[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

This iOS getting all the black minions here jittery with excitement!!! Look at how GMB is waking up all the lurkers n even making the silent ones rise to post remarks first time n all the rest sleuthing around for clues n hints. What a motley crew we are  indeed ! I am enjoying every minute reading all the remarks so well said!

Actually after reading the rest of character briefs, I find this drama even more promising n not as straight forward as it seems. And this  is even more exciting n intriguing!! 

There sd be discoveries along the way n I think that is great than a monotonous straight revenge story!

yeah! Black is back with Vengence!! 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Count of Monte Cristo is quite a complex story with a myriad of characters that have plenty of skeletons stuffed in closets. Long before there were soap operas and K revenge melodramas. :D The revenge plots in CoMC are quite sophisticated showing detailed planning. Some have drawn parallels between CoMC and the C-drama, Nirvana in Fire and there are good reasons for that.

In the hands of a skilled writer, Goodbye Mr Black could be amazing.

There is no one main villain here. There are multiple villains in this story and they are all intertwined in a variety of sordid ways that make your average weekend family drama look like child's play. :D But whatever villain KKW plays, he will give a sensitive and nuanced performance. 

The question now is whether or not this show is able to take all the best things from the CoMC and turn it into something both thrilling and cerebral.

Guest HelloHailey

I am so looking forward to their interviews together. Perfect visuals + they are both adorable and easygoing and have a childlike side to them. Moon Chae Won looks so angelic and sounds so kind, she is like someone who can never imagine that she could do something evil. Plus Lee Jin Wook is so genuine. Even though he has aged he still gives me that same feeling that he speaks everything on his mind. This was from  Air City like so so long ago. He looks so young back then. He may look rough now but his personality is still the same. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ikXzsGiocwatch?v=s7ikXzsGioc

(start at 2:50, if you have never watched this interview before, I guess it will make you go "Awwww". I can certainly understand why some A-list noonas fell under his charm)

@HelloHailey - I agree with you that moon has a child like personality in her although I am so used to seeing her cool n almost cold side in the roles she plays. She is the typical secretive scorpio who is tough but passionate n gaurds her real self so tightly n has a side that is seldom seen by many. All it takes is for someone to bring that part out in the open. This role lets us see another side of her n I think it is so perceptive n sweet of if Ljw to bring out that point! Moon is a Scorpio n wook is a Virgo. They are very actually compatible signs. So I think this pair will work perfect on screen n I think they will bring out the best of each other! Look forward to seeing their chemistry on screen n tog off screen at the GMB press con!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤ 3rd Teaser p.68 ♤ D-9 ♤

I had heard a lot about this show but so far was skeptical but now that I see the trailers, I am super excited. The leads look perfect, the villain/second couple look super intense, this drama so far looks good. Is this really based on The Count of Monte Cristo, wonderful book that can translate really well if done right. I have faith in the cast though. I can't wait to see this but this year has been such a mix baggage of drama for me that part of me wants to wait for it to finish before diving in. And the pairing looks awesome. I really can't wait for this.

Lee Jin Wook and Kim Kang Woo Show Friendship Gone Bad in “Goodbye Mr. Black” Stills

Lee Jin Wook and Kim Kang Woo Show Friendship Gone Bad in “Goodbye Mr. Black” Stills

MBC’s upcoming mini-series “Goodbye Mr. Black” has released some new stills in anticipation of the drama.

The drama will tell the story of a man who devotes his life to revenge after losing everything to a friend’s betrayal. Lee Jin Wook will be playing the vengeful soldier, “Black” Cha Ji Won, while Kim Kang Woo will be playing the betrayer, Min Sun Jae.

lee jin wook kim kang woo

In the stills, the two actors have a face-off at what appears to be a funeral or some other formal event. The two of them stare intensely at each other while Kim Kang Woo places a firm hand on Lee Jin Wook’s shoulder. In another still cut, the two actors study the script together in order to put on their best performance.

“You can look forward to the tension between them,” the production staff said. “Cha Ji Won and Min Sun Jae have been through everything together, from loyalty to betrayal to revenge. It will be a different type of chemistry than usual.”

Based on a manhwa (Korean comic) of the same name, the drama will air its first episode on March 16 following the end of “One More Happy Ending.” The rest of the cast includes Moon Chae Won, Song Jae Rim, and Yoo In Young

source

Many thanks to all those who have posted pretty pictures of LJU and KKW together. They have such a nice bromance vibe going that I'm almost sad that it goes south. In another show they could've played brothers. Whoever it was that thought about bringing these two guys together... much credit to you! They both project a kind of rugged masculinity that I absolutely adore and I'm ridiculously excited about watching it played out on screen.

Who cares about the romance? :P

I think I could live on 20 episodes of LJU-KKW bromance tension alone. 

Song Jae Rim’s Sophisticated Pictorial for Grazia Revealed

12802929_1554140648247971_71804620750142

Actor Song Jae Rim expresses intellectual sophistication through a pictorial forGrazia magazine.

Song Jae Rim will take on the role of the CEO of a publishing company Seo Woo Jin in the MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Goodbye Mr. Black.”

For the fashion pictorial, Song Jae Rim is dressed up as the character Seo Woo Jin.

12801355_1554140668247969_79361772706421

The photos give off sophisticated atmosphere that of an intellectual. Song Jae Rim shows off his slim bodyline expressing confident and sexy appeal of someone with smarts.

1935994_1554140688247967_218871135525923

During the interview, Song Jae Rim talks about his character saying, “There are different sides to Seo Woo Jin’s personality. He is hot tempered and sly at times. He’s an elite, yet has loose ends. I was attracted to the character for his unexpected qualities.”

He adds, “I’m mostly concerned about reaching different emotional levels portraying this character because I need to express the storyline. If I were to compare a particular scene to cooking, the emotional levels are like ingredients or spices that go into my cooking. If I use the wrong ingredients, the taste changes.”

More of Song Jae Rim’s pictorial and interview can be seen in the March issue of Grazia magazine.

Source (1)

Images cr Song Jae Rim DC Gal

Article Credit SOOMPI

@40somethingahjumma @LyraYoo exactly! bromance. Ha ha.  we love 'em!

"The drama will tell the story of a man who devotes his life to revenge after losing everything to a friend’s betrayal. Lee Jin Wook will be playing the vengeful soldier, “Black” Cha Ji Won, while Kim Kang Woo will be playing the betrayer, Min Sun Jae " (Cr: Soompi) thanks to @irilight posting the article.

My gosh! friendship wreck by betrayal  and they're both in the navy too! but there's that code silence in the Navy right? brotherhood and all that.

But of course.. Swan will be the calm the  comfort. The one that will probably have the most influence on Black  because revenge after revenge after revenge.. Black won't stop.. and that's where Swan comes in.. fake marriage.. that will lead  to love... woooh! Black and Swanl win our hearts!

Archived