[Drama 2016] Local Hero 동네의 영웅

Seiran029

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NestleKIMY, I totally agree with you. For that reason, I have avoided reading many comments. Seems that some people are sometimes relentless with their judgements and criticism.   I love the camaraderie I sense among the actors.   Love your new BTS videos. Thank you.  And yes, everyone worked hard to bring us a great drama. I look forward to it....

And good news flash!   Smiley

Neighborhood Hero premieres on January 23, only on DramaFever

FIRST LOOK: Neighborhood Hero, starring Park Shi Hoo, Girls' Generation's Yuri, and Lee Soo Hyuk

bc6802b0-b93f-4de4-9c3e-8d7113fbd63c.png

Park Shi Hoo is making his comeback to Korean dramas with OCN's upcoming action series Neighborhood Hero, and the series is coming exclusively to DramaFever in January! Take a look at the first stills and teasers for the drama that also stars Girls' Generation's Yuri, Lee Soo Hyuk, and Jo Sung Ha. Take a look at the first teasers for the new series!

Synopsis:

A former secret agent (Park Shi Hoo) leaves his previous life of danger behind and runs a bar called "Neighborhood" in a small town where he helps the locals with their problems.

Teasers:  (Are all subbed)!

Read more, click on "Awesome" and please comment on DramaFever Blog.

@Seiran029 chingu.. I just noticed that "Neighborhood Hero" is not on the Official Thread directory" under OCN section. That could be another reason why it is relatively quiet in here. Always a good idea to drop Rubie a message when we add a thread, asking her to add to the official directory, and give her a link to the thread.

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/149-official-threads-directory/

I just PM'd Rubie, asking her to add this thread to the directory.

@jongski, Thank you for the great new photos.  I like all that I have seen of this cast interaction. They seem so good together.

I am still so stoked about DramaFever already announcing they will sub this drama. What a great Xmas gift.

Wishing everyone here the Best Holiday Season.

happy_holidays_2012_wallpaper.jpg

Wishing everyone "Happy Holidays too!!"

tumblr_nzv4yjVryy1ucmkkzo1_500.gif

tumblr_nzv4yjVryy1ucmkkzo2_500.gif

Just love all the recent updates.

So here's my bunch of presents to all those hyped up for the show:

Spoiler

tumblr_nzv34bIKNz1ucmkkzo1_500.gif

I think I already know my OTP for the show :wub:

tumblr_nzv4mhk0MA1ucmkkzo1_500.gif

tumblr_nzv4mhk0MA1ucmkkzo2_500.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

And my special treat for the SooHyuk fans....

Choi Chan Gyu, the Puppy B)

tumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo1_400.gif tumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo2_r1_400.giftumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo5_r1_400.giftumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo6_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo7_r1_400.gif tumblr_nzym7pyyeF1ucmkkzo4_400.gif

Because I'm only familiar with the actors names and not their work, I decided to watch  lead star Park Shi Hoo's previous drama Family's Honor. Was just gonna watch PSH parts so I'll have idea about the acting.. my gosh, I ended up doing 16 episode marathon  and liking the drama! I'll resume  another 10 next weekend. Sorry for a very slight  off topic... but I'm luvin the drama. :)

As for PSH, was looking at twts. I dunno/ not familiar with controversy about him him, don't care to know  at all. I just want to watch good crime action drama.   Was having doubts cos he just don't look like  guy that can do action roles....ha ha. Waiting for this action drama.

Oh yeah I like this pic below :P

Embedded image permalink

CTTO:

@NestleKIMY thanks for gifs  You, the fan! the one with the lollipop is cute. :D

On 27/12/2015 at 6:06 PM, jongski said:

Because I'm only familiar with the actors names and not their work, I decided to watch  lead star Park Shi Hoo's previous drama Family's Honor. Was just gonna watch PSH parts so I'll have idea about the acting.. my gosh, I ended up doing 16 episode marathon  and liking the drama! I'll resume  another 10 next weekend. Sorry for a very slight  off topic... but I'm luvin the drama. :)

As for PSH, was looking at twts. I dunno/ not familiar with controversy about him him, don't care to know  at all. I just want to watch good crime action drama.   Was having doubts cos he just don't look like  guy that can do action roles....ha ha. Waiting for this action drama.

Oh yeah I like this pic below :P

Embedded image permalink

CTTO:

@NestleKIMY thanks for gifs  You, the fan! the one with the lollipop is cute. :D

Action roles are his best! You should see him in Confession of Murder and The Princess' Man... ;-)

@NestleKIMY,  Once again - many thanks for your delightful gifs...  I watch them, and I get doubly excited for this drama...!

More trailers: 

Embedding a video has become a nightmare on this Soompi forum.. Here is the link to one of them, the other did upload properly

https://youtu.be/yv33s6K198Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv33s6K198Q

Plot Synopsis and Character Introductions

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo1_1280.png

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo2_1280.png

* See translations by H.A.T. here :P

Spoiler

Interesting plot snippets...

"Three years ago, intelligence agent Baek Si Yoon (BSY) completed his mission in Macau and returned to normal life.  He sought out the mother of his comrade-in-arms who was sacrificed because of his stubbornness, but he could not reveal the truth to her."

*Backstory has been revealed. I'm hyped up!!! Oh and his relationship with SooHyuk and SungHa is also pretty interesting too! :rolleyes:

Other Characters...

Spoiler

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo3_1280.png

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo4_1280.png

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo5_1280.png

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo6_1280.png

tumblr_o05gngUkxh1ucmkkzo7_1280.png

* See translations by Nance here :lol:

Spoiler

I have yet to see translations for Yoon Tae Young's and Jung Man Sik's Character Descriptions though...

*All pictures credited to the official OCN Local Hero Blog ^_^

Archived