[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

15 hours ago, jayakris said:

By the way, am I the only one impressed by the Princess Yeon Hwa actress?  She has been doing a terrific job.  I particularly noticed the scene at the beginning when Wang So walks off from the banquet and she gets up to ask for 3 cups.  She first looked at the evil queen who just looked away.  The expression on the princess' face was striking.  For a split second she showed disbelief at the mother being least bothered of the son who had just had poison, and also her own caring (which she has somewhere inside) for Wang So.  In a second it was a smile on her face, meant for the King.  Another scene that I liked was in Ep.10 when she walked into the evil queen's room to start the whole evil plot. She walked in even as the attendant ladies were announcing, with her head turned up.  Talk about style! ... I had never seen this actress before, but I'm impressed.

Sorry, I only included what I wanted to talk about from your post.

I was impressed with her acting and did her facial expression analysis on Tuesday. She was the first actress/ actor expression I analyze on soompi though I haven't posted many :):D:P 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, potatohead said:

One of the comments earlier mentioned Kang Ha Neul in Empire of Lust so I looked up the trailer and a cut scene on Youtube.

Current thoughts: I can never see him and Kang Ha Na/Yeonhwa in the same light again.

1. Siblings?! The transition is so different

2. I thought Ha Neul was just a giggly little cutiepie. Never thought he could and would do scenes like the ones in that movie

I'm shocked

Ha, based on @potatohead 's post I totally just skimmed through Empire of Lust. OMG, definitely won't look at those actors in the same way. Good to see that eyeliner indicates "historical bad guy" in both the fairly chaste TV dramas AND in the adult-rated films.

1 hour ago, ladyfriday said:

I'll just interrupt regular programming for a hot minute to share a little Soo-centric post-11 speculative fic I wrote. If y'all have fic reqs that you want me to maybe write, don't hesitate to drop em off here

young enough to try (to build a better life)

The princes come to visit often in the early days. They stand along the road in pairs, pained looks on their polished, always-handsome faces. But the care in their eyes is a reminder of what she’s lost, and when she’s pushed into the water, sputtering as it goes up her nose, its bitter, soapy taste coating the inside of her mouth, Soo wishes they’d leave.

No one talks about the aftermath of war.

[read here]

@ladyfriday This was so good!! I love how the speculative fic fills the parts of the story that 1) would not make for good TV*, but 2) are times when there's internal change happening with the characters. 

(*I definitely would not want to watch a whole episode of Soo washing clothes, but it could be a great opportunity for laundry soap PPL.)

• Like 15

2 hours ago, ladyfriday said:

I'll just interrupt regular programming for a hot minute to share a little Soo-centric post-11 speculative fic I wrote. If y'all have fic reqs that you want me to maybe write, don't hesitate to drop em off here

young enough to try (to build a better life)

The princes come to visit often in the early days. They stand along the road in pairs, pained looks on their polished, always-handsome faces. But the care in their eyes is a reminder of what she’s lost, and when she’s pushed into the water, sputtering as it goes up her nose, its bitter, soapy taste coating the inside of her mouth, Soo wishes they’d leave.

No one talks about the aftermath of war.

[read here]

I love this! I love how you describe Soo's struggle after Lady Oh's death. I believe, the show might not spend so much time exploring her traumatic days after her tragic loss considering we have only 9 episodes left, but your piece of writing does it very well.

Soo's gradual change of heart toward So would be much more believable and their reunion would be heart wrenching. I even got teary reading that part.

Please write some more, writer-nim!

• Like 12

Not mine... Cr. to owner.

But saw this on Twitter... makes me smile (despite the very crappy weekend I'm having) so decided to share.

I haven't properly read the last 136 pages on this thread... and haven't even managed to skim through the last 50+. Missing out on so much!!! Hopefully I will be able to jump back into the fun by tonight.

Miss you so much, dear Eclipses! \^0^/

• Like 23

26 minutes ago, qiwishindi said:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE ENDING IS GOOD OR NOT WHAT DID THE PD SAY??

I've heard that the journey will be sadder than the C-drama but the ending will be happier. I've heard this the most but I've also heard a few people say it's a sad ending.

• Like 14

Kick his butt, So! Didn't the hot tea Lady Oh served him enough? Stop being salty because So is doing everything you took ages to do because you were just sitting on your butt, Wook! You made your bed now lay on it. It's none of your business whatever Soo does now or ever though.  I could understand his hostility to So before if he had been a man and told So to back off since he's the one planning on marrying her. He never did and just kept glaring like So he's a psychic supposed to know of their involvement . At least his animosity would have made more sense to So even if their conflict would have become worse. I actually never had an issue with him choosing his family in epi 11. That's fine by me. My issue was his constant not doing a thing worth poo to make me believe he was truly committed to her. Then he had the audacity to propose to her. Honestly he only did that because he saw So was moving way faster than him and it was affecting Soo whether she wanted to admit it or not. He had plenty of chance to marry her. Hell! His dying wife gave him her blessing and even kneeled to his mom for her approval. He can't say that he had morals back then since he was already waxing poetics (literally) about Soo in front of said wife so why not jump on it? She was still a noble and from the same family so it wouldn't have affected his buried ambition. But no, he even let his own father beat him to the punch . This is why Wook won't do. Not because of So, but because of himself. And no girl wants a guy like that and if Soo wasn't busy living in her bubble, she would have seen the sign and avoided her heart to be stomped again. I am pissed that they didn't give her the chance to dump him. I mean this is the girl who saved herself from marrying that old smurf by cutting her wrist so she ain't weak. Ugh!

• Like 17

8 hours ago, briseis said:

The Star-Crossed Moon Lovers

It’s in this moment when Hae Soo sees both brothers for what they really are; as if the rain had the cleansing power to wash away all pretenses and lies and remove all masks, leaving only the brutal truth and harsh reality.

The 8th Prince who abandons her because he doesn’t love her enough and his brother who defies another one of the king’s orders (he defied so many already I stopped counting them) because HE LOVES HER TOO MUCH, MORE THAN HIS OWN LIFE - the feared 4th Prince Wang So, the Wolf Dog, who is shielding her body with his own and standing by her side in the pouring rain as an immovable wall, unchanging, unwavering, loyal beyond fault, devoted and steadfast in his love for her.

The constancy and strength of his affection and feelings for the whole world to see. Wook, the morning sun whose light gets diminished by gathering clouds and So, the star which shines even in the darkest night.

“Sometimes, I think of the sun and moon as lovers who rarely meet, always chase, and almost always miss one another. But once in a while, they do catch up, and they kiss, and the world stares in awe of their eclipse. 

The visual symbolism of the whole moment between So and Soo in the rain resembles that of the celestial meeting between the sun and moon at the beginning of the story - the day and the night, the burning sun and the ice-cold moon - two celestial bodies that shouldn’t meet on the same sky (with water once again serving as the medium of the meeting). Just like them,Wang So and Hae Soo are the complete opposites, born under different stars with 1000 years separating them, who should never meet, yet here they are under the same sky and they are perfect, completing each other.

He’s a prince, she is lower than a commoner; a modern girl and a man destined to be a king; a killer and a healer. Wang So is often compared to the sun because of his royal descend, but in their relationship it’s Hae Soo who is the sun, HIS SUN, HIS LIGHT, and he is the moon because it’s the sun’s light which allows the moon to shine in the darkness, in a darkness where he’d lived before she entered his life. And now he is in the rain, holding her in his arms (shielding her, just like the moon shields the sun with its darkness), trying to protect that light against the whole world and against nature itself.

I like your illustration, it suits their relationship, and all the sudden reminds me of the eclipse, I guess it is more than just a mere symbol. Is it described in the novel, or do you think of it yourself?

I couldn't find the complete english translation of the chinese novel, I only have until chapter 7, but I haven't read it in order to be concentrated on this drama first.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Check this out chingu's I love this picture 

Funny part about this picture is.... Even back then in episode 2, he would never ever have hurt her. If wook never showed up he wouldn't even have left her in the forest alone. He would just scream at her and stuff and death threats but still let her go unharmed. lol :D I actually believe he was attracted to her at first sight. Pretty obvious from the horse scene that he's attracted. Cuties!!! :D 

• Like 24

27 minutes ago, potatohead said:

I re-watched the trailer and noticed these scenes. Seems like Wook's going to go to her after all that and say he missed her. HOW DARE HE. Then, like @ladyfriday wrote, Soo will ask them all to leave her alone. (That story was BEAUTIFUL by the way. Amazingly written. I loved it so much. One of the best fan-fictions I've ever read. The writer has a great talent for writing)  

In the extended trailer, Wook had rushed into the room, opening the doors. Then we see in the preview for the next episode that Wook (same robes, same location) appeared to be looking at a something pink (dress?)... likely Hae Soo's. Then he threw it away and cried out her name. It might be because Hae Soo finally returned the bracelet he had given her. We also know that someone with a black sleeve had used something to break it based on the trailer. It's either Wook himself (in a fit of rage) or So. We might not get to see all of these scenes in Monday's episode. Probably Tuesday's episode, if we're lucky! HYPEDDDDDDDD. 

i think what he threw away was the pillow soo made for him.

i just have this bad feeling because of the editing, what should be on tomorrow's ep will be on tuesday's instead. i hope (praying hard to drama gods) that will not be the case. it's torture to wait for monday already and for the day to come only to wait for another day.

can we at least have the kiss tomorrow and more kisses in tuesday ep. :rolleyes:

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, glacial said:

Funny part about this picture is.... Even back then in episode 2, he would never ever have hurt her. If wook never showed up he wouldn't even have left her in the forest alone. He would just scream at her and stuff and death threats but still let her go unharmed. lol :D I actually believe he was attracted to her at first sight. Pretty obvious from the horse scene that he's attracted. Cuties!!! :D 

Did anyone else find it incongruous that a guy who has a complex about his scar would literally pick up a pretty girl off the streets? I get that the writer is recreating a scene from the novel, but it seemed kind out of character to me. 

• Like 7