[Drama 2016] ♤ Goodbye Mr. Black 굿바이 미스터 블랙 ♤

Beycuteful

Happy New Year Chingus!! To a great year ahead, lots to look forward to like GMB and looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts n insights on Mr Black!!

Fighting! Fighting! Fighting!!! Big heart and hugs!!!

:heart: :heart:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad I don't get Dramafever or Viki where I'm from but have MBC SBS KBSWorld  on cable but  of course no sub for dramas except for KBSworld.. so I usually watch online wherever I can get sub episodes.

Again as I've mentioned every page THIS IS THE DRAMA for 2016! Most anticipated! Excited

Goodbye. Mr. Black. MBC. 2016. Lee Jin Wook. Moon Chae Won. Song Jae Rim. Kim Kang Woo. Daniel Henny and Yoo In Young.

@lotus Happy New year too and to everyone! @beyaruth thanks for the thread. Everyday I'm here because it's very obvious this is and will be fav for 2016.. yes, I can tell already, lol.

Please indulge screen cap  below is from Three Meals a Day twt feed but I wanna share the pic of LJW.

I wanna see him as Mr. Black..the navy ops guy. March come already!!!!

Embedded image permalink

@jongski Oh, you're very much welcome! :P... Actually, I'm really thankful to all of you here for keeping this thread alive and I'm very much sorry for not able to contribute much here. It's my honor to put up a thread which is very precious to me since it's the 1st ever drama thread that I had started. I excitedly put up this thread after knowing the great news coz I've been missing MCW in a drama so badly... I went crazy and put up this thread... LOL!!!

tumblr_nzeeapaMdf1rhpr88o3_540.gif

(gif credit to ohhhmypreciousrias)

Please inform me if I need to update anything in the title of this thread (kindly coach me, please)... Have a Blessed New Year to everyone! :wub:

Actually, we will see some competition next year, not only with DOTS but also with SBS "Please Come Back Mister" which is gaining momentum too with Rain and other decent cast members.

I still think that Goodbye Mr. Black has the best all around cast (not just the 2 main leads), and it speaks to me the most with both the stars and the storyline.

Wishing everyone here a Wonderful New Year.

223666-Flowers-Bloom-For-The-Holidays.jp

@irilight I'm still not familiar with the Rain drama. Acting wise I'm not fond though I did like/enjoy his drama with SMA :)   I might check that one tho. I do I watch drama  not for the stars ('cept if it's my fav actor..there's only one, ha ha) but for the story the writing, directing and over all production.  I remember Rain was supposed a choice to be cast as the partner for HJW  instead of LJW but dunno what happened to that.

For Goodbye Mr. Black. I totally agree, Story line and stellar casting tops it all! And this drama is the one!

@beyaruth Excited to see MCW again too and of course LJW :)

But I've been waiting for script reading pics.. ha ha. Wanna see these amazing cast! Lee Jin Wook. Moon Chae Won. Song Jae Rim. Kim Kang Woo. Daniel Henny and Yoo In Young.

Then I read a twt..  "hope the writernim doesn't waste their talents" ( cr:diditada) and I'm thinking, the story line updated take of Count of Monte Cristo is excellent  with stellar casting and the writer did Can You Hear My Heart (one of my all time fav kdrama!) so..yeah, I'm expecting the quality of writing and the scenes to be brilliant.  Am I expecting too much?  Well.. just brilliant drama! in all aspects.

*edit... wait, is it still same writer? I think I might be wrong.. am I?

Guest HelloHailey

Hey guys, so Daniel Henney has confirmed his appearance in the drama? He's still in the US right now and filming some series. I would love to see him again in a Korean drama but I wonder if he could make time for it though.

Annyeonghaseyo, yorobeun..Decide to unlurk here and hoping for Jaerim's character description:)

Spot my fellow Jaerim fan @Ginaaaahere too;)

12357569_999713910091063_1537879420_n.jpcr sjkmcwdotcom ig

I really like this pict, they all look hot and mysterious..Hoping this drama to be the hottest drama on 2016 despite the competition..파이팅!:heart:

MBC. Goodbye, Mr. Black. Lee Jin Wook x Moon Chae Won

credit:onpic/twtr

Embedded image permalink

Moon Chae Won. Lee Jin Wook.   Kim Kang Woo. Daniel Henny. Song Jae Rim and Yoo In Young

pic cr: asianwiki

Embedded image permalink

*edit: pic above is a repost from previous page. indulge please. I got excited.  He. he.

@Jillia Thanks for translating. I'm rereading again and I'm getting excited.  Liking a lot Swan & Black <3

I just wanted to share, when this drama was announced, I posted I wanted Kim Moo Yul (MBB) for the role of Black, but I'm so fine now with LJW. Excited to watch him! and MCW comeback.

I hope we'll get the scripreading article on Monday. I keep checking on the internet every day for any news on GMB :crazy: that's how desperate I am.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

MBC. Goodbye, Mr. Black. Lee Jin Wook x Moon Chae Won

credit:onpic/twtr

Moon Chae Won. Lee Jin Wook.   Kim Kang Woo. Daniel Henny. Song Jae Rim and Yoo In Young

pic cr: asianwik

Look at that. A bunch of hot and great actors/actresses. How can anyone not feel excited 

@jongski chingu me too!! He's one terrific actor and I've always wanted him and MCW to be in a project together after Arrow Ultimate Weapon. But then, it's alright because at the end the script and the directing are more important. Even a good actor won't be able to show much if he gets a terrible script. I pray really hard GMB will not disappoint because I freakin love the cast already!

@wasted_youth IKR ha ha we want that script reading already! omg that cast! I'm fudgin' excited! As in! :D  Well, probably next to Ji Soo.. Kim Moo Yul is second fav! such terrific actor! But anyway I like LJW!  I'm anticipating this drama! The cast, the story, the characters. And with high quality writing and directing plus overseas shoot.. we'll put in the amazing cinematography there as well, this is the drama! Loving MCW too. I like the description of her character. She's gonna be feisty one. Yes! the type where she doesn't take no for an answer. and LJW...love his character as Mr. Black!

39 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I just found out that this drama will have Descendants of The Sun and Please Come Back Mister as the competitors. It will be a really tough competition. 

Yup. But still......

I will echo the sentiments of @irilight
I still think that Goodbye Mr. Black has the best all around cast (not just the 2 main leads), and it speaks to me the most with both the stars and the storyline.

And also echoing sentiment of @dhilamd

Hoping this drama to be the hottest drama on 2016 despite the competition.

You know I realized, in 2015 my top 4 fav kdramas were critical success but not fan favorite so ratings were dismal to say to the least, because those dramas have no hallyu type stars. But I prefer and I always watch dramas that showcased good writing, directing  acting and over all excellent production sans kdrama mega superstars. So yeah, might be tough for the GMB but I'd rather have low ratings but superb drama than fangirling dramas with bland storylines.   Story wise and casting/acting wise.. GMB boast of a good one. The best one.. and this ain't rom-com! so that's a plus ( for me anyway! he he) Now.. it's up to the writer not to make me look foolish and eat my words, lol 

I know,  I always say a lot. Ha ha. 

56 minutes ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I just found out that this drama will have Descendants of The Sun and Please Come Back Mister as the competitors. It will be a really tough competition. 

I must admit that I am looking forward to seeing DOTS. But since I live on the other side of the world, I get my shows via DramaFever and/or Viki so I can watch them subbed and it often takes a day or two before the translation is at 100%. I won't have to choose between the two as I can watch them both. I have no idea if they count the streaming sites' and other VOD views in the ratings. Anybody know? A quick Google search didn't give me the answer. It would be nice if they did.

Haven't heard much about the other show, so I took a look/see and all that came to my mind was: "I see dead people. They are everywhere." LOL

Hopefully the later start of filming for GMB will begin a nice momentum of press that will coast people into watching the first few shows, giving it solid ratings, and hopefully the quality of the show will hook those people and draw even more. Hope is a wonderful thing. Until it's unfulfilled! 

Is it March yet? (At least it's finally 2016!)

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

But isn't DotS airing in February? And as far as I know it won't have 20 episodes... not even 16 right? Okay I just checked. It will have 16 episodes and it will air until April 2016. But honestly we can do nothing. Maybe DotS will slay every other drama airing - including GMB. Or maybe every other drama will slay DotS. :) We can only wait and see!

Yea, We shouldn't underestimate any drama..I'm optimistic GMB can compete..Just like Jaerim's Unkind Women when we feared it would've had bad rating since it'd compete with Hyun Bin's drama; Hyde, Jekyll & Me..and look what happened.. Hyun bin's drama flopped and UW topped the rating on its time slot..I'm hoping the same with GMB *fingers crossed:heart:

Archived