[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

21 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

wow... I'm watching the marathon on

ONe Asia channel in my country in Indonesia, and I just realised they already changed the  version, they marathon the SBS version, not international version. Daebak! 

@Mona Ys I have ONE Asia in my country, but I am working today so can't watch :crazy: Perhaps I'll make it in time for the last few episodes :sweatingbullets: Do you know whether it is the SBS version, or is it a third version, combining all the good from the international and SBS versions? 

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, Mona Ys said:

wow... I'm watching the marathon on

ONe Asia channel in my country in Indonesia, and I just realised they already changed the  version, they marathon the SBS version, not international version. Daebak! 

Is the marathon still ongoing? can someone PM me a link?

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii said:

@rumasa79 It's so shocking to compare the Hae Soo at the beginning of the series to the weary, betrayed and heartbroken Soo that we see by Episode 11 :( 

I went back and watched some clips of Episode 1 and 2, and I was so shocked because - oh my gosh?! Her entire demeanour is so different T_T She was so much more free, her curiosity and smiles came so freely! It's not difficult to see why she was so liked by the princes, as she was truly a breath of fresh air that had been untainted by the toxicity within the palace T_T

I fear that her happiness will never be as pure or unadulterated as the Soo that we first encountered - but here's to hoping that Soo and So are able to live a while in happiness and joy <3 

I share the same concern! I feel like her 21st century attitude is going away. It's been a year in Goryoe and she's changed so much since she entered the palace. Even when she first came to Damiwon she was still optimistic, happy and cheerful and her whole 21st century girl attitude was there even when she was punished by Concubine Oh all the time. I think after she found out about Gwangjong she changed significantly (not saying that caused her to change). In episodes 10 and 11 especially she acts exactly like a Damiwon court lady Oh, I couldn't tell her apart from any other Goryoe court lady. :mellow: She's gotten use to the rules and regulations of Goryoe and she's starting to forget she's Go Ha Jin... I really want to see her 21st century attitude back but I think since the next few episodes are filled with some intense drama we're going to be waiting a while to see our sassy girl's smile 

• Like 21

@SizzlerZ YES!!!!!!!! After she has the vision of Gwangjong she has become so different and timid in her actions. It seems almost a lifetime away from when she challenged the ways of Goryeo in her drunken talks with Baek Ah, and her social commentary which So had echoed! I miss the girl that realised that she could take her fate into her own hands, the one that intentionally scarred herself in order to avoid getting married to the king, and the one that knew that she couldn't rely on anyone but herself to get what she wants.

I know that in the next episode she is going to be completely run down as a washing maid, but... I want our smiling, witty and optimistic Soo back T_T 

In the longer preview, we've seen that she becomes a concubine (?) but she's in tears. I wonder what will come next and in terms of character development, will Soo continue the pathway of the tragic heroine that is ultimately going to sacrifice everything for So? Or will she overcome this and adskfsakdlfs so many questions lol

• Like 18

Wow! Guess today is the slowest this thread was ever since I only need to backtrack less than 10 pages :)

I think most of us still in our wandering mind: re-watching old episodes (or in my case some fave scenes for gazillion time) and digging what we can confer for what is going to happen in episode 12-13. This thread will explode tomorrow morning when they release the longer preview of episode 12 and we've got text preview and more stills! :D

Anyway, watching FMVs help myself thinking that MOONDAY is just hours closer! :blush:

• Like 18

37 minutes ago, liddi said:

@Mona Ys I have ONE Asia in my country, but I am working today so can't watch :crazy: Perhaps I'll make it in time for the last few episodes :sweatingbullets: Do you know whether it is the SBS version, or is it a third version, combining all the good from the international and SBS versions? 

@Mona Ys I snuck a peek on ONE Asia, which was towards the end of Ep2, when the attempted assassination of the Crown Prince occurred, and the chase into the bamboo forest. This is definitely not the Director's Cut for Ep2, since the flashback to the hairpin left at the bathing area just before Soo ran after So was not in this version. So I think this is still the international version, since SBS originally broadcast Eps 1-3 with the international version, and only started doing minor tweeks in Eps 4-5, and major ones from 6-10. Will know for sure once Ep6 of the marathon is aired.

Regardless of which version, the solitary double bass that plays the moment Taejo realises it was So, not Moo behind the mask... building up to a fever pitch as the ensemble of strings traces So's singleminded pursuit of the assassins, never fails to give me chills. Please, please let them release the instrumental soundtrack, if possible, even midway through the drama, instead of having to wait to the end.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, liddi said:

I think it is SBS/korean version, now still watching ep 3, I'm not sure, but for sure there's no more annoying rap music I remember were playing in international versions. BGM is definitely better (like the korean version). 

Edited: ep 3 is still the international version, because there's a scene where Baek Ah caught 14th prince fighting with market people scene.. and there's a scene where 8th accidentally touched HS hands and she prayed, her heart wavered. so it is not director's cut. sorry  hehe... 

• Like 11

I wonder why King Taejo seems to be so against WS courting or going after HS? Can anybody elaborate what the King could probably thinking? :sweatingbullets:

I mean even though WS is not obviously shown affection by the King he was subtly giving him backup in the shadows by giving him ways to strengthen himself to support the CP. In a way he is still favored by the King.

The status of HS can be easily remedied if the King wanted to but he didn't. She's the victim in the palace games and EVERYBODY knows that. After Lady Oh's demise, the King could've just leave HS alone but NO he just had to separate her further by sending her to the laundry department.

Though in EP 10 the King and the CP were suspicious where WS's loyatly truly lies, he proved his unwavering loyalty to the CP's party by saving the CP from the poisoned tea (eventhough WS did it mainly for HS). Now that he notices this son of his is REALLY into the non-threatening and innocent HS, what he (King) does is continuously prevent WS to do what he wants then go as far as sending him into war in hope that he would forget about HS. Why not give WS a break for all things he went through since he was a kid? :blink:

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, liddi said:

@Mona Ys I snuck a peek on ONE Asia, which was towards the end of Ep2, when the attempted assassination of the Crown Prince occurred, and the chase into the bamboo forest. This is definitely not the Director's Cut for Ep2, since the flashback to the hairpin left at the bathing area just before Soo ran after So was not in this version. So I think this is still the international version, since SBS originally broadcast Eps 1-3 with the international version, and only started doing minor tweeks in Eps 4-5, and major ones from 6-10. Will know for sure once Ep6 of the marathon is aired.

Regardless of which version, the solitary double bass that plays the moment Taejo realises it was So, not Moo behind the mask... building up to a fever pitch as the ensemble of strings traces So's singleminded pursuit of the assassins, never fails to give me chills. Please, please let them release the instrumental soundtrack, if possible, even midway through the drama, instead of having to wait to the end.

the ending of ep 1 definitely different than what I remember, but ep. 2 feels the same (however without the annoying rap background music).... weird, I'm not sure, you know in ep 1-3, I only watched parts with LJG screentimes repeatedly, so only noticed the differences on his scenes. I always skip the other 'unimportant' parts hehehe...... anyway, still watching ep 3 now, 

edited: ep. 3: they still showed the bodies of monks with cut-out tongues. so this is still international version. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, redfrommars said:

Is the marathon still ongoing? can someone PM me a link?

it's on cable tv One Asia, 11 hours till later tonight. yes it is still going, I think you can view it only pay per view/cable tv in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia..

• Like 10

@xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii @SizzlerZ many viewers complain about Soo's character development, and here actually we've been presented a character confinement. 

Soo's fire continue to fade away and I agree with you both that she probably would never return to who she was 10 episodes ago. But all the pain and heartbreaks would get her more humbled and squared, I'm excited to witness that she'll be able to march through with poise and resilience.

Hae Soo, fighting!

• Like 18

it's weird to have rap song background in sageuk drama, you can have rap song as ost drama.... just make it as instrumental (without rap) when put it as background song

i will think moon lovers as i hear im sunhae song as it is beautiful song

just the same like i will think faith as i hear carry on

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mabelialong said:

it's weird to have rap song background in sageuk drama, you can have rap song as ost drama.... just make it as instrumental (without rap) when put it as background song

i will think moon lovers as i hear im sunhae song as it is beautiful song

just the same like i will think faith as i hear carry on

There were rap songs / part-pap in faith and Arang and the magistrate, too ... it did fit the scene, thought ;)

• Like 10

22 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@hallyus I do agree with you the fact that Taejo was neither a good husband nor father and he said so himself to CP, saying that only CP was his son who stayed back to back with him at the battle fields.  He got married during mourning period of her eldest son's death and QY needed his comfort.  However, we need to reason like people from Goryeo era not from 21st centuries.  QY reacted the same when King tried to marry Hae Soo when she was already a grandmother (WY already married with kids) while other queens and concubines did not protest (do not remember, it was in international version or SBS version).  I think from the way the writer portrayed her, even if her eldest son did not die, she would still protest Taejo's marriage but probably may or may not to the extent of harming WS, depending on how close Taejo was to WS.  If she just  wanted him to wait till mourning period was over, she never needed to harm WS to get King's attention even if WS was his favorite son at that time. A mother, who was in mourning of a child, won't harm another of her child no matter how desperate situation was unless she was overshadowed by possessiveness/ jealousy towards her significant others. There are many stories where women makes their children sick so that their husbands won't leave them or to get their husbands' attention.  

I'm saying this from point of view of a woman from Goryeo.  Since this story did NOT exist in actual history, I'm analyzing her from her behavior.  Although both came from powerful clans, QY acted more proudful than WW's mom (queen Hwangbo) and it shows her strong and spoiled personality.  May be because her father was famous general under Gung Ye, founder of Taebong whom Taejo was working for, she was the first wife with real status and powerful military clan whom he married after he became prime minister of Taebong and she was the only wife until he became King in 1918 after Gung Ye was killed. CP's mom was supposedly lowly-born, her father was just local magistrate and she seemed to die early.  Although she was a Queen and a woman from Goryeo, she acted like only she deserved to be with Taejo.  I'll write about Taejo's predicament in next post (next weekend) but he was definitely a good and wise king sacrificing his body for his country (line from this internet novel translation: https://plainlybored.wordpress.com/about/) which is just founded from turmoil and very unstable (Silla, Later Bakjie and Taebong were very recent proofs) without needing more blood shed. We need to remember Taejo's reign is different from WS's Gawanjon's reign! The country is just founded and it is only a third of former Silla and two other mini-kingdoms and threat of Jurchen from the north existed.

Anyhow, having 29-30 consorts and not mourning of a child by the king are not new to me being raised in culture with kings with many wives and many children.  You know some kings in southeast Asian and China has 50 consorts or more. Even Rama V who ruled till 1910 had 116 total queens, consorts and concubines and 33 sons/ 44 daughters that I won't blame him if he did NOT know one of his consorts or children died (especially a daughter) if they weren't favored until a few days or sometime later.  If he planned a trip or certain ceremony during their death, I'm pretty sure he would still continue with it. 

Just pointing out the fact that Queen Yoo was overcame by her greed for Taejo's love that she forgot about the Queen's judy as mother of the kingdom, meaning she even needed to raise his children if their mother died young...

I think King Gwongjong did learn mistake from his late father who had 29-30 consorts is not a strategy to put all clans together but somehow would create a lot of family issues. That's why he married only one Queen and one concubine. 

• Like 13

22 hours ago, chi13lou said:

Was there one between 949-955? Just curious because there is a theory that something happened in between because WS and YH only had their first child 6 years after they got married and that was in 955. Thanks.

Yes, there are eclipses happening in 949 and 955. 949 was the year of Gwangjong's coronation while 955 was the year Gwangjong's son was born. So either our drama will end in 949 or 955 or even 975.

• Like 19