up on winning HS love and now he will get what he want and he will protect it by all cost... 

the one who tried to kill and keep threaten now became someone so gentle and caring............. awww

@violet90  I'm so hoping this is the big twist on this story if not I'm going to be mad, Now what I'm more skeptical about is this marriage to the CP young daghter, How is it that Yh becomes his Queen and not the CP daughter did Yh and WW threaten to kill the lil girl because I know he married her as a favor to the King to protect her because she has also become a pawn in this game of chess..

Also WW asking the CP to give him the throne I bet he's making him choose. 

• Like 8