[Taiwanese Drama 2015] Moon River 明若曉溪

sugarplum892

@bebebisous33 thanks for the warm welcome *hugs*

I haven't watch this week's episodes but gosh I am damn excited!

I usually start peeking in Viki on Tuesday (its today!) for the subbed episodes..

I hate that I am so busy now that I can't concentrate on this forum and get my daily dose of drama nowadays..

but I will be back (thumbs up terminator style)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thunderman1 Funny is that the episode 15 on marplestage is the episode 16 on viki!! So on marplestage, I watched the episode 16  but it was the episode 17 which quite surprised me because so many things had changed! :wub:

So the next episode (18 on marplestage) and 17 on viki will have less romantic scenes... rather a quarell between Xiao Xi and LB! :tears: Based on the preview!!

I'm not liking this new female character that they just introduced. she's more annoying than sha sha. 

Yep, Coco. Like I said before Sha Sha was just hurting herself. Liu Bing never looked at her side due to some mysterious revenge thingy. Even if he says he only loves Xiao Xi that doesn't mean he wouldn't make use someone else's interest in him. Everytime he says Xiao Xi that she is simple minded it bothers me. He thinks whatever he does she would put up with it, right? Well that's not gonna happen bro in case of love.

Guest kaliani_stv

As I was waiting for more episodes of Captain of Destiny,Second Time Twenty Years Old and Cheer Up, I found this drama and I fell in love with it immediately. Finally! A female lead that isn't a pushover, doesn't wait for the guy to save her and knows exactly who she is and what she wants. She has the oomph to tell the rich guys where to stick it and I love that about her. I do hope they release an OST though..Ep. 6 had a really awesome song and I found the clip of it on youtube but I really want a full version or one that doesn't have background noise. If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know. ^_^

Interesting is that LB has always kept a distance from Sha Sha, even when they were young, due to his mother's death. His mother told him something that Tie was kind of involved in her suicide. He blamed his father for being a coward, but he hates Sha Sha's father for her death. So far, Sha Sha has no clue about it. Since LB was the only one who showed no real admiration for her, she thought, she had to win him back through tricks. Yet, the more she acted like that, the more repulsed he became. LB is someone who is different from her: the way he rejected the presents from the girls... he is really closer to Xiao Xi than the other girls from that college. Appearances don't really matter to him, rather honesty and friendship. Since Xiao Xi entered the college, Sha Sha hated her because deep down, she felt that LB might come to like or even love Xiao Xi. She thinks, Xiao Xi is responsible for not being able to become his girlfriend. Yet, she should blame her father for that. I am hoping that Sha Sha discovers the truth at some point and this revalation leaves her devastated.get out crazy rabbit

The episode 16 was really cute... I loved it! :wub:

As for Xao Hue, she will definitely become XX's enemy. She will take XX's advice for real: "fight the enemy". Her problem is that she is so fixated on Che that she hasn't realised that someone next to her loves her. She is totally blind. She sees that Che loves XX, but she is acting like Sha Sha, blaming XX for that! As for XX, she only sees Che as her confident and friend. She wrote her name on the paper for LB. So Che has no chance and both will fight for her! The confrontation is about to happen! 

I fear, XX will be lonelier than ever in the next episodes!!:tears:

@thunderman1 Thanks for the recommandation: "Loving never forgetting" Started watching it: I really love it!:wub:

why why did they introduce Coco later in the episode she starting to annoy...    @bebebisous33 you so right Xao Hue will become the ememy .. I want Xiao to end up with Che 

To Xiao Xi, Che is just a very good friend. She loves MLB. However, they are going to quarell because of her and I am expecting that XX might leave the college as she feels she is the reason for that mess. But Sha Sha and Coco are the ones with their intrigues. I am hoping, MLB can see through their plans at some point!  

Drama going downhill , its now loading plot dragging devices. Why do all Taiwanese dramas have more episodes than necessary!!!!

Except the main 2 everyone else is in love with someone who is in love with someone else

Well you can say the same with the Boys Over Flowers--Korean version... 

Drama going downhill , its now loading plot dragging devices. Why do all Taiwanese dramas have more episodes than necessary!!!!

Except the main 2 everyone else is in love with someone who is in love with someone else

It depends on your taste. I  tend to fast forward while I've been watching long series. So I don't know other versions  but I think this pace is very good. In most of the dramas I find it very fast when they fall in love and break up. But in this one I can see accumulated  emotions and what's is coming more or less which is good for a change. For example Coco is included not only to make XX jealous but also help MLB with whatever he is up to. Everything hints that MLB's grudge against Tie Family is secondary plot that's why'd I didn't  skip any parts of it. 

It depends on your taste. I  tend to fast forward while I've been watching long series. So I don't know other versions  but I think this pace is very good. In most of the dramas I find it very fast when they fall in love and break up. But in this one I can see accumulated  emotions and what's is coming more or less which is good for a change. For example Coco is included not only to make XX jealous but also help MLB with whatever he is up to. Everything hints that MLB's grudge against Tie Family is secondary plot that's why'd I didn't  skip any parts of it. 

Only at ep 21 now so we're almost through with this drama.. there's only 8 episodes left and I could agree with you on the pacing. I like where's its going. Not once have I been bored. 

Only at ep 21 now so we're almost through with this drama.. there's only 8 episodes left and I could agree with you on the pacing. I like where's its going. Not once have I been bored. 

Same here. I really like the pacing of this show, not once have I been tempted to fast forward any part. The revenge towards Tie Family is sure to take center stage soon. I am so interested in finding out what happens to Sha Sha, Hao Xue, Che and Hao Nan. I especially squeal every time Rui Xi and cute Lucy appear. They are THE CUTEST couple ever! :D

Also, our main OTP is so unbelievably cute. :) Since this is the 4th (?) drama Pets Tseng and Sam Lin appear in together, you can tell they are really comfortable with each other despite the big age difference. I guess the increased skinship in Moon River (compared to their other dramas), have made them even more relaxed around each other. So much that I'm starting to (delusionally?) actually think they are really good friends in real life. In one of the latest episodes (not yet aired on Viki), their hugs are just so natural. You seldom see those kinds of hugs in Asian dramas.

EDIT: Does anyone know how this drama is supposed to end? As far as I understand, the novel this is based on, has not been translated into English. If our OTP doesn't end up together, I am seriously not going to be happy.

Same here. I really like the pacing of this show, not once have I been tempted to fast forward any part. The revenge towards Tie Family is sure to take center stage soon. I am so interested in finding out what happens to Sha Sha, Hao Xue, Che and Hao Nan. I especially squeal every time Rui Xi and cute Lucy appear. They are THE CUTEST couple ever! :D

Also, our main OTP is so unbelievably cute. :) Since this is the 4th (?) drama Pets Tseng and Sam Lin appear in together, you can tell they are really comfortable with each other despite the big age difference. I guess the increased skinship in Moon River (compared to their other dramas), have made them even more relaxed around each other. So much that I'm starting to (delusionally?) actually think they are really good friends in real life. In one of the latest episodes (not yet aired on Viki), their hugs are just so natural. You seldom see those kinds of hugs in Asian dramas.

EDIT: Does anyone know how this drama is supposed to end? As far as I understand, the novel this is based on, has not been translated into English. If our OTP doesn't end up together, I am seriously not going to be happy.

Yeah, I don't know how much they've worked together but if you watch bts which is available on YouTube page and ViKi you can tell they are really friends and playful with each other all the time ^^ So I enjoyed watching their light chemistry but I know what you meant though that scene was really unique and realistic. Is it weird that I didn't expect them to act that well ? I am ashamed ^^ I can't say same thing for kissing scenes for some reason they are just ok. 

And spoiler about ending 

Yes. I read something about ending on blogger. It is a sad ending for otp. That's for sure. But I don't think she will end up with second lead either which I'm not okay with. I understand that revengeful Liu Bing can only make XX miserable. Still  there is no need for her to go out with his bestie. They say they changed story telling in drama so we may expect different ending. But still it is good to be prepared for worse one. 

I think it is because they're from the same agency so they been friends for a while. I think all their dramas together were produced by their company. 

@onlysb1 I think I've read the same blog. That is why I was interested in knowing if I'm wasting my time in watching 30 episodes.

@polaress Thanks for the info. I kind of thought the case might be something like this. Pets Tseng and Sam Lin seem to be stuck like glue together, always acting in the same dramas. They really do have surprisingly good chemistry despite the big age gap. Pets Tseng seems to have a cheerful and playful character in real life.

And for those who have been watching the latest episodes:

Anyone else getting a bit tired of Xiao Xi always crying because of Skating Grandma? I really ship those two, but I feel he is taking her for granted and is letting her suffer too much. She's not getting support enough. I'm even warming up to Che who always seem to be there for her. Yeah, I know Liu Bing is on his rampage of revenge at the moment, but man, he has a lot of redeeming to do. If I were Xiao Xi, he would need to have to make up for a quite a long time for the heartache he has caused.... TBH, I feel so conflicted with the situation ATM. :tears:

Archived