[Drama 2015 - 2016] Remember – War of the Son 리멤버 – 아들의 전쟁

Seiran029

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found the below pic via pmyangel twtr

So yeah looking at this cast.. you can tell it ain't a rom-com. YSH role will be a genius lawyer  who has Hyperthymesia.  He will defend his father accused a crime and who is in death row father is played by Jun Kwang-Ryul as the case goes on he will also  slowly lose memory.. and those memories  will be the key to vindicate and help the father.

Embedded image permalink

But what is Hyperthymesia? Because I'm clueless as well, I searched...

Hyperthymesia is an extremely rare neuropsychological condition marked by an extreme memory for personal history, often referred to as autobiographical memory. This syndrome, which is also known as piking, was first defined in an article from the neuropsychological journal Neurocase. The article states that the primary characteristics of a person with hyperthymesia syndrome are spending abundant time thinking about personal memories and having exceptional personal memory recall.

When a person with piking is given a date, she will often recall what day of the week the date fell on and any personal information surrounding her on that date. She may remember her school teacher’s name and how he was dressed or what television show and episode played on that date. If a historical event on that day was of personal interest to the person with hyperthymesia, that historical event may be recalled as well.

People with this syndrome tend to have poor eidetic or photographic memory and often complain of having trouble with rote memory tasks often required in school. They also do not have superior abilities or even sometimes normal abilities to remember sequences of numbers. People with this syndrome also have trouble with memory building skills and do not seem to easily improve their rote memory when memory skills and tools are taught to them. The key to the superior memory of a person with hyperthymesia is based solely on the recall of information that is personally linked to him.

Source  wisegeek.com/what is hyperthymesia

So we can therefore conclude YSH role will dramatic and heavy and likely court room battles. Waiting to see quality writing and excellent acting plus acting from the stars.  

This is sorta like superb brilliant drama I Remember You from KBS.  In that hat drama Min (brilliant acting by PBG is the genius lawyer who remembered everything. Hyun (played by SIG) has wonderful skills and memory but chose not to remember because it triggered something awful.

Perhaps, YSH will be be sort of like MIN of IRY....

I hope this is really really really good drama! premiere is Dec 9. SBS.

Remember is a courtroom drama. December 9. SBS

I like PMY and be nice to see her in different role than we're used to seeing her.  And I'm excited to see YSH and terrific acting from both of them and of course, Nam Goong Min!

Fanart cr:onpic via prettyangelpmy

Embedded image permalinkEmbedded image permalink

‘Remember’ ushers in robust supporting cast

Competent actors Lee Won-jong, Lee Si-eun, Eom Hyo-seob, Jeong In-gi, Park Hyeon-suk and Maeng Sang-hun have joined the supporting cast of upcoming TV drama, “Remember,” SBS said Wednesday.

Slated to premiere on Dec. 9, “Remember” is a story about a lawyer with extreme memory capacity who fights to exonerate his falsely charged father.

The main and supporting actors include male and female leads Yoo Seung-ho and Park Min-young, Park Sung-woong, Nam Goong-min and Jun Kwang-ryul.

Each will take compelling roles such as that of a prosecutor handling a tricky case, a dead girl’s father, a head of a gang group and more.

“Remember” will air its first episode on Dec. 9, continuing in the place of Wednesday-Thursday 9:55 p.m. show “The Village: Achiara’s Secret.”

source

wow... a bunch of great supporting casts. It seems SBS seriously to take this drama. I hope this won't turn out to be disappointing.

Based on the character description, will it be another noona romance? i know this is not romcom, but romantic scene or plot storylines is a must in the big 3.

2944249709_7573d735_zps3ktwqzm5.jpg

overall, i like the casts. Just SBS please don't ruin this drama.

oh no .. I think I'm the only one who don't like noona romances :( .. maybe cause I've seen a lot them that I got really bored of this type of romance :vicx: .. whatever I'm still looking forward to PMY x YSH chemistry :wub:

<-- and please tell me there won't be any love triangle with NGM, I can't bear seeing him heartbroken :tears: .. still hoping he'll be a good criminal who'll end up realizing his crimes early in the drama and join the hero's side before the it ends :lol: waiting for his character description :)

OMG noona romance. I like it, can't wait to see YSH and PMY style.

Ahahahaa.. damn.. this is why I previously mentioned PMY and NGM seems more appropriate with interactions/romance on the side.

YSH and  PMY.. uhmmm.. ha ha. But it's ok PMY  looks so  young especially that recent IG pic.  she looked about 18. I like her.

Man, this is seriously like IRY from KBS..with SIG younger than Jang Nara. But the beauty of that drama is the it wasn't in your face it's organic flowy plus it wasn't really rom-com soit was just very nice.

I hope this one will be the same too. :)

oh no .. I think I'm the only one who don't like noona romances :( .. maybe cause I've seen a lot them that I got really bored of this type of romance :vicx: .. whatever I'm still looking forward to PMY x YSH chemistry :wub:

<-- and please tell me there won't be any love triangle with NGM, I can't bear see him heartbroken :tears: .. I'm still hoping he'll be a good criminal who'll end realize his crimes early in the and join the hero's side before the drama ends :lol: waiting for his character description :)

Same. I want NGM role to be like the unsung hero who'll be there to save YSH.. like especially when he loses memory..omg..ha ha. I'm excited. Anyway, It's not unheard of for a villain to eventually turn around and redeem himself. :)

Archived